Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Another NBA 2K13 roster update arrived this morning. Here are some of the details. All injured players should get activated after the playoffs.
  • Quentin Richardson, New York Knicks (70) Added
  • Tracy McGrady, San Antonio Spurs (72) Added
  • Stephen Curry, Golden St. Warriors +2 (87)
  • Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks +3 (93)
  • Nate Robinson, Chicago Bulls +4 (82)
  • Roy Hibbert, Indiana Pacers +3 (79)
  • Evan Fournier, Denver Nuggets +8 (66)
  • Aaron Brooks, Houston Rockets -2 (76)
  • Shannon Brown, Phoenix Suns -2 (74)
  • Steve Nash, Los Angeles Lakers (82) - Returns from injury
  • Manu Ginobili, San Antonio Spurs (86) - Returns from injury
Players Still Missing
  • Kevin Jones (PF) - Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Shavlik Randdolph (PF) - Boston Celtics
  • Jarvis Varnado (PF) - Miami Heat
  • Terrel Harris (SG) - New Orleans Hornets
  • Kevin Murphy (SG) - Utah Jazz
  • Chris Wright (PG) - Dallas Mavericks
  • Julyan Stone (PG/SG) - Denver Nuggets
  • Ben Hansbrough (PG/SG) - Indiana Pacers
  • Tim Ohlbrecht (C) - Houston Rockets
  • Aron Baynes (C) - San Antonio Spurs
  • Diante Garrett (SG) - Phoenix Suns
  • Mickael Gelabale (SF) - Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Chris Johnson (C/PF) - Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Kent Bazemore (SG/SF) - Golden St. Warriors
  • Malcolm Thomas (PF/SF) - Golden St. Warriors

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 mango_prom @ 04/21/13 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
melo is one dimensional. he is a flat out pure scorer, with avg rebounding and passing, and below to maybe avg defense...or, he just doesnt want to defend
Melo is a Top 3 scorer in this league, no one disputes that. His passing is below average and rebounding wise he's comparable to Deng/Pierce/Kidd-Gilchrist, which means pretty good, but no great. He's pretty much Bernard King/Adrian Dantley with range and an undersized PF body.
I don't overrate Melo, but absolutely love the fact that his game is all about skill, so he'll probably be a good player even into his late 30s. He's one of the few players after the Kobe/KG/Duncan/Dirk era that have that kind of old school finesse game going. Great to watch...

But a some point, being a "fan" stops people from even trying to be objective. It's ever worse over here in Europe with soccer...many people really project the success of some pro athlete onto their own persona, so when defending their favorite superstar, they're actually defending themselves. The whole idea of people being insulted and emotionally invested if other people criticise some athlete they've never even met is idiotic if you think about it.

btw, J.R.Smith going 7/19 is exactly what's wrong with the Knicks. A low IQ volume scorer as your second option won't work in a playoff series. Melo will probably need to average 35 just to compensate for Smith jacking up shots. Looks like Anthony is in the Dirk/Terry situation right now where he has to play out of his mind every game hoping that his sidekick doesn't suck in the playoffs for once...

# 42 ksuttonjr76 @ 04/21/13 10:08 AM
I checked all the hot zones last night, and I can honestly say that bandwagon teams just got cheesier. People are going to need cheat codes to slow down their offense.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

# 43 turty11 @ 04/21/13 10:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
Melo is a Top 3 scorer in this league, no one disputes that. His passing is below average and rebounding wise he's comparable to Deng/Pierce/Kidd-Gilchrist, which means pretty good, but no great. He's pretty much Bernard King/Adrian Dantley with range and an undersized PF body.
I don't overrate Melo, but absolutely love the fact that his game is all about skill, so he'll probably be a good player even into his late 30s. He's one of the few players after the Kobe/KG/Duncan/Dirk era that have that kind of old school finesse game going. Great to watch...

But a some point, being a "fan" stops people from even trying to be objective. It's ever worse over here in Europe with soccer...many people really project the success of some pro athlete onto their own persona, so when defending their favorite superstar, they're actually defending themselves. The whole idea of people being insulted and emotionally invested if other people criticise some athlete they've never even met is idiotic if you think about it.

btw, J.R.Smith going 7/19 is exactly what's wrong with the Knicks. A low IQ volume scorer as your second option won't work in a playoff series. Melo will probably need to average 35 just to compensate for Smith jacking up shots. Looks like Anthony is in the Dirk/Terry situation right now where he has to play out of his mind every game hoping that his sidekick doesn't suck in the playoffs for once...
yeah, its clear most people here just want their team to be all 99's or star slurp. but that's fine i've done it before

i think JR's complainng about not getting FT's every possesion is what the real problem was, knicks just got lucky bostons bench didn't show up
now about melo getting an 80 OREB, what a complete joke. averigin under 2 Oreb and you get an 80? that means some guys should have a rating of about 300....

# 44 JasonMartin @ 04/21/13 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepIndiana
The more people that let their voice be heard. It wakes people up sometimes.

All the people calling for the insiders head might give him the boost he needs but it needed to be done. Maybe he got his head out of his *** and is gonna start doing his job.
A lot of people have called him/2K out for months, nothing will ever change.

They just did this because L2DK finally opened his mouth and the playoffs are here. Final update, game is done.

# 45 thedream2k13 @ 04/21/13 02:31 PM
tony parkers 3pt shot went up to a 80? he is only shooting 35% for the season! lin is shooting 33% and has a 69 rating from 3pt line.

