Home
Tiger 14 News Post

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 is available now for Xbox 360 and PS3 users who are EA Sports Season Ticket subscribers.

Post your impressions here.

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 321 Skyboxer @ 04/16/13 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Go into clubs setting under your CAG and there are many settings you can choose for club loft.
Son of a ......THANKS A BUNCH!

# 322 Lieutenant Dan @ 04/17/13 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seymour Scagnetti
Go into clubs setting under your CAG and there are many settings you can choose for club loft.
So, there's no tuning, but there is a way to select different lofts?

That's good news, thanks Seymour. Had no idea!

At least I was half-right.

# 323 Lieutenant Dan @ 04/17/13 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
After you change it as pointed out in the post above, be careful the next time you go to play a round after doing a Legends of the Majors challenge or golf in an early era using your created player. It will change your woods, irons, and putter back to the default starters and your loft back to 11.5. I think they're fixing this in the patch.
This is worth quoting to make sure it's seen, for when you have that "WTF happened to my clubs???" moment prior to the patch. Thanks, ITT.

# 324 ImTellinTim @ 04/17/13 12:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
This is worth quoting to make sure it's seen, for when you have that "WTF happened to my clubs???" moment prior to the patch. Thanks, ITT.
Yeah, I missed it for one of my single-round tourney in our CC. I was thinking, "WTF is this? My drives are popping up and all over the place and I can't hit an approach to save my life". Then I noticed the loft and the appearance of my grips and shafts was off.

I don't know how you guys lived with 11.5 loft all this time. The wind just wreaks havoc on drives at that loft. Especially if your player has a high fade style like mine.

# 325 Lieutenant Dan @ 04/17/13 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImTellinTim
Yeah, I missed it for one of my single-round tourney in our CC. I was thinking, "WTF is this? My drives are popping up and all over the place and I can't hit an approach to save my life". Then I noticed the loft and the appearance of my grips and shafts was off.

I don't know how you guys lived with 11.5 loft all this time. The wind just wreaks havoc on drives at that loft. Especially if your player has a high fade style like mine.
What did you switch to?

And there are a few tees out there to get the distance you have to fly over a tree or two of a dogleg. That's been my concern with a lower loft, though I might definitely give it a go.

FIR's for me so far 65+%..think it might be 67%, which is pretty good. GIR's are around 42% though...that's where my issues lie.

# 326 N51_rob @ 04/17/13 02:26 PM
Finally won an event on the Web.com tour! Finished at -15 and 2nd place was -2. Forgot the course, but it was the event after the UK Invitational. Literally 0 wind all 3 rounds (I have it adjusted to that) pretty easy win, but after missing two cuts it felt good.

# 327 ImTellinTim @ 04/17/13 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieutenant Dan
What did you switch to?

And there are a few tees out there to get the distance you have to fly over a tree or two of a dogleg. That's been my concern with a lower loft, though I might definitely give it a go.

FIR's for me so far 65+%..think it might be 67%, which is pretty good. GIR's are around 42% though...that's where my issues lie.
I believe I have mine set at 9.5. As for the tree thing, I usually try to shape it around instead of go over trees. If I lose a bit of distance, I don't mind. In fact, I often don't even hit driver if it puts me into a situation of bringing the narrow part of the fairway or bunkers into play. I've been concentrating more on dialing in my approach shots than hitting the perfect drive. As long as it's in the fairway and I have an iron in, I'm alright.

# 328 maxpower98115 @ 04/18/13 01:12 PM
Hey guys I have a question that I hope is appropriate for this forum. I have not played a golf game seriously (minus golden tee) since like hot shots golf. Is it worth it for me to jump into TW 14 or will I get a good experience with TW 13?

I feel like online tourneys would be pretty cool, but I am soooo far behind the learning curve it might not be worth it to me. Maybe save some money and jump back in on the next version? I played the demo and like 14....

