Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

Another NBA 2K13 roster update arrived this morning. Here are some of the details. All injured players should get activated after the playoffs.
  • Quentin Richardson, New York Knicks (70) Added
  • Tracy McGrady, San Antonio Spurs (72) Added
  • Stephen Curry, Golden St. Warriors +2 (87)
  • Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks +3 (93)
  • Nate Robinson, Chicago Bulls +4 (82)
  • Roy Hibbert, Indiana Pacers +3 (79)
  • Evan Fournier, Denver Nuggets +8 (66)
  • Aaron Brooks, Houston Rockets -2 (76)
  • Shannon Brown, Phoenix Suns -2 (74)
  • Steve Nash, Los Angeles Lakers (82) - Returns from injury
  • Manu Ginobili, San Antonio Spurs (86) - Returns from injury
Players Still Missing
  • Kevin Jones (PF) - Cleveland Cavaliers
  • Shavlik Randdolph (PF) - Boston Celtics
  • Jarvis Varnado (PF) - Miami Heat
  • Terrel Harris (SG) - New Orleans Hornets
  • Kevin Murphy (SG) - Utah Jazz
  • Chris Wright (PG) - Dallas Mavericks
  • Julyan Stone (PG/SG) - Denver Nuggets
  • Ben Hansbrough (PG/SG) - Indiana Pacers
  • Tim Ohlbrecht (C) - Houston Rockets
  • Aron Baynes (C) - San Antonio Spurs
  • Diante Garrett (SG) - Phoenix Suns
  • Mickael Gelabale (SF) - Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Chris Johnson (C/PF) - Minnesota Timberwolves
  • Kent Bazemore (SG/SF) - Golden St. Warriors
  • Malcolm Thomas (PF/SF) - Golden St. Warriors

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 giftedchick @ 04/23/13 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkayC
So did anyone notice if ibakas 3pt shot is up?
well.. he has been shooting them a lot more

# 82 UnfriendlyBG @ 04/23/13 03:21 PM
i wonder if 2k was like contracted with someone to only provide roster support for pc until the end of the season. the rosters always came out ont ime for pc i dont get it

# 83 mango_prom @ 04/23/13 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by giftedchick
well.. he has been shooting them a lot more
He has made 17 threes this season. I mean shooting 34% on 0.7 attempts per game is not that bad, but I expected somewhat more when they said he "added a three point shot" before the season...
I really like the fact that Ibaka's midrange rating of 85 ( 47 FG% on 3.7 attempts) is still worse than Josh Smith's (86 mid rating while shooting 30%). Great job 2k!

Another thing...since there was no update for PC recently...does Kobe still have the same 82 3pt rating as Dirk? One is shooting 34% from three, the other 42%, am I right to assume that the "insider" doesn't care?

# 84 giftedchick @ 04/23/13 05:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
He has made 17 threes this season. I mean shooting 34% on 0.7 attempts per game is not that bad, but I expected somewhat more when they said he "added a three point shot" before the season...
I really like the fact that Ibaka's midrange rating of 85 ( 47 FG% on 3.7 attempts) is still worse than Josh Smith's (86 mid rating while shooting 30%). Great job 2k!

Another thing...since there was no update for PC recently...does Kobe still have the same 82 3pt rating as Dirk? One is shooting 34% from three, the other 42%, am I right to assume that the "insider" doesn't care?
i would say going from shooting 6 threes in 3 yrs combined... to hitting 20/57 this season (35%) warrants an update
source: http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...39/serge-ibaka
not to make him kyle korver or anything... but to at least honour the fact that he added it to his game

as for the josh smith stat... im pretty sure the rating also incorporates tendency(and not only percentage) - which i believe is correct

# 85 OkayC @ 04/23/13 05:38 PM
Quote:
i would say going from shooting 6 threes in 3 yrs combined... to hitting 20/57 this season (35%) warrants an update
not to make him kyle korver or anything... but to at least honour the fact that he added it to his game

as for the josh smith stat... im pretty sure the rating also incorporates tendency(and not only percentage) - which i believe is correct
thats what im saying. hes shotting them better now, and that right corner three seems to be his spot. if 2k doesn't update that, then im done with this game. too many glitches, wrong player ratings, and the developers obviously don't bring in basketball experts for this game. This game was great in theory, but still needs to fix its bugs.

# 86 mango_prom @ 04/23/13 06:03 PM
Quote:

I agee that Ibaka's 3pt rating needs to be higher. What exactly do you mean by incorporating tendency regarding Josh Smith?

# 87 turty11 @ 04/23/13 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
I agee that Ibaka's 3pt rating needs to be higher. What exactly do you mean by incorporating tendency regarding Josh Smith?
that smith takes more mid range shots than ibaka, so his rating should be higher.

granted that is terrible reasoning when there is a mid range tendency rating.

