Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Another NBA 2K13 roster update has arrived this morning. Here are some details. Alvin Gentry is still the head coach of the Phoenix Suns, no sign of interim coach Lindsey Hunter. Aaron Brooks and Thomas Robinson are both still wearing jersey #0 for the Houston Rockets. (Robinson should be wearing #41)

There were no rating changes in today's roster update, but according to NBA2KInsider, there will be some in tomorrows update.

Below are the list of changes.
  • Luc Richard Mbah A Moute - Milwaukee Bucks (69) Returns from injury
  • Ersan Ilyasova - Milwaukee Bucks (75) Returns from injury
  • Kyrie Irving - Cleveland Cavaliers (89) Returns from injury
  • Kevin Garnett - Boston Celtics -12 (72) Injured
  • Eric Bledsoe - Los Angeles Clippers (81) Returns from injury
  • Chauncey Billups - Los Angeles Clippers -7 (74) Injured
  • Darrell Author - Memphis Grizzlies (72) Returns from injury
  • Enes Kanter - Utah Jazz -13 (52) Injured
  • Tyson Chandler - New York Knicks (77) Returns from injury
  • Metta World Peace - Los Angeles Lakers -10 (61) Injured
  • Hedo Turkoglu - Orlando Magic (72) Returns from injury
  • Arron Afflalo - Orlando Magic -12 (67) Injured
  • Jared Cunningham - Dallas Mavericks (66) Returns from injury
  • Ty Lawson - Denver Nuggets -19 (66) Injured
  • Wilson Chandler - Denver Nuggets (80) Returns from injury
  • David West - Indiana Pacers (81) Returns from injury
  • Jason Maxiell - Detroit Pistons -11 (60) Injured
  • Andre Drummond - Detroit Pistons (70) Returns from injury
  • Will Bynum - Detroit Pistons -4 (67) Injured
  • Manu Ginobili - San Antonio Spurs -8 (78) Injured
  • Victor Claver - Portland Trail Blazers (62) Returns from injury
  • Bradley Beal - Washington Wizards (75) Returns from injury
Players Still Missing
  • Kevin Jones (PF) - Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Shavlik Randdolph (PF) - Boston Celtics
  • Jarvis Varnado (PF) - Miami Heat
  • Terrel Harris (SG) - New Orleans Hornets
  • Kevin Murphy (SG) - Utah Jazz
  • Chris Wright (PG) - Dallas Mavericks
  • Julyan Stone (PG/SG) - Denver Nuggets
  • Ben Hansbrough (PG/SG) - Indiana Pacers
  • Tim Ohlbrecht (C) - Houston Rockets
  • Aron Baynes (C) - San Antonio Spurs
  • Diante Garrett (SG) - Phoenix Suns
  • Mickael Gelabale (SF) - Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Chris Johnson (C/PF) - Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Kent Bazemore (SG/SF) - Golden St. Warriors
  • Malcolm Thomas (PF/SF) - Golden St. Warriors

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Blackhail92 @ 04/08/13 02:30 PM
while the 2k community may hate me for saying this. Melo could use a slight upgrade for his performance during the knicks 12 game win streak. Also. Idk what Hayward did personally to the 2k insider but something is clearly not being done about his rating. James white is a 69 over Hayward smh. I also wanted to know if anyone else didnt support the fact that haslem has defensive anchor and Omer asik doesnt?

# 82 cj2008nw @ 04/08/13 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
The 8th seed has won against the 1st only 5 times in NBA history...it's quite simple, if you make the playoffs in an 82 games season, you've earned it.

Also, I simply can't understand your logic. Utah has been in the playoffs 8 times since 2000. They have missed the playoffs only 4 times since the 1983/84 season. Pretty impressive if you ask me.
Again, I'm not a Jazz fan...but as a basketball fan I appreciate good team ball, which is exactly what the Jazz do.
Now I understand that it's easier to root for some individual superstar since this requires no basketball knowledge whatsoever, but anyone who knows what basketball is all about might not exactly be in love with the way the Jazz play, but has to appreciate how they make the best out of the pieces they've got.

Let's apply your logic to some other teams as well:

The last time the Knicks went to the finals was in 99 and the last time they went to the conference finals was 99...They haven't made it past the 1st round for the last 12 years. That's trash.

