Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

Check out the newest NCAA Football 14 screenshot.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 balljonesjr @ 04/10/13 12:55 PM
Just once I'd like to get on here and read nothing but positive comments .... But then I look at the picture and think hmph they're right.

# 22 khaliib @ 04/10/13 01:24 PM
#99 reveals that the "Hunch-Back" running is still there, which points to the fact that even with the Infinity 2.0, as others have mentioned, the game will be founded on animations canned/chained together.

Even in still photo's, there is many telling signs that much of the old will out weight the little new.

Not even looking like he's running different with Infinity (Physics Based...) foundation.
Same Hunched-glide 3 yrds a step perception.

You would think they would be really trying to market with "many" video's the Infinity and all it's luster compared to it's previous versions if there was really a drastic change.

"Patty-cake, patty-cake, baker's hands, roll'em up, roll'em up, through'em in the pan!!!"

Just so telling..., really!

# 23 cuttingteeth @ 04/10/13 01:29 PM
In the background, too, there is another Miami Lineman just standing there and isn't upfield at the second level making a block.

# 24 bpac55 @ 04/10/13 01:48 PM
How many years with the same Nike Vapor Jets now? We don't even get the reverse color combo that players have been wearing for 3 years now...no one wears them in the color style they use anymore...ugh their screen shots just depress me

# 25 mm boost @ 04/10/13 01:49 PM
anyone notice that James Gayle (#99) has both Maroon and Orange colored accessories on? Does this mean that EA is adding the ability for us to have primary and secondary accessory options this year? I sure hope so. They took out VT's burgandy accessory color in NCAA 11, and have had orange the last 2 years.

# 26 COACH WEBB @ 04/10/13 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
Duke Johnson # 8 doing what he does best, running away from non-FSU defenders.
Agreed........

# 27 UH53 @ 04/10/13 03:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lost1
grass field and no one is dirty. 4 years and we cant get dirty white uniforms. Takes away from the game so much. please fix this year ea.
Keep repeating cause it definitely needs to be addressed! Like Cowboy008 said Madden did a good job with this.... Actually they did an excellent job with this. From field turf getting slight rubber pellet stains, more realistic grass (not mud) stains, and actual mud or snow on the players skin! I really don't see why they don't use Maddens art team and just put college uniforms on! They really need the help! Madden also did a great job with the lighting in 13.... Night games were the best that I've seen in a while. The CCM was a joke and the editing issues that came along after the patch were horrendous but I gotta give credit where credit is due and they got it right with the art direction.

# 28 Official_Mole @ 04/10/13 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by XxJustAguessxX
I have a prediction.......this year game will disappoint sales wise. I think the community is wising up and not going to take EA putting average at best games. I hope this game will be good but the track record doesn't show enough growth in my opinion.
I will agree that NCAA 11 to 12 to 13 did not show much improvement to Gameplay.

I feel NCAA Football 14 will be a different year based on the fact that were starting to see more done to the general engine and core gameplay.

I know its hard for people to judge by screens and early videos but IMO, having played the game I have seen more progression in development than in years past.

Now I will point out that some of the screens and videos have shown things that I too want to see addressed. Such as in the Oregon clip with #6 running, the Defense looks to have poor pursuit angles. Or in the screenshot at the beginning of the thread, we see #98 in a block animation when the ball carrier is already 10 yards past him.

Things like this I want to see tuned/fixed before release. But in the overall spectrum of things, NCAA Football 14 shows more significant year-to-year improvements than we've seen in the past.

# 29 BBallcoach @ 04/10/13 04:12 PM
how do you guys know that its not the first quarter of the game? uniforms don't get dirty that early.... you just assume there isn't any jerseys getting dirty... It's a good assumption but you're basing this on a screen shot with no information given to you at what point of the game the screen was taken.

