Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Check out the latest MLB 13 The Show video, featuring the Atlanta Braves vs. Colorado Rockies.

Thanks cozybean!!

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Flaxseed Oil @ 03/01/13 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
All these Braves videos and none at Turner Field, hrmph!
Not a Braves fan but Turner field is beautiful. And their uniforms are great, too.

# 22 jcar0725 @ 03/01/13 08:29 PM
Just because the game looks the same, doesn't mean it's not amazing. Graphics were the least thing that needed changing anyway.

# 23 Flaxseed Oil @ 03/01/13 08:42 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the pitching motions. Everyone has that little back leg bounce. Verlander looks nothing like Verlander. Halliday is the same way...that little bounce messes up the motion.

# 24 Bahnzo @ 03/01/13 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
...and I don't care if guys don't like the game or the gameplay...have at it.
Sorry, but no way I'll ever believe that statement! Ease up chief...the game's not out and you're about to have a coronary.

From the few gameplay vids I've seen, I have to admit I don't see much, if anything that looks new *gameplay* wise. I was hoping to see some more hit variety, maybe some bloopers or what not, but I've yet to see them. It really doesn't seem like much of a change/upgrade from '12....gameplay-wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossingham
maybe knight knows this????
is that walt weiss in the game or just a made up guy
It's Weiss. I think the game doesn't do him justice tho...he's much uglier in real life.

# 25 econoodle @ 03/01/13 08:53 PM
Why did the home crowd go bananas when they're own guy grounded out?

Somethings wonky with that crowd sound. they need to chill. lol

# 26 econoodle @ 03/01/13 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahnzo
Sorry, but no way I'll ever believe that statement! Ease up chief...the game's not out and you're about to have a coronary.

From the few gameplay vids I've seen, I have to admit I don't see much, if anything that looks new *gameplay* wise. I was hoping to see some more hit variety, maybe some bloopers or what not, but I've yet to see them. It really doesn't seem like much of a change/upgrade from '12....gameplay-wise.

It's Weiss. I think the game doesn't do him justice tho...he's much uglier in real life.
I gotta step in here cause I agree with the bolded part.

I was pumped about what I heard.
TruBroadcast 2.0 and improved ball physics, which last year, was a sham.

Well, in these videos. [don't say its one inning, because between all of them its a full game] I dont see much of either.

TBP 2.0 is non-existent, and as a presentation buff, I am paying attention to that stuff.
The ball travel and bounces, look way to similar to last year. I shouldn't have to see 423 innings to notice it.
Fielders again are camping under balls near the warning track.
The same cutaways. The same OSD's [not design, but content].

Not to mention the menus STILL look the same. Just a new pant job, but the skeleton is the same. Same fonts. Mix it up guys. Its been 9 years.

Might be best now to hope the ps4 breathes some life into this old man.
Oh and matty v. it was fun, but you gotta go.
I'd never thought i'd say this, but hes more energetic during hot stove at 10am! lol

Anyways, thats my cumulative thoughts on these videos.

# 27 ajblithe20 @ 03/01/13 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle

Well, in these videos. [don't say its one inning, because between all of them its a full game] I dont see much of either.

TBP 2.0 is non-existent, and as a presentation buff, I am paying attention to that stuff.
The ball travel and bounces, look way to similar to last year. I shouldn't have to see 423 innings to notice it.

Not to mention the menus STILL look the same. Just a new pant job, but the skeleton is the same. Same fonts. Mix it up guys. Its been 9 years.

I'd never thought i'd say this, but hes more energetic during hot stove at 10am! lol

I agree with what you're saying about how there aren't many bloopers, and fielders camping under ball on the warning track. But the ball physics look greatly improved, and I believe the menus look great now. Have to wonder if you're one of those people who's never happy with a game, or maybe I'm just taking what you said the wrong way and you still think this is a great game that you wish improved in the ways you said. As for me, I always buy the new Maddens, and I know that The Show could've changed nothing from around 09 to now, and they'd still have a better game than EA Sports with Madden. So with all the things they have done to improve this game, I'm very happy.

# 28 econoodle @ 03/01/13 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
I agree with what you're saying about how there aren't many bloopers, and fielders camping under ball on the warning track. But the ball physics look greatly improved, and I believe the menus look great now. Have to wonder if you're one of those people who's never happy with a game, or maybe I'm just taking what you said the wrong way and you still think this is a great game that you wish improved in the ways you said. As for me, I always buy the new Maddens, and I know that The Show could've changed nothing from around 09 to now, and they'd still have a better game than EA Sports with Madden. So with all the things they have done to improve this game, I'm very happy.
bolded, thats me.
i am passionate for the game, if i didn't care, i wouldn't be here. even more so, i wouldn't spend my money on it on release day.

dont even go there with madden, i stopped buying that after 08. lol

# 29 MrOldboy @ 03/01/13 09:23 PM
Quote:
Why did the home crowd go bananas when they're own guy grounded out?

Somethings wonky with that crowd sound. they need to chill. lol
Others have pointed out that the crowd seems overly-excited this year. I'm starting to feel the same way after watching all the gameplay vids.

# 30 MVP9072 @ 03/01/13 09:27 PM
Yeah they get excited like a regular game is the WS

# 31 ajblithe20 @ 03/01/13 09:32 PM
Quote:
bolded, thats me.
i am passionate for the game, if i didn't care, i wouldn't be here. even more so, i wouldn't spend my money on it on release day.

dont even go there with madden, i stopped buying that after 08. lol
I getcha. I just have a friend who rants about a lot of games way too much and it's not in a constructive way, plus he never seems to have any fun with them. You sounded a bit like him lol, but I'm glad it was more of a "I'm a bit disappointed that..." post.

