Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

One of the most anticipated features in MLB 13: The Show this season is The Show Live feature, which allows you to play any game of the MLB 2013 season with the correct rosters, pitching matchups, and conditions. Promised was situational accurate commentary, and other presentational touches to give you the feel that you are playing the exact game that is played in real life.

The initial returns of The Show Live's first full day on the job seems to be somewhat positive. However, there are several roster gaffes being reported, as well as other odds and ends including live scores not updating fast within the mode.

There are surely bugs that will continue to be worked out -- we will have our full review of this mode coming up later this week after we get some more time with it.

How is your first day with The Show Live going?

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 81 thaSLAB @ 04/04/13 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
That avatar still kills me.

theSlab...Can we Trust him?

M.K.
Knight165
Haha! Yeah I have to admit that was pretty funny - I didn't tell him that though.

-- Sent from the Future...

# 82 jmount78 @ 04/04/13 10:24 AM
I played the opening day between Braves and Phillies. I was very impressed with some of the milestone notes that flashed on the screen. For example, there was a sentence on the screen about Utley having 199 Home Runs. The opening day presentation was excellent as well.

Yes there were some missing players, but that is totally out of the hands of the producers. The Player's Association agreement doesn't allow for players to be in video games unless they have played in a MLB game.

The Show Live is great for someone like me who doesn't play anything but exhibition. It will be refined as time goes along, but I am very impressed with how they have developed it. The ONLY weakness is commentary.

# 83 DJ @ 04/04/13 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmount78
I played the opening day between Braves and Phillies. I was very impressed with some of the milestone notes that flashed on the screen. For example, there was a sentence on the screen about Utley having 199 Home Runs. The opening day presentation was excellent as well.

Yes there were some missing players, but that is totally out of the hands of the producers. The Player's Association agreement doesn't allow for players to be in video games unless they have played in a MLB game.

The Show Live is great for someone like me who doesn't play anything but exhibition. It will be refined as time goes along, but I am very impressed with how they have developed it. The ONLY weakness is commentary.
I'm hoping the commentary gets better as the season progresses. With it being Opening Week, there's not much for the commentators to draw back on ... once we get 2-3 weeks in, I'd hope there'd be mention of hot/cold streaks, team win/loss streaks and things of that nature.

# 84 TripleCrown @ 04/04/13 11:47 AM
I like the mode even if a few things need some tweaks. Find it great when you just want to play an adhoc game.

A little feature I think would be nice :

At lineup selection, when you have a rookie not avail yet in the roster, just have the option to import one saved on your drive. That would solve the problem and add more value to the existing Player vault ;-)

# 85 Knight165 @ 04/04/13 01:06 PM
What's great is that SCEA will definitely listen to our suggestions for these newly added modes(PostSeason as well I'm sure) and try and get them in ...in the future.

I would LOVE a Manage only Mode option for both The Show Live and Post Season mode.

Fine tuning these modes is something I'm sure the dev team will be keyed in on.

How great would a Show Live type of feature for FRANCHISE mode be?...where the real life lineups/rotations/roster moves/injuries were incorporated into your franchise somehow?

M.K.
Knight165

# 86 TripleCrown @ 04/04/13 01:13 PM
How just jump in the middle of an ongoing live game.

Priceless...

# 87 Heroesandvillains @ 04/04/13 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
That avatar still kills me.

theSlab...Can we Trust him?

M.K.
Knight165
Ugh...

Don't do it.

Try to fight it...

Heroes, don't look directly at it or you'll start...rolling...in laughter....

# 88 Heroesandvillains @ 04/04/13 01:39 PM
I haven't touched this mode yet.

I was wondering: After you play a game, can you continue throughout the schedule and begin a Franchise from that point forward?

# 89 HustlinOwl @ 04/04/13 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroesandvillains
I haven't touched this mode yet.

I was wondering: After you play a game, can you continue throughout the schedule and begin a Franchise from that point forward?
nope, not currently

# 90 thaSLAB @ 04/04/13 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown
How just jump in the middle of an ongoing live game.

Priceless...
This is exactly what I would love it to evolve into eventually!

# 91 TripleCrown @ 04/04/13 01:51 PM
And If you're getting better results than the real life game , the game forward automatic email to Leyland in the dugout to tell him what he should have done instead :-)))

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
This is exactly what I would love it to evolve into eventually!

# 92 Super Glock @ 04/04/13 02:05 PM
I am very glad SCEA added this mode. It's great for guys like me that mostly do play now exhibition games. Just played the season opener with Washington vs Miami and had a blast.

# 93 budsticky @ 04/04/13 04:47 PM
Sorry if this has been addressed earlier in the thread....can you play 2p vs. locally with games in this mode?

# 94 bcruise @ 04/04/13 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by budsticky
Sorry if this has been addressed earlier in the thread....can you play 2p vs. locally with games in this mode?
Yes, you can. Head to head or Co-op.

# 95 BrianU @ 04/04/13 05:57 PM
Does it matter what roster you have loaded before you enter this mode or does it download it every time?

What is the purpose of the 'Save Live Roster' in the menus? There is an online roster and a live roster which am I supposed to use either of those for this mode or it doesnt matter as I said?

# 96 DJ @ 04/04/13 06:18 PM
Forgot to mention that I would like to see more OSD's in this mode. Really, outside of me knowing that I'm playing "today's game" there isn't much to differentiate between me playing the same game in Exhibiton Mode than MLB Live.

MLB 2K is a good blueprint for OSD's within this particular mode.

# 97 ghm125 @ 04/04/13 07:44 PM
just played reds v angels game three only thing messed up was they said game 2 and records were messed up...0-1 1-0...other than that its getting better!....very happy!...its getting there

# 98 Majingir @ 04/05/13 05:46 PM
Is there any way(or if there isn't, are there any plans) to edit lineups in the show live? I don't mean like use a guy who according to the show live isn't on MLB roster type of thing, I mean like if in real life ____ is actually sitting instead of playing but the game has him playing, I wanna edit it.

Also, strange thing happened. When I was on "The Show Live" screen, it showed one lineup(that wasn't accurate), when I played the game, it was a diff lineup(the real life lineup)

And guys stats are correct, but team records are wrong? EX-It shows Bautista with 2HR(he got his 2nd in game #3 between Jays-Cleveland), but Jays are 0-2(and Red Sox are 2-0) and states that the Jays-Red Sox is game #3 of season for both teams....

# 99 AJColossal @ 04/06/13 04:26 PM
Along with the team W-L records being off a game, some of the starting pitchers that have pitched already this season do not any compiled stats.

For example, I played LAA vs TEX and Harrison (who pitched on opening night) had no stats, yet if you look in the player stats, it has the correct season stats for other starters on the team.

Then I looked at OAK vs HOU -- Anderson vs Norris. Anderson has his stats listed correctly, but Norris (who also pitched Opening Day) does not. Weird.

Enjoying the mode, but it has to iron out a few kinks.

# 100 douggoud @ 04/06/13 07:02 PM
I just played the Angels vs Rangers game that's going on today, and I've run into a problem, mainly with the bullpens, or rather, the Rangers bullpen. The Angels bullpen consisted of all the pitchers I've seen and they are all on the roster, no problem there, only problem I had with the Rangers pen is that not only Francisco Rodriguez came out of them pen, but in the 9th, they sent out Brian Wilson............am I missing something? I know those two are still free agents. Why were they on the Rangers?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.