Home
MLB 2K13 News Post

Check out the MLB 2K13 gameplay video, featuring the Baltimore Orioles vs. Toronto Blue Jays.

Check out the Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Oakland A's, right here.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 SynShadowzz @ 03/05/13 09:35 AM
How can any blame fall to 2K, really?

Look, it was MLB who wanted the game published. 2K had no intention of making another MLB game, and when the league was made aware that they wouldn't have a game on the 360, they cut 2K a deal w/ licensing and said "put something out."

2K really had no choice, they did what they could.

If $60.00 is too much for you, then maybe you've got your priorities in check and you spend wisely.

Otherwise, I want to play baseball this season and I don't want the same rosters / league alignment from last year.

So I'll spend the $60, and thank 2K/MLB for giving me a newer game to play this year.

# 62 CMH @ 03/05/13 11:05 AM
Guys, don't make us close this thread.

Talk about the video and the video only.

# 63 riichiieriich @ 03/05/13 11:31 AM
I'm still struggling to understand how voicing one's opinion about something they've experienced and/or their perception is trolling? Can someone explain this to me?

I've played MLB 2k baseball since the DREAMCAST days. The last three iterations have been almost IDENTICAL in gameplay, presentation, and game modes. I want a good baseball game for my Xbox gaming. This video shows me the same thing I've played the last three years, with more "color pop."

# 64 CMH @ 03/05/13 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riichiieriich
I'm still struggling to understand how voicing one's opinion about something they've experienced and/or their perception is trolling? Can someone explain this to me?
Perhaps if you tried reading, it would all come to you. Now drop it.

Sent from my mobile device.

# 65 mcmax3000 @ 03/05/13 05:54 PM
I can't speak to how the game plays, or even how it looks in motion, because I'm not in a situation currently where I can watch the videos, but the screen grab of the video that shows up on this page before you click play, especially for the Baltimore/Toronto video, looks like an N64/PS1 game.

When I was scrolling through the front page, and past the picture, I honestly thought I was scrolling past some article about a classic baseball game from that era.

It might just be a bad screengrab on the video, but man, that's one hell of an ugly picture.

# 66 wozamil @ 03/05/13 07:18 PM
I know it looks the same, but for anyone with an Xbox, it's not terrible.

# 67 RUFFNREADY @ 03/06/13 03:37 AM
I have played a bunch of games so far (MLB 2K13); and I would generally say, the game is good, but not great, as we would all love to see great improvements from last years installment; but this isn't the case this year! There are pros and cons to every video game created; and we look to the most obvious ones as a whole "Price" vs "Gameplay" (improvements).
The bottom line is; Is this game worth the price tag of $60.00 for the minimal upgrades, and subtraction of modes, within the game?
IMO, I don't feel it is, at all; if the pricetag was lowered to a reasonable $20-$30, (and a possible direct download, ie. MLB 13 The Show on PS3) there wouldn't be soo much chatter about the game, and what it actually offers this season.
I cannot complain, as I got the game for free, and I like to play 2K baseball games for their FUN factor! but I can understand what the consumer(s) are dealing with on the possible purchase of MLB 2K13, and the negativity surrounding the games release!
Bottom line: If you want it, you will buy it regardless of price point; if your on the fence and are accumulating reviews in order for you to justify spending any money on this game, then keep on waiting, until something feels right, or move on!

Just my two Cents!

# 68 Beastly Wayz @ 03/06/13 06:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wozamil
I know it looks the same, but for anyone with an Xbox, it's not terrible.
Totally Agree Man..... I purchased the game, I have a 360, and what other option do I have? The game is still "Fun" to play....

# 69 CMH @ 03/07/13 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGamingBlake
Mad respect for this guy ^^
Respecting members who find themselves getting banned is definitely a positive direction to head.

You want to get back on topic?

Sent from my mobile device.

# 70 RUFFNREADY @ 03/21/13 08:37 PM
Blue Jays taking on the World series Champs!

# 71 pistolpete @ 03/21/13 08:42 PM
I always thought one of the best features of 2k baseball was the post game highlights. They look great. I wish they could incorporate some of those cameras in game.

# 72 Cardot @ 03/22/13 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolpete
I always thought one of the best features of 2k baseball was the post game highlights. They look great. I wish they could incorporate some of those cameras in game.
Agreed. I actually like the pressbook feature too that is in several 2K titles....but I may be the only one. LOL.

# 73 econoodle @ 03/22/13 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RUFFNREADY
Blue Jays taking on the World series Champs!

man, look at that cloud coverage.

# 74 audbal @ 03/22/13 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Boy, the hitch/delay in the hitting/swing animations, along with camera cutscenes of balls put into play, is noticably jumpy. It's butter-smooth on the PC. I couldn't play the game like that, not after playing the PC version the past two years.
I've found some settings that don't eliminate the hitch completely, but it eliminates it substantially...fielding view/dynamic/zoom 1/height 1...base running view/follow/zoom 1/height 1. Now I play with auto fielding and auto base running, so I don't need a larger view to see, but it sure feels like watching a broadcast.

# 75 audbal @ 03/22/13 07:30 PM
I think alot of the hitch/delay effect has to do with where you are playing. I played a spring training game where there was very little and then I played at yankee stadium and it was happening almost everytime the ball was hit.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.