The Clippers did not go to the Finals or made it past the Conference semis even once. That's trash.

The Grizzlies never made it past the 2nd round. That's trash.

The Nuggets made it out of the 2nd round only once since 1985. That's trash.

Now having established that the NBA is a league full of trash, what's your idea to improve the way playoff spots are distributed? Clearly, outside of a few big market fan favourites, most teams seem like a complete waste of time according to your logic. So do you have any suggestions how to make the playoffs more exciting? Seems like most teams are completely undeserving of their playoff spots.
I'm sorry but just making the playoffs to get swept or beat isn't impressive to me at all that's just a waste of a playoff spot... If your not even going to be able to COMPETE

The Knicks have been a Joke for a VERY long time so let's not act like them having a good season this year makes up for previous years.... This is their first time in contention to win it all they beat the heat 3-1 in the season series and were an 8th seed last year

The Clippers have had NO BANNERS till this season and they finally won a division tittle but still have been the Joke of the NBA ever since their team existed till last season when they got Chris Paul who should have been a Laker lol

The grizzlies are trash and have always been trash I though they were going to do great coming into the playoffs this year then they traded away Rudy Gay.... For cap space.... So I don't really expect much from them anymore

And what are you talking about the Nuggets were just in the Conference finals in 08-09 season and I respect the Nuggets more than the Jazz because they still Compete against any team they play against

# 83 cj2008nw @ 04/08/13 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyklug2013
You must not remember when they went to the Western Conference Finals a few years ago, huh?

You're an idiot.

It's also apparent that you have literally no idea what you're talking about, because you only pay attention to a total of 5 teams: Lakers, Thunder, Knicks, Heat, and Clippers.

Your definition of a horrible team is foolish and straight-up stupid. You're more than likely a child who bases his thoughts of the NBA upon 2k.
I mentioned they went to the Conference Finals but I guess you can't read at all huh? But I'm an idiot? Lol

No I base my opinion on if they are able to COMPETE and what they have done overall and it's really not much to me even when their team is HEALTHY ... I'm not impressed at all with them you just sound like a bitter Jazz fan because your favorite franchise isn't making moves to put them into contention for a title let alone compete with any other play off team

# 84 giftedchick @ 04/08/13 04:42 PM
lol i didnt intend to spark anything with my original comment.. was just making an observation

imo.. its irrelevant for you all to be discussing the HISTORY of squads that no longer have the same rosters
all im saying is.. (i think) the roster the jazz have now (no deron, boozer, malone, stockton) are far from threatening to anybody ..
millsap/jefferson are about the only things they have going for them, and i dont think they can be contenders until they give up one of them to get a good guard/wing... or nab a good draft pick

# 85 cj2008nw @ 04/08/13 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick
lol i didnt intend to spark anything with my original comment.. was just making an observation

imo.. its irrelevant for you all to be discussing the HISTORY of squads that no longer have the same rosters
all im saying is.. (i think) the roster the jazz have now (no deron, boozer, malone, stockton) are far from threatening to anybody ..
millsap/jefferson are about the only things they have going for them, and i dont think they can be contenders until they give up one of them to get a good guard/wing... or nab a good draft pick
That's in a nutshell of what I've been trying to say but I guess they believe the Jazz are going to do something in the playoffs

# 86 JazzMan @ 04/08/13 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj2008nw
That's in a nutshell of what I've been trying to say but I guess they believe the Jazz are going to do something in the playoffs
No, you've been saying that Utah is a horrible team, in which they are not.

Should they have moved Millsap or Jefferson for a PG of the future? Sure. But they didn't. And guess what? They're still a pretty damn good team. How many "horrible" teams can be in playoff contention in the Western Conference?

You're basing Utah off a short stretch where they played horribly and got their confidence rattled. You take out that horrible stretch, which was arguably one of the toughest sets of games in the league at the time, and Utah could potentially be the 6th or 7th seed.

Put Utah in the East, and they'd be fighting for the 5th seed.

Now, I'm curious here: Do you think the Lakers are a horrible team as well?

# 87 JazzMan @ 04/08/13 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick

I almost agree with everything you said. Almost.

