Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

ESPN's Jon Robinson has posted the first Madden NFL 25 screenshot, as well as a few details on the new Run Free Ball Carrier feature.

Quote:
...the game will highlight a "run free ball carrier feature" that will offer "unprecedented ball-carrier control and precision."

What are you hoping to see out of this new Run Free Ball Carrier feature?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 EMbow513 @ 04/04/13 01:33 PM
Same fking game. Arian Foster and Aj Green better not have generic faces and they better let me edit body size

# 82 roadman @ 04/04/13 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfer717
bland repetitive commentary? and an Augmented animation engine you mean? there is nothing real-time physics about madden. The game is not realistic. I don't care if people like it for what it is. But I'm sick of EA lying to our faces about the overwhelming realism of the game. Then NFL players backing it during the year as revolutionary when we know they're getting a little chunk of change for even mentioning it. The games garbage. EA sports does not produce simulation games for adults. They're arcade games with a sim appearance made for adolescents.
I'm not disagreeing on the sim part, I'm just disagreeing on the gimmick part. Gimmicks to me are ring builder, weapon system, strategy pad, etc.......

# 83 Smoke6 @ 04/04/13 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I'm not disagreeing on the sim part, I'm just disagreeing on the gimmick part. Gimmicks to me are ring builder, weapon system, strategy pad, etc.......
Layoff the ring builder, I thought that was kinda neat how that trophy room and stuff worked back then. We even had online tournaments and stuff to go along with all that.

Weapon system and spec catch are gimmicks because of how they were abused and used at will when in reality, those were once in a while type of stuff to happen.

# 84 Broncos86 @ 04/04/13 05:24 PM
All I could think of when I read about this new running gameplay is terrible stop-on-a-dime type of player movement and endless spin moves to the end zone. Because the gameplay will be juiced up to emphasize it and make us feel like there is something new there.

The screenshot looks like all the rest, so whatever. It'll be another year of pseudo-physics and bad line play.

# 85 Trick13 @ 04/04/13 06:12 PM
Every time I hear someone complain about "stop on a dime" or players changing directions too fast I get sick to my stomach. Maybe the entire community is too young to have seen Barry Sanders play. Maybe the play on Sports Center where, I think it was P Harvin did two stop and go moves to get to pay dirt did not get enough play time???

Now, the way the players move needs a serious upgrade. The way players cut on Madden 2006 for PS2 was better than what is in M13. And certainly they need a system that accounts for weight, momentum and has enough variances to allow for different ratings like ACC, AGI and so on. Madden used to be fun because you could recreate some amazing things that you saw on Sundays, but now no one really "cuts" and I get that sudden direction changes without at least the illusion of momentum/foot planting is annoying, but the players who really amaze in the NFL get stripped down abilities on Madden because "it isn't fair that a 95 AGI RB just made my 71 AGI DE grab at air". I don't get it.

They should get some film and data from the Sports Science show and use it to measure where they are in terms of body lean, direction change, spin moves and so on. Plus I would guess that if NCAA is going to have variable stamina during each play (in other words stamina will drain during plays) - then Madden will likely have that in place too so consecutive moves would most likely drain your player's stamina too fast for those to be a big issue...

# 86 ManiacMatt1782 @ 04/04/13 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adub88
Exactly lol
Those programming resourses were spent on adding to fake twitter in the glitched CCM instead.

# 87 adriano @ 04/04/13 09:14 PM
I saw this yesterday, Infinity Engine 2.0 is in NCAA 14

http://www.operationsports.com/featu...-14s-gameplay/

I really like what EJ said about the line play.. Hopefully this is
what they are doing with Madden 25.

# 88 ERA @ 04/04/13 09:26 PM
Lighting looks great, I have a good feeling about this year. Don't screw this up EA!!

# 89 DaveDQ @ 04/05/13 03:01 PM
Everyone that "has a good feeling" from this pic really needs to take Madden History 101. There has yet to be a feature in this generation of Madden that has redefined the game itself. Everything has been a branch of the core gameplay. The problem is that gameplay is dated.

When have we seen a feature enhance other aspects of the game like we are here hoping the latest super-titled enhancement will do? "Run-Free" is going to possibly change OL/DL interactions? Will it also improve repetitive and awkward tackling?

