Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Hall of Fame WRs Vie for Final Spot in Old-School Bracket

To get fans warmed up for the upcoming Madden NFL 25 Cover Vote EA SPORTS and ESPN today announced a special play-in round to fill the final slot in the old-school bracket. Hall of Fame wide receivers Jerry Rice and Cris Carter will do battle this week in order to determine who will be named as a tournament entrant.

The play-in round will be conducted exclusively on Twitter, and fans can vote for their favorite by tweeting at SportsNation (@SportsNation) and using the hashtags #Madden25Rice or #Madden25Carter. It’ll be up to the fans to decide if @JerryRice or @criscarter80 has what it takes to enter this elite bracket. The winner will be announced via Twitter prior to SportsNation’s Madden NFL 25 Cover Vote kickoff show that airs Monday, Mar. 11 at 4 p.m. ET on ESPN2, at which point the full 64-player bracket will be revealed and First Round voting will commence on ESPN.com/MaddenVote.

The two legendary receivers will be competing for an open spot in the old-school bracket. Due to the infancy of the franchise, the Houston Texans are represented solely in the new-school bracket, creating an opportunity for Rice and Carter to enter the Madden NFL 25 Cover Vote competition.

Embraced by fans and honored by critics for 25 years, Madden NFL is known as the NFL’s “33rd Franchise” due to its authentic gameplay, the development team’s unparalleled access to NFL resources and its prominent place in NFL culture. Since its beginning as “John Madden Football,” the franchise has sold through approximately 99 million units and generated more than $3.7 billion in net revenue.

Madden NFL 25 is developed in Orlando, Florida by EA Tiburon and will be available for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system and PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system for $59.99 and can be preordered at GameStop.

To learn more about Madden NFL 25, visit http://www.easports.com/madden-nfl. Fans are also invited to become a Madden Insider for exclusive information on Facebook including the latest news, original content and more for Madden NFL 25.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 JerzeyReign @ 03/04/13 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Embraced by fans and honored by critics for 25 years, Madden NFL is known as the NFL’s “33rd Franchise” due to its authentic gameplay, the development team’s unparalleled access to NFL resources and its prominent place in NFL culture.
I think this was added in to troll OS lol. Now we can go "hard" on Madden due to them constantly saying they have authentic gameplay.

Anyway, Jerry Rice should be an easy pick. No offense to Carter but Rice is the best WR to ever do it and this vote should be lopsided.

# 2 CM Hooe @ 03/04/13 01:01 PM
The notion of Jerry Rice in a play-in game against anyone is insulting, lol.

# 3 simfballcritic @ 03/04/13 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I am not at all "hyped" by a cover vote but glad to see I was not the only one shocked to read that arguably the greatest receiver to ever play football has to "play-in". Well done by EA marketing because now I actually am curios to see what players were a stone cold lock over Rice, lol.
Nice post!

# 4 JerzeyReign @ 03/04/13 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I am not at all "hyped" by a cover vote but glad to see I was not the only one shocked to read that arguably the greatest receiver to ever play football has to "play-in". Well done by EA marketing because now I actually am curios to see what players were a stone cold lock over Rice, lol.
It looks like they did it per team - if thats the case Joe Montana probably took the 49ers bid.

# 5 believeinnow @ 03/04/13 02:34 PM
Is there a reason this is just a re-posting of the press release they sent out? Why not put a personal spin the story? Feels like really lazy reporting.

# 6 believeinnow @ 03/04/13 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
It looks like they did it per team - if thats the case Joe Montana probably took the 49ers bid.
I actually don't think it's per-team since they would have had two Niners players fighting for the SF Legends Spot. Looks like it's just a lot of legends and they decided to put some light on a player like Jerry Rice who will probably be a finalist.

# 7 econoodle @ 03/04/13 03:45 PM
Rice.
Not that it matters cause Rodgers will win it.

I also said that the last two years tho, so whatever.

# 8 BLACKjersey53 @ 03/04/13 03:52 PM
Carter was a beast, but I just don't see Rice losing this....just like I didn't see Eddie Lacy losing the NCAA cover vote :/

# 9 SmittyD81 @ 03/04/13 06:30 PM
Even though I'm not that concerned about the cover vote, Rice has to be in there though. That would just be wrong. You might as well put Randy Moss vs Carter and duke it out that way instead. Jerry is in his own tier of greatness at the WR spot.

# 10 cedwebb @ 03/04/13 09:59 PM
I can't get over the fact that C.C. never played in those new unis. If your gonna put a Hall of Famer on the cover at least put him in what he wore.

# 11 ajra21 @ 03/06/13 01:21 PM
If Rice wins the vote, I'm not signing him for the 2014 season.

# 12 Cleveland Rocks @ 03/08/13 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateFootball
Am I the only one who thinks that they put rices head on Keith jacksons body? The dude looks like a massive TE.

I don't see how Rice isn't already a lock. He is probably the top NFL player of all time, just based off his insane stats, and accomplishments. I think the majority would put him in the top 5 of all time, and many at the number one spot, even not being a QB. Seams insulting he is competing with Chris Carter for a starting spot,lol.
The only reason for him not to be on the cover is because his player model is so terrible he still looks like Colonel Broyles on Fringe. Last gen Rice looked more accurate.

# 13 Td1984 @ 03/08/13 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by econoodle
Rice.
Not that it matters cause Rodgers will win it.

I also said that the last two years tho, so whatever.
I have a feeling one of the Legends will be on the cover (either that, or both the Legend and active player that face off for the cover will be on together, like for Madden 10).

# 14 Cleveland Rocks @ 03/09/13 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Td1984
I have a feeling one of the Legends will be on the cover (either that, or both the Legend and active player that face off for the cover will be on together, like for Madden 10).
Now that would be really cool, but the would have to be the same or opposing positions.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.