Home
Tiger 14 News Post

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 is available now for Xbox 360 and PS3 users who are EA Sports Season Ticket subscribers.

Post your impressions here.

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 SinisterAlex @ 03/22/13 05:52 PM
Just started the game, I LOVE how they have much more licensed equipment this year. Bridgestone, Mizuno, Golf Pride, Winn, just to name a few. I can recreate my real life golf bag once I start unlocking everything.

Very different feel from the demo as well. Everything is much more smooth and improved. Played one quick hole on Augusta with my pro, game seems really good.

Can't wait to dive in later tonight!

# 22 ASB37 @ 03/22/13 06:02 PM
Looking to pick up this game, do most people recommend the historic masters edition over the regular? Does it have anything else other than Bobby Jones and 5 more courses? I know some sites list the green jacket ceremony as a feature for the historic edition does this mean that if I get the standard that ceremony is not included?

# 23 CallCenterZombie @ 03/22/13 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
Just started the game, I LOVE how they have much more licensed equipment this year. Bridgestone, Mizuno, Golf Pride, Winn, just to name a few. I can recreate my real life golf bag once I start unlocking everything.

Very different feel from the demo as well. Everything is much more smooth and improved. Played one quick hole on Augusta with my pro, game seems really good.

Can't wait to dive in later tonight!
Thanks, Sinister! Do they still have Ping equipment and apparel in the game? TIA

# 24 Skyboxer @ 03/22/13 06:21 PM
Getting ready to play now. Post impression shortly.

If anyone wants to play some later tonight I shoukd be available. Hopefully I can used to it by then. Going straight to sim.

# 25 Blublub @ 03/22/13 06:26 PM
For what seems like the tenth year in a row, I'm seriously underwhelmed. I don't see much of anything different from 13 in the gameplay department other than putting seems to be slightly improved. I spend 99 percent of my time in career mode so the other new modes are lost on me (although i will admit the ability to play against the legends sounds miles better than "Toddler Tiger" mode from last year). It was a chore enough to finish my first round when I was doing well (never missing a fairway on default Pro level with my new, unbuffed golfer in my first tournament and routinely driving 300 yards +). Granted, I haven't played the new "sim" setting which I'm sure will make it insanely frustrating for duffers like me.

What happened to the caddy feature from 13? It seems to be entirely gone now. I actually liked that a lot last year (particularly auto caddy for a casual player like myself - it saved loads of time and drudgery lining up markers). Still no ability to save replays. Still uses the last-generation face creator, so photos saved in titles like FIFA 13 aren't available.

It's pretty sad to me that this represents the evolution of golf games in all that time since Links on the Xbox...

# 26 SinisterAlex @ 03/22/13 07:20 PM
Noticed an annoying glitch with the grips. I have a golf pride multi compound grip on my putter..... lol

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

# 27 Skyboxer @ 03/22/13 07:30 PM
1st impressions.....I suck.
So far I like what I see but really depends in if I can get things under control.
But that's up me thing not a game thing

# 28 Pappy Knuckles @ 03/22/13 08:04 PM
Just played two rounds at Atlanta and shot +30, +18. Yikes! Cyber Pappy is looking like a real bum right now.

# 29 Skyboxer @ 03/22/13 08:19 PM
Well so far I've had 2 lockups. Last on in middle of amature event..back nine.
Taking a break.....

# 30 CallCenterZombie @ 03/22/13 08:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Just played two rounds at Atlanta and shot +30, +18. Yikes! Cyber Pappy is looking like a real bum right now.
LOL, wow. Probably where I'll be until getting the swing of things. No pun intended.

# 31 CallCenterZombie @ 03/22/13 09:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Well so far I've had 2 lockups. Last on in middle of amature event..back nine.
Taking a break.....
What system?

# 32 cdawg44 @ 03/22/13 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASB37
Looking to pick up this game, do most people recommend the historic masters edition over the regular? Does it have anything else other than Bobby Jones and 5 more courses? I know some sites list the green jacket ceremony as a feature for the historic edition does this mean that if I get the standard that ceremony is not included?
Masters edition is a great bang for the buck. 5 more courses, Augusta Practice Facility and the Masters Presentation all for just ten more dollars. Since EA has added that option 2 years ago, I haven't bought the regular edition. Plus the courses are on the disc and NOT DLC like most other games this gen.

# 33 nVschultz1325 @ 03/22/13 10:01 PM
Still wishing I could swing with the right stick

# 34 Skyboxer @ 03/22/13 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallCenterZombie
What system?

# 35 Skyboxer @ 03/22/13 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nVschultz1325
Still wishing I could swing with the right stick
Why can't you?

# 36 Flightwhite24 @ 03/22/13 10:21 PM
Are there not any announcers/commentators anymore??? I've played 5 rds and I haven't heard any announcers????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 37 ASB37 @ 03/22/13 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdawg44
Masters edition is a great bang for the buck. 5 more courses, Augusta Practice Facility and the Masters Presentation all for just ten more dollars. Since EA has added that option 2 years ago, I haven't bought the regular edition. Plus the courses are on the disc and NOT DLC like most other games this gen.
Hmmmm...I'm usually not one who would spend the extra $$$ just for the courses, but if I were to win the masters on the regular edition I wouldn't get the ceremony after correct?

That stupid presentation may be what puts it over the edge.

# 38 fishepa @ 03/22/13 10:42 PM
The broadcast presentation cameras are just not good. Especially the putting camera. Have no feel for how the putt is breaking after you hit it. Have to resort back to the follow camera unfortunately. Other than that I'm liking he game so far. Played one full round on Valhalla full sim and shot an 82. Chipping is hard and bunkers as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 39 ggunnerr @ 03/22/13 11:00 PM
For my money this is now a no buy. Presentation "upgrade" is nothing great, graphics look the same, and camera angles are bad. Change in lighting is cool just not enough here for me to buy more of the same. Probably going to buy Tomb Raider or Gears tom. now that i'm not getting Tiger 14.

# 40 cdawg44 @ 03/22/13 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASB37
Hmmmm...I'm usually not one who would spend the extra $$$ just for the courses, but if I were to win the masters on the regular edition I wouldn't get the ceremony after correct?

That stupid presentation may be what puts it over the edge.
Yea, the Green Jacket ceremony is only in the Masters edition.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.