# 46 Paul Pierce_OS @ 04/21/13 05:45 PM
Quote:
thats because the celtics were flat in the entire half, and K-mart and kidd were great on defense.

melo is one dimensional. he is a flat out pure scorer, with avg rebounding and passing, and below to maybe avg defense...or, he just doesnt want to defend
You have no idea what you're talking about. Please start watching basketball, then comment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 47 turty11 @ 04/21/13 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Pierce_OS
You have no idea what you're talking about. Please start watching basketball, then comment.
im sorry i don't star slurp. melo is a scorer, hes avg at the rest.

# 48 Angel_G @ 04/21/13 07:05 PM
i'm trying to tell him Paul Pierce_OS some people once they are set on something there is no way you can change their mind.

# 49 turty11 @ 04/21/13 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel_G
i'm trying to tell him Paul Pierce_OS some people once they are set on something there is no way you can change their mind.
im not set on anything, provide me some facts that he is more than just a scorer and i will call him more than a 1 dimensional aka "scoring only" guy

# 50 Norris_Cole @ 04/21/13 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
While I don't necessarily disagree with increasing Melo's stats, this obsession of many fans with their favorite superstar is exactly the reason 2k is in no hurry to provide even semi decent rosters. "Melo needs...Lebron clearly deserves...Durant needs to be...".
18 players still missing, ratings are a complete disaster, tendencies and playbooks even worse. But everyone's glad that an already overpowered superstar (with sig skills, everyone can drop 30 ppg even on 5 min quarters) gets even better.

Very true, but you can't blame them, they are called casual fans for a reason

# 51 Goffs @ 04/21/13 07:52 PM
Quote:
im not set on anything, provide me some facts that he is more than just a scorer and i will call him more than a 1 dimensional aka "scoring only" guy
i don't get this one dimensional thing....when you even said that he's average in everything else....Angel G already provided someone thats really one dimensional and thats Steve Novak...

So what do you call Steve Novak then? He's a straight up spot up shooter and nothing else...

sounds like you just want to argue just for the hell of it....but whatever...

@LD2k where is the PC patch? It's almost MAY FFS.....I just want some news on the damn thing...

# 52 turty11 @ 04/21/13 07:57 PM
yes novak is 1 dimensional, but what im saying is melo is ONLY a scorer. one dimensional may have been the wrong word to use. fine. but he is still just a scorer.

# 53 Blackhail92 @ 04/21/13 08:29 PM
Quote:
yes novak is 1 dimensional, but what im saying is melo is ONLY a scorer. one dimensional may have been the wrong word to use. fine. but he is still just a scorer.
What is Kevin Durant? a scorer. a 95 OVR scorer(not saying melo is better than him.) SO melo being a 93 is ok. If you watch melo this year he has done the little things needed to get wins on top of scoring like diving for loose balls, playing more agressive defense than he has in his career(stil not a great one) If you are saying his other skills arent as close to his scoring then that makes sense. But you cant say he is "one dimensional" just because he happens to be one of most versatile scorers in the league and that it is nearly impossible for any other part of his game to match it(unless you are lebron)

# 54 AmR @ 04/21/13 08:42 PM
So will there be a OA roster update anytime soon??!?!@?#!?

# 55 turty11 @ 04/21/13 09:16 PM
@black KD is a better passer defender and rebounder than melo, granted it's probably due to size, but its still better.

my point is melo is average at best except for maybe rebounding when it comes to his non scoring skill-sets

# 56 Blackhail92 @ 04/21/13 09:29 PM
Quote:
@black KD is a better passer defender and rebounder than melo, granted it's probably due to size, but its still better.

my point is melo is average at best except for maybe rebounding when it comes to his non scoring skill-sets
before this season melo avergaed more assists than KD his whole career. This year KD just took his "playing for stats" motto to another level. I remember seeing him get mad at thabo for not shooting the shot in thr fourth to get him his 10th assist smh. KD is a better perimeter defender becaus eof length and melo is a better post defender because of size. So to me their defenses cancel out since both arent very good at it. Besides scoring. What is KD above average at? Nothing just like melo. Kd is a 95. Melo is a 93. No problems with that

# 57 babythug23 @ 04/21/13 10:47 PM
Under missing players Malcolm thomas plays for bulls not golden st. Signed 2 year deal

# 58 diehardknicksfan @ 04/21/13 11:08 PM
Quote:

KD a turnover machine. He gets intrusted with more ball handeling duties and he turns it over more. Melo is the better passer buddy. It's not about getting the assists all the time when it comes to passing. Melo makes some exceptional passes. And has good court vision passing out of double teams which leads to open threes for the knicks 3pt chuckers.

# 59 turty11 @ 04/21/13 11:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardknicksfan
KD a turnover machine. He gets intrusted with more ball handeling duties and he turns it over more. Melo is the better passer buddy. It's not about getting the assists all the time when it comes to passing. Melo makes some exceptional passes. And has good court vision passing out of double teams which leads to open threes for the knicks 3pt chuckers.
durant has a better A:T ratio. and almost twice the assist rate. no offense, but i don't expect a knicks fan agree with me

# 60 JazzMan @ 04/21/13 11:33 PM
This KD/Melo argument is boring as hell lol

I keep checking this thread for something interesting but it's the same thing over and over.

I like you guys, but give it a rest lol both are excellent scorers

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.