# 88 giftedchick @ 04/23/13 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
that smith takes more mid range shots than ibaka, so his rating should be higher.

granted that is terrible reasoning when there is a mid range tendency rating.
let me explain what i meant
(using random players and numbers)
if kyle korver shoots 200 3-pointers in a season and hits 39% ... and dwight howard went 9/9 = 100% .. should dwight have the higher rating because he went 100%? no..
even taking ibaka's actual stats - he went 1/2 = 50% his rookie season.. better than all of the top 3 point shooters.. imo volume/tendency should play a role in ratings

i dont feel like looking up the actual numbers/breakdown... but if smith is taking significantly more shots from distance (with comparable %) then he should probably have the higher stat... if he isnt, he shouldnt

# 89 turty11 @ 04/23/13 07:11 PM
Quote:
if kyle korver shoots 200 3-pointers in a season and hits 39% ... and dwight howard went 9/9 = 100% .. should dwight have the higher rating because he went 100%?
no, 9/9 doesnt count that is common sense...

i also don't think chuckers should get a higher rating because they chuck

ibaka has taken 11 fewer mid range shots than smith all year

# 90 mango_prom @ 04/23/13 07:35 PM
Quote:
if kyle korver shoots 200 3-pointers in a season and hits 39% ... and dwight howard went 9/9 = 100% .. should dwight have the higher rating because he went 100%? no..
even taking ibaka's actual stats - he went 1/2 = 50% his rookie season.. better than all of the top 3 point shooters.. imo volume/tendency should play a role in ratings

i dont feel like looking up the actual numbers/breakdown... but if smith is taking significantly more shots from distance (with comparable %) then he should probably have the higher stat... if he isnt, he shouldnt
I get your point and agree in general...Both Ibaka and Smith take about 4 midrange shots per game. The insider has simply no clue at all.

There are many better high attempt midrange shooters rated worse than Smith, for example Bargnani, Boozer, Lee, Horford, Jefferson and even Glen Davis. Meanwhile, DeMarcus Cousins gets an 85 for shooting 31%...he was pretty solid last year, but the 2k roster guy was too busy editing headbands to care about updating ratings...

# 91 giftedchick @ 04/23/13 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by turty11
no, 9/9 doesnt count that is common sense...

i also don't think chuckers should get a higher rating because they chuck

ibaka has taken 11 fewer mid range shots than smith all year
so why did u act like i was talking a foreign language? ... i was using a hyperbole to explain anyway

historically smith attempts/makes more distance shots than ibaka ... as stated before.. serge really only started shooting the ball this year

meh.. dont even know why im bothering ... i dont play with okc anyway

i like how u quoted me and left out my last statement though..

# 92 turty11 @ 04/23/13 08:27 PM
Quote:
so why did u act like i was talking a foreign language? ... i was using a hyperbole to explain anyway

historically smith attempts/makes more distance shots than ibaka ... as stated before.. serge really only started shooting the ball this year

meh.. dont even know why im bothering ... i dont play with okc anyway

i like how u quoted me and left out my last statement though..
that is because i wasn't "refering" to the last statement when i was talking about the 9/9...

# 93 detriotpistonfan @ 04/23/13 08:56 PM
Anyone here think chandler parson's speed, quickness, dunk, vert and athethisim rating need to be increased?

Comes off as being slower than he should be in the game.

# 94 JazzMan @ 04/23/13 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by detriotpistonfan
Anyone here think chandler parson's speed, quickness, dunk, vert and athethisim rating need to be increased?

Comes off as being slower than he should be in the game.
Him and Gordon Hayward are both severely lacking in the athletic department on 2k. But Parsons throws it down on the game, so I wouldn't increase his dunk or vert, but his speed and quickness need a boost. Same for Hayward.

# 95 Schwalm @ 04/24/13 03:51 PM
Can someone explain to me how Michael Beasley has 80 consistency? It should be a 25 tbh

# 96 UniversalNoob @ 04/24/13 04:08 PM
And still no roster update for pc...

# 97 basketball444 @ 04/24/13 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwalm
Can someone explain to me how Michael Beasley has 80 consistency? It should be a 25 tbh
I wish I could explain most of the things the insider does, but who the hell knows at this point. Does he even watch basketball is the better question.

# 98 xxedgexx @ 04/24/13 05:51 PM
What are the chances that Mike Brown is added as Cleveland's coach? I mean, it's still the 2012-2013 season, after all.

# 99 Angel_G @ 04/24/13 06:04 PM
No chance. Jared Jeffries won't be taken off the Trail Blazers either just like last year a couple of moves happend with non playoff teams and they actually said via Twitter that they weren't going to update those.

# 100 giftedchick @ 04/24/13 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxedgexx
What are the chances that Mike Brown is added as Cleveland's coach? I mean, it's still the 2012-2013 season, after all.
they arent scheduled to play any more games... no point

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.