Home
Tiger 14 News Post

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 is available now for Xbox 360 and PS3 users who are EA Sports Season Ticket subscribers.

Post your impressions here.

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 341 inkcil @ 05/29/13 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcherry
Do you have a Fios router?

If so, there is a fix for that on the EA Message Board if you do a search.
Wow, so I have to buy a particular router for this game to work properly? Fascinating...

Also, thanks for answering my questions guys. I haven't picked up a TW title since 2004.

# 342 dcherry @ 05/30/13 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Wow, so I have to buy a particular router for this game to work properly? Fascinating...

Also, thanks for answering my questions guys. I haven't picked up a TW title since 2004.
No, not at all. You don't have to buy a particular router. People like me were having freezing issues with Fios routers. Had to change a setting on the router for it to work right.

# 343 LakeShow16 @ 06/02/13 12:38 AM
Fairly new to the TW games but was just wondering if it is possible to, say, play a full length quickplay tournament instead of just the final round? Every time I try to start the Farmers or any other event, it just sends me straight to the final round. Any way to play all 4 days besides career mode?

# 344 OnlookerDelay @ 06/02/13 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeShow16
Fairly new to the TW games but was just wondering if it is possible to, say, play a full length quickplay tournament instead of just the final round? Every time I try to start the Farmers or any other event, it just sends me straight to the final round. Any way to play all 4 days besides career mode?
Sorry, but it's final round only. I'm surprised they missed offering what you're asking for. It has been mentioned as a desire by a number of gamers for years now.

# 345 HechticSooner @ 06/08/13 11:18 AM
So what's been patched what hasn't been patched, was is the current state of the game? Also what's this about not making a TW next year?

# 346 speels @ 06/09/13 03:52 PM
I know it's been mentioned before in this thread, but the thing that really grinds my gears with this game is the career mode. As a matter of fact, all sports games career modes drive me nuts!!! Why, for the love of everything holy, do I have to start my career with an average drive length of 236 yards??? I hit the ball 250 by the time I was 14 and I was no where close to being on the web.com tour!! One day the developers of these career modes will realize that when players are starting out as 18 year old, they generally have the physical skills of the pros, what they don't have is mental skills. I know it's tough to make the mental skills the area to grow, but I am really tired of hitting the ball as far as a 12 year old.

Other than that, the best golf game I have ever played!!

# 347 N51_rob @ 06/12/13 12:19 PM
And I've reached that point in Tiger Woods where I'm pissed off at the game and EA. So I've been grinding on the web.com tour finally make it to the PGA Tour and of the first 4 events I can only play 1 because I don't have all the courses. My Fed Ex ranking has dropped from 54th (based on finishing 10th in the one event I could play) to 86th. Out of the top 50 needed for some events. So the only way I can "fully" enjoy the game is if I spend more money on courses? Game is a blast and I am having fun, but as a matter of principal I won't be paying for courses and after skipping the game for a couple of iterations I could once again see it happening. Why should I be "punished" for not being willing to spend more money?

Could you imagine not being able to play a regular season game of Madden unless you purchased all the stadiums? No, and while I understand the licensing needed for each course, why not for season mode allow me to play them gratis, but still have to purchase them to play in other game modes or online, for tournaments and things? I feel like I've wasted my time even making it to the PGA Tour now.

# 348 MillardMavs @ 06/12/13 02:57 PM
you can change the location of where the tournament is held at, if you really need to play every event.

# 349 N51_rob @ 06/12/13 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillardMavs
you can change the location of where the tournament is held at, if you really need to play every event.
Really? Wow, thanks. That makes me feel a bit better. I will have to look into that next time.

# 350 adice15 @ 06/12/13 04:17 PM
How do you get the chipping meter to show up? I've been right off the green plenty of times and not once has it shown for me.

# 351 globalbeats7 @ 06/19/13 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
And I've reached that point in Tiger Woods where I'm pissed off at the game and EA. So I've been grinding on the web.com tour finally make it to the PGA Tour and of the first 4 events I can only play 1 because I don't have all the courses. My Fed Ex ranking has dropped from 54th (based on finishing 10th in the one event I could play) to 86th. Out of the top 50 needed for some events. So the only way I can "fully" enjoy the game is if I spend more money on courses? Game is a blast and I am having fun, but as a matter of principal I won't be paying for courses and after skipping the game for a couple of iterations I could once again see it happening. Why should I be "punished" for not being willing to spend more money?

