Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

You read that right.

Paul Lukas, aka @UniWatch on Twitter, will be a new addition in Madden NFL 25 when it hits store shelves this fall. Lukas is best known for his work of obsessively looking at the aesthetics of sports, and has a popular blog covering sports fashion and more.

"One of the higher-ups from EA Sports, who says he's a big Uni Watch fan, got in touch with me about 10 days ago and invited me to participate," Lukas wrote on Thursday. "It sounded like fun, so I said yes."

While in the big picture, this is a relatively minuscule addition to the game (and completely irrelevant to people more interested in gameplay) it certainly is interesting that EA is growing their list of faux 'tweeters' within the game. It's likely there are no other connections to other features with Lukas' inclusion within the game. [Kotaku]

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 roadman @ 03/20/13 08:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVarck31
I don't really think anyone thinks EA is going to cut gameplay resources because of this twitter fluff announcement. I just think people feel like they are being kicked in the nuts when this stuff gets what most people feel is undue attention.

This can be blamed on the media, though, not EA.

I think people want to lash out at EA for something they didn't market or so it appears.

# 62 SmashMan @ 03/20/13 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
This can be blamed on the media, though, not EA.

I think people want to lash out at EA for something they didn't market or so it appears.
Exactly. This came from UniWatch, not EA.

I'd guess whatever new personalities have been added are just going to be listed in a random hype blog post in the middle of the summer with little, if any, fanfare. As it is, people are always looking to the future and without actual game news yet, minor notes like this get blown entirely out of proportion.

# 63 SmashMan @ 03/20/13 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
And how CM Hooe of you to ignore all the other things I mentioned and just focus on one thing. And how you ignore that I've only been commenting on how useless and unimportant TWITTER FASHION is. Heck, I wouldn't even care about twitter fashion if EA/Tib didn't produce such an incomplete game. I wouldn't care one way or the other if NBA2K14 had twitter fashion. I would just chuckle at it. But I wouldn't care. Why? Because NBA2K13 is a much more polished game. Madden, this entire gen console, has been greatly disappointing. At this point, adding TWITTER FASHION is just frustrating.
I have to ask, since you single out the phrase 'Twitter fashion' - your opposition is only to UniWatch being added to the list of Madden's Twitter personalities?

There seems to be a disconnect between the point/counterpoint you guys have going on.

# 64 Scribe1980 @ 03/21/13 01:02 AM
Madden is a mess. Lukas writes a good column on ESPN.com, but if I wanted to read his stuff I'd be doing that, not sitting in front of the PS3.

Madden will never again be EA's flagship game. It has been passed permanently by FIFA, and Tiburon desperately responds to the game's growing irrelevance with silly crap like this.

# 65 ubernoob @ 03/21/13 01:30 AM
I'm taking this one a bit off topic here, but I find it humorous that FIFA is always mentioned yet it has the same things going for it that Madden does. The license and good graphics. Granted they have gotten better, but its still an arcade game of soccer.

Run down the flank and cross it into the middle. That's what FIFA was and still is to some extent.

# 66 roadman @ 03/21/13 10:14 AM
Quote:
I'm staying on topic. The "TWITTER FASHION" being added over some incredibly significant improvements that are either incomplete or totally missing in Madden and have been missing or incomplete for an entire decade or more is insulting, frustrating and infuriating.

I never posted a frustration or complaint about twitter being added even though it's more fluff over substance, which is still frustrating. But blanking "TWITTER FASHION" just completely jumps the shark.

Our point/counter point disconnect happens quite frequently. Someone posts something, then "somebody else" counters with something kind of related but logically outside of the original point to try and disprove the point.

I'm getting used to it.
Bucky, I'm one that didn't like much about 13, but I find it difficult to rail on EA for this one because they didn't market or break this story.

If they did, I'd be all over this one.

It just seems too easy to point fingers at EA, but in reality, they didn't break this story.

I highly doubt marketing wanted this story leaked as a front runner to thier upcoming released information regarding Madden 25.

Any news, whether it's about fake Twitter feeds, real refs, or helmet to helmet hits will be put out quickly and try to be the first one to break it in media regarding Madden 25.

# 67 cuttingteeth @ 03/21/13 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Bucky, I'm one that didn't like much about 13, but I find it difficult to rail on EA for this one because they didn't market or break this story.

