Home
MLB 2K13 News Post

MLB 2K12 Online Leagues shown above, nowhere to be found in MLB 2K13

MLB 2K13 will not include online leagues. This has been confirmed by users on the 2K Sports forums.

*UPDATE: More confirmation from OS readers in response to this thread.

Game: Major League Baseball 2K13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 14 - View All
Major League Baseball 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SynShadowzz @ 03/05/13 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Oread
My point is really that the games take a lot longer than 30 minutes, unless it is a one of the leagues that ban throwing balls. And even at 30 minutes, it is still and hour and half for a three game series. Playing games out of order dorks up the entire premise of managing a rotation and bullpen.

Find 30 guys that will create a stable league in this scenario is rare. Look at the online league forum. It's freaking dead. No one was playing it.

It's great that there are people that like it, but I'm not surprised that the same company that pulled the plug on MLB Today last year dropped online leagues this year.

I'll tell you what, show me five online leagues that completed one season last year. There is nothing on the web about any leagues besides random forum posts all over asking if there is interest.

It would be better if it was in. It's better if it is left out if they drop the ball on it like they did with MLB Today.
This is wrong on all points. You don't have to play a 162 game season.
There is a very easy way to manage rotations/bullpens - we did it last year.
We completed a 162 game season with 30 owners.
Using OS to judge the activity of Online Leagues is absurd.

# 22 AcceptedIntern4 @ 03/05/13 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt Oread
My point is really that the games take a lot longer than 30 minutes, unless it is a one of the leagues that ban throwing balls. And even at 30 minutes, it is still and hour and half for a three game series. Playing games out of order dorks up the entire premise of managing a rotation and bullpen.

Find 30 guys that will create a stable league in this scenario is rare. Look at the online league forum. It's freaking dead. No one was playing it.

It's great that there are people that like it, but I'm not surprised that the same company that pulled the plug on MLB Today last year dropped online leagues this year.

I'll tell you what, show me five online leagues that completed one season last year. There is nothing on the web about any leagues besides random forum posts all over asking if there is interest.

It would be better if it was in. It's better if it is left out if they drop the ball on it like they did with MLB Today.
Have you played in a Madden League or NBA 2K league? It takes 1.5 hours to play one game in those leagues. It is very clear to me that you have never played in a well run online league before. We have run many leagues between football and baseball with great success and with full participation from the majority of teams.

2K has really dropped the ball here. I went out and purchased the game any ways in hopes that there would be improvements made to last season's version. Instead when I put the game in the system I found that it was 2K12 (which I expected). But what I didn't expect was that it was 2K12 before 2K12 was patched. All of the same glitches that WERE FIXED are back again. The fielder's are throwing the ball all over the field and the only way to get it to stop is to unplug your controller, the catcher isn't fielding ground balls, the same hesitation by infielders and outfielders when fielding the ball. It is absolutely absurd that 2K can release this game with a straight face. I feel cheated, ripped off, and even conned.

They could have released a statement giving a heads up to their consumer base that is loyal. This is an unbelievable let down and as a customer that has purchased all of 2K's sports games I am outraged and won't ever give another dime of my money to them unless this gets rectified in some how some way.

# 23 DaveDQ @ 03/05/13 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcceptedIntern4
They could have released a statement giving a heads up to their consumer base that is loyal. This is an unbelievable let down and as a customer that has purchased all of 2K's sports games I am outraged and won't ever give another dime of my money to them unless this gets rectified in some how some way.
I think that is what is most upsetting. If anyone knows 2K Sports, they know Visual Concepts and what was espnvideogames. At one point, they had leagues that mirrored what the actual ESPN site looked like, and there were some great leagues to be a part of then. 2K was doing leagues when no one else was. They pioneered them.

The question though is are they too costly to maintain to where it hurts production of the game. We all know that MLB for 2K has not done what many hoped. They flubbed it this generation, so the excitement for the game and the sales aren't there.

# 24 GuyinPA75 @ 03/05/13 07:59 PM
I'm buying the game because I think MLB 2k is such a blast and fun to play.

Not having Online Leagues is bad move. People like that.

# 25 slashpg88 @ 03/05/13 09:05 PM
I will not be purchasing this game if online leagues are not part of the game. Online leagues have really added excitement in all sports games. Imagine what they could do with NCAAB, NCAAF and NFL. But that's a topic within itself. The lack of online leagues will be the reason I stay away from 2K13, tho I am curious if they will keep the servers open for MLB 2K12 online leagues

# 26 ManiacMatt1782 @ 03/06/13 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32_OS
How many of you actually played the online league last year? I know I didn't so this means nothing to me. I'm curious to know who actually did...
I skipped last year but thats all I played in 11. Popped the pitch speed up to 80 and invited friends who did stuff other than bunt for a hit every time. The servers actually handled the game well with almost no lag at all. I was gonna get it this year, but just like 2k did with NBA 2k12, they removed key online features. Except this was worse. Instead of the boken online association they released with NBA 2k12. they removed leagues entirely for 2k13. this game isnt even worth 20 to me now, as that was the only reason to buy it for me.

# 27 ManiacMatt1782 @ 03/06/13 07:49 AM
Are 2k12's online leagues still up?

# 28 daltros @ 03/06/13 03:04 PM
Even though I hardly play online leagues, it is a crime that they removed that game mode. Every season, I participate in a league that never finishes the first two seasons. I usually stick to a plethora of ranked matches, but a group of my friends were actually planning on starting a league...and of course there would be none for this year.

# 29 DukesofHazzard @ 03/06/13 07:50 PM
I wouldn't be suprised if whom ever wins the $ 1,000,000 dollar prize, they just look at someone from the 2k dev team and say, na, you need it more than i do

# 30 buckeyedawgtribe @ 03/09/13 11:53 AM
You got duped by spending $60 dollars on a game that was not gonna even be released to the until it was renewed in the fall. Who exactly is at fault. They have been doing this to us since 2K8. You cant all have been asleep. I do feel for you that expected online leagues but this is pretty much the status quo for this company.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.