It is irrelevant to keep bringing up history. I did not until I mentioned that Utah made the Conference Finals a few years back, but this cj2008 fellow keeps mentioning how Utah is a horrible team because they haven't been to the Finals since 98. By that logic, the Knicks are a horrible team as well, as are the Clippers and the Grizzlies.

I also think that Utah should have moved Millsap or Jefferson before the deadline, but that's a different discussion altogether.

The part that I don't agree with, though, is how you say Utah only has Millsap and Jefferson and are not threats to anybody.

That's where you're wrong. As of right now, they're a threat to the Lakers, being that if Utah beats them out for the 8th seed, LA's season goes down as the most disappointing in league history. We've also seen it with Memphis that an 8th seed can at least put up a fight against the top team.

As for them "only having Millsap and Jefferson," Mo Williams is finally getting back in his groove and Gordon Hayward is coming along nicely. Derrick Favors has been terrific as of late, but unfortunately, Kanter is out for the rest of the season. Both Favors and Kanter have been dominant off the bench and could be starters for lots of teams in the league.

# 88 cj2008nw @ 04/08/13 05:40 PM
Quote:
No, you've been saying that Utah is a horrible team, in which they are not.

Should they have moved Millsap or Jefferson for a PG of the future? Sure. But they didn't. And guess what? They're still a pretty damn good team. How many "horrible" teams can be in playoff contention in the Western Conference?

You're basing Utah off a short stretch where they played horribly and got their confidence rattled. You take out that horrible stretch, which was arguably one of the toughest sets of games in the league at the time, and Utah could potentially be the 6th or 7th seed.

Put Utah in the East, and they'd be fighting for the 5th seed.

Now, I'm curious here: Do you think the Lakers are a horrible team as well?
LOL that's horrible that you would think it means something to be a 5th seed in a way weaker conference..
Lakers are FAR from a horrible team... they've had three HORRIBLE seasons to Laker Standard... but this season was filled with a lot of front office Blunders and Jim Buss making decisions with his emotions and not the better basketball decision

# 89 cj2008nw @ 04/08/13 05:42 PM
Quote:

It is irrelevant to keep bringing up history. I did not until I mentioned that Utah made the Conference Finals a few years back, but this cj2008 fellow keeps mentioning how Utah is a horrible team because they haven't been to the Finals since 98. By that logic, the Knicks are a horrible team as well, as are the Clippers and the Grizzlies.

I also think that Utah should have moved Millsap or Jefferson before the deadline, but that's a different discussion altogether.

The part that I don't agree with, though, is how you say Utah only has Millsap and Jefferson and are not threats to anybody.

That's where you're wrong. As of right now, they're a threat to the Lakers, being that if Utah beats them out for the 8th seed, LA's season goes down as the most disappointing in league history. We've also seen it with Memphis that an 8th seed can at least put up a fight against the top team.

As for them "only having Millsap and Jefferson," Mo Williams is finally getting back in his groove and Gordon Hayward is coming along nicely. Derrick Favors has been terrific as of late, but unfortunately, Kanter is out for the rest of the season. Both Favors and Kanter have been dominant off the bench and could be starters for lots of teams in the league.
They are not game changing players at best they are role players idk why you think so highly of Hayward

# 90 JazzMan @ 04/08/13 05:43 PM
Quote:
LOL that's horrible that you would think it means something to be a 5th seed in a way weaker conference..
Lakers are FAR from a horrible team... they've had three HORRIBLE seasons to Laker Standard... but this season was filled with a lot of front office Blunders and Jim Buss making decisions with his emotions and not the better basketball decision
That is the sorriest answer to that question that I could have even imagined. Talk about a double standard...

# 91 cj2008nw @ 04/08/13 05:47 PM
Quote:
That is the sorriest answer to that question that I could have even imagined. Talk about a double standard...
There's no double standard at all Utah has been healthy for Majority of the season and are battling a team that has had most of their starters besides Kobe miss multiple games...

and KEY rotational players from the Lakers roster have missed most of the season

The Lakers have had more success than the Jazz even at their very worst.. with an injury plagued season

I believe they would have had a completely different season if everybody was healthy for majority of the season

# 92 JazzMan @ 04/08/13 05:49 PM
Quote:
They are not game changing players at best they are role players idk why you think so highly of Hayward
Have you seen him play? The kid is a great basketball player. He can shoot, drive, defend, and set up for his teammates. He's an all-around talent. I know that I'm not the only one that agrees.

