Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

NCAA FOOTBALL 14 KICKS OFF FIRST GAME DETAILS

Play True to Your Team with Physics-Based Gameplay, Enhanced Dynasty and the Introduction of Ultimate Team

Today Electronic Arts Inc., revealed the first details of the upcoming NCAA football game, set to launch on Tuesday, July 9. EA SPORTS™ NCAA® Football 14, will unlock the unpredictability and innovation of college football with the introduction of real-time physics tuned with the collegiate game in mind plus new Dynasty experiences and the inclusion of Ultimate Team.

“This year marks the greatest leap forward in a generation for the NCAA Football franchise,” said Randy Chase, Marketing Director for EA SPORTS. “The inclusion of the Infinity Engine and several new gameplay features make this year’s game feel incredibly fresh and authentic, and the introduction of Ultimate Team will give fans the chance to take the field with some of the most well-known players of all time.”

Today EA SPORTS released the first producer video for NCAA Football 14.

New to NCAA Football 14 is the introduction of Infinity Engine 2, which unlocks the unpredictability and innovation of college football with the introduction of real-time physics and the new force impact system. The new engine creates a fresh experience, and opens up opportunities for user-controlled stumble recoveries and hard cuts. Furthermore, the force impact system enhances the power of truck moves and the Hit Stick, and creates more realistic and dynamic reactions when a runner attempts to stiff-arm a defender.

A renewed focus on the college-style option game allows you to play true to your team with over 30 new option types, all optimized for a true college football experience. Utilize the Spread Option, Zone Read and more to stymie defenses and put big points on the board. NCAA Football 14 highlights key defenders before the snap so fans can read their movements to know when to handoff, pitch or keep the ball. Play Action Option plays have also been evolved to make it easier than ever to fake the run, set up the throw and burn overly-aggressive defenders.

Additional information on NCAA Football 14 Playbooks will be released on the following dates:

Presentation (to be released 4/18) – NCAA Football 14 gets you closer to the action than ever before and tells the story of every game. Feel the drama of college football from a whole-new perspective.

NCAA Football Ultimate Team (to be released 5/15) – The much-beloved mode comes to the college game, allowing you to build up an unstoppable team.

Dynasty (to be released 5/28) – There’s no single path to success in college football, so build up your program into a powerhouse to fit your strengths and style of play by utilizing the brand-new Coach Skills.

Play a Season (to be released 6/17) – Focus purely on the on-field action and take your favorite team to a bowl game.

Experience a whole new game in NCAA Football 14 with the introduction of real-time physics and the Force Impact system. Gameplay has also been tuned with the college game in mind, with special attention paid to collegiate staples like the Spread Option offense.
  • Physics - The new and improved Infinity Engine 2 comes to NCAA Football, bringing with it renewed authenticity and enhanced realism.

• Stumble Recovery - Fight gravity as you scramble for extra yards. Utilize the right control stick to try and regain your feet or lunge forward for that extra yard.

• Force Impact Trucking and Hitting - Feel the power of physics as runners bowl over defenders or tacklers make a big hit on the ball carrier, all driven by the new Force Impact system. Also, utilize improved stiff-arms that take size and strength into consideration.

• Running Game Improvements - The introduction of physics offers a suite of improvements to the running game, including hard run cutting for direction changes, improved run blocking and a new acceleration burst that lets you get around the corner or through the hole and into the open field.

• Option Offense - Play true to your team with over 20 new option types, all optimized for a true college football experience. Utilize the Spread Option, Zone Read and more to stymie defenses and put big points on the board. Highlight key defenders before the snap and read their movement after to know when to pitch the ball and when to keep it.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 ch46647 @ 04/05/13 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simfballcritic
Thanks Fam. Yeah man, that's the way I'm feeling. I think what's going on now is they are making adjustments to the core gameplay enging they have now, but not recoding. I can understand why, stuff like that takes a while to do. Still no excuse though, but I can understand what's happening. I said all along that EA SPORTS needs to show a change in direction before they can leap forward, these building blocks goes along with my statement. I'm expecting to see the under the hood stuff addressed on next gen.
Just watched your video, and I am really hoping you are correct. I have been saying for years that the developers are limited to the horrible foundation (engine) that Madden 06 was built on. I think they have had leadership and directional issues as well, but the game as a whole is held back from the foundation that Madden 06 for next-gen is built on.

I really hope that they are pouring a ton of resources into the next-gen Madden. I just pray that they do not make that same mistake again. They need to build a LEGIT football game engine, and layer some of these strides they have been making over the last few years on top. (And 10X more)

Personally, I have lost all hope in this current engine and them putting "lip stick on a pig" per say. However, I have not lost faith in these developers, and hopefully they are building a masterpiece of an engine for PS4/XBOX 720. I am excited to see what they can do once they get the training wheel taken off (current engine) and can develop on more solid ground.

