Home
Tiger 14 News Post

The Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 demo is available now for Xbox 360 users (queue it up here). It weighs in at 1.98 GB.

PS3 users will have to wait until later this afternoon, when the PS Store updates.

UPDATE: The PS3 demo is available now.

Fans Get First Taste of Innovative Gameplay Features

Experience golf from the past and present, and play as golf icon Arnold Palmer in the all-new Legends of the Majors mode, experience the LPGA Tour and get a taste of the Connected Tournaments feature where players can compete online with friends.
  • The Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 demo features one of the most compelling modes in franchise history – Legends of the Majors. The featured challenge, 1961 Open Championship at Royal Birkdale, puts players in the shoes of golf legend Arnold Palmer, in the 1960’s era, with the legend’s era-specific attire, equipment and skills. Once the challenge is passed, gamers will unlock 1960’s Arnold Palmer for use in the full version of the game.

• For the first time in franchise history, the game will feature LPGA integration and gamers can get a preview of the LPGA via the all-new Quick Tournaments feature. Players can use LPGA golf phenom Lexi Thompson on a new course – Oak Hill Country Club.

• Golf in a “Twenty-foursome” through our all-new Connected Tournaments mode in the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 demo. Compete online against other players or friends and see as many as 23 shot arcs from other players on the course at the same time. Players can get a jumpstart on creating their country club tournaments by going to the Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 website.

• The Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 demo will support motion control and continue the level of immersion as fans can play the demo with Kinect for Xbox 360 or Sony PlayStation Move controllers.

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Koolie G @ 03/06/13 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cccgolfer08
I believe if you go to the gameplay settings in the main menu, and you scroll down, there is an option to change to the right stick.
I thought I tried that. I don't think there was a gameplay setting option when i was in the connected tournament. Maybe I missed it, but I definitely looked for it and I was able to change it when I was playing in "offline" tournament.

# 102 DivotMaker @ 03/06/13 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolie G
I thought I tried that. I don't think there was a gameplay setting option when i was in the connected tournament. Maybe I missed it, but I definitely looked for it and I was able to change it when I was playing in "offline" tournament.
Go into Gameplay Settings each time you start the demo and change the stick there so it is universal no matter if you are playing online or offline, but do it each time you exit the demo and restart the demo....

# 103 shootah66 @ 03/06/13 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BagMan
A variety of camera options in a golf game should be mandatory.

Also, the core of the game is flawed. It should provide tremendous satisfaction as a reward for hitting the ball properly. The way it is currently, iron strikes sound like ground first then ball contact. it should be the opposite.

Same with the driver. The swing speed sounds too low for a professional golfer and the sound of the driver hitting the ball is too hollow.

In real golf, you can tell a good strike by the sound. A very satisfying sound.

If you had a baseball game where hitting a baseball doesnt feel right or is not satisfying, you would not play it very long.
Bagman i agree 100% with your comments regarding the sound made when hitting crisp shots. This is my major problem as of now with the game. I hope it gets fixed befor the release date. It sounds minor but its a huge deal imo.

# 104 cccgolfer08 @ 03/06/13 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolie G
You may just not have seen it because you actually have to scroll down farther than what is shown on the menu to see the option, you may not have went down to the bottom of the list to actually "scroll" through all the gameplay settings.

# 105 Love13 @ 03/06/13 06:07 PM
I may be an idiot because I don't use the Xbox a ton, more of a ps3 guy, but I searched for the demo on Xbox today and could not find it. I managed to find the tiger 13 demo, but I could not find the tiger 14 demo. Did it get taken down or something or am I just completely missing it?

# 106 Pappy Knuckles @ 03/06/13 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love13
I may be an idiot because I don't use the Xbox a ton, more of a ps3 guy, but I searched for the demo on Xbox today and could not find it. I managed to find the tiger 13 demo, but I could not find the tiger 14 demo. Did it get taken down or something or am I just completely missing it?
Games/Browse Games/Demos/New Releases. Tiger 14 demo should be the first thing listed.

# 107 Love13 @ 03/06/13 06:13 PM
That's where I was just looking but it wasn't there, then I did a search for tiger woods and it pulled up everything dating back to 2010 but nothing for 14. I'll go check again here in a minute. Hopefully I just overlooked it.

# 108 Love13 @ 03/06/13 06:37 PM
Just checked again, it's not there. I'm guessing there's some rhyme or reason as to why it's not there, but for now, I'm just out of luck on the Xbox version. I downloaded the ps3 version last night but I've always preferred the Xbox controller for this franchise because I feel the ps3 are too loose. I also want to try the kinect again after not playing it a ton last year.

Oh well, I guess I'll just keep checking back until it's on there again.

# 109 SinisterAlex @ 03/06/13 06:44 PM
One thing that is annoying me is the fact that half the time you can't see where your putt goes after you make your putting stroke because your golf is in the way.... pisses me off to be honest.

Plus like others have said, the quick camera cuts after shots takes away from the immersion. Other than that, I love this demo!

EDIT: Saw this on the official forums, the demo shouldn't be this dark.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9338193.page

Quote:
Just wanted to break this one out. There are a fair amount of comments about the demo being dark. I was able to just confirm with our Art Director that there was indeed a pass to lighten up the darkest holes after the demo shipped. A final build was taken home by our environment lighter last night to compare to the demo and it is lighter than what you guys are currently seeing.

Hope that helps. Again, a lot is happening when the demo ships and it's hard for me to recall which changes were made before and which changes were made after the demo was cut off.

