Home
FIFA 14 News Post

FIFA Soccer 14 has been unveiled to the masses and new features and improvements are all over the place. New ball physics, the 'Pure Shot' feature which will enable better build-up to shots, new attacking AI, and better ball protection highlight the game's new features.

Here is a running list of articles we have found online, we will have our preview up as well in just a bit!

Official EA Sports Reveal of the Game w/video

First Details from IGN UK

CVG Preview

CVG Producers Interview (Video)

Eurogamer UK FIFA Announcement Coverage

First Details from Gamespot

Kotaku Previews FIFA 14

GamesRadar FIFA 14 Preview

What do you all think of the newly announced features?

Game: FIFA Soccer 14Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: iOS / PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 16 - View All
FIFA Soccer 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 JustAnotherGamer @ 04/28/13 10:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT
Still dont think you understand. For realism you start with the small stadium you have. 10 years down the line, if you have turned your team into a title contender in the premier league, then I assume your no longer playing in a 5000 person stadium. This is when you should be able to upgrade or build a new stadium for your club.

Your not going to assume you will be a giant club and choose a 75,000 person stadium in league 2 lol
BTW, this is what I do. I change at the start of a career but then you are playing in a 40K stadium in League 1. Looks strange. Would be better if you could grow with your status.

# 22 Yeats @ 04/29/13 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT
Still dont think you understand. For realism you start with the small stadium you have. 10 years down the line, if you have turned your team into a title contender in the premier league, then I assume your no longer playing in a 5000 person stadium.
I understand, and I'm saying that doesn't happen. Smaller clubs in the EPL play in their smaller stadiums, that's the norm. And the smallest stadium in FIFA is 20,000, so we're not talking tiny 5000 seaters here.

# 23 Yeats @ 04/29/13 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnotherGamer
Would be better if you could grow with your status.
Would be, yes. And I'll add that to my list of "Things that would be nice to finally see in FIFA" which I've been compiling for a decade now...

#183: Ability to switch/expand home stadium in career mode.

# 24 woody2goody @ 04/30/13 03:45 PM
A small thing that would be nice for the English Leagues:

It would be great if the name and number fonts changed when moving between the Premier League and Championship. It takes away realism when your promoted team still has Football League letters and numbers instead of the Premier League ones.

This could be a licensing issue but surely they could get round this somehow?

# 25 Gnemi @ 05/06/13 04:57 PM
FIFA '13 has been pretty damn good, so I hope they haven't broken it with some of this stuff.

The changes to dribbling scare me a bit, and the "Protect the Ball" feature will be really annoying if it promotes a Barcelona style of play.

There are very few major gameplay changes I'd like to see next year, but for crying out loud, PLEASE let them address the lack of CPU fouls. Better yet, give us a slider for it.

# 26 Gnemi @ 05/06/13 05:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
They need to make it look like this - out of the box; and tweak from there.

- Slower build ups that actually matter
- Pace of play
- Defending with aggression
- Clearances that do not stick to a player (make the ball a separate entity)

This mod is nice, but I think it goes a bit too far. Granted, small sample size, but the lack of any real bite to that defense made me feel like I was watching paint dry. Both teams looked like they had been fed sedatives the night before the match. For stretches of play, that's fine, but that doesn't work for an entire match.

# 27 ManiacMatt1782 @ 05/09/13 11:44 AM
If Career manager mode online isnt possible then at the very least we need customizable tournaments and tables for fifa 14 online. No excuse not to bea able to have an online league with a group of friends.

# 28 Matt10 @ 05/10/13 03:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnemi
This mod is nice, but I think it goes a bit too far. Granted, small sample size, but the lack of any real bite to that defense made me feel like I was watching paint dry. Both teams looked like they had been fed sedatives the night before the match. For stretches of play, that's fine, but that doesn't work for an entire match.
Gnemi - I know man, it's not meant to be played that way. Check out my video after that with just some slider adjustments:

The video before was to show what it should look like in terms of defense, and marking. It's all to do with the formation - not just individual player traits like EA is seemingly going yet again.

# 29 coach422001 @ 05/11/13 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT
Still dont think you understand. For realism you start with the small stadium you have. 10 years down the line, if you have turned your team into a title contender in the premier league, then I assume your no longer playing in a 5000 person stadium. This is when you should be able to upgrade or build a new stadium for your club.

Your not going to assume you will be a giant club and choose a 75,000 person stadium in league 2 lol
I'dlike to see this, however, at a cost. Actually, I'd love to see what they did a number of years ago and incorporate the stadium upgrade idea. You start with a league 2 expansion club, given a player budget and transfer alottment from your owner. You can "draft" any player from any other club but must stay within your budget. In addition to your player budget, you get a stadium budget. You start with Ivy Lane or Towne Park or one of the smaller generic stadia. You have to spend money for upkeep (low, med, high) and the pitch and attendance can be influenced by your spend. This takes away from money to be spent on players. Add a true gate intake/player spend output, giving you net profit/loss based on spending and attendance. As you progress in your career, the more money you bank, the more you have to spend on generic upgrades (add a level to add attendance). As you mention, if you're now up in the top level and want to move to a 60,000 seat stadium or build one, you now have to cough up the dough and deal with the financial consequences. Of course, ideally you won't get sacked over this time!

