Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

As we wait for the official OSFM rosters, SCEA has posted their Opening Day MLB 13 The Show rosters. It includes Justin Hampton (FA) and Rafael Perez (Twins), 250 player movements and some player mug updates.

Fire up the game and download them from there or you can download them here, thanks to HustlinOwl.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 21 BoNity @ 04/01/13 01:51 PM
yeah some pics were updated, still have some guys id like to see have pics like stephen pryor and carter capps, but cool that they changed some portaits

# 22 Yankees2009Champs @ 04/01/13 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
You have to go and " save live roster" to get the correct portraits. When u boot up the game and download the rosters when prompted the portraits didn't work properly, but as soon as I "manually" chose to grab the live roster they worked. All new Yankee additions have portraits. Very cool
Thanks for replying

# 23 Ed21 @ 04/01/13 02:07 PM
The portraits don't carry over in game though... The players who had cyber faces before still have them on the scoreboard, on the batters due up screen and on the pause menu.

Not sure if it's a bug or not?

# 24 D0GGERT D0G @ 04/01/13 02:31 PM
Giants are all messed up, Scutaro is still #10, and Conor Gillaspie was traded months ago to the White Sox, was added to the bench

# 25 JoeMimic @ 04/01/13 02:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankees2009Champs
Thanks for replying
Weird you have to do it like that but he's right.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

# 26 glenzariczny @ 04/01/13 03:04 PM
Now that these are out I wonder if knight is going to use them for the release or not. It'd be nice since it'll probably have the updated contracts for Verlander, and Posey.

# 27 Yankees2009Champs @ 04/01/13 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenzariczny
Now that these are out I wonder if knight is going to use them for the release or not. It'd be nice since it'll probably have the updated contracts for Verlander, and Posey.
I believe he has said he went based off the release date update roster from 3/8. I'm sure someone could be willing to make adjustments

# 28 ViperVenom2k9 @ 04/01/13 03:53 PM
I noticed Mark Reynolds still has the cyber face. Will he be getting an updated photo? Kyle Lohse still had the cyber face as well and Miguel Olivo had the reds jersey.

# 29 D0GGERT D0G @ 04/01/13 04:04 PM
I was playing "The Show Live" and the Dodgers have Brian Wilson? Huh?

# 30 glenzariczny @ 04/01/13 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0GGERT D0G
Yeah that is a aspect of this years game that still needs tweaking. It has Erasmo Ramirez as the Mariners starter today, and he didn't even make the 25-man

# 31 seanjeezy @ 04/01/13 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0GGERT D0G
I was playing yesterday's game and he was on the Astros, so my guess is that random free agents are picked to temporarily fill the roster...

# 32 D0GGERT D0G @ 04/01/13 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
I was playing yesterday's game and he was on the Astros, so my guess is that random free agents are picked to temporarily fill the roster...
Ok, I was just extremely confused haha.

# 33 JoeMimic @ 04/01/13 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenzariczny
Well I loaded up a custom roster after getting the portraits updated and they still stuck so in the osfm they should be updated as well.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

# 34 tabarnes19_SDS @ 04/01/13 06:26 PM
I like these rosters for franchise. They took out the option years for a lot of the players with more than 5 mlb years so the Cpu has to put them through waivers to send them down. Really nice plus most of the extensions.

# 35 ptbnl @ 04/01/13 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARoid1313
You have to go and " save live roster" to get the correct portraits. When u boot up the game and download the rosters when prompted the portraits didn't work properly, but as soon as I "manually" chose to grab the live roster they worked. All new Yankee additions have portraits. Very cool
So... is it possible to get these portraits with OSFM? Or are they separate and now impossible to combine?

# 36 JoeMimic @ 04/01/13 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptbnl
So... is it possible to get these portraits with OSFM? Or are they separate and now impossible to combine?
Well what I did was I did the save live roster method that was suggested earlier to get the portraits. Then I loaded up a custom roster I downloaded from the vault and guys like Hafner and Ben Francisco had their new portraits SCEA gave them. So it sounds like as long as they aren't recreations they should work just fine with OSFM.

# 37 chakfu @ 04/01/13 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMimic
Well what I did was I did the save live roster method that was suggested earlier to get the portraits. Then I loaded up a custom roster I downloaded from the vault and guys like Hafner and Ben Francisco had their new portraits SCEA gave them. So it sounds like as long as they aren't recreations they should work just fine with OSFM.
That's great if that's true; it means the game looks for the appropriate team-specific portrait on the HD rather than relying on a flag in the roster file itself...

# 38 azemika15 @ 04/01/13 08:59 PM
is scottyboy2003's new rosters the real deal?

# 39 blueduke @ 04/01/13 09:15 PM
No. Using OSFM name to promote his own roster

# 40 JaFFiTh @ 04/01/13 10:43 PM
Good news.. maybe 90% of the players that changed teams has their new portraits (Mark Reynolds is one I can remember that's still got generated face). Another good news... they are in the database as I tried the default roster, moving the players to where they are supposed to be and their current/new team portraits shows up. So those who only wants portraits will be happy. It's a cool thing SCEA are doing, but at the same time I have no problem with generated photos. All is good!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.