As for Mo, he's a streaky shooter, but he's also a former all-star and can still get it done. He's had multiple 20 point outbursts in the past 10 games that have helped Utah surge ahead of the apparently not horrible Lakers...

I'm done here. You have no idea what you're talking about and I don't want to stoop down to your level any further. Later!

# 93 cj2008nw @ 04/08/13 06:03 PM
Quote:
Have you seen him play? The kid is a great basketball player. He can shoot, drive, defend, and set up for his teammates. He's an all-around talent. I know that I'm not the only one that agrees.

As for Mo, he's a streaky shooter, but he's also a former all-star and can still get it done. He's had multiple 20 point outbursts in the past 10 games that have helped Utah surge ahead of the apparently not horrible Lakers...

I'm done here. You have no idea what you're talking about and I don't want to stoop down to your level any further. Later!
you are such a HOMER... and I already said the Lakers had a Horrible season because of Injuries but I definitely know what I'm talking about... your over hyping a player that average 14 points a game you make it sound like he should be an all star or something

Look up Earl Clark he's had good games too through out the season but he is nothing more than a Role Player

# 94 giftedchick @ 04/08/13 08:01 PM
Quote:

what i meant was.. millsap/jefferson are their only 'threats'... i cant imagine another team's scouting/agenda to be: "we really need to watch out for (favours, hayward, carrol, foye)".. not saying any of those guys arent talented, but a threat? i think not.

as for the lakers... the lakers are their own worst enemy... injuries and utter lack of chemistry was their downfall (although the season still isnt over - only half a game back)
the difference between the lakers and the jazz is they have multiple players (at different positions) who i would consider 'threats'

# 95 mango_prom @ 04/09/13 05:48 AM
Quote:
I'm sorry but just making the playoffs to get swept or beat isn't impressive to me at all that's just a waste of a playoff spot... If your not even going to be able to COMPETE
You do realize that's exactly the point of the current seeding system, right? The 7th and 8th seed are playing the 1st and 2nd because they're supposed to lose for the sake of good TV ratings by matching up the top seed in later rounds.

Quote:
The grizzlies are trash and have always been trash I though they were going to do great coming into the playoffs this year then they traded away Rudy Gay.... For cap space.... So I don't really expect much from them anymore
Rudy Gay? Really?
Now you might not know this, but there's a difference between NBA2k and real life...in a video game, Gay is a spectacular superhero-like player.
In the real world, he's giving you about 18 ppg shooting 40% from the field and 30% from 3. That's a joke for a guy taking 16 shots per game.

If you had actually watched a few Grizzlies games and looked up his numbers you'd realize that it was a great decision to trade him. He's insanely inefficient for a guy taking that many shots. Not a great passer, either.
Now Prince is a slightly worse rebounder, but he's simply more solid all around. Better passer, less turnovers, slightly more efficient offensively and doesn't shoot his team out of games with his lack of offensive IQ.

So to me, both players are on teams they belong on. Prince is contributing to a playoff team, while Gay chucks away in Canada.

The Memphis front office did the right thing, loading off a player that won't help them at all in the playoffs for a valuable role player and cap space.

Quote:
And what are you talking about the Nuggets were just in the Conference finals in 08-09 season and I respect the Nuggets more than the Jazz because they still Compete against any team they play against
Do you even read other posts? I've said the Nuggets only made it past the 2nd round once in 25 years (the exception being 08/09), you basically repeat that and disagree?

You're trolling, right?

# 96 regGQ @ 04/09/13 06:16 AM
Weekly melo post

His inside/close/med ratings are 91/87/87

for reference

Kobe's 94/92/89
Durant's 93/94/92
Westbrook's 91/92/88

other updates to consider his offensive rebounding, low post offense, post fadeaway (Durant actually has a higher rating in that) and his hustle at 66 is a joke

also consider adding another signature skill, one of
heat retention/microwave/post proficiency/hustle points

# 97 mango_prom @ 04/09/13 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by regGQ
Weekly melo post

His inside/close/med ratings are 91/87/87

for reference

Kobe's 94/92/89
Durant's 93/94/92
Westbrook's 91/92/88
Melo's inside rating should be lower than that, his FG% around the rim is comparable to players like Kemba Walker, good but not great at all.

