Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA Sports has posted the release schedule for the Madden NFL 25 feature playbooks.

SportsNation will reveal the Madden NFL 25 cover athlete, as well as an exclusive video of the Run Free feature Wednesday, April 24th at 8:00 PM EST, on ESPN2.
  • Run Free - April 24
  • Infinity Engine 2 - April 24
  • Connected Franchise Part 1 - May 6
  • Connected Franchise Part 2 - May 20
  • Madden Share - June 24
  • Madden Ultimate Team - July 1
  • All-Madden Team - July 8
It's nice to see how blogs dedicated to Connected Franchise, which we are assuming is the sequel to Connected Careers last season. The first two blogs seem like NCAA might have already covered them somewhat, and Madden share is a big mystery.

What intrigues you the most about the list?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 RGiles36 @ 04/22/13 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I love Madden's player models. The running may not be realistic but at least the players are built like real football players.
Is this sarcasm? Not at ALL intended to be snarky -- just curious.

I think Tiburon has struggled w/ player models much of this generation. They really got on the right track w/ M12 but then they were awkward again come M13. For example, MJD was well put together in M12. Stocky and solid. in M13 at ship, he looked horribly thin. They eventually bulked him up, but he still had a waste like Beyonce.

# 82 secondsolution @ 04/22/13 09:05 PM
If Connected Franchise does allow imported draft classes, I hope the Madden Share feature allows them to be shared so that people with PAL consoles can take advantage of it as well.

# 83 jnb5001 @ 04/22/13 09:23 PM
I'm liking the player models. More definition IMO

# 84 CaptianBackwoods @ 04/22/13 09:34 PM
Y'all can't us serious bout the models lookin' good. They look like screenshots from 13, they don't even show if there's any new equipment.

# 85 SageInfinite @ 04/22/13 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36

I think Tiburon has struggled w/ player models much of this generation. They really got on the right track w/ M12 but then they were awkward again come M13. For example, MJD was well put together in M12. Stocky and solid. in M13 at ship, he looked horribly thin. They eventually bulked him up, but he still had a waste like Beyonce.
YES!!! Madden 12 had a lot of things going for it, which was why I was excited for 13. IDK what happened. The MJD is the PERFECT example of how the player models regressed after Madden 12. Don't get me wrong Madden 13 is a beautiful game as far as graphics and lighting/colors go, but 12 had some things that would have taken 13 to another level had they kept them and built.

# 86 Skyboxer @ 04/22/13 10:17 PM
Another year so I'll hope once again..
Please have a revamped D-Hot route system.
I loved 2K's where you could hot route D players without having to actually switch to them first.
The Kinect was "ok" doing it but was just too much hit and miss with it.

Oh and just for the sake of it.. A new passing system..

I have liked how Madden has been going recently so not complaining and am really looking forward to the next version. I just needed to get my requests out there again to keep the streak alive.

# 87 Aggies7 @ 04/22/13 10:36 PM
Beside the addition of imported draft classes and halftime/weekly recap show(Ill take just one at this point) The biggest additions I am hoping gets added is a camera angle behind the defense when your on defense.

# 88 Armor and Sword @ 04/22/13 10:39 PM
If Madden Share is a way to have a true roster vault. Omg would that be sick. Finally classic roster sets for Madden that can be shared through an EA locker system.

Oh my!!!!!

# 89 Skyboxer @ 04/22/13 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Beside the addition of imported draft classes and halftime/weekly recap show(Ill take just one at this point) The biggest additions I am hoping gets added is a camera angle behind the defense when your on defense.
CO-SIGN!!!
Dude if that gets in, and we've said it before, that would be a game changer.

I would even take that over a new passing system. Really really wish that gets in.

# 90 Aggies7 @ 04/22/13 10:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
CO-SIGN!!!
Dude if that gets in, and we've said it before, that would be a game changer.

I would even take that over a new passing system. Really really wish that gets in.
Yes sir. It been 3 years. 2 petitions and multiple threads started by multiple folks.

Maybe this is the year.

# 91 KANE699 @ 04/23/13 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36

I tried so hard to do something about this and MJD was my standing point mentioning how far off he looked.

# 92 jpdavis82 @ 04/23/13 02:57 AM
This link goes a little more into detail about each feature http://www.madden-school.com/madden-...dule-unveiled/

# 93 ch46647 @ 04/23/13 05:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
This link goes a little more into detail about each feature http://www.madden-school.com/madden-...dule-unveiled/
Looks like the "Run-Free" feature is just featuring the ball carrier.

