Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Check out the latest MLB 13 The Show video, featuring the Baltimore Orioles vs. Cleveland Indians.

Thanks N51_rob!!

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 dodgerblue @ 03/02/13 12:00 PM
Beautful game, but commentary and dead air is the weakest part. It may be because of space limitation, but there just isn't a good banter between the three commentators. It's like they aren't in the same booth. I don't think they need to replace anyone, just give them more interesting things to say.

It should be something more like this: Early innings, talk about each batter as they are up at the plate, and pitcher on the mound. How have they been performing lately? What are their accomplishments? Did they recently sign a new deal? Or are they new to the team?
Later in the game, the commentary can be about what they did in their first few at bats. Maybe this is asking too much for the PS3 and this will have to wait.

Like I said, beautiful game and gameplay, but stale commentary.

# 22 N51_rob @ 03/02/13 12:03 PM
I see some comments about how quickly outfielders are getting to balls and how close the plays at the bag were. Just keep in mind this is default All-Star. I usually spend time tweaking sliders, but in hopes of getting as many videos to you guys as possible, I kept everything at default.

# 23 Lovesports @ 03/02/13 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
I was watching some Spring Training real life baseball today and was really upset because other than a few new jerseys and a roster update, it looked just like 2012!!! Oh no, better boycott watching baseball this year.

Really getting tired of the comments about it looking the same, IT'S BASEBALL!!!!
I disagree, first off its a BASEBALL GAME meaning improvements should be noticible if you continue releasing the game every year. Second, no one is saying the game is bad. Constructive criticism is what gets this game better and better every year. If we all praised the game how would anything change? People need to stop defending the game as if they created it, because the so called "negative" feedback is what gets the game improved and better.

# 24 zfarrow @ 03/02/13 12:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeaverbutcher
It looks like outfielders are getting to balls way too fast. The double by Reynolds and Cabrera should not have been that close.
is it possible it was just a hard-hit line drive? I watched the video, but I don't remember that hit specifically right now.

# 25 Knight165 @ 03/02/13 12:22 PM
I have this crazy idea.

Instead of trying to post "constructive criticism off of a few innings of a game watched....why don't you reserve that for after you've played a bit?

Because the guys who have played the game and are leaving impressions in the ...wait for it....impressions thread...seem to have a different view of what you guys are perceiving(right now....) of off watching SOME gameplay.

Just a thought.

(this is just MY constructive thoughts on this )

M.K.
Knight165

# 26 Money99 @ 03/02/13 12:22 PM
"I'm not sure what looks better, The Show '13 or Dorn's wife in a red dress"

# 27 bp4baseball @ 03/02/13 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
I have this crazy idea.

Instead of trying to post "constructive criticism off of a few innings of a game watched....why don't you reserve that for after you've played a bit?

Because the guys who have played the game and are leaving impressions in the ...wait for it....impressions thread...seem to have a different view of what you guys are perceiving(right now....) of off watching SOME gameplay.

Just a thought.

(this is just MY constructive thoughts on this )

M.K.
Knight165

Don't try to bring logic or rationalization into this

# 28 MVP9072 @ 03/02/13 12:26 PM
Why are all the comments like this?

" this is mlb 12 i can't wait for the ps4 " " commentary sucks "

What more can you do with the graphics? they're great if you can't see any improvements then go play the other baseball game and have fun listening to the great commentary with terrible gameplay.

# 29 ped3328 @ 03/02/13 12:34 PM
I can’t believe how negative some people can be. Look, these short videos are only token samples of the game. Personally, I will reserve my judgment until I play several games. Some of you are literally ripping the game apart and it’s not even out yet ! I don’t think it’s fair. On the other hand, maybe our expectations are too high based on the fact sheet we get every year. That fact sheet is only a marketing ploy to sell the product. Let’s not kid ourselves here. Does SCEA deliver everything that’s in it? You can be the judge. But please, play some games first. Only then will your comments be worthy of reading. I have bought the game every year since ’09 and to say it’s the same game year after year is completely false. fficeffice" />>>
At one end of the spectrum, you have those who, no matter what, will find flaws, plenty of flaws. They will never be satisfied. At the other end of it, you have the CD guys who will defend the product to a point where it’s kind of ridiculous. But quite frankly, if I were one of those, I might be inclined to side up with SCEA to keep being invited in SD the next year. LOL>>
Every year, it’s the same pattern: the info starts flowing in for the new game. A few screens shots are sent our way, followed by the fact sheet. The initial reaction is then full of expressions such as incredible, awesome, jaw-dropping, wow, unbelievable, etc. As soon as the first few videos are out, well those whose expectations may have been too high start singing a different tune. Year in, year out, it never fails. >>
I’m looking forward to purchasing the Show ’13 next week. So many changes have taken place in MLB: realignment, new playoff format (missing in last year’s game), new Astros uniforms, not to mention an incredible number of trades, FA’s signing with new teams, etc. This alone will make me forget that the Blue Jays uniforms, once more, don’t sport the real blue. You win some, you lose some. That’s life folks...>>

# 30 Lovesports @ 03/02/13 12:41 PM
I dont get it, why cant we say a single negative thing about the game without people loosing their minds?! Fine, the game is great, commentary is awesome, ball physics are out of this world.

