Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Check out the latest MLB 13 The Show video, featuring the Atlanta Braves vs. Colorado Rockies.

Thanks cozybean!!

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 41 ParisB @ 03/01/13 11:17 PM
I just called Bud Selig. The sport looks the same as last year...

# 42 nemesis04 @ 03/01/13 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlanni1
I'm happy to see people here agree for the most part that not much has changed. You say that in some other threads and people crucify you for whatever reason. Maybe SECA pays these people on here to say nothing critical. At the end of the day though this is still one of the best sports game out there and I'll buy it but my excitement factor is at a 2 out of 10 where as when 2009 was released it was a 10 out of 10.
If your excitement level is so low why would you buy it? Oh it SCEA by the way not SECA!

# 43 thaSLAB @ 03/01/13 11:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle

as far as bat/ball physics. PYS 2012.
and even 2k12 does real well with parts of it [meaning a high outside fastball, swung late at will go screaming off the seats in the upper deck behind the dugout]. problem with 2k tho is, the ball dies a bit after that, doesnt have a nice bounce.

anyways ill keep hope out that some franchise vids will impress me [need to see those new osd's i heard about] but the commentary is sucking my will to go through another year with this.
As far as ball/bat physics, you can actually see then in real-time in PYS because the game is a much slower battery pace. If you replayed at bats in The Show, you would see they are now too shabby and much improved over past versions. I agree PYS does have the edge.

Hit variety/hit types isn't that much different between the two, and I would classify both as very good. I can't say I enjoy anything gameplay-wise about 2K, but that's just me.

As for presentation, I personally don't think you'll see anything in MLB13 that will impress you, or be to your expectations, unfortunately. Now (commentary and stats) presentation-wise 2K does get the nod over the other two series.

And as a reference, these are the baseball games I own and have played extensively, from this generation... minus 2K8, which I sold back:

-- Sent from the Future...

# 44 Blzer @ 03/01/13 11:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
Same fonts. Mix it up guys. Its been 9 years.
I'm going to agree with the font. I don't think I dislike it, but as you said, I've seen it before. Maybe it's the all capital letters or something, but a fresh coat of paint would be nice.

I don't like VC's font with their 2K games either though, so there's something in between that might be alright.

Love that they nailed Heyward's stance! Problem is that guy has changed it all three years, and I bet it's going to change some this year as well.

# 45 thaSLAB @ 03/01/13 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
If your excitement level is so low why would you buy it? Oh it SCEA by the way not SECA!
Did somebody say SECA?

Spoiler

# 46 thaSLAB @ 03/01/13 11:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm going to agree with the font. I don't think I dislike it, but as you said, I've seen it before. Maybe it's the all capital letters or something, but a fresh coat of paint would be nice.
The reason for the all CAPS is readability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdlanni1
Sorry, I didn't realize my english teacher was in this room. Why would I buy it? Because I don't want to play with old rosters. If there was a way to download 2013 rosters on 2012, I wouldn't.
You could always edit rosters...

# 47 bp4baseball @ 03/01/13 11:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
The reason for the all CAPS is readability.

I have even grown to like the all caps look, even in stuff away from The Show.

Also, nice reference to Laguna Seca...my dad raced there and I go there every year

# 48 tril @ 03/02/13 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalbird7
I heard MLB 2k13 has good commentary. You should try that game out and let us know how much fun you have.
I get both every year. Im not bashing the game. If youve played the Show the last several years, then you would have top admit that there is a considerable difference.
Somethings a-miss with the commentary.

# 49 Bulls321974 @ 03/02/13 08:31 AM
I love the game but SCEA's inability to get team colors right is really starting to annoy me. The Rockies still got black batting helmets instead of purple metallic. I don't get it...

# 50 econoodle @ 03/02/13 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
As far as ball/bat physics, you can actually see then in real-time in PYS because the game is a much slower battery pace. If you replayed at bats in The Show, you would see they are now too shabby and much improved over past versions. I agree PYS does have the edge.

Hit variety/hit types isn't that much different between the two, and I would classify both as very good. I can't say I enjoy anything gameplay-wise about 2K, but that's just me.

As for presentation, I personally don't think you'll see anything in MLB13 that will impress you, or be to your expectations, unfortunately. Now (commentary and stats) presentation-wise 2K does get the nod over the other two series.

And as a reference, these are the baseball games I own and have played extensively, from this generation... minus 2K8, which I sold back:

they way you laid out the games and controller, looks like a game of Galaga. Your ship/controller is toast!

ok that was for us oldies. lol

disappointing to hear about the presentation, but I was starting to get that sinking feeling, after seeing the videos and the lack of a blog or any significant talk about the upgrades there. Ah well.

agree about the pys/physics.

Maybe this year I'll just rock it used. wait till OSFM and then see what price I can get it at on Opening Day.

Thanks for the honesty.

# 51 Motown @ 03/02/13 11:27 AM
I think the game looks great. The only thing I'm concerned about is all the stuttering & framerate drops. I've peeped ALL these clips from an Ipad,Kindle,3 laptops, AND my PS3 youtube HD...& I'm seein' a TON of studdering & framedrops. I hope it's not as bad as it looks from these clips.

# 52 crossingham @ 03/02/13 11:48 AM
so if walt weiss is in the game.... then which managers are missing? I heard francona is missing?

# 53 LC26 @ 03/03/13 09:01 PM
bad bad bad bad

# 54 Braves Fan @ 03/03/13 10:48 PM
Gameplay didn't need improving to me anyway, it's already near perfect. Franchise mode is what needed an overhaul. As a Braves fan I love the new stances, looks like the only one I need to edit is BJ's

# 55 bp4baseball @ 03/03/13 11:38 PM
I have noticed in the videos, and especially the screenshots...the texture of the hats seems to have been nicely improved.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.