# 32 econoodle @ 03/01/13 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajblithe20
I getcha. I just have a friend who rants about a lot of games way too much and it's not in a constructive way, plus he never seems to have any fun with them. You sounded a bit like him lol, but I'm glad it was more of a "I'm a bit disappointed that..." post.
It comes off that way, when its building up over a couple years.
like the way people feel about madden in general, thats how i feel bout the shows presentation and gameplay strategy.

game on, ajb.

# 33 thaSLAB @ 03/01/13 09:40 PM
Re: Ball Physics

One (well two) obvious indicator as to how they've improved... count the number of ground rule doubles and high chops behind the plate you've seen in these vids. I'll wait.

Now count the shots off the pitchers. I'll wait.

-- Sent from the Future...

# 34 econoodle @ 03/01/13 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Re: Ball Physics

One (well two) obvious indicator as to how they've improved... count the number of ground rule doubles and high chops behind the plate you've seen in these vids. I'll wait.

Now count the shots off the pitchers. I'll wait.

slab, funny you mentioned that as i was just watching a few of the vids again and was waiting for a comebacker off the pitchers noggin.
lolol

I did however see a ton of those nubbers fouled off weakly towards the dugout.
Still too many of those, as I never see that.

My beef with these physics is it still doesn't look real...yet.

Without comparing, i'll just say, its been done better.

# 35 crains13 @ 03/01/13 09:46 PM
Quote:
For the love of God, please dont say MVP Baseball.

# 36 econoodle @ 03/01/13 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crains13
For the love of God, please dont say MVP Baseball.

hahahaha
ok that was good, i'll comp you that one. i laughed.

# 37 ajblithe20 @ 03/01/13 09:53 PM
Quote:
It comes off that way, when its building up over a couple years.
like the way people feel about madden in general, thats how i feel bout the shows presentation and gameplay strategy.

game on, ajb.
Haha, I would say my favorite game since I was little was Madden up until The Show 10 probably. With that said, it's hard for me to be disappointed with anything The Show does or doesn't do! Why Madden why

# 38 thaSLAB @ 03/01/13 10:16 PM
Quote:
slab, funny you mentioned that as i was just watching a few of the vids again and was waiting for a comebacker off the pitchers noggin.
lolol

I did however see a ton of those nubbers fouled off weakly towards the dugout.
Still too many of those, as I never see that.

My beef with these physics is it still doesn't look real...yet.

Lol, you also don't see the mass pitcher plunkings because there are more animations for them to get out of the way (another upgrade).

I was more talking about the balls that bounce off the plate and 30 feet in the air, that look like a pop up.

As for nubbers, you see them more in the game because the camera cuts to them. In real life the camera doesn't cut away. So I would call that a broadcast issue before a physics issue.

I'm curious where you thinks it's been done better too. And I'm genuinely asking, for research purposes. I'm a technical professional, and looking over the physics model for the game with Brian, it is mathematically 'on point'. Not to say that translates visually or perceptually, but I would like to investigate what others feel are right. And that's why I ask.

# 39 econoodle @ 03/01/13 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Lol, you also don't see the mass pitcher plunkings because there are more animations for them to get out of the way (another upgrade).

I was more talking about the balls that bounce off the plate and 30 feet in the air, that look like a pop up.

As for nubbers, you see them more in the game because the camera cuts to them. In real life the camera doesn't cut away. So I would call that a broadcast issue before a physics issue.

I'm curious where you thinks it's been done better too. And I'm genuinely asking, for research purposes. I'm a technical professional, and looking over the physics model for the game with Brian, it is mathematically 'on point'. Not to say that translates visually or perceptually, but I would like to investigate what others feel are right. And that's why I ask.

those [bolded] i havent seen either. so thats good.
i dont know man, I was pumped and these vids deflated me. I seriously feel like i am watching 12.

hmmm, i never thought of it that way, re: the camera not showing the nubbers., now it doesnt annoy me as much.

as far as bat/ball physics. PYS 2012.
and even 2k12 does real well with parts of it [meaning a high outside fastball, swung late at will go screaming off the seats in the upper deck behind the dugout]. problem with 2k tho is, the ball dies a bit after that, doesnt have a nice bounce.

anyways ill keep hope out that some franchise vids will impress me [need to see those new osd's i heard about] but the commentary is sucking my will to go through another year with this.

# 40 bautistabomb @ 03/01/13 10:35 PM
Quote:

Couldn't have said it any better myself. I am in complete agreement with everything you said. I have been a loyal fan and day 1 purchaser since 2006. Still the best sports game imo, but the last few years it has started to have a stale feeling to it. Hopefully the PS4 will breathe some new life into this franchise. Created another thread about how I was unimpressed with the gameplay videos so far and people jumped all over me. The menu's game options and gameplay have really not seen much of a change in the last 2 or 3 years, not necessarily a bad thing but it does feel like old hat. I think a complete teardown and revamp of the commentary will go a long way to make this feel fresh again. The commentary at this stage in the game's lifecycle is completely unacceptable and it actually seems to have gotten worse this year with lots of dead air. We've been hearing the same lines now for almost a decade, its time for a change.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.