Does that really accomplish anything?

# 31 tnixen @ 03/02/13 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speels
I was watching some Spring Training real life baseball today and was really upset because other than a few new jerseys and a roster update, it looked just like 2012!!! Oh no, better boycott watching baseball this year.

Really getting tired of the comments about it looking the same, IT'S BASEBALL!!!!
You do not understand what I am saying at all.

What I was trying to say was any new version of MLB The Show on PS3 is just not doing it for me anymore. Obviously the game of baseball looks the same year after year but this game can look way better on a much more powerful system making it feel fresh and new looking! Same goes for things like Cell Phones. At the end of the day a Phone is just a Phone but some look way better then other.

I guess someone like you would be happy to just be playing baseball on the Atari 2600 since baseball is baseball right? Heck I wonder why Sony should even make MLB The Show for PS4 since baseball at the end of the day is just baseball?

All I am saying is MLB The Show on PS3 after 7 years does not really get me excited anymore. Not like it did when it first came out for the PS3. I guess my standards are just a lot higher then yours.

# 32 MVP9072 @ 03/02/13 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
You do not understand what I am saying at all.

What I was trying to say was any new version of MLB The Show on PS3 is just not doing it for me anymore. Obviously the game of baseball looks the same year after year but this game can look way better on a much more powerful system making it feel fresh and new looking! Same goes for things like Cell Phones. At the end of the day a Phone is just a Phone but some look way better then other.

I guess someone like you would be happy to just be playing baseball on the Atari 2600 since baseball is baseball right? Heck I wonder why Sony should even make MLB The Show for PS4 since baseball at the end of the day is just baseball?

All I am saying is MLB The Show on PS3 after 7 years does not really get me excited anymore. Not like it did when it first came out for the PS3. I guess my standards are just a lot higher then yours.
Nobody is forcing you guys to buy it you know...

# 33 crains13 @ 03/02/13 12:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
I dont get it, why cant we say a single negative thing about the game without people loosing their minds?! Fine, the game is great, commentary is awesome, ball physics are out of this world.

It's not the point of making negative comments, it's the point that you have not played '13 yet and until then should stop basing your opinions off of videos on the internet.

# 34 tnixen @ 03/02/13 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports

For some strange reason a lot of people around here do not want to here any negative comments even if they are true.

Plus as far as my comments in this thread I really do not see in anyway how I was being negative.

All my feelings about not getting very excited about MLB The SHow on PS3 anymore is just one mans opinion

# 35 tnixen @ 03/02/13 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVP9072
Nobody is forcing you guys to buy it you know...
Did you not read where I said I but it every year?

# 36 stealyerface @ 03/02/13 01:02 PM
Nice video. I can see some of the nuances and fielding tweaks, and I did notice Rob was doing a nice job of working the ball inside/ouside, down and in against the batters.

Pulse Pitching was a surprise hit for me last year, and I like the tweak on the pulse thing, even though Ants Marching never bothered me too much in last year's version.

Couple of things I can tell, even before I play the game on Tuesday.

Fielders are too fast out of the box, and will get the SYF slider treatment prior to playing the game.
As will the runner speed be turned down. They are too fast.

I am thinking of writing down all the sliders from last year, and loading them in and use them as my baseline for 2013. I spent a good few months last year getting the game to play perfectly, with regards to range, speed, throwing strength, baserunners... and when you move one, it affects the others as well.

Looking forward to Tuesday!
~syf

# 37 N51_rob @ 03/02/13 01:04 PM
No one is saying you can't give criticism of the game. Feel free, but we do ask that it be constructive.

Comments about wanting or waiting for PS4 are not constructive at all. And do nothing to further the conversation about making 13 a more enjoyable experience for everyone?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 38 tnixen @ 03/02/13 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crains13
It's not the point of making negative comments, it's the point that you have not played '13 yet and until then should stop basing your opinions off of videos on the internet.
As a long time buyer of MLB The Show I do not need to play it to see that it looks the same as the previous version in these videos and screenshots.

And I know 13 will be a very nice upgrade over 12 thanks new improved gameplay, New Modes, prettier presentation and so on.

But its not "Next Gen" improved and that's why I do not get excited for new PS3 releases!

# 39 Checmate101 @ 03/02/13 01:12 PM
so glad to not see a ground rule double on that hit in the 2nd inning

# 40 crains13 @ 03/02/13 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
As a long time buyer of MLB The Show I do not need to play it to see that it looks the same the previous version in these videos and screenshots.

And I know 13 will be a very nice upgrade over 12 thanks new improved gameplay, New Modes, prettier presentation and so on.

But its not "Next Gen" improved and that's why I do not get excited for new PS3 releases!
So which versions do you actually think look the same? The guys over in the Impressions thread must be screwing with us when they say the graphics are better.

What else would you like to see other than "new improved gameplay, new modes, and prettier presentation"?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.