# 30 _ChicoBass @ 05/11/13 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJT

I remember back in 05 or somewhere around there that you actually could update your stadium. You could upgrade your staff, stadium, coaches, and you could even choose ticket prices. I kind of miss that but then online gameplay became a priority for EA

# 31 coach422001 @ 05/12/13 11:34 AM
right that was what I was thinking about. Only you also had to balance the books so you couldn't just upgrade once you moved up without taking money away from the transfer pool. I don't know that you actually got a new wing or club or anything physically visible in the game back then. I think what he's looking for is to actually see the stadium grow when you expand. Could this be done by a series of generic add-ons to the generic stadia, much like MVP Baseball had? Or potentially shif to one of the larger venues when the club is big enough. I still think you should have to deal with the financial part of it too. Especially since Martin Tyler reminds me every week that Arsenal's move to the Emirates may have put some financial restraints on them

I enjoyed that old version of Fifa and still have the game. I never tried today's Creation Center, but I guess it works the same way. In the old game you could create players and teams, and you started in the lowest level. But you could draft players as well. I made a team of my international colleagues at the office as well as drafting the likes of John Terry, called the club the Camelot Dragons (yes, you could design your own kits too) and we played at Badon Hill. I think that was the game too where they actually had news where you could review all the transfers, and your guys who went off to international duty came back with less energy and may have gained experience. Plus you could let the CPU play against itself and sit back and watch if you wanted. Really was a pretty complete off-line experience. Had it's flaws as always but as an offline player I always hoped they'd get back there. Nothing like going through a cup run, getting knocked out and not being able to watch the final.

# 32 BezO @ 05/13/13 03:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
This is what I'm waiting for. Too much space to work otherwise.

# 33 Matt10 @ 05/13/13 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO
This is what I'm waiting for. Too much space to work otherwise.
Yes, it was close to ideal. I'm very picky though - I need the field to be much, much tighter. Here, it's easy outlets. IRL you see many desperation long balls into space as a result of too much pressure - that's what I should see by the CPU, or be forced to do myself.

There are some tweaks I can do. I'm trying to get back to whether or not sliders can be the answer for FIFA 13 and these gameplay patches.

# 34 NightmareBooster @ 05/16/13 08:47 AM
Not really a feature, but news nonetheless. Pretty big news considering this is EA we're talking about:

http://fifainsider.com/say-goodbye-to-the-online-pass/

# 35 CurryMan @ 05/18/13 02:07 AM
I wish they would stop working on gameplay and just focus on turning career mode into something worth playing long term

# 36 Murph @ 05/18/13 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightmareBooster
Not really a feature, but news nonetheless. Pretty big news considering this is EA we're talking about:

http://fifainsider.com/say-goodbye-to-the-online-pass/
This is big news as far as I'm concerned. It means you can buy a pre-owned copy and actually use all the online features. I'm glad the unhappy users have spoken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

# 37 Goonerish @ 05/20/13 07:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coach422001
right that was what I was thinking about. Only you also had to balance the books so you couldn't just upgrade once you moved up without taking money away from the transfer pool. I don't know that you actually got a new wing or club or anything physically visible in the game back then. I think what he's looking for is to actually see the stadium grow when you expand. Could this be done by a series of generic add-ons to the generic stadia, much like MVP Baseball had? Or potentially shif to one of the larger venues when the club is big enough. I still think you should have to deal with the financial part of it too. Especially since Martin Tyler reminds me every week that Arsenal's move to the Emirates may have put some financial restraints on them

I enjoyed that old version of Fifa and still have the game. I never tried today's Creation Center, but I guess it works the same way. In the old game you could create players and teams, and you started in the lowest level. But you could draft players as well. I made a team of my international colleagues at the office as well as drafting the likes of John Terry, called the club the Camelot Dragons (yes, you could design your own kits too) and we played at Badon Hill. I think that was the game too where they actually had news where you could review all the transfers, and your guys who went off to international duty came back with less energy and may have gained experience. Plus you could let the CPU play against itself and sit back and watch if you wanted. Really was a pretty complete off-line experience. Had it's flaws as always but as an offline player I always hoped they'd get back there. Nothing like going through a cup run, getting knocked out and not being able to watch the final.
This was my favorite Fifa game. Picking kits , home and away. Picking team logos and your club name. I was Kings Lynn FC. Drafting players, it was the best year of fifa by far. And then it all disapeared the next year. That really sucked.

# 38 NaturalSelected @ 05/21/13 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murph
This is big news as far as I'm concerned. It means you can buy a pre-owned copy and actually use all the online features. I'm glad the unhappy users have spoken.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You might be assuming too much. For example, the consoles could lock out pre-owned games entirely. Or, they could provide a platform level "pass" for all online content.

# 39 NightmareBooster @ 05/21/13 01:26 PM
I have two sports loves: Soccer and Football. As FIFA 14 news seems to be drying up I've been checking out the Madden forums and I must say, if FIFA 14 CM is ANYTHING less than extraordinary then we're being cheated!

I don't know how many people are part of the Madden dev team but they're getting a BEASTLY Owner Mode. Now, it's always been the case in the past that Madden's CM has been deeper than FIFA's but this is different by leaps and bounds. I'm talking team relocation, stadium upgrades, staff management that confers bonuses to team performance, etc.

For anyone else who also likes Football or is just curious as to what else EA is up to check it out. It's pretty much getting everything we've wanted for CM, just applicable to Football.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.