Seriously take a look at this franchise's history and then tell me a pic and new feature announcement gives you a good feeling.

# 90 Kingd803 @ 04/05/13 08:18 PM
It from this image madden 25 will be a no buy from me. Look at the player models. They just look completely unrealistic.

It breaks my heart that my favorite sport, my passion in life has such a poor representative. Look at nba 2k. Look at MLB the show. Their game looks photorealistic. Their player models actually look like human beings instead of a video game character.

It's a damn shame.

# 91 roadman @ 04/05/13 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
Everyone that "has a good feeling" from this pic really needs to take Madden History 101. There has yet to be a feature in this generation of Madden that has redefined the game itself. Everything has been a branch of the core gameplay. The problem is that gameplay is dated.

When have we seen a feature enhance other aspects of the game like we are here hoping the latest super-titled enhancement will do? "Run-Free" is going to possibly change OL/DL interactions? Will it also improve repetitive and awkward tackling?

Seriously take a look at this franchise's history and then tell me a pic and new feature announcement gives you a good feeling.
I agree with what you are saying, but you can't blame people for feeling spring in the air type stuff. Heck, happens to me at the start of every baseball and football season.

Based on history, you are right, but that doesn't mean 25 will turn out the same exact way.
Things can change and hope is eternal.

My gut tells me they need to lay the foundation with 25 for the NG.

I'm not going to bury it yet, based on history. I'll stick around to see videos and demo the game before burying it.

13 was buried quickly for me, hoping lightening doesn't strike again and again and again.

There's the word, hope, again.

# 92 adub88 @ 04/05/13 09:05 PM
I can only hope EA has something more. I'm holding Cam Weber to his words from back in April 2011:

Coming in to a new role as GM of Football, I first spent a bunch of time doing research on where we stand with our current football franchises: Madden NFL and NCAA Football. As a football fan and sports gamer, I’ve obviously spent a ton of time playing these titles over the years, and I’ve spent hours and hours reading community feedback, past reviews and studying the forums to understand what our core consumers are asking for.

Ultimately, there are some key recurring themes that come through in the feedback:

• First and foremost, we need to deliver an amazing simulation football gameplay experience on both of our franchises. In other words, our fans want to see fluid, realistic player movement and deep football AI and behaviors on the field. This includes what players are doing between the whistles in the middle of a play, and how they behave in our pre- and post-play moments as well.

# 93 DaveDQ @ 04/06/13 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I agree with what you are saying, but you can't blame people for feeling spring in the air type stuff. Heck, happens to me at the start of every baseball and football season.

Based on history, you are right, but that doesn't mean 25 will turn out the same exact way.
Things can change and hope is eternal.

My gut tells me they need to lay the foundation with 25 for the NG.

I'm not going to bury it yet, based on history. I'll stick around to see videos and demo the game before burying it.

13 was buried quickly for me, hoping lightening doesn't strike again and again and again.

There's the word, hope, again.
I hear you. I hope too. It's all I can do (staring into the distance).

I get frustrated with Madden because football on a videogame has always been the sport I enjoy most, and I feel like this generation had so much promise and fell short in so many ways. From the presentation constantly changing and never being refined, to one feature being added one year and instead of being polished, gets taken out the next year or untouched.

I bought M13 this year and got bored with it in just a few weeks. I skipped M12, thinking that would help, but the game just gets boring. It's not even about EA having the license and blah blah blah. It's about them making momentum with their game because of great gameplay, not a cover vote or promised new feature.

# 94 dcal @ 04/06/13 02:02 PM
Lighting looks great, than again Madden on this generation of consoles has never had a problem looking pretty in the screen shots. It has always been the pretty girl(graphics) with no brains(gameplay).

# 95 kjcheezhead @ 04/06/13 02:48 PM
The problem is that the ball carrier is just part of why he running game is bad. Eliminating the zig/zag running will at least make the running plays look better but the line play is the problem.

Will the line flow in the direction of the run or will it be another year of grabbing a fast back and racing to the edge?

Will you be able to actually read a block and tell if you should have gone inside or outside of a block instead of having the lineman release the defender when you get close?

Will 1 and 2 man rush defense be effective because 3-4 lineman will do nothing or will it be addressed in some way?

