Home
MLB 13 The Show News Post

Okay....here is the updated version of the O.S.F.M.

First...thank you again to everyone....seriously. Awesome job once again.

I'd like to also than Ripner for collecting the data to make changes to v2 and to Totte for implementing a lot of those changes to give me a good start!

Changes in V2
-there were some RP changed to SP due to them being in the rotation in AAA/AA
-there were some position changes due to players playing there...this includes primary position changes other than normal primary to accommodate these moves

Bal-created A. Baker 1b/OF replacing Connor Narron
Bal-created Z. Booker C replacing Brandon Waring
Bal-created Chris Robinson C replacing Jose Gil
Bal-C. Jackson 1B primary
Bal-Z Wheeler 3B primary
Bal- Ty Kelly 2B primary
Bal-Adde Mark Hendrickson(thanks to teeds!)

Bos-created A. Rosario C replacing A. Ibarra
Bos-Added B. Snyder
Bos-Diaz primary to 2B
Bos-Holt primary to SS
Bos-Linares primary to CF
Bos-Brentz primary to RF
Bos-add Jr. to Jackie Bradley

TB-created C. Sietzer replacing M. Sheridan
TB-Figueroa primary to 3B
TB-Fontenot primary to 3B

Tor-created Kevin Nolan replacing Kenan Bailli

ChiA-created Luis Durango replacing Stefan Cartrell
Chi-created Tyler Greene replacing Andy Gozalez

Cle-created A Lavisky C replacing D. Childs

KC-created Mat Fields
KC-created Angel Franco 2B replacing Luis Durango
KC-created Willy Taveras replacing C Testa

Minn-C Smith primary OF
Minn-created Rey Rodriguez replacing D. Romero
Minn-created Richardson replacing N. Roberts

Hou-created R. Sosa 2b replacing A. Simunic
Hou-created J. Meyer replacing A. Bailey
Hou-created J. Mier replacing B. Wikoff
Hou-M Kraus primary to 1B
Hou-added R Ruiz

LAA created J Grube SP
LAA-created RJ Alvarez RP
LAA-created Luis Rodriguez 2B replacing S Johnson
LAA-created R. Lopez OF replacing G. Mitchell

Oak-created L Montz C replacing G. Daley
Oak created A. Alliotta 1b replacing D Robinson
Oak-created J. Barfield RF replacing J. Whitaker

Sea-added R Poythress
Sea-added J. Dunigan
(some other changes...all thanks to seanjeezy)

Tex-created R Feierbrand SP replacing Fulton
Tex-created T Telis C replacing J. Apodaca
Tex- created CH Chiang OF replacing J Prince
Tex -created O. Herrera SS repacing M. Smith

Atl-created I Thomas RP replacing J. Lugo
Atl-created C Wemberley OF replacing A Milligan
Atl-created C. Merrerro 1b replacing B. Friday

Mia-created R Morey SP replacing Z. Neal
Mia-created M. Neil SP replacing D. Self
Mia-created J. Jefferies C replacing K Skipworth
Mia-created B Lasath 1b replacing D. Webb

NYN-created L Verritt replacing M Koch
NYN-created T. Pill replacing M Bowman
NYN-created C Huchingson replacing R Fraser
NYN-created R. Adams replacing J Boyd
NYN-created E Campbell replaing D. Lawley

Wash-M Owings secondary to OF
Wah-Bloxom secondary to OF

Phi-created S Rosen SP replacing M. Cisco
Phi-created H Neris RP replacing J Whatcott

ChiN-created E Jokisch SP replacing A Rivero
ChiN-created L Flores C replacing C Contreras
ChiN-created J Fernandez C replacing C Krist

Cin-created G Reynolds SP replacing L Armstrong
Cin-created T Bowe replacing VanceJ
Cin-created F Perez OF replacing D Robinson
Cin-created R Chang 3b replacing R Wright
Cin-created T Rahnier 3B replacing J Silverio
Cin-created D Lohman SS replacing B Peterson
Cin-created B Smith OF replacing B Amaral

Mil-created Z Kroenke replacing D Meadows
Mil-created J Hoey replacing D Byrd
Mil-created O Buller C replacing M Walla
Mil-created H Statia 2B replacing C Hawn
Mil-created B Davis SS replacing B Macias
Mil-created S Vuchinch replacing C George

Pit-created C Sadler SP replacing B Baker

StL-created Albitz SS replacing A Ehrich
StL-created C Huffman OF replacing C Swauger(he was a starter in AAA...he could come back)

