Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA Sports has posted the release schedule for the Madden NFL 25 feature playbooks.

SportsNation will reveal the Madden NFL 25 cover athlete, as well as an exclusive video of the Run Free feature Wednesday, April 24th at 8:00 PM EST, on ESPN2.
  • Run Free - April 24
  • Infinity Engine 2 - April 24
  • Connected Franchise Part 1 - May 6
  • Connected Franchise Part 2 - May 20
  • Madden Share - June 24
  • Madden Ultimate Team - July 1
  • All-Madden Team - July 8
It's nice to see how blogs dedicated to Connected Franchise, which we are assuming is the sequel to Connected Careers last season. The first two blogs seem like NCAA might have already covered them somewhat, and Madden share is a big mystery.

What intrigues you the most about the list?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 wallofhate @ 04/22/13 11:22 AM
I cant lie im a little upset (being the guy ppl tease as playing fress up) that there aren't the new cleats and gloves in any of these pics. I'll hold our and hop that they will be in but every pic is taking that hope away. The shoulder pads look slimmer and shorter and the players look a lil proportionate but maybe it's just me

# 22 wicko72 @ 04/22/13 11:27 AM
Connected franchise. That is all.

Hope this means they bring back all the good stuff in previous madden franchise modes like relocation and all that good jazz.

# 23 The_Wise_One @ 04/22/13 11:31 AM
Hopefully draft share means what I think.

# 24 ch46647 @ 04/22/13 11:31 AM
EA Devs, I am sure many of you still come on these boards. Please provide a short gameplay video on wednesday along with the reveal. We know you will be providing a sizzle trailer, but most of us just want to see what the game will look like from a normal gameplay angle.

If you have succesfully overhauled locomotion and running animations, that alone will pop out immediately in a video and send these forums in an uproar of praise. (Not saying that is what "run free" is, but I hope so...)

# 25 Richuation @ 04/22/13 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
I don't like all the attention on CCM. I don't have Xbox Gold, so apparently I can't use CCM, even for solo play. I am presuming this means no love to offline Franchise - the only mode I play?
It's 2013...

# 26 DeuceDouglas @ 04/22/13 11:35 AM
It would be awesome if for Connected Franchise, there was the ability to connect an NCAA dynasty with a Madden Franchise and have the college story lines carry over into Madden. Odds on that happening at about a billion to one?

On a side note, I really hope they could find a way to have the college storyline pictures have them in actual college uniforms. I'd prefer to not even see the pictures unless they're accurate.

# 27 CM Hooe @ 04/22/13 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
I don't like all the attention on CCM. I don't have Xbox Gold, so apparently I can't use CCM, even for solo play. I am presuming this means no love to offline Franchise - the only mode I play?
CCM may be played offline without a connection to XBOX Live via the Play Offline option.

# 28 etched Chaos @ 04/22/13 11:57 AM
I hope to god they haven't removed the superstar option from CCM, if they have I'll be passing on Madden this year.

# 29 jpdavis82 @ 04/22/13 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by etched Chaos
I hope to god they haven't removed the superstar option from CCM, if they have I'll be passing on Madden this year.
Why does everyone assume this? Connected Careers had the option, Franchise had the option, why wouldn't Connected Franchise?

# 30 SageInfinite @ 04/22/13 12:14 PM
I just hope they went back the CBS inspired broadcast cameras. If not on current gen, at least enter next gen with those.

I think the sickest trailer EA could do would be to show reg game footage from a broadcast cam and have it look as close to real life as possible. Forget the sizzle cameras and the hiphop/rock music. Give us something that would make us do a double take. I really hope the animations come together next gen.

Still I'm looking forward to playing Madden 25 on current gen. I really don't care to see it much, I pretty much know what we're gonna be getting, I just want to play it.

# 31 jbd345 @ 04/22/13 12:21 PM
No presentation play book?? That seems odd to me. On the line of madden share, maybe custom sounds as well as what people have previously listed.

# 32 mestevo @ 04/22/13 12:24 PM
Presentation stuff could just folded into the Connected Franchise updates.

# 33 oneamongthefence @ 04/22/13 12:35 PM
Would like to have seen a presentation blog as well. 2 days to blog #1. Woohoo

From my fingers to your eyes...

# 34 jpdavis82 @ 04/22/13 12:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I just hope they went back the CBS inspired broadcast cameras. If not on current gen, at least enter next gen with those.

I think the sickest trailer EA could do would be to show reg game footage from a broadcast cam and have it look as close to real life as possible. Forget the sizzle cameras and the hiphop/rock music. Give us something that would make us do a double take. I really hope the animations come together next gen.

Still I'm looking forward to playing Madden 25 on current gen. I really don't care to see it much, I pretty much know what we're gonna be getting, I just want to play it.
You're referring to the camera work of Madden 12 right? I have no idea what happened with camera work from 12 to 13, it's such a step backwards.

# 35 Vaporub83 @ 04/22/13 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
It would be awesome if for Connected Franchise, there was the ability to connect an NCAA dynasty with a Madden Franchise and have the college story lines carry over into Madden. Odds on that happening at about a billion to one?

On a side note, I really hope they could find a way to have the college storyline pictures have them in actual college uniforms. I'd prefer to not even see the pictures unless they're accurate.
I'm pretty sure man doesnt have the license to have the college uniforms.

# 36 DeuceDouglas @ 04/22/13 12:50 PM
I think the biggest thing I want out of CCM or Connected Franchise is the ability to hire/fire my coach and, ideally, coaching staff. I'm hoping that's why it's being listed as Connected Franchise. That and some refined playcalling.

# 37 SageInfinite @ 04/22/13 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
You're referring to the camera work of Madden 12 right? I have no idea what happened with camera work from 12 to 13, it's such a step backwards.
Yes and as I recall they told you last year that this was still in Madden 13 on twitter which was totally false. No explanation why it was removed, and to also falsely state it still was in the game just doesn't make any sense.

# 38 xcef2005 @ 04/22/13 12:52 PM
Ugh Madden I hate myself for loving you..

If you were able to find a way to take the old Franchise of 2012 and combine it with Connected Careers of 2013 I think I'd be preordering a copy the same day I heard the news.

# 39 GlennN @ 04/22/13 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
CCM may be played offline without a connection to XBOX Live via the Play Offline option.
My bad - I thought you could not use CCM if you did not have Xbox Gold, even for single player offline franchise. That makes a huge difference. Thanks!

# 40 Sausage @ 04/22/13 01:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Wise_One
Hopefully draft share means what I think.
MADDEN SHARE, I'm concerned and hopefully wrong that this is another nickel and dime us feature similar to Ultimate Team. It may also be roster, slider, and settings share similar to 2K share.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.