Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Quote:
You will find in the NCAA Football 14 Presentation Fist Look Official Trailer this year that NCAA Football 14 will bring the atmosphere and intensity of college football Saturday to fans utilizing additions to on-field presentation and a renewed emphasis on the story of each game. Over 500 new on-field vignettes, as well as new on-field player chatter, put fans right in the midst of the action, and evolving insights on key players and drive summaries provide deeper, richer context to each game than ever before.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 BuckeyesIL @ 04/20/13 05:33 PM
Something new finally instead of the same presentations/menu screens

Sent from my iPhone 5 using
Tapatalk!

# 62 theSmilingAssassin27 @ 04/20/13 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Rick_14
Before people get their hopes up, I didn't see anything that says weather changes were for Dynasty.
I didn't either, but hopefully this is an option now. For the past couple years cold weather has been non existent for dynasty games played in Minnesota.

# 63 ncaafootball14markus @ 04/20/13 07:19 PM
OMG! Can they just get the REVO 2-BAR FACEMASK IN THE GAME? qbs with RUNNING BACK HELMETS are so annoying!!!

# 64 pat5775 @ 04/22/13 03:13 PM
Wow, this looks great. A definite step in the right direction (about *bleep*ing time, EA).

The only things I really want to know is: will there be a playoff mode in this years game, and will we be able to import draft classes into Madden 25?? But I guess that will be answered when info about Dynasty mode is revealed... hopefully.

# 65 rollinphat @ 04/22/13 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theSmilingAssassin27
I didn't either, but hopefully this is an option now. For the past couple years cold weather has been non existent for dynasty games played in Minnesota.
because the game still thinks Minnesota is playing inside a dome
or at least it did with '12. I actually didn't buy '13.

every home game had perfect weather

# 66 Tyrant8RDFL @ 04/22/13 04:00 PM
I'm excited for this game. There's a lot I'm looking forward to.

Looks alive

# 67 BenGerman @ 04/22/13 04:33 PM
Noticed something else... If you look at the :22 mark, you see the UCLA/Standford stats. Standford is 11th in the country while allowing 106 RYPG, which is GREAT news. Before, if you held teams anywhere below 100 RYPG, you'd be in first in the category by a country mile. This was always a huge pet peeve of mine.

# 68 LastExit @ 04/23/13 07:11 AM
I'm a little skeptical about the player chatter (could become repetitive real fast and I worry that they're going to dial down the crown noise even more to accommodate it), but otherwise I see a lot of good things. That's not to say they will be considered mature (that is, the halftime show and other elements will be deemed to be not quite there) but all in all it seems that they are moving in the right direction.

I wonder if they've fixed that bug of banks of lights appearing to be off during night games.

# 69 Cardot @ 04/23/13 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastExit
I'm a little skeptical about the player chatter (could become repetitive real fast and I worry that they're going to dial down the crown noise even more to accommodate it), but otherwise I see a lot of good things.
I thought the same thing. Hopefully not the case.

# 70 Kingd803 @ 04/23/13 04:15 PM
I'm really not that impressed. I mean its better then their normal stuff. But they are still so far behind. It's not even funny. They need to scrap the cut scenes all together. And just have that kind of stuff happening all the time on the field live.

Cut scenes take you out of the action. They look scripted. And they'll get old. Specially when it's only four guys reacting. It just takes you out of the game.

I don't understand why they don't get this.

# 71 Gosens6 @ 04/24/13 08:11 AM
I really don't understand how people are excited about this? It doesn't look anything like you'd see on TV, that on the field cutscene crap needs to go, and go NOW.

What did they really change? Player chatter, more stat overlays, and a so called "tale of the tape" with team overalls? The halftime show everyone is so excited about will be nothing but an expanded in game updates segment. It will have the same repetitive chatter, and probably no scores from around the country. I can see myself skipping it after the 3rd time seeing it. Give me a break. This still looks awful.

# 72 buckeyebaggins4 @ 04/24/13 12:03 PM
EVERY REPLAY should be from either a broadcast or a simulated "sky cam" that they have hanging over the field. We want to see what we see on television...why is that so difficult...

# 73 cthurt @ 04/24/13 12:20 PM
Its hard to get excited about a bunch of mid-field cut scenes thats makes it look like 4 players celebrating while the rest of the team is on the sideline, i just dont understand how ea thinks this is a good look.

# 74 sparkdawg777 @ 04/24/13 01:44 PM
I'm going to keep saying it with a majority of everyone else, we want a TV style presentation. The top presentations in sports games are nba 2k and the show series. Both use no camera angles that we wouldn't see on TV (minus the custom cameras that ncaa doesn't have anyway). What I don't understand is Madden went in this direction last year and I would say it was the best presentation ever in the series.

Why doesn't NCAA see this? The most frustrating thing to me is the fact that NCAA is the only sports title that has a real TV license (ESPN) but they are the farthest from a TV style presentation than any other game IMO.

# 75 mtoo22 @ 04/24/13 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I really don't understand how people are excited about this? It doesn't look anything like you'd see on TV, that on the field cutscene crap needs to go, and go NOW.

What did they really change? Player chatter, more stat overlays, and a so called "tale of the tape" with team overalls? The halftime show everyone is so excited about will be nothing but an expanded in game updates segment. It will have the same repetitive chatter, and probably no scores from around the country. I can see myself skipping it after the 3rd time seeing it. Give me a break. This still looks awful.
Probably they know we would notice how bad this game looks in motion during the play..

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2

# 76 Gosens6 @ 04/24/13 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtoo22
Probably they know we would notice how bad this game looks in motion during the play..

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk 2
Most likely; It's just what myself and a bunch of others are saying, cutscenes look terrible, the camera angle they use for these cutscenes look terrible. Where are the rest of the players when these "celebrations" are going on?

I just don't understand why they think they can do better when it comes to presentation. You have the ESPN License! Just give us what we see on ESPN!

Then, when they give an attempt to give us what we see on ESPN, their tale of the tape is team overalls..

# 77 cthurt @ 04/24/13 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Most likely; It's just what myself and a bunch of others are saying, cutscenes look terrible, the camera angle they use for these cutscenes look terrible. Where are the rest of the players when these "celebrations" are going on?

I just don't understand why they think they can do better when it comes to presentation. You have the ESPN License! Just give us what we see on ESPN!

Then, when they give an attempt to give us what we see on ESPN, their tale of the tape is team overalls..
I agree 100% one of the main reasons i love NBA2k and even the Show, is due to those games having no cut scenes and only real time animations, but the problem with EA is that they force feed us everything they put in the game that is new so there for we get all these poorly put together cut scenes. I cant count the amount of times ive missed a celebration while playing 2k just to go to the replay and see exactly what i missed.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.