Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Quote:
You will find in the NCAA Football 14 Presentation Fist Look Official Trailer this year that NCAA Football 14 will bring the atmosphere and intensity of college football Saturday to fans utilizing additions to on-field presentation and a renewed emphasis on the story of each game. Over 500 new on-field vignettes, as well as new on-field player chatter, put fans right in the midst of the action, and evolving insights on key players and drive summaries provide deeper, richer context to each game than ever before.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Cardot @ 04/19/13 06:03 PM
I loved those lightning quick menus.

Not sold on the halftime show. Even if it doesn't get repetitive like the studio updates, these shows are hard to pull off. If they aren't able to make it "Natural" I'll probably spend the time trying to figure how how the developers patched together the sound bites, and what stat caused Reece to say this or Pollack to say that. I guess I am skeptical, but after Reece kept telling me how they were watching Sun Belt games "All day long" last year, it is tough to buy in now.

# 42 K0ZZ @ 04/19/13 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc2884
looks interesting but still way behind i believe...the halftime show i like but if it doesnt have any highlights of the game and a post game show with highlights from the game than its worthless. same with a weekly show with highlights from every game and top plays as well. its amazing how this has not even happened yet.
To be fair, in relation to the weekly sports recap show, no sports game on the market does this, and as far as I remember the feature stopped with College Hoops.

They said the halftime show would have highlights but obviously without showing it, it's a real toss up on it's implementation. I've never cared much for the presentation side of things but some of these little snippets look pretty good. Not crazy hyped from these but I never usually am.

# 43 cparrish @ 04/19/13 08:48 PM
Everything looked good except the cut scenes as I've never been a fan of them. Would rather have the look of a game on TV than the view from the field.

# 44 noplace @ 04/19/13 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cparrish
Everything looked good except the cut scenes as I've never been a fan of them. Would rather have the look of a game on TV than the view from the field.
Exactly!! Those close ups make it looked staged and fake...Just show the entire field and give life to every one on it... Hate those cut scenes and can we please get a list of stadium upgrades added to this years game?

# 45 PRAY IV M3RCY @ 04/19/13 10:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noplace
Exactly!! Those close ups make it looked staged and fake...Just show the entire field and give life to every one on it... Hate those cut scenes and can we please get a list of stadium upgrades added to this years game?
Better yet how many times do we have to preach for copying what you see on tv. Its like the devs say to each other lets try this because it looks cooler and more dramatic than a realistic camera view. Maybe their thinking is backwards when it comes to immersion. Idk if they believe that these unrealistic camera views will put us in awe or if it will bring us closer to the field.

# 46 Valdarez @ 04/19/13 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAY IV M3RCY
Better yet how many times do we have to preach for copying what you see on tv. Its like the devs say to each other lets try this because it looks cooler and more dramatic than a realistic camera view. Maybe their thinking is backwards when it comes to immersion. Idk if they believe that these unrealistic camera views will put us in awe or if it will bring us closer to the field.
They honestly believe they can do it better, which is sad as they can't even match the on field quality presentation wise.

# 47 Blackout863 @ 04/19/13 11:18 PM
so they have socks, gloves and neutral site games. no the presentation folks can sit down for a while. Thank the man above lol. Just Kidding

I like the little presentation stuff. Glad its in. Like to customize my guys and the more options the better. Now Gameplay. Im gonna buy… After I rent. If its good. Ill buy. Otherwise ill keep 13 and update rosters.

# 48 fsufan4423 @ 04/20/13 01:20 AM
Quote:
I like the little presentation stuff. Glad its in. Like to customize my guys and the more options the better. Now Gameplay. Im gonna buy… After I rent. If its good. Ill buy. Otherwise ill keep 13 and update rosters.
I felt like Captian Kirk reading this.

# 49 Sausage @ 04/20/13 05:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
I loved those lightning quick menus.

Not sold on the halftime show. Even if it doesn't get repetitive like the studio updates, these shows are hard to pull off. If they aren't able to make it "Natural" I'll probably spend the time trying to figure how how the developers patched together the sound bites, and what stat caused Reece to say this or Pollack to say that. I guess I am skeptical, but after Reece kept telling me how they were watching Sun Belt games "All day long" last year, it is tough to buy in now.
Knowing this series and EA football games the halftime show will have a different banter for a blowout, tied game, low scoring game, and high scoring. So in my opinion after 10 or less games we will have heard it all and we mash passed it.