# 110 OnlookerDelay @ 03/06/13 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Love13
Just checked again, it's not there. I'm guessing there's some rhyme or reason as to why it's not there, but for now, I'm just out of luck on the Xbox version. I downloaded the ps3 version last night but I've always preferred the Xbox controller for this franchise because I feel the ps3 are too loose. I also want to try the kinect again after not playing it a ton last year.

Oh well, I guess I'll just keep checking back until it's on there again.
Are you a Silver or Gold XBox Live member? If it's the former, there's a delay between the time new demos are posted and when they're made available to Silver members.

# 111 kerosene31 @ 03/06/13 08:48 PM
Maybe someone can help... I'm lost on simulation. I can only hit a huge draw or fade. Nothing straight. I try to follow the marker and it just shanks.

There's also no yardage anywhere on the course, making it nearly impossible to judge anything. I miss the way true aim was in TW11 (I think it was TW11). Maybe I'm missing some button but that is completely unrealistic for pros. Pros have caddies who know yardage to points on the course.

There's also no way I can read greens? They just look perfectly flat, but they aren't.

I dropped 25 strokes in 2 holes. I think I'm done for the night.

# 112 Hurricain @ 03/06/13 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerosene31
Maybe someone can help... I'm lost on simulation. I can only hit a huge draw or fade. Nothing straight. I try to follow the marker and it just shanks.

There's also no yardage anywhere on the course, making it nearly impossible to judge anything. I miss the way true aim was in TW11 (I think it was TW11). Maybe I'm missing some button but that is completely unrealistic for pros. Pros have caddies who know yardage to points on the course.

There's also no way I can read greens? They just look perfectly flat, but they aren't.

I dropped 25 strokes in 2 holes. I think I'm done for the night.

For the putts on the xbox I believe it is press back on joystick to read the slope. But I agree with some of your points.

Where is the yardage books or something to at least tell you front and back of green? Also, I know it is to make the game more difficult but not really feeling the "must hit a draw or fade" every time.

# 113 kerosene31 @ 03/06/13 09:04 PM
It feels like difficulty for the sake of difficulty, not realism. Even tournament you have to hit a draw or a fade. While it only shows a little on the shot, the aiming is like 30 degrees to the side. Am I the only one not able to do that?

Also, the arrow wind meter. I get that it shouldn't tell you exactly, but how do you tell 5 from 15? That's a huge difference and something that would easily be noticeable in real life. Right now conditions are calm, but once things get nasty it will be what feels artificially difficult.

I seem to be in the minority on this so maybe I'm just not good at this game. I bumped down to tour pro, but then I'll just be competing with the -50 people.

Also, I'm disappointed that there is no way to see your surroundings when stuck in the trees. Is that branch going to stop your shot or not? No way to tell other than to guess and pray.

# 114 Love13 @ 03/06/13 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Are you a Silver or Gold XBox Live member? If it's the former, there's a delay between the time new demos are posted and when they're made available to Silver members.
This may be that rhyme or reason that I had in mind. I have no idea about levels of Xbox live, like I said I normally prefer ps3. But judging by my lack of knowledge about the levels, I would assume I am simply the basic entry level which would make this explanation make sense.

I guess I'll just keep checking back until I see it.

# 115 cccgolfer08 @ 03/06/13 10:35 PM
Quote:

Also, the arrow wind meter. I get that it shouldn't tell you exactly, but how do you tell 5 from 15? That's a huge difference and something that would easily be noticeable in real life. Right now conditions are calm, but once things get nasty it will be what feels artificially difficult.
I can maybe try and help on the wind meter. You really will need to pay attention how much the wind plays on the first couple holes when you're playing 18 holes this year, that will give you a gauge on how much it will play the whole round. Another way you can somewhat gauge it is by the fluttering of the wind arrow.. if it is fluttering kind of fast and hard, it is a higher wind, if it isn't really moving at all, it is pretty calm... You can also kind of judge by how much the grass/trees are blowing.

# 116 Gerg04 @ 03/06/13 10:56 PM
Quote:

There's also no yardage anywhere on the course, making it nearly impossible to judge anything.
In the top left corner. You'll see: GOLFERS NAME, their score, then underneath is what stroke your hitting and distance to flag.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

# 117 DivotMaker @ 03/06/13 11:10 PM
Quote:
It feels like difficulty for the sake of difficulty, not realism. Even tournament you have to hit a draw or a fade. While it only shows a little on the shot, the aiming is like 30 degrees to the side. Am I the only one not able to do that?

I seem to be in the minority on this so maybe I'm just not good at this game. I bumped down to tour pro, but then I'll just be competing with the -50 people.

Also, I'm disappointed that there is no way to see your surroundings when stuck in the trees. Is that branch going to stop your shot or not? No way to tell other than to guess and pray.
You should familiarize yourself with the EA Tiger forums as the Devs and GameChangers are helping answer numerous questions and all your questions are being answered there.....

# 118 carl_1984 @ 03/07/13 06:13 AM
Is there any reason I can't find the demo anywhere on xbox live? I am based in the UK.

Thanks in advance

# 119 Woody19 @ 03/07/13 08:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carl_1984
Is there any reason I can't find the demo anywhere on xbox live? I am based in the UK.

Thanks in advance
As far as I know, you need to have a XBox Live Gold membership in order to download the demo ...

# 120 kerosene31 @ 03/07/13 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerg04
In the top left corner. You'll see: GOLFERS NAME, their score, then underneath is what stroke your hitting and distance to flag.
That's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for specific yardages (front of the green, front of the bunker, etc). The kind of stuff a real caddie would provide to a pro golfer.

I thought true aim in TW11 was perfect this way.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.