If they did, I'd be all over this one.

It just seems too easy to point fingers at EA, but in reality, they didn't break this story.

I highly doubt marketing wanted this story leaked as a front runner to thier upcoming released information regarding Madden 25.

Any news, whether it's about fake Twitter feeds, real refs, or helmet to helmet hits will be put out quickly and try to be the first one to break it in media regarding Madden 25.
True...but then, what has EA done to quell the news with something better? Was it the picture of Andy Reid being photographed from every angle?

# 68 SmashMan @ 03/21/13 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
True...but then, what has EA done to quell the news with something better? Was it the picture of Andy Reid being photographed from every angle?
Also not news that came from EA. Thinking that EA would release "better" news to offset some people's displeasure with UniWatch saying he'll be in Madden's Twitter feed is odd.

We all know Madden's info release schedule by now, they're not altering it because UniWatch and the Chiefs posted minor news about the game.

# 69 cuttingteeth @ 03/21/13 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmashMan
Also not news that came from EA. Thinking that EA would release "better" news to offset some people's displeasure with UniWatch saying he'll be in Madden's Twitter feed is odd.

We all know Madden's info release schedule by now, they're not altering it because UniWatch and the Chiefs posted minor news about the game.
A marketing department's job is to positively market their product. If some news about their product (no matter where it comes from) does become too big of a negative, they would be within the full liability of their job requirements to quell the news with something else/better/positive. Trust me on this. I see it happen every week. I've made such decisions a few times. In the film industry, it is sometimes as simple as release the "other" stills, maybe the newer teaser/trailer. Other times, it is more complicated in the case of "let's release news of a director's cut/alternate cut/extra footage version and then sell that." So, no, it's not beyond expectation that they can or would release information to keep us more upbeat. I think the more appropriate questioning, now, though, is that if they release absolutely nothing to offset the bad vibes from leaked news thus far, does that mean they don't care...or does it mean they just don't pay attention much after all? Neither one impresses me when, again, I'm someone who sees professional entertainment companies do more concerning projects with far less (independent range) budgets to work with. Guess what that does, though? It kicks it right back into the debate of time/resource usage. Oops.

# 70 mestevo @ 03/21/13 11:14 AM
Quote:
A marketing department's job is to positively market their product. If some news about their product (no matter where it comes from) does become too big of a negative, they would be within the full liability of their job requirements to quell the news with something else/better/positive. Trust me on this. I see it happen every week. I've made such decisions a few times. In the film industry, it is sometimes as simple as release the "other" stills, maybe the newer teaser/trailer. Other times, it is more complicated in the case of "let's release news of a director's cut/alternate cut/extra footage version and then sell that." So, no, it's not beyond expectation that they can or would release information to keep us more upbeat. I think the more appropriate questioning, now, though, is that if they release absolutely nothing to offset the bad vibes from leaked news thus far, does that mean they don't care...or does it mean they just don't pay attention much after all? Neither one impresses me when, again, I'm someone who sees professional entertainment companies do more concerning projects with far less (independent range) budgets to work with. Guess what that does, though? It kicks it right back into the debate of time/resource usage. Oops.
Because in the grand scheme of things this is irrelevant and isn't that big of a deal. It's entirely possible that people have spent more time complaining about this in this thread than it will take to write the tweets, get them proofed and drop them into a tool to manage the feature - all by someone who's probably never committed a line of code in their life.

Offsetting this news would do little if anything to quell those who keep stoking this outrage, because they've been posting the same thing for years.

# 71 roadman @ 03/21/13 11:43 AM
Quote:
They will probably stick to their schedule of the last few years of making announcement from draft day forward.

# 72 roadman @ 03/21/13 11:45 AM
Quote:
I'm not flabbergasted by who broke the news, I'm amazed that EA put time into something like this while there are so many other significantly more important things needed in the game. I really don't care where the news comes from.
Understood, but this can't be the only announcement from franchise mode.

# 73 ubernoob @ 03/21/13 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteSteve
snip
Not worth correcting, also probably the wrong thing to say on this site.

# 74 N51_rob @ 03/21/13 10:52 PM
Alright so this thread has run it course. Closing this up. There will be more news that we can go back and forth on in a few weeks. So.....CLOSED.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.