Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Another MLB 13 The Show title update has arrived this morning, bringing it up to version 1.18. It weighs in at 167 MB, see below for all the details.
  • In offline and online games, there was an occasional hitch/millisecond delay just as the pitcher would release the pitch.
    - The title was writing data to the HDD at this point, causing the brief, but noticeable hiccup in the gameplay. When the title writes to the HDD has been adjusted, and this hitch/delay will no longer occur.

• Franchise Fantasy Draft blank screen in Standard Def only. This was reported with a 100% frequency. In a Franchise mode, when performing a Fantasy Draft, the first round worked correctly. Every round after the first round would have a blank list of available players and drafted players. User could scroll through the empty list and choose players, but the player names were invisible. This was standard definition only. This has been fixed.

• In online games, there was a very rare crash when putting a Pinch Hitter into the game. This was reported with a frequency of approximately 2% - 10%. Multiple pinch hit substitutions in the same inning could eventually result in a crash. This was fixed.

• In a Franchise game, while playing with the Houston Astros, an On Screen Display showing division team comparisons would show the Houston Astros in their old National League division. This has been fixed.

• Challenge of the Week - In game real time leaderboard would disappear/reappear frequently. This was reported with a 100% frequency. In game leaderboard on the right side of the screen would flicker in and out on almost every pitch. This has been fixed.

• Online Game Rooms - Within a game room, we changed the terminology within Challenge Options pop-up. We removed the text "(Tracked)" as well as the text "(Unranked, Untracked)" from the top two challenge options within a game room. This was not a bug, but it caused some confusion with consumers. Safe text change that has been addressed.

• Online - Timing batting was available for users in an online game. This was reported with a frequency of 100%. This setting was never intended for online gameplay and has been removed.

• Within an online game created through a Game Room, users did not have the ability to Concede or Friendly quit through the Quit option. This was reported with a frequency of 100%. Concede/Friendly quit has been added to the Quit game menu.

• Offline gameplay - Following a Fast Forward in any gameplay mode, the Pitcher would throw a fastball down the middle with about 90% frequency. This has been fixed.

• Use Custom rosters in Leagues. Create some custom (created players) players and upload them to the rosters and form a league that way. Once the league is formed, make sure every teams roster can be generated. Specifically, any team that has a created player on that roster. Key step to this is when uploading a Roster, user must choose LOAD ROSTER FROM HD or LOAD ROSTER FROM VAULT

• Create a league (Load weekly roster during creation process) and have any user control the Minnesota Twins - After activating the league, go to Manage Roster (for the Twins) and generate lineups and rosters. At this point (In PROD), user would receive an error message and the lineups would never be generated. Error Message: (Sorry, we could not generate a valid roster/lineup/rotation with the given players) Key step to this is when uploading a Roster, user must choose LOAD WEEKLY ROSTER.

• Four significant Art changes:
    1. Addition of new 2013 Post Season logos. These can be viewed throughout the front end, and in game easily in PostSeason mode. Logos can appear in the frontend bracket screens, load screen bracket screens, on the field logos, and during on screen display pop-ups.
    2. Batting Practice hats for the Cleveland Indians. Removed an outdated logo batting hat.
    3. San Francisco AT&T stadium - There was a Minnesota Twins logo in the dirt of the pitching mound.
    4. Toronto Stadium - There was a large section of seating that appeared grey instead of blue (behind 1st or 3rd base). This was reported with a frequency of 100%. The art files have been changed to reflect the proper seat colors.

• Online user vs user games - Concede/Friendly Quit option has been added to the quit menu in games formed and played through Game Rooms

• Fixed an occasional hang that occured when loading a save file that was autosaved after purchasing budget in the Manage Contracts screen.

• Player Progression issue in Franchise fixed. This would cause older players in season/franchise modes to regress at a faster pace than intended.

• Fixed an issue with the one and two handed follow through setting in Edit Player. Two handed follow through was not carrying over into game.

• Manager mode - All batters due up were being displayed as "L" for left handed batter. This has been fixed in HD displays.

• Manager mode - Pitcher would never pitchout until it was requested by the manager. Pitcher will now occasionaly pitch out when the time is appropriate, when user selects Play Ball.

• Fixed an issue where 2013 Hall of Fame players were not showing up.

• Post game celebartion following a win. SF Giants were walking to/from the wrong dugout. This has been fixed.

• Fixed a minor bug that affected Starting Pitcher energy in League games.

• End of inning music was missing in offline Fast Play games. This has been fixed.

• Fixed an issue where setting scouting to auto wouldn't stick.