# 30 UH53 @ 04/10/13 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBallcoach
how do you guys know that its not the first quarter of the game? uniforms don't get dirty that early.... you just assume there isn't any jerseys getting dirty... It's a good assumption but you're basing this on a screen shot with no information given to you at what point of the game the screen was taken.
You also have to take into consideration last years game, the year before, and the year before! With this history a screenshot should be dissected if you want to "invest" in a game that has let a lot of people down for years. We all want EA to put their best foot forward and not have to keep our fingers crossed about things that have made themselves relevant in Madden (ie secondary colors and uniform degradation) and should be a part of the game with no questions asked.... But yet we still have to ask them!

# 31 BraveHeart @ 04/10/13 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Official_Mole
Hard for me to judge if its an animation broken tackle we've seen before or a cut move that ties in with the Infinity Engine 2.o

Also, plenty of time to fix the facemasks being to high up. I remember a Madden 13 screen shot with Eli Manning where the shoulder pads were way too high and they toned it down (the screenshot came out in may). So I don't think thats anything to worry about.
I would like to inform you that is a broken tackle animation that has been the game for at least a couple years. While I'm concerned that a "game changer" would have trouble spotting this immediately, I'm sure you have plenty of other information on the title and are working hard to improve the game.

# 32 richmondn96 @ 04/10/13 06:06 PM
The biggest problem I see is that the stripes and the numbers on the lineman's shoulder are stretching around his shoulder. Totally unrealistic.

# 33 GatorChomp1 @ 04/10/13 06:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
anyone notice that James Gayle (#99) has both Maroon and Orange colored accessories on? Does this mean that EA is adding the ability for us to have primary and secondary accessory options this year? I sure hope so. They took out VT's burgandy accessory color in NCAA 11, and have had orange the last 2 years.
I saw the same thing. I know a lot of people dont think its a big deal, but i would LOVE if we had primary and secondary options

# 34 smack23011 @ 04/10/13 07:03 PM
I'm still not feeling this game. Last year was a HUGE let down. I don't understand why they showed that video of the new run system but showed specifically the RB why not the line and the such. This pic isn't doing anything for me. Looks like the same graphics from last year which as stated before was a huge let down. Let 2k or MLB release pics and watch everyone be wowed. Next gen will hopefully be better.

# 35 J-Unit40 @ 04/10/13 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_philanthropy
The size of the ball looks better in this screen shot. Don't know if I'm imagining things though.
I was thinking the same.

Also, there appears to be Nike, Wilson and Under Armor footballs this year. Then again, did we have different brands of footballs in NCAA 13 too?

# 36 BV11 @ 04/10/13 09:34 PM

NCAA 11

NCAA 14

If you ignore the grass upgrade, what has really changed? 11 looks better to me.

# 37 Kramer5150 @ 04/11/13 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BV11
If you ignore the grass upgrade, what has really changed? 11 looks better to me.
The grass actually looks better in 11 to me...I'm so sick of seeing these "neon" fields,the color needs to be toned waaaaay down.

Hell,I just looked at Gamestops website,and NCAA 11 is only $3.49 for PS3 and $9.99 for the 360.
I may just make me a trip to gamestop... NCAA 11 was actually the last one I enjoyed.

Anybody have any recollection of 11? as far as issues...I can't really remember anymore ..lol

# 38 Ky3217 @ 04/11/13 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
which points to the fact that even with the Infinity 2.0, as others have mentioned, the game will be founded on animations canned/chained together.
As you said, that's all the IE is really. Just some physics slapped on top of some animations

# 39 mm boost @ 04/11/13 02:19 PM
One thing that I am just now putting my finger on after the guy above posted the 11 picture...it looks like EA made the colors more vibrant like they did in the Madden series. That was one of the best visual upgrades that Madden made in a long time that really changed the appearance of the game, and it looks like they may be carrying this over to NCAA.

# 40 cthurt @ 04/12/13 10:21 AM
After reading the comments about the new pics EA are posting it might be a good idea for them to post more pics with new equipment and cleats if there are any smh because at this point it looks like posted pics of NCAA 13.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.