I hope, and expect, after these last 8 years of (IMO) horrible football gaming. That when they finally reveal the next-gen Madden, we will all be completely wow'd, just like many of us were in that Next-Gen teaser video in 2006.

# 142 ch46647 @ 04/05/13 02:14 PM
Also, I would be very dissapointed if we get a shell of a game, like Madden 06 was, for the first iteration of Madden on the XBOX 720/PS4. I think many people have the misperception that the first game of a console generation is bare bones. I do not feel that way at all, sure Madden 06 was, but I remember the first iteration of Madden on PS2 (2001?) was AMAZING for its time.

I think Madden 06' and this last generation of consoles was more of an anomaly then an industry standard.

My .02 cents.

# 143 simfballcritic @ 04/05/13 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
Also, I would be very dissapointed if we get a shell of a game, like Madden 06 was, for the first iteration of Madden on the XBOX 720/PS4. I think many people have the misperception that the first game of a console generation is bare bones. I do not feel that way at all, sure Madden 06 was, but I remember the first iteration of Madden on PS2 (2001?) was AMAZING for its time.

I think Madden 06' and this last generation of consoles was more of an anomaly then an industry standard.

My .02 cents.
Read both of your comments and I'm with you all the way, couldn't agree more. I been telling that they can't have the same situation as Madden 06 when they drop on the new consoles, I tell them all the time the reason I bought a 360 was because of that trailer. I will never forget that, my who quest for simulation stems from that situation. I might make a video about that actually. Good comments man!

# 144 ch46647 @ 04/05/13 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simfballcritic
Read both of your comments and I'm with you all the way, couldn't agree more. I been telling that they can't have the same situation as Madden 06 when they drop on the new consoles, I tell them all the time the reason I bought a 360 was because of that trailer. I will never forget that, my who quest for simulation stems from that situation. I might make a video about that actually. Good comments man!
100% co-sign. Here is to hoping

# 145 jeremym480 @ 04/05/13 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMan
Wow, what a troll. I'm done. You are a good sim gamer from what I've seen, and probably better at the game then I am, but your misguided man. Mullets? Really? There are so many problems with this game. Mullets? WOW.
There's an art team and there's a game play team. So just because they add different hair styles doesn't necessarily mean that they took any dev time from the game play team to add them. However, I do agree that in the grand scheme long hair styles are far down on the priority list. Personally though, I would like to see them added.

#nomulletsnopeace

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

# 146 BuckeyeFan031 @ 04/05/13 04:43 PM
i might get back into NCAA just because of this gameplay

# 147 roadman @ 04/05/13 07:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
I would think they would put more effort towards the next-gen NCAA Football while slightly improving/putting less time and effort towards this current gen one while slowly making it obsolete in a few years. EA knows the bugs, they don't need us to test them out, unless its online. An extra year will give them time to fix more of them.
They still need to lay a solid foundation to transition into NG, don't you agree?

# 148 Eski33 @ 04/05/13 08:10 PM
Looks like the lighting is more realistic and minimal jaggies. The game looks awesome. Cannot wait.

# 149 aerovt @ 04/05/13 11:23 PM
-whats the point of this "acceleration burst" if just using the left stick has you instantly accelerate anywhere anyways? Unless they're finally re-re-reimplementing (for realz this time guys!) momentum and acceleration?
-running still looks goofy
-none of this will matter much if the line play is still messed up
-defense. It would be nice if it came out of hibernation for this game
-excited to see the Infinity engine make it to NCAA this year, hopefully worked out some of the bugs that were in Madden from last year.

# 150 dcal @ 04/06/13 01:39 PM
That looks better than previous years but I wont be getting any football games for my Xbox 360 this year. I am waiting for the new consoles.

# 151 PVarck31 @ 04/06/13 04:12 PM
Alright, lets take it easy. Watch the personal shots and the condescending posts.

# 152 burter @ 04/06/13 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
kinda disappointed in my fellow os'ers. this trailer is trash. nothing about it looked good or realistic. i am def not buying. yet most of the replies on this thread are of excitement? what have we become where that gets u excited. that is recycled technology being used from games up to 9 years old!!

what made me proud was reading ppls comments bout this on youtube. they really expressed their frustration in more graphic ways that are allowed here.
I kind of have to agree with you on this one. I'm kind of beside myself with the excitement of a lot of you, when a few months ago it was nothing of the short. I understand everyone want's the game to be good-great, but I really see nothing different in this game other than the IE that was in madden.

