Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

As we wait for the official OSFM rosters, SCEA has posted their Opening Day MLB 13 The Show rosters. It includes Justin Hampton (FA) and Rafael Perez (Twins), 250 player movements and some player mug updates.

Fire up the game and download them from there or you can download them here, thanks to HustlinOwl.

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Jack Wade @ 04/03/13 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Houston
Jack Here:

Houston, did they actually make all those changes you've posted? Or is that just a running list you have going of things needed to be changed?

Seems like a lot is from 2012 too...

# 62 Houston @ 04/03/13 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Wade
Jack Here:

Houston, did they actually make all those changes you've posted? Or is that just a running list you have going of things needed to be changed?

Seems like a lot is from 2012 too...

I havent went over the list and the 4-1 update completely yet but the roster guy did it for me last year with the list i provided so i dont see this year being any different. I talked to the SCEA roster guy about 2 weeks ago I already knew that my changes would make it in the opening day set. I will go over it tonight and let you guys know what wasnt changed and I will see if i can get him to do those in the next update.

# 63 Jack Wade @ 04/03/13 01:48 AM
Quote:
I havent went over the list and the 4-1 update completely yet but the roster guy did it for me last year with the list i provided so i dont see this year being any different. I talked to the SCEA roster guy about 2 weeks ago I already knew that my changes would make it in the opening day set. I will go over it tonight and let you guys know what wasnt changed and I will see if i can get him to do those in the next update.
Cool, thanks Houston.

Personally, I prefer accuracy for current players as opposed to prospects in the minors and such. Besides, you can always import them from the Vault if need-be.

There seemed to be a ton of stuff that wasn't right (height/weight - body types) that needed to be (or was?) changed from the initial release roster that Knight used. Maybe someone can convince everyone to wait a bit next year as it seems only SCEA can fix certain things.

Speaking of which - one last quick question; does SCEA fix body types and faces mid-season? Like, Andrelton Simmons for example seems really off to me.

# 64 Houston @ 04/03/13 05:54 AM
I updated the list and im pretty proud of all that got fixed. If anyone is interested in helping me go thru the 4/1 update just players on the 40 man rosters who might need there body type fixed please PM me.

# 65 ptbnl @ 04/03/13 03:39 PM
Quick question: I'm looking at the Yankees roster post-roster update and Vernon Wells' and Brennan Boesch's NYY portraits aren't loading properly.

Like, only part of it is showing. Hafner's worked, but some players are only coming through partially or not at all (as in, a blank -- not a generated face or portrait).

Anyone with any ideas on what's going on or how to fix it? Thanks.

EDIT: Also, at least for my game, the generic faces change is no longer working. When a player changes teams, he retains his portrait and does not change to a generated face.

# 66 jrode @ 04/04/13 04:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptbnl
Quick question: I'm looking at the Yankees roster post-roster update and Vernon Wells' and Brennan Boesch's NYY portraits aren't loading properly.

Like, only part of it is showing. Hafner's worked, but some players are only coming through partially or not at all (as in, a blank -- not a generated face or portrait).

Anyone with any ideas on what's going on or how to fix it? Thanks.

EDIT: Also, at least for my game, the generic faces change is no longer working. When a player changes teams, he retains his portrait and does not change to a generated face.
I have missing portrait issue with some players, most notably on the Mets (Lyon, Hawkins, Atchison). None of them have portraits or generated faces.

# 67 Houston @ 04/04/13 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrode
I have missing portrait issue with some players, most notably on the Mets (Lyon, Hawkins, Atchison). None of them have portraits or generated faces.

Make sure they are on your MLB 25 man rosters. Anyone that's in the minors will have a generic photo until you move them to MLB rosters.

# 68 jrode @ 04/04/13 05:25 PM
Quote:
Make sure they are on your MLB 25 man rosters. Anyone that's in the minors will have a generic photo until you move them to MLB rosters.
Yeah, I gave that a try.

I moved those guys to the minors and then promoted them back up and still got nothing.

# 69 The Kid 24 @ 04/04/13 09:54 PM
Am I doing something wrong?

I did the "Save Live Roster" thing to get the portraits to work, I saved those rosters then I loaded the OSFM rosters and those portraits still showed up and I saved the OSFM rosters again... But today when I loaded up the OSFM rosters those portraits didn't show up...