Mid range scaling is something that I don't understand at all in 2k13. If you look at the league as a whole, it makes much more sense to put players into different tiers using maybe 5 or 10 point increments instead of this crap of +2,-3 and so on.
Using that logic, Melo is absolutely in the top tier of midrange players, but then again....if 2k would do it right, players like Mayo or Walker should not be that much worse in terms of their midrange rating.

I would even argue that players like Stephen Curry and O.J. Mayo should have higher midrange ratings than Melo/Kobe, with the shoot off the dribble rating being the deciding factor in making Anthony and Bryant superior scorers. But even if 2k wanted to do so, they couldn't becaues of twitter exploding from 12 year olds whining about their favorite superstar getting hated on.

# 98 Blackhail92 @ 04/09/13 09:00 AM
Quote:
Melo's inside rating should be lower than that, his FG% around the rim is comparable to players like Kemba Walker, good but not great at all.

Mid range scaling is something that I don't understand at all in 2k13. If you look at the league as a whole, it makes much more sense to put players into different tiers using maybe 5 or 10 point increments instead of this crap of +2,-3 and so on.
Using that logic, Melo is absolutely in the top tier of midrange players, but then again....if 2k would do it right, players like Mayo or Walker should not be that much worse in terms of their midrange rating.

I would even argue that players like Stephen Curry and O.J. Mayo should have higher midrange ratings than Melo/Kobe, with the shoot off the dribble rating being the deciding factor in making Anthony and Bryant superior scorers. But even if 2k wanted to do so, they couldn't becaues of twitter exploding from 12 year olds whining about their favorite superstar getting hated on.
Melo's inside/med/3 point shot are fine. Maybe a slight bump in medium range. But as mentioned before his 5th sig skill should be heat retention/hustle points/ post proficiency. and his offensive rebounding,low post offense, low post defense(kobe has a better low post defense as of the current update)post fadeaway, and hustle could be considered for an upgrade

# 99 mango_prom @ 04/09/13 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
Melo's inside/med/3 point shot are fine. Maybe a slight bump in medium range. But as mentioned before his 5th sig skill should be heat retention/hustle points/ post proficiency. and his offensive rebounding,low post offense, low post defense(kobe has a better low post defense as of the current update)post fadeaway, and hustle could be considered for an upgrade
I have to disagree. Let's look at inside shooting%:

Lebron 78 FG% on 7 attempts
Durant 75 FG% on 4.5 attempts
Kobe 70 FG% on 5 attempts
Melo 55 FG% on 6 attempts

Melo has never shot worse at the rim than this season. Now there are a lot of things he excels at, but strictly talking about scoring near the basket, he clearly does not belong into a conversation about the most efficient inside scorers. It's not even close.

Also, why hustle points? His inside rating is already too high to begin with, now use a sig skill to further overrate his abilities? He is a solid offensive rebounder, which should be reflected in his OReb rating, but that's not related to scoring efficency, which is why I don't understand him getting the hustle skill.

# 100 Blackhail92 @ 04/09/13 09:50 AM
Quote:
I have to disagree. Let's look at inside shooting%:

Lebron 78 FG% on 7 attempts
Durant 75 FG% on 4.5 attempts
Kobe 70 FG% on 5 attempts
Melo 55 FG% on 6 attempts

Melo has never shot worse at the rim than this season. Now there are a lot of things he excels at, but strictly talking about scoring near the basket, he clearly does not belong into a conversation about the most efficient inside scorers. It's not even close.

Also, why hustle points? His inside rating is already too high to begin with, now use a sig skill to further overrate his abilities? He is a solid offensive rebounder, which should be reflected in his OReb rating, but that's not related to scoring efficency, which is why I don't understand him getting the hustle skill.
I understand. BTW many do know that Melo doesnt get many super star calls especially not around the rim(didnt shoot a freethrow on sunday against OKC till the 48th minute of the game. Even though he had 9 offensive boards. while KD had 12 attempts) and to answer your question about hustle points. It is because 2k obviously doesnt want to give him heat retention or microwave beause it wil make his sig skils as kobe or durant. And melo doesnt have as much 2k royalty as those two. therefore i was throwing out ideas of which COULD suit him. To me he just deserves heat retention

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.