Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Another NBA 2K13 roster update has arrived this morning. Here are some details. Alvin Gentry is still the head coach of the Phoenix Suns, no sign of interim coach Lindsey Hunter. Aaron Brooks and Thomas Robinson are both still wearing jersey #0 for the Houston Rockets. (Robinson should be wearing #41)

There were no rating changes in today's roster update, but according to NBA2KInsider, there will be some in tomorrows update.

Below are the list of changes.
  • Luc Richard Mbah A Moute - Milwaukee Bucks (69) Returns from injury
  • Ersan Ilyasova - Milwaukee Bucks (75) Returns from injury
  • Kyrie Irving - Cleveland Cavaliers (89) Returns from injury
  • Kevin Garnett - Boston Celtics -12 (72) Injured
  • Eric Bledsoe - Los Angeles Clippers (81) Returns from injury
  • Chauncey Billups - Los Angeles Clippers -7 (74) Injured
  • Darrell Author - Memphis Grizzlies (72) Returns from injury
  • Enes Kanter - Utah Jazz -13 (52) Injured
  • Tyson Chandler - New York Knicks (77) Returns from injury
  • Metta World Peace - Los Angeles Lakers -10 (61) Injured
  • Hedo Turkoglu - Orlando Magic (72) Returns from injury
  • Arron Afflalo - Orlando Magic -12 (67) Injured
  • Jared Cunningham - Dallas Mavericks (66) Returns from injury
  • Ty Lawson - Denver Nuggets -19 (66) Injured
  • Wilson Chandler - Denver Nuggets (80) Returns from injury
  • David West - Indiana Pacers (81) Returns from injury
  • Jason Maxiell - Detroit Pistons -11 (60) Injured
  • Andre Drummond - Detroit Pistons (70) Returns from injury
  • Will Bynum - Detroit Pistons -4 (67) Injured
  • Manu Ginobili - San Antonio Spurs -8 (78) Injured
  • Victor Claver - Portland Trail Blazers (62) Returns from injury
  • Bradley Beal - Washington Wizards (75) Returns from injury
Players Still Missing
  • Kevin Jones (PF) - Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Shavlik Randdolph (PF) - Boston Celtics
  • Jarvis Varnado (PF) - Miami Heat
  • Terrel Harris (SG) - New Orleans Hornets
  • Kevin Murphy (SG) - Utah Jazz
  • Chris Wright (PG) - Dallas Mavericks
  • Julyan Stone (PG/SG) - Denver Nuggets
  • Ben Hansbrough (PG/SG) - Indiana Pacers
  • Tim Ohlbrecht (C) - Houston Rockets
  • Aron Baynes (C) - San Antonio Spurs
  • Diante Garrett (SG) - Phoenix Suns
  • Mickael Gelabale (SF) - Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Chris Johnson (C/PF) - Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Kent Bazemore (SG/SF) - Golden St. Warriors
  • Malcolm Thomas (PF/SF) - Golden St. Warriors

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 mango_prom @ 04/09/13 10:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackhail92
I understand. BTW many do know that Melo doesnt get many super star calls especially not around the rim(didnt shoot a freethrow on sunday against OKC till the 48th minute of the game. Even though he had 9 offensive boards. while KD had 12 attempts) and to answer your question about hustle points. It is because 2k obviously doesnt want to give him heat retention or microwave beause it wil make his sig skils as kobe or durant. And melo doesnt have as much 2k royalty as those two. therefore i was throwing out ideas of which COULD suit him. To me he just deserves heat retention
Heat retention is something I agree with. At least if we take 2k general sig skill distribution logic into consideration.

About shooting fouls i'm quite not so sure. I don't even think Durant gets too much preferential treatment around the rim. It's more some of these jumpshot fouls I don't like. You know, the good old DWade trick of faking a shot only to bump into the defender without any intention of creating a good look.

But even if Melo gets not enough respect from the refs (which I'm not sure about since he gets to the line just as much as Lebron/Kobe), I'd still argue that he's not in the same tier talking about inside scoring as other top wing scorers.

# 102 Blackhail92 @ 04/09/13 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
Heat retention is something I agree with. At least if we take 2k general sig skill distribution logic into consideration.

About shooting fouls i'm quite not so sure. I don't even think Durant gets too much preferential treatment around the rim. It's more some of these jumpshot fouls I don't like. You know, the good old DWade trick of faking a shot only to bump into the defender without any intention of creating a good look.

But even if Melo gets not enough respect from the refs (which I'm not sure about since he gets to the line just as much as Lebron/Kobe), I'd still argue that he's not in the same tier talking about inside scoring as other top wing scorers.
exactly my point. KD gets his up and under calls. Yet Melo has been playing PF most of the year and has the same amount of freethrows as his career? this could be because his usage more of the three. But from watching melo he gets WACKED down low but he doesnt tend to flop, he actually seems to embrace the contact. He semi gets the old shaq treatment as in there are so many fouls they cant call all of them. PLus not flopping really doesnt help him. He also usually gets his own rebound off of his own miss. Which can make one possesion go from him shooting 7-14 to 7-17. all from maybe two no calls and a couple put backs. But your point is still valid about finishing around the rim. But if yu watch melo play you know he is one of the best finishers

# 103 mango_prom @ 04/09/13 10:38 AM
Quote:
exactly my point. KD gets his up and under calls. Yet Melo has been playing PF most of the year and has the same amount of freethrows as his career? this could be because his usage more of the three. But from watching melo he gets WACKED down low but he doesnt tend to flop, he actually seems to embrace the contact. He semi gets the old shaq treatment as in there are so many fouls they cant call all of them. PLus not flopping really doesnt help him. He also usually gets his own rebound off of his own miss. Which can make one possesion go from him shooting 7-14 to 7-17. all from maybe two no calls and a couple put backs. But your point is still valid about finishing around the rim. But if yu watch melo play you know he is one of the best finishers
Melo is not a bad finisher at all, but looking at his physical tools, there's simply no way he should be shooting around 55 FG% inside, even with physical defense and a lack of fouls being called.

