Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

EA Sports has posted NCAA Football 14 playbook #2 as they reveal some of the biggest upgrades to presentation.

Quote:
The ESPN Living Game Clock, which provides quick-hitting stats on previous plays, player stats, game stats, play selection and more, is just one more piece that heightens immersion and makes the game feel truer to an actual ESPN broadcast.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 SageInfinite @ 04/18/13 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

Like it says in the article, game stats, previous play, player stats , and play selection ( run vs pass as seen in the screenshot)
Still no pre play broadcast angles . Would be so nice to have some camera work to go along with this new "spotlight" commentary. Just hope they don't do it with cutscenes.

# 42 Ziza9Noles94 @ 04/18/13 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
They will now be a montage of the pregame stuff, like Osceloa riding out, set to music like on tv, instead of watching the entire pregame rituals playout as if you are in the stadium.

“So now the game starts out in the studio with Rece Davis, then when he kicks things down to the field, the game shows a quick music video showing highlights, fans, players, tradition, and run-outs all based on each school. Before you know it, you’re at the coin toss and you’re ready to start your game.” http://www.operationsports.com/forum...n-preview.html

Like in NBA2k12 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3ng3dTSq_g
Thanks Big. More of a broadcast feel then. I guess I liked the old way since you're immersed in the fantasy of being on the field as a coach or player. It could help hype you up. But if this looks more like the ESPN broadcast I can get behind it.

# 43 Ziza9Noles94 @ 04/18/13 03:20 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I really think this is great IF done well, like in NBA2k12, I'm not even a hardcore music head but those music videos hype me. I especially love when ESPN does them and puts together a video montage, it exposes an old head like me to songs I might not hear otherwise. Also I'm glad to see they seem to have decided to go full on network broadcast and not some at the game/watching on tv hybrid, the presentation house divided could not stand, imo, lol.

I'm staying reserved but the overall tone of this stuff comes across as a new day for how EA football is being done. I hope that's the case and we can leave the troubles of the past behind us.

The more I think about it, the more I agree. If they are going to commit to broadcast, commit all the way. Some here, some there, was too scattershot of an approach in the past. If implemented like that 2K video you linked to, I can see getting super hyped up before a game.

# 44 Cardot @ 04/18/13 03:37 PM
I have to admit, I am intrigued by the "tempo". A few weeks ago, I threw in '04 for nostalgic purposes. While some things weren't as good as I remembered, the pace of the game was much better than the last few versions of NCAA...which for me can sometimes feel tedious. I am hopeful that they can strike that balance of moving the game along without it feeling rushed, and still maintaining a good feel of immersion.

I still like the runouts, but that pregame can definitley be streamlined a bit.

# 45 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 04/18/13 03:49 PM
Quote:
Yeah, I really think this is great IF done well, like in NBA2k12, I'm not even a hardcore music head but those music videos hype me. I especially love when ESPN does them and puts together a video montage, it exposes an old head like me to songs I might not hear otherwise. Also I'm glad to see they seem to have decided to go full on network broadcast and not some at the game/watching on tv hybrid, the presentation house divided could not stand, imo, lol.

I'm staying reserved but the overall tone of this stuff comes across as a new day for how EA football is being done. I hope that's the case and we can leave the troubles of the past behind us.
I share your sentiment as well when comparing it to NBA 2k. Atleast until I can see a video of how this "blur tempo" is implemented. The thing with NBA 2k is that even after the montage they still go on with the pre-game intro, announcing the starting lineups, and we see signature pre-game rituals if you want to call them that. I am just in a wait and see approach right now, because again, this is EA we are talking about when it comes to presentation.

# 46 The_Wise_One @ 04/18/13 03:58 PM
I may be seeing things, but could that pinkish half-circle under LE #93 be some sort of stamina gauge? I know they talked about it in the gameplay playbook. Would be nice to see how much players have in the tank.

