Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

NCAA Football 14 will see the introduction of the Infinity Engine, EA football's real time physics engine as well as a new feature called the 'Force Impact System'. The infinity engine will be ported over from Madden and improved somewhat over the Madden NFL 13 version, giving NCAA it's first taste of real time physics in the series' history.

The Force Impact System seems meaningful as well, with new physics introduced to the running game which accounts for weight, speed, and more when changing direction. This should eliminate the 'swerve' running within the game, as it requires players to decelerate when making sharp turns. There will be improved stiff arms and line play with the new physics, and improved blocking AI which I was told was completely overhauled. NCAA 14 also will feature a new speed burst which will trigger automatically when you get into the open field.

I will have more on all of these features as I polish up an article from a recent interview I did with EJ Manual, former Florida State QB. Expect that to hit by early afternoon!

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 LambertandHam @ 04/03/13 04:12 PM
Sounds alright, will wait for the demo to see if I'll skip it like last year.

# 42 MsuGaige @ 04/03/13 05:54 PM
I like what I see. I'm definitely excited, but I really wanna see changes to dynasty mode along with teambuilder. That would make it great in my opinion

# 43 BiggestKJ @ 04/03/13 05:57 PM
I hope the force impact system applies to all 22 players on the field. It would be bogus to have only the ball carrier limit to real physics and have defender moving at arcade physics.

# 44 moylan1234 @ 04/03/13 06:39 PM
Big that's a great read and I really like what he said about playing D with the new speed boost
Quote:
However, no one has really talked about what this means for a defender. During my time with the game, I spent a lot of time playing the linebacker positions and baiting a HB into a hole only to use the burst mechanic to meet him at the LOS. Safeties can use the burst to break on passes such as posts and get to the ball/receiver.
might deserve it's own thread theres a lot of good info there

# 45 LastExit @ 04/03/13 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trashman
I know it had it's silly moments, but I will NEVER criticize Madden or NCAA for making an improvement like that. It's no wonder they hardly add anything to the game, because when they do all people do is tell them how its ****ty and needs improvements. You have to take the good with the bad when it's a first version of anything. I've seen some beautiful catches, cut backs, and new moments in madden this year that kept the gameplay feeling fresh. Everything just feel scripted in NCAA and I can't stand it.
I wouldn't criticize EA for making an improvement like that either, but there is a point to be made in the difference between releasing a mature improvement versus releasing one that isn't and takes a few years before it doesn't include the comedy of 5 players falling over each other and so on.

IMHO, they should have sat on the infinity engine for Madden and waited until it was solid and ready to be included in the game. Hearing that NCAA got a refined physics engine gives me hope, but one of the things that NCAA has gotten right has been catching and tackling animations. Again, I'm all for the physics engine improvement but not if there are still major bugs that need to be worked out....that is, obvious stuff like players falling all over each other.

As the EA guy said, no game will be perfect but there's a difference between a few rough edges and something that is introduced to a game that makes you think - "Wow, this new feature holds a lot of promise but man, does it need work."

# 46 SteelerSpartan @ 04/03/13 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I don't think that's correct Slick, an EAGC goes more into detail about it here;
http://forums.traditionsportsonline....l-means.97433/
The pocket/pass rush info better be coming soon

# 47 darren1024 @ 04/04/13 08:52 AM
Remember that this is still a WIP guys. With the infinity engine now in, does weight actually matter for OL? Will height come into play for WR/CB interaction? And why no mention of any defensive improvements?

# 48 WFColonel56 @ 04/04/13 09:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1024
Remember that this is still a WIP guys. With the infinity engine now in, does weight actually matter for OL? Will height come into play for WR/CB interaction? And why no mention of any defensive improvements?
Height has been meaningful for WR/CBs in EA Football games since the dawn of time....If two things have been the most meaningful in EA Football games it is speed and height.

# 49 tanchl @ 04/05/13 10:26 AM
How about penalties, I still believe it to be disappointing that a modern day football game can not have a true representation of penalties. Without this fundamental feature, I couldn't care less about Infinity Engine 2.0.

# 50 Ziza9Noles94 @ 04/05/13 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanchl
How about penalties, I still believe it to be disappointing that a modern day football game can not have a true representation of penalties. Without this fundamental feature, I couldn't care less about Infinity Engine 2.0.
I can't remember the last time I've seen a PI call.

# 51 TJO5551 @ 04/05/13 09:06 PM
Looks impressive. I will definitely keep my eye on '14.

# 52 Valdarez @ 04/08/13 03:37 AM
Force Impact System Technology? FIST! heh

Seriously, this sounds like Locomotion 2.0, which is something EA Sports hasn't been able to get right since beginning trying with Madden 10. I'm all for it if they can get it right and make it work with their gameplay engine. It's really what the game needs, but their track record is less than stellar in that department, and my confidence that their developers can get it right is even lower.

# 53 JMD @ 04/08/13 07:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I just hope the players aren't all loose and spastic looking like in Madden 13. Due to that it was probably the least realistic looking Madden game this gen.

I did like that warping was really toned down though.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2
Agreed, I also hope they players don't fall all over each other they way they do in madden 13. It looks ridiculous. I'm not holding my breath. Personally I think this infinity engine ruined Madden football. The ragdoll physics with players tripping over each other just doesn't work.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.