# 50 kingsofthevalley @ 04/20/13 09:24 AM
Sprinkler cam cutscenes still in I see. Honestly, the cutscenes wouldn't be that bad if it showed the players from the waist up with some type of stat banner. I probably could deal with that, but the ground level cameras are just completely off.

We know for a fact that the handheld broadcast cameras are in this year. In a perfect world, the devs would utilize those cameras for ALL celebrations. Now that I think about it, I'm figuring we'll have an equal amount of correct broadcast swipes mixed with the sprinkler cam swipes. I'v come to this conclusion because of the oregon cutscene at the end of the trailer. Thats a perfect cutscene and it shows that they know how to do it. I'm pretty sure there are more just like it.

Here's an article which goes into detail with how important this presentation can be
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...otball/307212/

# 51 Watson @ 04/20/13 10:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I just noticed that you can pick the weather for dynasty games. Nice.
maybe I missed something, but where exactly did they say that?

# 52 OSAggie @ 04/20/13 10:28 AM
I like the attention to detail they're showing, because I think that an effort to really emulate an ESPN broadcast can go a long way to making the experience (especially Dynasty) feel authentic. That being said, I still think there's a few fundamentals that haven't looked too improved from the little video we've gotten (I'm looking at you OL/DL interaction)

# 53 speedy43 @ 04/20/13 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Sprinkler cam cutscenes still in I see.
How else would they show off the grass?

# 54 Matt10 @ 04/20/13 10:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsofthevalley
Sprinkler cam cutscenes still in I see. Honestly, the cutscenes wouldn't be that bad if it showed the players from the waist up with some type of stat banner. I probably could deal with that, but the ground level cameras are just completely off.

We know for a fact that the handheld broadcast cameras are in this year. In a perfect world, the devs would utilize those cameras for ALL celebrations. Now that I think about it, I'm figuring we'll have an equal amount of correct broadcast swipes mixed with the sprinkler cam swipes. I'v come to this conclusion because of the oregon cutscene at the end of the trailer. Thats a perfect cutscene and it shows that they know how to do it. I'm pretty sure there are more just like it.

Here's an article which goes into detail with how important this presentation can be
http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/...otball/307212/
This is exactly how I feel. More people view college or NFL football through the TV or stadium - never at that low of a level. It just doesn't look right. That's been my complaint for a while - and is why no matter how hard they try - the presentations just look out of place at times. Of course, NCAA 14 has potential it seems.

# 55 jwilphl @ 04/20/13 12:29 PM
It is clear from this EA is still stuck between giving authentic TV-style presentation and doing their own brand of "cinematics." I'm actually curious how much the latter appeals to more casual players, or if casual players also would prefer TV-style presentation. The fact is, EA's style is anti-immersive. As others have said, that "tale of the tape" comparison is really weak. There is so much more you could put there.

My expectations are really low simply because EA has never shown the ability to have strong TV presentation. The best they've ever done was NCAA Basketball '10, but in no other game have they gotten it right. I still don't get why, it's really not that hard.

# 56 wolfpackfanatic @ 04/20/13 12:51 PM
I don't know how all of this will pan out but I am glad they're putting in Zombie Nation and Seven Nation Army. I always get pumped up hearing Zombie Nation at kickoff and one of the things I remember from when NC State upset FSU last season was Seven Nation Army blasting in the background during the celebration. Also, they finally seem to be paying attention to the details which is something EA hasn't done in a long time, if ever.

# 57 Brian_OS @ 04/20/13 12:51 PM
It's a trap... Don't fall for it!

# 58 roadman @ 04/20/13 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
It is clear from this EA is still stuck between giving authentic TV-style presentation and doing their own brand of "cinematics." I'm actually curious how much the latter appeals to more casual players, or if casual players also would prefer TV-style presentation. The fact is, EA's style is anti-immersive. As others have said, that "tale of the tape" comparison is really weak. There is so much more you could put there.

My expectations are really low simply because EA has never shown the ability to have strong TV presentation. The best they've ever done was NCAA Basketball '10, but in no other game have they gotten it right. I still don't get why, it's really not that hard.
Eh, I thought MVP was good too.

# 59 LionsFanNJ @ 04/20/13 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DorianDonP
I just noticed that you can pick the weather for dynasty games. Nice.
THIS IS THE GREATEST NEWS EVER.

# 60 The_Rick_14 @ 04/20/13 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
THIS IS THE GREATEST NEWS EVER.
Before people get their hopes up, I didn't see anything that says weather changes were for Dynasty.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.