Could you imagine not being able to play a regular season game of Madden unless you purchased all the stadiums? No, and while I understand the licensing needed for each course, why not for season mode allow me to play them gratis, but still have to purchase them to play in other game modes or online, for tournaments and things? I feel like I've wasted my time even making it to the PGA Tour now.
the whole course debate will forever go on. but there are sim heads that do not care about real life courses. except for Augusta....every other course on a TW game should be made up. and im not talking about the current fantasy courses that are a sham. I am sure the majority of TW gamers dont know exactly what each course looks like in real life anyway. golf gamers do not dissect whether or not a certain hole on a course is wrong.. or if a green doesnt have the right undulation, a tree missing here or there, or the bunkers are incorrectly placed, etc.

EA can say its to provide gamers more options...but lets be real here. this is a corporation, its sole purpose is to make money. all of its moves are planned and coordinated, with one goal in mind.

# 352 DivotMaker @ 06/23/13 12:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalbeats7
the whole course debate will forever go on. but there are sim heads that do not care about real life courses. except for Augusta....every other course on a TW game should be made up. and im not talking about the current fantasy courses that are a sham. I am sure the majority of TW gamers dont know exactly what each course looks like in real life anyway. golf gamers do not dissect whether or not a certain hole on a course is wrong.. or if a green doesnt have the right undulation, a tree missing here or there, or the bunkers are incorrectly placed, etc.

EA can say its to provide gamers more options...but lets be real here. this is a corporation, its sole purpose is to make money. all of its moves are planned and coordinated, with one goal in mind.
Then go play HSG if you do not want to play a Golf game with the most PGA TOUR licensed courses of any Golf game ever made. I have never heard anyone with even a passing interest in Golf games make the comments you have made.....other than I DO agree with you on the hideous "fantasy/arcade" courses they have....

# 353 mebby @ 06/24/13 01:59 PM
I HATE the current fantasy courses. I refuse to play them. I wouldn't mind a well-designed (realistic) fantasy course like some of the awesome ones that were being generated for Links Golf but the current fantasy courses just aren't my cup of tea.

# 354 jonpt @ 06/25/13 04:19 PM
Got a question I couldn't find online elsewhere:

Got an injury to my left thumb that's going to take awhile to heal. Haven't played a golf game in awhile. Can the control scheme for hitting be done with the right thumbstick? Are there options to set it up to do this? Left thumb is so bad right now I can't even push the left stick up right now. Tough injury for a gamer like me to have but hoping I may have found something I can play..Thanks! This is for the xbox 360 or PS3 by the way.

# 355 N51_rob @ 06/25/13 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonpt
Got a question I couldn't find online elsewhere:

Got an injury to my left thumb that's going to take awhile to heal. Haven't played a golf game in awhile. Can the control scheme for hitting be done with the right thumbstick? Are there options to set it up to do this? Left thumb is so bad right now I can't even push the left stick up right now. Tough injury for a gamer like me to have but hoping I may have found something I can play..Thanks! This is for the xbox 360 or PS3 by the way.
In a word, Yes. I use the right thumbstick for my swing by default. You basically just swap, then so your strike control is done with the left stick. It can be found in the options screen. Hope your thumb gets to feeling better sooner than later.

# 356 davis420 @ 11/10/13 04:53 PM
I just bought the Masters Edition last night at Best Buy for $10.00. I did get it on the PS3 and I'm getting ready to create my golfer. Does anyone have any tips for playing TW '14?

# 357 kindella2 @ 12/05/13 04:09 PM
Just bought mine thanks to Cyber Week...$15. PS3, went Power, Draw, Right handed. Played 9 last night and i am HORRIBLE on the greens. Gotta work on approach and putting.

# 358 Turbojugend @ 12/22/13 11:09 AM
Booted up the game this morning (12/22) and was prompted for an update, could this be the patch we've been waiting for? I've played half an hour or so and haven't noticed any disappearing shafts, that's a good start.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.