Ari-created E Smith SP replacing T Siemens
Ari-redid Z Spruil face
Ari-redid A Meo face
Ari-created C McMurray C replacing M Reed

Col-created I Froneberger P replacing R Lewis
Col-created D Tarleton C replacing G Molina
Col-created D Cleary OF replacing J. Clark

LaN-created S Cilladi C replacing R Castro(FA list)
LaN-created R Ynoa 2B replacing B Galvez
LaN-created CJ Retherford replacing K Russell
LaN-created M Rojas SS replacing D Sweeney

SD-created J Merchan SS replacing S Carroll
SD-Added B. Allen FA replacing M Tissenbaum
SD-created A Contreras 2B replacing Y Asencio

SF-created J Snodgrass SP replacing J Stevenson
SF-created J Valdez replacing M Kickham(duplicate player)
SF-created M Wagner C replacing J Weeks
SF-crated B. Krill OF replacing G Buechele
SF created S. Strosmsoe IF replacing D Mayora

ALL lineups and rotations for each level are as they were for the FIRST game vs RHP and vs. LHP WHERE POSSIBLE
To keep lineups rotations intact...you must use 30 team control and send each player to the PROPER LEVEL to avoid CPU interaction.

Injured players on the MLB are in Single A....

-All 40 man rosters are as intact as possible(60 day DL players cause too many players on 40 man...I left MLB level players on the 40 man)

Here is the file.....http://www.sendspace.com/file/sg8rk0

Thanks!

IN THE ROSTER VAULT AS
O.S.F.M. v2 Opening Day

M.K.
Knight165

Game: MLB 13 The ShowReader Score: 9/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS Vita / PS3Votes for game: 36 - View All
MLB 13 The Show Videos
Member Comments
# 121 nymetsrock1992 @ 04/17/13 11:27 PM
How do you manually add people to the DL I've read about people doing it and can't for the life of me see how to actually do it.
Thanks in advance

# 122 Ripner @ 04/18/13 12:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeebs
Ok so it's not the fact I haven't downloaded the latest roster. Then I wonder why those certain players aren't showing any photo at all. If you go into to edit them their faces look correct but they do not have a photo at all. Weird. Anyone else seeing this in the O.S.F.M.V2 OD set in the vault?
My guess is the MLB hasn't provided them with updated photo shopped photos with their new team yet since cyberfaces only appear when on the team the player is in the uniform of this year. May try moving to Johnson to the Jays and see if his cyberface appears then.

# 123 imalanh1 @ 04/18/13 02:12 AM
I've only been thoroughly thru 8 teams so far and I noticed the TB Rays minor league system has some very low ratings compared to other teams, players rated in the 30's and 40's. Are they really that bad?

# 124 KomicJ @ 04/18/13 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nymetsrock1992
How do you manually add people to the DL I've read about people doing it and can't for the life of me see how to actually do it.
Thanks in advance
First, your profile must have injuries to manual to do it. Then, in your franchise, go to "Disabled List" (it's in the third menu) and press R1. You should then have a complete list of the team's players. Click on the player you want to injure, and set his injury type and duration. Once you injured all the players you need, press L1, and move the players from the bench to one of the DL.

# 125 RangersCruz @ 04/18/13 07:22 AM
started a new rtts with these after yr 1 i got called up but anyway

Seen a lot of D/F low potential guys automatically retire

# 126 hjgilber @ 04/18/13 01:15 PM
Did v.2 include Javier Baez's needed ratings boost?

Quote:
bmmolter (Mass.): Care to find the nearest crystal ball in your apt. and provide an early look at the top 10 next year?

Jason Parks: I can:
1. Addison Russell
2. Javier Baez
3. Taijuan Walker
4. Archie Bradley
5. Aaron Sanchez
6. Byron Buxton
7. Jameson Taillon
8. Robert Stephenson
9. Francisco Lindor
10. Austin Hedges
Quote:
With Fernandez fresh on the brain, my curiosity expanded into candidates for similar advancement, keeping the organizational needs in the picture but focusing most of the thought on the physical and emotional requirements of the prospect at hand. In my head, I asked: Who could pull a Fernandez in 2014? That is, which prospect that will play the 2013 season at the A-ball level has the skill set to justify skipping the high minors and starting the 2014 season in the majors? I started making calls. I started asking friends. I might have asked a few strangers. In the end, I polled 20 front office members--people responsible for making developmental decisions of such magnitude—as well as sending the hypothetical to the prospect minds currently under the employ of Baseball Prospectus in the hopes of flushing out the top candidates. These are the findings in order of industry nominations*.