I hope more comes from other videos, but nothing in this excited me at all. If you want realistic foot planting, copy madden 10. I still to this day don't understand why they don't copy that. This ice skating stuff just has to go.

And the excuse of it being on an old console system has got to go. There are wayyyy too many games on these consoles that have pushed their games to the limit and gotten way better out of it. Ncaa/Madden are probably 60-70% pushing it right now. They aren't near the max of what they can do. But hey that is my opinion, but that what it seems like.

# 153 johnnyg713 @ 04/06/13 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by burter
I kind of have to agree with you on this one. I'm kind of beside myself with the excitement of a lot of you, when a few months ago it was nothing of the short. I understand everyone want's the game to be good-great, but I really see nothing different in this game other than the IE that was in madden.

I hope more comes from other videos, but nothing in this excited me at all. If you want realistic foot planting, copy madden 10. I still to this day don't understand why they don't copy that. This ice skating stuff just has to go.

And the excuse of it being on an old console system has got to go. There are wayyyy too many games on these consoles that have pushed their games to the limit and gotten way better out of it. Ncaa/Madden are probably 60-70% pushing it right now. They aren't near the max of what they can do. But hey that is my opinion, but that what it seems like.
I respect your opinion. This year it seems they are making a lot of improvements to gameplay. The reason I play games are because of the gameplay. Fifa and NHL both have addicting gameplay and this year it seems NCAA is really taking elements from both games and implementing them into their game.

Sure the running animations don't look great but I personally don't pause the game and watch instant replays to analyze footwork. I don't see why this bothers people so much. My advice is to play the game and see how the new running mechanic feels. If it feels right and the cutting feels natural then who cares what the animation looks like.

# 154 DorianDonP @ 04/06/13 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyg713
I respect your opinion. This year it seems they are making a lot of improvements to gameplay. The reason I play games are because of the gameplay. Fifa and NHL both have addicting gameplay and this year it seems NCAA is really taking elements from both games and implementing them into their game.

Sure the running animations don't look great but I personally don't pause the game and watch instant replays to analyze footwork. I don't see why this bothers people so much. My advice is to play the game and see how the new running mechanic feels. If it feels right and the cutting feels natural then who cares what the animation looks like.
You don't have to pause the game to see the awful animations. It literally plays out for you every single play. It's 2013. I don't see how people are still giving it a pass.

# 155 mtoo22 @ 04/07/13 03:34 AM
It's just so sickening to me that last gen was sooooo much better!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

# 156 doctorhay53 @ 04/07/13 12:30 PM
Video is unimpressive to me. The cuts are not very fluid and the trucking looks kind of silly and unphysical.

# 157 carnalnirvana @ 04/07/13 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I feel johnny though, EA football games animations just haven't been very good this console gen and that ain't going to change. I have been willing to settle for stuff, like player movement, penalties, interactions, etc, to at least be represented in the game, in spite of being poorly animated. I went on Youtube at watched some video on Madden's animations and all I could do is smh, you have no choice but to give them a pass this gen after seeing something like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCl7xJJdPzE

Why would anyone need to be told that this is a poor animation, let alone it actually being showcased and making into the game?
because the only football the animators have seen or know came from watching ncaa 09,10, 11 so you go in thinking how can i add to this, its like practicing bad technique, yeah you are improving but you are becoming better at being bad

bugs aside 13 is a tech marvel under the hood if you are a programmer, but when its time to replicate football it fails because no one building it understands football.

and this is so obvious when you look at the unis, accessories etc, its the attention to detail thats lacking, getting some arm bands arm sleeves right does not require writing a new code or beta testing or 2 production meetings..

# 158 Bama man 42 @ 04/07/13 03:45 PM
I realize its early , but with all the talk being about the spread , spread option , and option in general I was wondering if there is any good news for us pro style guys ? Such as , will playaction work this year ?

# 159 Gap Integrity @ 04/07/13 04:52 PM
That youtube video makes me a sad panda...

# 160 SageInfinite @ 04/07/13 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Stixx
I cringed looking at the video posted by Big FN Deal, it's was quite terrible. They have the funds to bring in actual players to motion cap, but they put their own guys in those suits to capture them seriously? The guy playing the offensive linemen doesn't even move like a one, same with the one playing the defensive linemen. So it has me rethinking are the problems really tied to the engine or is the lack luster patchwork animations, because it's really go me thinking its the animation cause back then they actually brought in players.
I remember they didn't think to have an animation for QB's to walk up to get under center, so Ian went in and did the walk up animation . I mean sometimes it does seem like these guys are clueless.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.