Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

Machinima Sports have posted this NCAA Football 14 video interview with Ben Haumiller, as he goes over Infinity Engine 2.0, force impact system, the option (spread), personnel based play-calling, acceleration burst, defensive breakdowns and more.

Not a whole lot here that wasn't discussed elsewhere, but new defensive breakdown feature is briefly discussed by Ben Haumiller towards the end of the video.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 Gotmadskillzson @ 04/03/13 04:12 PM
More talk is needed on defensive break down EA.

# 2 TripleCrown9 @ 04/03/13 04:18 PM
Lol Notre Dame's helmets are still horrible.

# 3 Xero Theory 42 @ 04/03/13 04:22 PM
that last image the Vtech defender numbers were backwards. That was a little glitch last year

# 4 tbennett54 @ 04/03/13 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero Theory 42
that last image the Vtech defender numbers were backwards. That was a little glitch last year
That clip was backwards

# 5 Scrapps @ 04/03/13 04:42 PM
I'm sure Ben's a great guy and all, but how he's still running the NCAA ship, I have no idea.

# 6 BV11 @ 04/03/13 04:49 PM
At 2:04 the RB takes the handoff and immediately turns right without cutting.

And at 2:06-2:07 the RB is doing EXACTLY what Ben says RB's wont do this year RIGHT when it plays. He is gliding around...

# 7 CT Pitbull @ 04/03/13 04:52 PM
how do you hype the speed burst? i dont know but they just tried to do so. oh well maybe next gen will be better or someone else will step up and make a football game. i dont know if its this gen or this game but even with infinity a year late i might add im just not feelin it ..AT ALL, its a shame too because a football game with 120+ teams to choose from would have sooooo much potential. it just looks and feels stale to me and again this is only my opinion. its just really hard to play a game like nba2k13 and then try to play a recent football game afterwards. Its like going back to the origal xbox when i pop that football game in. It sucks because i would so much rather play a game of video game football for hours over basketball or baseball but the quality from gameplay, graphics, presentation(announcers/stat overlays etc), and features is just not even in the same ballpark. hell they are not even in the same GALAXY. again just my opinion

# 8 slickkill77 @ 04/03/13 05:28 PM
The GT qb's hand is warping into the ball the whole time he is running

# 9 cparrish @ 04/03/13 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
Which means Colorado's won't look any better

# 10 Gap Integrity @ 04/03/13 06:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleCrown9
But they do have adidas gloves. lol

# 11 AndyAndAj32 @ 04/04/13 05:56 AM
Can they really not program a equipment probably system into the game or is that against the law due to player likeness? Im just fed with having to spend a good 2-3 hours adjusting a team.

And EA please tell me why the you must have a good 5-6 players from a team each wearing the jagged 2 bar and the goofy peyton manning/ Fitzgerald face mask?

# 12 scottyo60 @ 04/04/13 08:30 AM
Gotta love the new right trigger speed burst... Lol (sarcasm) some of that stuff looks and sounds really good.

# 13 roadman @ 04/04/13 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
Gotta love the new right trigger speed burst... Lol (sarcasm) some of that stuff looks and sounds really good.
You do know the trigger speed burst is tied into fatigue? The more you use it, the more your player becomes fatigued?

# 14 scottyo60 @ 04/04/13 11:38 AM
That's fine but if you've turned auto accelerate off then this doesn't do much than add the fatigue meter. Which your player got tired last year anyway.

# 15 jello1717 @ 04/04/13 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
That's fine but if you've turned auto accelerate off then this doesn't do much than add the fatigue meter. Which your player got tired last year anyway.
The only thing fatigue did in previous games was to make guys sit out plays. It didn't affect how fast they were on the field like it will now. This is pretty HUGE.

# 16 WFColonel56 @ 04/04/13 12:03 PM
Why would you take this info at 100% face value that it will work as intended?

I hope it works as intended. I really want it tow work as intended. But I am not getting my hopes up all the way that it will work as intended.

This fatigue thing cant be taken at face value until there are full game videos shown.

# 17 roadman @ 04/04/13 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56

I hope it works as intended. I really want it tow work as intended. But I am not getting my hopes up all the way that it will work as intended.

This fatigue thing cant be taken at face value until there are full game videos shown.
Who's taken this info at 100% face value?

Isn't it true with most things people own, try before you buy.

I want it to work too, but I won't know until I try the demo.

# 18 Strategizer @ 04/04/13 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFColonel56

Until we can see it in action people will discuss it as if it works as advertised. If you don't, why bother discussing it at all?

# 19 GruffyMcGuiness @ 04/04/13 01:13 PM
Why is Tech wearing the uniforms we wore in 2011?

# 20 Pezell04x @ 04/04/13 01:43 PM
Unfortunately I can't take anything that Ben says seriously after everything he was that was going to be in 13 wasn't.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.