• Online, fixed an issue where your online game settings wouldn't match you properly with your opponent.

• Fixed an issue that caused the Mercy rule to appear incorrectly at the end of certian online games.
Server Fixes
  • Twitter feeds fix
    - Twitter feeds should now show up with today's Tweets # New telemetry TSD file

• Updated player skill ranks
    - Using Play Now Rated games, users were staying at the Rookie level and not graduated to Veteran, All-Star, Hof, Legend. They should now move up and down based on Rating.

• Game reset fix for playoff games
    - Playoff games were unable to be reset. Now they can.

• Fixed league injury healing
    - When a player got injured if you set him to Inactive, "games returned" would never reduce. If you left him on the Active roster, it would count down. So doing it right punished users with a bug.

• DD: Arena card colors adjusted to match new number ranges
    - A+ cards should now be platinum, platinum cards should always be A+. Using the Recylcer should provide a platinum card.

• DD: Quality generation moved to after the aptitude is picked
    - Same test as above.

• DD: APT cards cannot be sold for wrong prices anymore
    - To repro, you can create a buy order for a high Aptitude DD card. You yourself (or another user) could put up a sell order with a lower Aptitude DD card and qualify for that Buy Order.

• DD: arena game summaries matched to histories by game_id
Thank you again, to our loyal community members, who have sent us feedback. The information we receive is instrumental for us in our effort to improve MLB 13, and build a better MLB 14.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Heroesandvillains @ 03/26/13 11:58 AM
Will the sim-rebalancing take effect in my current, non-patched Franchise? Or will I need to start things over?

# 142 jmik58 @ 03/26/13 11:59 AM
Is it possible that the reason for the drastic drop in regression for players over 36 is because they're currently rated too high in the game since they came that way with the stock rosters?

Under this system, rarely (if ever?) will a player be in the 90's like Ichiro or A-Rod, etc. at their current age. It seems to me that as you get farther into a franchise that the regression won't seem like such a jolt.

# 143 mcmax3000 @ 03/26/13 11:59 AM
Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that the one big issue I keep running into was fixed, at least according to the list (haven't had a chance to play yet myself)...

When using the analog pitching, and broadcast camera (possibly others, but that's what I play with), the stat overlays that pop out from the side of the score box in the top left keep covering up the top of the analog pitching meter, so you either have to pitch blindly, or stand on the mound waiting for them to disappear.

# 144 mvb34 @ 03/26/13 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwiggy33
And now people can stop with the "Is it worth it" threads. No other games produce patches this quickly with that much stuff fixed in them. Of course they get the patch out a week before opening day to. Thank you SCEA!
I'm willing to bet they knew of these issue prior to release of game..

# 145 LastActionHero @ 03/26/13 12:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmax3000
Unfortunately, it doesn't appear that the one big issue I keep running into was fixed, at least according to the list (haven't had a chance to play yet myself)...

When using the analog pitching, and broadcast camera (possibly others, but that's what I play with), the stat overlays that pop out from the side of the score box in the top left keep covering up the top of the analog pitching meter, so you either have to pitch blindly, or stand on the mound waiting for them to disappear.
Posted this a few days ago as well but doesn't really fit in the "big" issue department in my opinion. Only happens a few times a game and most of the times i can pitch through it.

Nonetheless this could have been easily fixed but probably not on their priority list.

# 146 tgreer @ 03/26/13 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Unfortunately...no...the CPU is still not adjusting it's defense.
This one REALLY hurts as Manage only Mode is all about tactics and not having this work removes a great percentage of the strategy.

M.K.
Knight165
Ouch, yep just played a quick MoM game and AI had two sure fire DPs vs me that just turned into a FC since 2B was out of position and the SS had to wait on him to reach the bag. This could be a problem...Fired up exhibition CPU vs CPU and the Defenses were aligning properly...Maybe a quick fix? Lets hope

# 147 UMhester04 @ 03/26/13 12:08 PM
Only two other things I can think of is:

-Manage Mode double play issue
-Player walk up music being too low

# 148 merchant1874 @ 03/26/13 12:10 PM
It's not real life.

Most of these 'case study's are elite names in real life but people forget that these players are just numbers within in the game. Maybe it's a bit of an extreme drop off and possibly should be random but I can absolutely live with it.

The game needs to have guys 35+ drop off in order to keep replenishing rookies etc.

Remember there isn't code written 'Derek jeter short stop, Yankee legend 38 years old. Don't regress as much as some 38 year old scrub Astro"

Will be more like ( player 0003304, 38 years old, regress randomly between 10-15 points)

I absolutely understand why they have done it his way and have no problem with it.

