Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

NCAA Football 14 will see the introduction of the Infinity Engine, EA football's real time physics engine as well as a new feature called the 'Force Impact System'. The infinity engine will be ported over from Madden and improved somewhat over the Madden NFL 13 version, giving NCAA it's first taste of real time physics in the series' history.

The Force Impact System seems meaningful as well, with new physics introduced to the running game which accounts for weight, speed, and more when changing direction. This should eliminate the 'swerve' running within the game, as it requires players to decelerate when making sharp turns. There will be improved stiff arms and line play with the new physics, and improved blocking AI which I was told was completely overhauled. NCAA 14 also will feature a new speed burst which will trigger automatically when you get into the open field.

I will have more on all of these features as I polish up an article from a recent interview I did with EJ Manual, former Florida State QB. Expect that to hit by early afternoon!

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 kbomb1upc @ 04/03/13 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
ESPN has a great preview on the the game, The option is strongly emphasized this year. Just google NCAA football 14 and it should be near the top of the page.
I just read it. Man it sounds really promising. He's the link for lazy people http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=playbooktech&id=4526&src=desktop.

# 22 chen_sc @ 04/03/13 10:53 AM
Ok, good news.
Let's hope that the full playbook will be released later this day by ea.

# 23 khaliib @ 04/03/13 11:01 AM
Reserved, very reserved until I can see these injections in action.
Especially the Line Play, since we've heard about improvements for the last 7 yrs now.

We shall see....

# 24 NikeBlitz @ 04/03/13 11:02 AM
Option play, AI, blocking, footplanting, physics ...

What is EA thinking ? Where is my HDR Xeon Predator lighting ?

# 25 Tyler_Bullard @ 04/03/13 11:14 AM
Improved line play is the biggest for me I can't wait to hear more about it.

# 26 johnnyboi08 @ 04/03/13 11:20 AM
Take away run commit and we might have ourselves a game here.

# 27 theharbinater @ 04/03/13 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
It does say for ball carriers, I'm assuming that includes WR's, TE's, defensive turn-overs, etc....
seems promising, at least they are working in the right areas.

but it needs to be for ALL positions at ALL times, regardless if they have the ball or not. hopefully it is.

# 28 theharbinater @ 04/03/13 11:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbomb1upc
I just read it. Man it sounds really promising. He's the link for lazy people http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/b...26&src=desktop.
thanks.

link for non-mobile users

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tec...t-look-preview

# 29 AndrewGW88 @ 04/03/13 11:26 AM
Gotta say...I really hope all these things work as advertised. If so this game will be amazing.

# 30 Knight9299 @ 04/03/13 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGW88
Gotta say...I really hope all these things work as advertised. If so this game will be amazing.
I agree IF the following things didn't get overlooked:

-DBs freezing on options plays.
-That hideous coverage adjustment for zone that was put in last year is fixed
-the CPU actually sets up its depth charts correct
-cover 2 logic is corrected.
-psychic play calling is fixed.

I am very intrigued by the ability to call plays based on personnel, instead of formations.

# 31 Cardot @ 04/03/13 12:06 PM
It sounds great. And hopefully they don't break anything else that actually works.....not that they have ever done that.

# 32 rspencer86 @ 04/03/13 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
SOMEWHAT refined Madden 13 infinity engine...hmmm
Yeah, we don't need a "somewhat" refined Infinity Engine, we need a "significantly improved" one. The IE in Madden was a laughingstock, made the game look silly with all of the tripping and falling and getting tackled by your own players.

Real-time physics is the right direction, but not if it plays like an alpha version like it did in M13.

# 33 trashman @ 04/03/13 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Yeah, we don't need a "somewhat" refined Infinity Engine, we need a "significantly improved" one. The IE in Madden was a laughingstock, made the game look silly with all of the tripping and falling and getting tackled by your own players.

Real-time physics is the right direction, but not if it plays like an alpha version like it did in M13.
I know it had it's silly moments, but I will NEVER criticize Madden or NCAA for making an improvement like that. It's no wonder they hardly add anything to the game, because when they do all people do is tell them how its ****ty and needs improvements. You have to take the good with the bad when it's a first version of anything. I've seen some beautiful catches, cut backs, and new moments in madden this year that kept the gameplay feeling fresh. Everything just feel scripted in NCAA and I can't stand it.

# 34 TuscanSota @ 04/03/13 12:50 PM
I'm glad the running game is getting some fixes, and that the NCAA series is getting the physics engine; but I have yet to hear about what they are doing with the rest of the game.

# 35 Cowboy008 @ 04/03/13 01:05 PM
I just read the ESPN article and it looks very promising.

# 36 Reed1417 @ 04/03/13 01:19 PM
Color me intrigued.

# 37 The_Gaming_Disciple @ 04/03/13 02:04 PM
From the video I still see suction tackling...

# 38 TDenverFan @ 04/03/13 02:33 PM
The running backs avoiding your OLine is a great add. Seems they added stuff to appeal to both the hardcore and casual gamers.

# 39 DATPUCKINGGUY2 @ 04/03/13 02:36 PM
I always complain, but I get caught up in the new adjustments. As a teen I use to be a super fanatic, but now that I am much older, I just enjoy playing it now and then and hope that EA makes the game as real as possible, but hey it is all man made which is never perfect and subject to flaws.

# 40 DJ @ 04/03/13 02:39 PM
It always sounds good this time of the year. The true test will be gameplay videos and a playable demo.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.