# 329 COMMISSIONERHBK9 @ 04/18/13 02:13 PM
WHATS THE CONSENSUS on what system the majority got it for ps3 or xbox?

# 330 cdawg44 @ 04/18/13 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxpower98115
Hey guys I have a question that I hope is appropriate for this forum. I have not played a golf game seriously (minus golden tee) since like hot shots golf. Is it worth it for me to jump into TW 14 or will I get a good experience with TW 13?

I feel like online tourneys would be pretty cool, but I am soooo far behind the learning curve it might not be worth it to me. Maybe save some money and jump back in on the next version? I played the demo and like 14....
I wouldn't go back to 13 after really enjoying 14. Gamestop has 14 for 50 bucks through next wednesday.

# 331 maxpower98115 @ 04/21/13 03:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg44
I wouldn't go back to 13 after really enjoying 14. Gamestop has 14 for 50 bucks through next wednesday.
Yeah, I traded in some games and picked it up for 6 bucks. Really liking it and easier to pick up than I thought.

# 332 mebby @ 04/23/13 01:06 AM
Easily the best TW game in the series. I'd ignored it until recently and then I saw it in Best Buy and got to play it. Then I came here to make sure I wasn't missing anything (because I thought it was awesome) and when I read all the good comments I picked it up.

For the first time in a loooooong time I feel like I'm actually playing gol with this game. It's not perfect but I love the direction they are heading and I'm having loads of fun with it!

# 333 ComfortablyLomb @ 04/24/13 10:40 AM
Now that I've got about 50 rounds in...

I've been hard on this series in the past (fairly so because the games have been awful at worst, and unpolished messes at best), but credit where credit is due: Tiger 14 is a superb golf game. I've been able to get it to play more sim-like than any Tiger game I can remember, and without the in-your-face annoyances of past versions. Really, I hope this year's game sells well because this is a rock-solid product. Giving the [expletive deleted] marketing [expletive deleted] people any leverage to affect next year's version would be a crime.

As an aside, I fired up a video of Tiger 12 and was immediately furious all over again about the whole caddy thing. What an awful, terrible, maddening gameplay feature. Whoever got that thing pulled from this year's game should be given a raise. Seriously.

# 334 DrPhibes @ 05/23/13 05:24 PM
I am interested in picking this up and have a question:

How long is career mode? I plan on playing this mode heavy and want to know the length. Any help would be appreciated!

# 335 DivotMaker @ 05/24/13 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhibes
I am interested in picking this up and have a question:

How long is career mode? I plan on playing this mode heavy and want to know the length. Any help would be appreciated!
Ten seasons....

# 336 queman11 @ 05/27/13 10:16 AM
Since they aren't going to be releasing 15, EA should create Merion, Bay Hill and other courses that had to be omitted and either patch them in for free, or charge very little for them. In my opinion, if it is an official PGA tour event, they should have the course in there for free, or if they don't patch it in later for FREE.

# 337 inkcil @ 05/27/13 04:47 PM
Historic edition on sale now (target, amazon) for $50 and I was wondering...

1.) Is presentation better in 13 or 14?
2.) Can you watch two CPU golfers go at it in 13 or 14?
3.) Is gameplay in 14 a small or large step over 13?

Thanks!

# 338 Flightwhite24 @ 05/27/13 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Historic edition on sale now (target, amazon) for $50 and I was wondering...

1.) Is presentation better in 13 or 14?
2.) Can you watch two CPU golfers go at it in 13 or 14?
3.) Is gameplay in 14 a small or large step over 13?

Thanks!
Answer to 1 & 3/Large. Best golf game ever made imo and its not even close. Replayability is off the charts

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

# 339 inkcil @ 05/28/13 01:08 AM
Pretty unhappy with the game freezing up on me several times in one day now...guess I'll hope that a patch fixes this? If the second one comes...

Also, anyone know the following:

1.) Can you watch a CPU vs. CPU match? I wanted to put Bobby Jones vs. Tiger Woods.
2.) How do you unlock the legends. I passed the Master test for the Bobby Jones Challenge but it did not unlock him (I played on Pro difficulty).

Thanks!

# 340 dcherry @ 05/29/13 12:28 PM
Do you have a Fios router?

If so, there is a fix for that on the EA Message Board if you do a search.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.