*Disclaimer: This is just a scouting exercise and not a suggestion or declaration of developmental intent. The likely candidates to pull a Fernandez aren’t likely to pull a Fernandez, nor are we proposing that they should pull a Fernandez. This is merely an industry poll of the prospects that possess the characteristics necessary to handle a Fernandez in the unlikely event of a Fernandez.

1. SS Javier Baez (Cubs)
Baez received the most votes, but could be disqualified from the discussion if he reaches the Double-A level this season (as is expected). Not that his approach is anywhere near ready for the big stage, but his elite bat speed and offensive potential give him the best chance to do some damage if pushed to that level. The defensive profile is better than people seem to think, as many in the industry view Baez as a legit option at shortstop for the foreseeable future. When the light goes on and he learns to tame the magnificent beast that is his swing, it won’t take long for Baez to not only emerge as one of the top prospects in the game, but to reach the major league level in short order.

# 127 fantasysportsguy @ 04/20/13 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sink4ever
You can't upload franchises into the roster vault. Roster vault is for rosters, franchise files are . . . not rosters.
So explain something to me, if we download that Franchise file, do we not have to do all the bullcrap moving players around in order to start a Season? I'm itching to play but the prospect of having to sit down for HOURS, re-ordering rosters, is intimidating for me.

# 128 Ripner @ 04/20/13 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
So explain something to me, if we download that Franchise file, do we not have to do all the bullcrap moving players around in order to start a Season? I'm itching to play but the prospect of having to sit down for HOURS, re-ordering rosters, is intimidating for me.
The franchise file Knight made has all the moving done already (It's just a save file from his franchise at the end of spring training with movements and disabled list completed)

# 129 fantasysportsguy @ 04/20/13 10:03 PM
Right, so if I download that file, what do I do? If I progress to the start of the season, will it not automatically jumble up all the players again? Apologies for the questions, but I'm an older type gamer (pushin' 40) and I'm out of touch with the roster stuff on this title. It seems a bit daunting to me but I thank you sincerely for helping.

# 130 Knight165 @ 04/20/13 11:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasysportsguy
Right, so if I download that file, what do I do? If I progress to the start of the season, will it not automatically jumble up all the players again? Apologies for the questions, but I'm an older type gamer (pushin' 40) and I'm out of touch with the roster stuff on this title. It seems a bit daunting to me but I thank you sincerely for helping.
It will not. I have already sent the players to the appropriate levels.
Just note...I did make an error on the teams that played on March 31st....I skipped to April to make the lineups and rotations...so those teams are off with one lineup(possibly) and the pitchers are off in the rotation by one man(the order)

Just make sure that you make two profiles as noted....(they don't save with the franchise...you make them.)

One with yours....one with the CPU setup to AUTO(EXCEPT lineups/rotations.....waivers and roster moves...JUST until the third day of the season(there are two or three players on waivers)....after they pass...put those options(waivers and roster moves) to auto if you want)

Just assign your two profiles to the appropriate teams for your liking(you'll see I have custom 2 to the Mets and custom 1 for the other teams(or vice versa).....so assign your manual profile to your team...and the auto(except!....lineups..etc) to the other teams...

After that it's up to you how you want to play it out.

M.K.
Knight165

# 131 fantasysportsguy @ 04/20/13 11:45 PM
Bless you guys, I mean that, the time you folks devote to helping people, I can't even begin to make you understand how important that is to us. You roster editors truly are an asset to the gaming community. Thank you.

# 132 hjgilber @ 04/21/13 08:55 AM
Silly to see Baez as a 67 and Lindor as a 73. I realize authentic doesn't like Baez (he wanted Baez to have a B potential for crying out loud, smh), but he's one guy and all of the prospect rankings love Baez, having him as easily the Cubs best prospect. He should be rated much higher, it's silly we are still having this debate.

# 133 AC @ 04/21/13 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjgilber
Silly to see Baez as a 67 and Lindor as a 73. I realize authentic doesn't like Baez (he wanted Baez to have a B potential for crying out loud, smh), but he's one guy and all of the prospect rankings love Baez, having him as easily the Cubs best prospect. He should be rated much higher, it's silly we are still having this debate.
He's a high A potential (I think tier 7 or 8)... he's in A ball... seriously, why are you judging by OVR?