EA, we need a complete overhaul to the locomotion/foot planting/running animations for ALL players on the field. I guess we will just have to wait until next-gen for this...

# 94 howboutdat @ 04/23/13 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gr18
I wouldn't get my hopes up that Madden Share pertains to draft classes.It was already implied that their created draft classes were the way they planned to go for now at least.I don't want to be the party pooper but it would be wise to keep expectations low and be pleasantly surprised if anything useful comes out of it.
so maybe im not in the loop, but isnt the imported draft classes everyone seems to be wanting , come from the classes in ncaa ? the only issue i have there is , it will still create a market for the cheat sheets in each draft class. Which to me, makes the "scouting" feature worthless. I would much rather see totally randomized draft classes for each league. Its a rather simple concept. Make 30 different classes like now, use same names in each league . except when a league starts up , the game would then randomize every single attribute for every player listed. Not just the top ten storyline guys , but for all players.I know this could be programmed into the game. This would really make the scouting feature very fun , and make each draft a real guessing game , just like the real NFL draft. I mean the way it is now, you know the attributes of players and who is worth picking without even doing any scouting.I mean i understand people want to use the real college kids coming up out of the ncaa in all , but to me , id much rather have a real randomized draft class , so everyone in the league actually has to scout who they want, thus that would create a much more fun and exciting draft each time around.

# 95 secondsolution @ 04/23/13 09:03 AM
Quote:
Judging by that, it sounds like the second Connected Franchise will focus on the aspect of playing as an owner. I'm very interested in seeing how it has been implemented.

# 96 Trick13 @ 04/23/13 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
... id much rather have a real randomized draft class , so everyone in the league actually has to scout who they want, thus that would create a much more fun and exciting draft each time around.
I agree, as long as I am not being forced to draft completely blind in some cases - in other words I should not have to "scout" combine/pro day numbers - you could make an argument for them being "variable" in their accuracy and I would be ok with that, but anybody with an internet connection can get every measurable from any pro-day and the combine so those numbers need to be "free".

# 97 DeuceDouglas @ 04/23/13 11:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick13
I agree, as long as I am not being forced to draft completely blind in some cases - in other words I should not have to "scout" combine/pro day numbers - you could make an argument for them being "variable" in their accuracy and I would be ok with that, but anybody with an internet connection can get every measurable from any pro-day and the combine so those numbers need to be "free".
This is where a "Mel Kiper's" or "Todd McShay's Big Board" would come in handy. You give us all the info on guys and then you have stories in the feed about whose stock has risen or fallen based on the combine. I wish they would get rid of the specific pick assessment's and just give them more vague round grades for prospects.

# 98 balljonesjr @ 04/23/13 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlennN
I don't like all the attention on CCM. I don't have Xbox Gold, so apparently I can't use CCM, even for solo play. I am presuming this means no love to offline Franchise - the only mode I play?
I have online on ps3 and 360 but I rarely play online so if it's all focused on online stuff I'm right with you

Anyway how about some comments on DB/WR interaction down field and line play

# 99 jpdavis82 @ 04/23/13 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
This is where a "Mel Kiper's" or "Todd McShay's Big Board" would come in handy. You give us all the info on guys and then you have stories in the feed about whose stock has risen or fallen based on the combine. I wish they would get rid of the specific pick assessment's and just give them more vague round grades for prospects.
Good idea Deuce, it would also be nice if we could make our own "Big Board" so when it's our time to draft, our top ranked players are listed first.

Would you guys like to see team visits or phone calls in Madden like NCAA has? What about team dinners and ''wining and dining" FA's during the offseason?

# 100 DeuceDouglas @ 04/23/13 11:50 AM
Quote:
Good idea Deuce, it would also be nice if we could make our own "Big Board" so when it's our time to draft, our top ranked players are listed first.

Would you guys like to see team visits or phone calls in Madden like NCAA has? What about team dinners and ''wining and dining" FA's during the offseason?
I don't think I would. I never really liked it in NCAA. I think Free Agency still needs to be tweaked a little bit so that you can't always feel like you're going to get exactly who you want. Visits could potentially help on that front. If you made it something like you could only negotiate with a guy while he's visiting and you were only allotted a certain amount of visits per day, it could make things interesting as you would lose out on certain guys that visited one place and never left like you see IRL. Overall though, I'd rather leave the somewhat tedious stuff strictly to the draft and scouting.

And yeah, it would be awesome if that were the case. As it was last year I was breaking out paper and pen and writing all these guys down. It would be cool if they could have a Kiper, McShay, and Mayock big board that would all be different. Would make things interesting and would play well with the Twitter feed and storylines.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.