# 47 BV11 @ 04/18/13 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
I may be seeing things, but could that pinkish half-circle under LE #93 be some sort of stamina gauge? I know they talked about it in the gameplay playbook. Would be nice to see how much players have in the tank.
Yep that is what that is

Also that star under the CB is new right?

# 48 LastExit @ 04/18/13 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenGerman
I think the presentation is going to be a lot better this year. Having stat banners is huge.

However, I didn't see a mention of them fixing crowd noise. If they really want things like Zombi Nation to impact the feel of a game, the crowd needs to be somewhat loud at the very least.
Agreed.

What makes me more nervous is the new feature where you'll hear the center calling out blocking assignments and the defensive secondary calling out coverage. When I watch football I notice that in pro games but not in college games......college games are all about the crowd and the noise they generate, especially when their defense is on the field. What concerns me is that they'll incorporate their new "hear the center calling out blocking assignments" feature when both offenses are on the field and thus the noise a college crowd makes to try to throw the opponent's offense off just won't be there for yet another year.

Will have to wait and see what they ultimately come up with, but this does not inspire a lot of confidence.

# 49 jpdavis82 @ 04/18/13 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BV11
Yep that is what that is

Also that star under the CB is new right?
Yeah I think it is indicating that the CB is an impact player. Not new, but it's a welcome sight.

# 50 kingsofthevalley @ 04/18/13 04:17 PM
I must say, this is sounding like a winner. I'm a fiend for the small presentation details as it is what really keeps me immersed. 5 different pigskins, I actually observed team colored socks in the first video showing off the footplanting, load of new gloves, hand held broadcast camera shots, key drive/player commentary, halftime highlights, player chatter finally returned (last I heard players talking **** on the field was Madden 08, then it disappeared), new commentary that doesn't unlock until deep in your dynasty, yea I'm sold. Lets hope it all meshes well.

Everything thats been written about today is all I've been standing by for this past 8 years honestly. Any other problems that persist, I hope they've smoothed em out some, ie DB glitch, etc, etc, but its nothing I've ever had problems dealing with utilizing a healthy dose of imagination and house rules. I'm going to go out on a limb and say this is about to be a good year for the old school football heads. Look at ole Tiburon trying to depart this generation with a bang. Ben and all the devs over at Tiburon, Madden included (if NCAA is coming with all of this, I'm going to faint when the Madden info pours in) I see you, go ahead and bring that ****, I'm patiently standing by.

# 51 jeremym480 @ 04/18/13 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Yeah I think it is indicating that the CB is an impact player. Not new, but it's a welcome sight.
Yep, he's an impact player. That's in NCAA 13 too.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

# 52 grabursock55 @ 04/18/13 04:44 PM
We are gonna need to make a list of what schools use what ball. I LOVE the Wilson GST. Its my absolute favorite.. I dont know why

ALSO:
Do you think the new NFL stadiums will be avalible to use for conference championship games? Because I think Soldier field would be PERFECT for the B1G championship game

# 53 MsuGaige @ 04/18/13 04:51 PM
I wanna know if they updated Michigan St stadium other than that it sounds good on paper. I want to see a video tho

# 54 speedy43 @ 04/18/13 04:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grabursock55
ALSO:
Do you think the new NFL stadiums will be avalible to use for conference championship games? Because I think Soldier field would be PERFECT for the B1G championship game
I don't see why not. Every stadium in the game was available for championship games in '13

# 55 Aggies7 @ 04/18/13 11:31 PM
Was there no video with this Playbook Release.

I would like to see this presentation in action.

The first playbook had a video with running back upgrades and Infinity Engine addition. But was hoping to see the presentation in action.

# 56 cyclone2426 @ 04/20/13 12:06 PM
I love how they used this picture, even though they have a sleeve number glitch on the GA State player lol....

# 57 MrOctober430 @ 04/20/13 12:45 PM
Also the towel on the QB is flying lol

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.