The information about the ball carrier improvements isn't any better than locomotion was for Madden 11. It doesn't mean an improvement to the overall game at all.

# 96 kjcheezhead @ 04/06/13 03:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I don't believe any of that stuff with regard to pass blocking will be addressed in M25. That said, MAYBE, the silver lining is that with the new run blocking, draw plays and general runs will be far more effective against dropping extra defenders into coverage. At least there is potentially more realistic risk reward there than before, so a two man pass rush with 9 defenders dropping into coverage, should be highly susceptible to the run.
This is the obvious fix to the defense known as "fag" defense to me. A quick button press that "tells" the offensive lineman to run block for the qb when you see it. Instead right now the lineman stay behind the line of scrimmage doing nothing even after the qb takes off.

Again, it's all about line play fixes. Having the qb do realistic cuts in the open field doesn't change the reason why that defense is so effective against passing plays and qb scrambling. It just makes the game look better.

# 97 CM Hooe @ 04/06/13 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Yeah that would be nice, like pushing up on the right stick resulted in a QB keeper. I wonder, are the quick audibles mapped to the right stick still in the game? I remember in one Madden or another this gen the QB could call a quick audible, changing the direction of the run, make it a quick pass or change a pass into a hand offup the middle. I haven't played M13 since Oct and it's like I forgot so much about it, due to trauma likely, lol.
The "quick audibles" (run, quick pass, deep pass, playaction pass) are still in the game, but I don't think they are mapped to the right stick. I honestly haven't tried to use the right stick to call audibles, however, because the quick audibles are now the default options in the first layer of the audible menu; user-set audibles now reserved for a second layer of that interface (press X / Square while viewing the audible interface to access user audibles).

Pre-play Playmaker control still exists on running plays, hitting left / right on the right thumbstick will flip most runs.

# 98 hanzsomehanz @ 04/06/13 04:03 PM
In the NCAA 14 sizzler, I caught this whiff from Vic Lugo - Gameplay Designer for both Madden and NCAA

" we have added tonnes of new jukes.. you can now juke left/right and juke out jukes, you can even back juke..."

This is not a good sign of things to come for Madden as this is the same horses mouth that said the new Infinity engine of M13 would eliminate canned animations nor would no two animations be alike.

We all know he did not deliver on his word in M13 and here he is again non chalantly false advertising. It cant be good when you continue to blatantly lie about your products history and capacity just to get initial buy ins.

New jukes.. you can now juke left or right or even juke out of jukes.. you can even back juke.. really? This is new to the series?

Check the 1:00 to 1:25 frame of the sizzler for his snippet

Before you get caught up in the "run free" feature, remember the run to daylight days and the inroduction of these very same full control run features.

This marketing tells me that EA Football is continuing to market to newcommers and solidifies why the games continue to resist maturing their existing featues.

EA Football would rather rince and repeat the cycle to the next wave of gamers who will see these featues as refreshing while the loyalists are stalemated by having no other legacy licensed football game to play.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

# 99 Smoke6 @ 04/06/13 06:49 PM
Hanz and KJ hits the nails on the head!

None of this matters to the overall foundation of the game thats been the same since the PS2 era. Another year of re-introducing old gameplay mechanics that "are a part" of the game already and should have never been anywhere else but in the current games we have always had.

These marketing lines are getting obnoxious with the rehashes for the young casual crowd who wouldnt know any better. Madden doesnt deserve this type of treatment, who would have ever thought we would have a football game with half or less of the elements that this sport really has!

# 100 hanzsomehanz @ 04/06/13 07:30 PM
Its not even so much that the lies are so overt but even if he covered up the dirt or simply omitted these controls as new features the truth would still be out on the verdict.

Its the fact that the company is so wishy washy that causes them to blunder. They think they are too big to fall but even the storied archangel who wanted to take over the kingdom even he was cast down.

I dont see the consumers being the ones who control their demise I see them falling into their own ditches like NBA Elite and like the Sims.

EA will continue to collapse under their own weight and not by a shortage of consumer demand but by their own greed and perhaps even their own self-righteousness.

This milking the cat process went sour a long time ago with consumers and they are still up to their same ways - its the sins of their fathers.. dont matter who the new leadership is it is all the same offspring.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.