Am I really going to have to do the "Live Roster" workaround everytime?

# 70 jrode @ 04/04/13 11:05 PM
Somehow the aforementioned Mets guys showed up for me now.

Guys like Lohse, and Mark Reynolds still don't though.

# 71 papasmurf @ 04/04/13 11:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundation1998
can someone please help me... how on earth do i use the updated rosters in a new season or franchise? once spring training ends the game automatically sets the rosters back to the original default game version. please, please can someone help me. this has been an issue for me for the last 2-3 game iterations of mlb the show. i like to use the same rosters that are out there for MLB and play a season that way. i don't want to go to each team and reset their rosters once spring training is complete. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

im having the exact same problem using the royals once i advance to season the computer wants to send bruce chen and luis mendoza to waivers. i use the cardinals too and once you advance to season freese carpenter and furcal are in the lineup. whats the point of a roster update if i cant play a franchise or a season?
i havent been able to start a season and at this point it looks unlikely i ever will. someone said i might have lineups and rotation set to auto. i cant even find the option to change that anywhere.

# 72 papasmurf @ 04/04/13 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmg8292
It is probably because you have lineups and rotations set to auto. If you have that set to auto then the computer will set the lineup to what they think is best.
i have everything set to manual and it doesnt seem to matter . i even tried controlling every team as soon as i advance to regular season it wants to send players to waivers i put in lineup to replace players injured or on disabled list in real life. i didnt have this problem last year.

# 73 papasmurf @ 04/05/13 12:06 AM
do i have to play the spring training games? i will if i have to of course that would be worse if i did all that and it still does what its doing now when i advance to regular season , which i suspect is the case. if all my modes are on manual how can the computer still set the rotation when i advance to regular season? it doesnt make any sense to me andf i cannot for the life of me figuring on what im doing wrong. oh well im going to bed im sure there are a few intelligent posters that will have the answer and its probably fairly obvious whatever it is.

# 74 ShowTyme15 @ 04/05/13 12:43 AM
It takes a few days for the players photos to actually show up. For example for the first few days Elliot Johnson had a blank space for his photo. I fired the game up today and his photo showed up with the KC hat. Same goes for a few Astros players as well. Had the same thing happen with Ronny Cedeno and Chris Carter. Vernon Wells' photo also showed up today as well.

# 75 papasmurf @ 04/05/13 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by foundation1998
can someone please help me... how on earth do i use the updated rosters in a new season or franchise? once spring training ends the game automatically sets the rosters back to the original default game version. please, please can someone help me. this has been an issue for me for the last 2-3 game iterations of mlb the show. i like to use the same rosters that are out there for MLB and play a season that way. i don't want to go to each team and reset their rosters once spring training is complete. any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
heres a thought its fairly obvious to me now. use the default rosters advance to regular season then do the roster update. im not sure that will work but its worth trying. im going to try it this afternoon when i get home.

# 76 Muhnamana @ 04/06/13 10:23 AM
So I decided not to download the updated roster as first, but now I wish to download them.

Question is, where do I find the updated rosters to download?

I've poked around the menus but can't seem to find them.

Suggestions?

# 77 MikeC316 @ 04/06/13 02:46 PM
This is my 1st post on here and I signed up just to hopefully find an answer to my question so any help will be greatly appreciated, is it possible to get a roster update living in ireland, i've been playing mlb the show since 09 and have always been able to get roster updates until towards the end of last season, the code for online features doesn't work either

# 78 Totte @ 04/07/13 02:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC316
the code for online features doesn't work either
Did you order the game from the US/CAN or buy it online through the PSN store for download?

# 79 MikeC316 @ 04/13/13 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totte
Did you order the game from the US/CAN or buy it online through the PSN store for download?
I ordered it from a canadian site,i've done that the last few years and been able to get updates,when i connected online this time i even got a 167 mb update

# 80 Totte @ 04/14/13 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC316
I ordered it from a canadian site,i've done that the last few years and been able to get updates,when i connected online this time i even got a 167 mb update
So you were able to get a game update but nothing else from the vault (rosters, sliders etc)?

You able to download the SCEA roster releases every Monday?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.