Maybe he should pull a Lebron and simply start to plow away anything between him and the basket. It's more a mentality thing from my perspective. He's all about finesse on the perimeter, but driving to the basket, I'd like to see him be a lot more relentless.

But you bring up a valid point about Melo playing PF a lot more. He's matched up against physically stronger defenders that way, which is probably a reason for his subpar inside FG%.
Now it might be more efficient to cut down inside attempts looking at his individual efficiency only, but the whole Knicks offense is based on Melo taking lots and lots of (sometimes unnecessary) shots to open up the floor for spot up shooters. So it's probably worth it looking at the team as a whole.

# 104 Bretsky523 @ 04/09/13 04:29 PM
Quote:
You do realize that's exactly the point of the current seeding system, right? The 7th and 8th seed are playing the 1st and 2nd because they're supposed to lose for the sake of good TV ratings by matching up the top seed in later rounds.

Rudy Gay? Really?
Now you might not know this, but there's a difference between NBA2k and real life...in a video game, Gay is a spectacular superhero-like player.
In the real world, he's giving you about 18 ppg shooting 40% from the field and 30% from 3. That's a joke for a guy taking 16 shots per game.

If you had actually watched a few Grizzlies games and looked up his numbers you'd realize that it was a great decision to trade him. He's insanely inefficient for a guy taking that many shots. Not a great passer, either.
Now Prince is a slightly worse rebounder, but he's simply more solid all around. Better passer, less turnovers, slightly more efficient offensively and doesn't shoot his team out of games with his lack of offensive IQ.

So to me, both players are on teams they belong on. Prince is contributing to a playoff team, while Gay chucks away in Canada.

The Memphis front office did the right thing, loading off a player that won't help them at all in the playoffs for a valuable role player and cap space.

Do you even read other posts? I've said the Nuggets only made it past the 2nd round once in 25 years (the exception being 08/09), you basically repeat that and disagree?

You're trolling, right?
Dude I understand your'e trying to make a point but don't be rasict. Don't talk about Canada like its a pile of trash.

# 105 JazzMan @ 04/09/13 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bretsky523
Dude I understand your'e trying to make a point but don't be rasict. Don't talk about Canada like its a pile of trash.
Attachment 58061

C'mon man... lol

# 106 tblack228 @ 04/09/13 05:24 PM
Quote:
I don't think he meant anything racist about Canada. He likely meant that in a sense that the Raptors are a lottery team so Rudy's inefficiency is a little more justified than it would be on a playoff contender.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

# 107 mango_prom @ 04/09/13 05:33 PM
Quote:
Lol, didn't want to hate on Canada at all. You have to feel sorry for Raptors fans that they're stuck with this guy for a few more years...

# 108 Bretsky523 @ 04/09/13 06:36 PM
Quote:
Lol, didn't want to hate on Canada at all. You have to feel sorry for Raptors fans that they're stuck with this guy for a few more years...
Ehh personally I think it was a good move for them, at least it got them some intrest in the team

# 109 mango_prom @ 04/09/13 07:07 PM
Quote:
Ehh personally I think it was a good move for them, at least it got them some intrest in the team
Don't know...he's making absurd amounts of money compared to what he's contributing, but you're right. At least he's exciting at times and I suppose they'll try to be more of a fast paced fun to watch team next season. Kinda depends on how the young players develop, maybe they'll make some noise.

But I feel bad for Calderon, dude is underrated. Shooting 50/50/90 since playing for Detroit. Hopefully he'll sign with a contender for next season. He could help any team instantly.

# 110 JazzMan @ 04/09/13 07:43 PM
You guys do know that Canadians aren't a separate race, right?

# 111 JazzMan @ 04/09/13 07:44 PM
Quote:
Don't know...he's making absurd amounts of money compared to what he's contributing, but you're right. At least he's exciting at times and I suppose they'll try to be more of a fast paced fun to watch team next season. Kinda depends on how the young players develop, maybe they'll make some noise.

But I feel bad for Calderon, dude is underrated. Shooting 50/50/90 since playing for Detroit. Hopefully he'll sign with a contender for next season. He could help any team instantly.
I hope Utah brings in Calderon. He's a beast, and he'd be a great fit in Salt Lake.

# 112 franch1se @ 04/09/13 08:09 PM
Bulls signed Malcolm Thomas to a 2 yr guaranteed contract....hope 2k puts him in now

# 113 nexustamaki @ 04/18/13 10:58 PM
how to download this guys

# 114 hear me now @ 04/19/13 10:17 AM
Quote:
This is why I added hustle points to him and replaced finisher with microwave(I lowered his three rating too). He misses a lot of layups because of not getting a foul call.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ucs-8iCvMqg
At 1:40 in the video is the sort of play we're referencing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.