Lindor is closer to the bigs than Baez and probably a bit safer, hence, higher OVR. Baez has a way higher ceiling, hence, higher potential. Baez is by no means underrated lol.

Plus, and I may be wrong on this one, I doubt this has anything to do with Authentic. I assume that his ratings were calculated using Knight's chart.

# 134 hjgilber @ 04/21/13 09:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan99
He's a high A potential (I think tier 7 or 8)... he's in A ball... seriously, why are you judging by OVR?

Lindor is closer to the bigs than Baez and probably a bit safer, hence, higher OVR. Baez has a way higher ceiling, hence, higher potential. Baez is by no means underrated lol.

Plus, and I may be wrong on this one, I doubt this has anything to do with Authentic. I assume that his ratings were calculated using Knight's chart.
So Lindor is younger than Baez, playing at the same level, and other than his plate discipline has put up pretty pathetic offensive numbers, but he's the "closer" player? I think if you look at their ETA's, Baez is probably closer than Lindor.

I agree he's safer, assuming you mean more likely to hit his peak, because his peak isn't that hard to hit and as you pointed out, nowhere near Baez's.

Anyway, given that Lindor kind of stunk it up with the bat (besides his plate discipline like I said), and Baez crushed last year, I just feel he should have the higher OVR (representing his current ability).

# 135 AC @ 04/21/13 10:12 AM
Quote:
So Lindor is younger than Baez, playing at the same level, and other than his plate discipline has put up pretty pathetic offensive numbers, but he's the "closer" player? I think if you look at their ETA's, Baez is probably closer than Lindor.

I agree he's safer, assuming you mean more likely to hit his peak, because his peak isn't that hard to hit and as you pointed out, nowhere near Baez's.

Anyway, given that Lindor kind of stunk it up with the bat (besides his plate discipline like I said), and Baez crushed last year, I just feel he should have the higher OVR (representing his current ability).
I assume Lindor's fielding numbers are higher than Baez's? This is probably why he's a.) closer and b.) rated higher

Exactly what I'm talking about re: safety. This is why they're rated like they were.

Having plate discipline is a huge skill, especially for such a young hitter, a shortstop no less. OVR is NOT representative of current ability. I'm sure if you looked at individual attributes you'd be much happier.

# 136 Totte @ 04/21/13 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACMilan99
I'm sure if you looked at individual attributes you'd be much happier.
And if not, there's always the Edit Player function in each users game. It's hard to make a roster where you nail every player perfect according to every users own experience and expectations of a player

# 137 Cavicchi @ 04/21/13 11:01 AM
If you put Baez, Lindor, and Addison Russell on the same team and sort by potential, Baez is on top with Russell second and Lindor third, even though at 19 years old, Lindor is rated (OVL) higher than the others.

# 138 yanksdaniel99 @ 04/21/13 12:06 PM
Quote:

The guy hitting .346 with 6 XBH, 7 steals, more walks then strikeouts in 14 games is putting up pathetic offensive #'s ?

In a near 40 game sample, Baez is hitting below the Mendoza line with 7 walks and 42 Ks in High A. I love Baez, more so then most Cubs fans but at some point he's gotta put up the #'s to match the tools. Lindor is certainly the superior player at this point, despite Baez's enormous ceiling.

# 139 SMP7 @ 04/21/13 01:41 PM
I was just wondering why Randy Ruiz on the White Sox's double A team has 87 power versus lefties LOL? He's 35 years old, a career minor leaguer, and he has only played in 52 MLB games (with 5 HRs). Granted, he looks like he has some power, considering he has hit 20-25+ HRs almost every season in the minors, but 87 power, with 77 contact against lefties seems utterly ridiculous. Sorry if this comes off a bit snide or douchy, but I saw this and laughed harder than I have in a long time.

# 140 Knight165 @ 04/21/13 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMP7
I was just wondering why Randy Ruiz on the White Sox's double A team has 87 power versus lefties LOL? He's 35 years old, a career minor leaguer, and he has only played in 52 MLB games (with 5 HRs). Granted, he looks like he has some power, considering he has hit 20-25+ HRs almost every season in the minors, but 87 power, with 77 contact against lefties seems utterly ridiculous. Sorry if this comes off a bit snide or douchy, but I saw this and laughed harder than I have in a long time.

If that makes you laugh harder than you have in a long time.

You need to get out more.

M.K.
Knight165

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.