Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

One of the most anticipated features in MLB 13: The Show this season is The Show Live feature, which allows you to play any game of the MLB 2013 season with the correct rosters, pitching matchups, and conditions. Promised was situational accurate commentary, and other presentational touches to give you the feel that you are playing the exact game that is played in real life.

The initial returns of The Show Live's first full day on the job seems to be somewhat positive. However, there are several roster gaffes being reported, as well as other odds and ends including live scores not updating fast within the mode.

There are surely bugs that will continue to be worked out -- we will have our full review of this mode coming up later this week after we get some more time with it.

How is your first day with The Show Live going?

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 61 stoncold32 @ 04/03/13 01:23 AM
Anyone know if this will shake itself correct in a week or two?

I dont play RTS, very litle if any Franchise, Season, etc....this mode will basically determine whether I buy this game or not.

# 62 K_GUN @ 04/03/13 07:24 AM
Eh....great idea but so far, poor execution...played Sox/Yanks opening day..

weather was way off

rosters were awful.....I realize that Jackie Bradley Jr has to play in a real MLB game before he can added to the show roster --so if he appears in game 2/3 i will be satisfied but..

Ryan Kalish is on the roster and he wont play 1 game this year...he was added to 60 day DL weeks ago...cant figure why he's on the opening day roster

# 63 EnigmaNemesis @ 04/03/13 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
Eh....great idea but so far, poor execution...played Sox/Yanks opening day..

weather was way off

rosters were awful.....I realize that Jackie Bradley Jr has to play in a real MLB game before he can added to the show roster --so if he appears in game 2/3 i will be satisfied but..

Ryan Kalish is on the roster and he wont play 1 game this year...he was added to 60 day DL weeks ago...cant figure why he's on the opening day roster
I think the Live games were up before the opening day roster from SCEA that had the correction. Also they can not "DL" a player on a roster for Live, do if he was in the minors as a roster adjustment, the game may have filled the slot with him for the player not in the game yet.

# 64 Baseballking888 @ 04/03/13 09:54 AM
Anyone else having an issue where they can't access the mode? Whenever I try to access it, a message pops up on the screen telling me "An error has occurred on the server".

# 65 DJ @ 04/03/13 10:56 AM
Why are there no in-game saves?

# 66 nemesis04 @ 04/03/13 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
Why are there no in-game saves?
There are no in game saves for exhibition.

# 67 Travisssx17 @ 04/03/13 01:26 PM
Really like the mode! Plan on playing all 2430 games without skipping any cutscenes. Already finished opening night.

# 68 DJ @ 04/03/13 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
There are no in game saves for exhibition.
I know. I'm curious why that option was removed. It was in the PSP versions and games like 2K (MLB and NBA) that have in-game saves allow you to save Exhibition games.

# 69 JT30 @ 04/03/13 03:11 PM
If they are going to put free agents (who really arent free agents in real life) on teams who need a TBD spot to be filled, then why was this feature advertised with:

"The Show Live allows you to play any games from the 2013 MLB schedule with the most up-to-date rosters, lineups, and statistics, fed directly from MLB.com. "

Its obvious the rosters and lineups are not fed directly from MLB.com or else guys like Dice-K and Lohse wouldn't be free agents

# 70 nemesis04 @ 04/03/13 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
I know. I'm curious why that option was removed. It was in the PSP versions and games like 2K (MLB and NBA) that have in-game saves allow you to save Exhibition games.
There never were in game saves with the PS3 Show version for exhibition unless you are talking about the vita version. You can only do it for season and franchise. Also, the Show live is an online type function so I am sure that has something to do with it.

# 71 ghm125 @ 04/03/13 04:48 PM
second try reds v angels....

# 72 Major Simpson @ 04/03/13 09:24 PM
I like the mode a lot but what keeps it from being great is that they are consistently getting the starting pitchers wrong. For an example, they had Shelby miller started the cardinals opener, not their ace, wainwright. That really sucks. It's kind of broke for me since I can't change the pitcher prior to the game launching.

# 73 davis420 @ 04/03/13 09:40 PM
I just played the Yankees and Red Sox game from tonight. A 2-0 victory for the Yanks! To bad this is a video game and not real life.

# 74 bluealtoid @ 04/03/13 10:32 PM
Every game is still opening day.

# 75 Knight165 @ 04/03/13 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluealtoid
The lineups?

M.K.
Knight165

# 76 thaSLAB @ 04/03/13 10:45 PM
Just played an epic 19-inning marathon, DET @ MIN, on the Vita nonetheless. I ended up winning 5-4. The FA filler actually came into play because there were so many pitchers used, so I ended up facing Brian Wilson in the 18th. I thought Coke was going to blow it like in real life, after he gave up a lead-off double in the bottom of the 19th...

Spoiler

OK. I'm sleepy now...lol.

-- Sent from the Future...

# 77 thaSLAB @ 04/03/13 10:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Major Simpson
I like the mode a lot but what keeps it from being great is that they are consistently getting the starting pitchers wrong. For an example, they had Shelby miller started the cardinals opener, not their ace, wainwright. That really sucks. It's kind of broke for me since I can't change the pitcher prior to the game launching.
They updated them about an hour before game time. When did you look at the pitching matchup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluealtoid
Yeah, that needs to be ironed out. The records are not updating therefore the opening day presentation kicks in. The lineups and cumulative stats are right for the most part, except where you have rookies playing.

In the game I just played against the Twins had Mastrionni in CF, since the rookie was actually starting today. Other than that the STARTING lineups were spot on.

Edit: the opening day thing is fixed now. Records are running a game behind still, but you will no longer get the opening day presentation.

# 78 DJ @ 04/03/13 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Just played an epic 19-inning marathon, DET @ MIN, on the Vita nonetheless. I ended up winning 5-4. The FA filler actually came into play because there were so many pitchers used, so I ended up facing Brian Wilson in the 18th. I thought Coke was going to blow it like in real life, after he gave up a lead-off double in the bottom of the 19th...

Spoiler

OK. I'm sleepy now...lol.

18 innings and zero walks? Where's the plate discipline, Slab?

Crazy game ... glad you were able to win.

# 79 thaSLAB @ 04/04/13 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
18 innings and zero walks? Where's the plate discipline, Slab?

Crazy game ... glad you were able to win.
Yeah, discipline was out the window. I was trying to end it with big swings... and all I got was a lot of K's.

I swear, I have discipline somewhere deep down inside lol.

# 80 Knight165 @ 04/04/13 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
Yeah, discipline was out the window. I was trying to end it with big swings... and all I got was a lot of K's.

I swear, I have discipline somewhere deep down inside lol.

That avatar still kills me.

theSlab...Can we Trust him?

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.