# 149 PrettyT11 @ 03/26/13 12:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs
I had a feeling this title update would drop sooner rather than later based on the amount of "bugs" found in the game. I did notice, but didn't really take the time to look for answers on it, that rookies with rookie eligibility service time were no being considered rookies. I was looking at a guy like Adam Eaton winning the N.L. Rookie of the Year award, especially with his listed 0 days of service time. Very weird no one filed this as a bug.
Yeah man it is very disappointing. I made one and I guess it lost in shuffle of some of the others. I also made a thread on it and expected the issue to get some type of attention but there was none. It really hurts the first season of franchise when a major award in the game with some real talent to win it on the default roster is rendered useless. I don't think I can start a RTTS or franchise with this issue cause it destoys the rookie comps that are there. Hopefully we can get some kind of fix soon.

# 150 Woodweaver @ 03/26/13 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
I'm willing to bet they knew of these issue prior to release of game..
I'll take that bet.

# 151 Woodweaver @ 03/26/13 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgreer
Ouch, yep just played a quick MoM game and AI had two sure fire DPs vs me that just turned into a FC since 2B was out of position and the SS had to wait on him to reach the bag. This could be a problem...Fired up exhibition CPU vs CPU and the Defenses were aligning properly...Maybe a quick fix? Lets hope

Arrgh! The fix didn't make the patch?!?!

# 152 jseward92 @ 03/26/13 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dienissteeinda
Fix the issue where I can no longer set ticket and concession prices!!!!! They made playing the Franchise mode pointless to me now!!
That wouldn't be an issue. They took it out...on purpose. So your out of luck

# 153 DJ @ 03/26/13 12:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmax3000

You can edit the size and location of the Analog pitch meter. I do that ... yes it is a very minor annoyance to have to re-adjust for each specific park's Broadcast camera, but I still do it. I usually shrink the meter in half and then place it somewhere in the infield grass between the pitcher and home plate.

# 154 Knight165 @ 03/26/13 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodweaver
Arrgh! The fix didn't make the patch?!?!

No...

Is there any hope?!

M.K.
Knight165

# 155 bautistabomb @ 03/26/13 12:22 PM
Posted earlier about having to restart franchises as K totals were way too high. I figured out why. DUH! I was using an old save file from VCU9 where he had editied all the rosters to fix the K totals. You should be fine continuing an esixting franchise and getting correct sim stats, just make sure you no longer use any roster edited one's like VCU's as the K totals will now be super inflated.

# 156 ScouserHUN @ 03/26/13 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct
Could you sim the next year and post his stats?

I.e. avg. Hr. Rbi.
I've done a new sim, and this time Ortiz only regressed like this:

1st season:
Overall: 92 -> 75
Stats: 511 AB, 154 Hit, 29 HR, 92 RBI, .301 avg

2nd season:
Overall: 75 -> 63
Stats: 481 AB, 132 Hit, 20 HR, 62 RBI, .274 avg

Edit: a few more intesting things:
In the second season Dempster is 36 years old, and is still 78 overall. He does not seem to regress that fast.

# 157 El_MaYiMbE @ 03/26/13 12:25 PM
Russ can you confirm first pitch meatball was fixed even when you dont fast fwd? Or can anyone who has patch confirm issue resolved?

# 158 ScouserHUN @ 03/26/13 12:25 PM
Another interesting thing:

The second season started on 7th of april 2014 and the all star game was in late july. The end lf regular season was 7th of october

# 159 Farmer joe @ 03/26/13 12:26 PM
Looks like I'll have to restart my white sox franchise
I'm in the first season, first week of August, but the stats are really horrible up to this point. It sucks because it's the first time in forever that I've actually been into my franchise lol. Maybe I'll pick another team. Its very good to see that the season stats were fixed, or at least more balanced now! Very excited.

# 160 merchant1874 @ 03/26/13 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScouserHUN
I've done a new sim, and this time Ortiz only regressed like this:

1st season:
Overall: 92 -> 75
Stats: 511 AB, 154 Hit, 29 HR, 92 RBI, .301 avg

2nd season:
Overall: 75 -> 63
Stats: 481 AB, 132 Hit, 20 HR, 62 RBI, .274 avg

Edit: a few more intesting things:
In the second season Dempster is 36 years old, and is still 78 overall. He does not seem to regress that fast.
This looks fine to me.

The key is their numbers and Ortiz's look pretty realistic year 2. People need to get past the overalls and look at the stats

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.