Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

An exclusive Gamestop Madden NFL 25 pre-order graphic for 49ers fans might've just given away that some sort of 'Owner's Mode' will be included within Connected Franchise. In the graphic, former 49ers owner Eddie DeBartolo Jr. is listed as a playable character in connected franchise only.

What do you think this means for the Connected Franchise mode?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 roadman @ 04/22/13 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Which owners will you guys play as if this is indeed what it appears to be?
Packers don't have one, lol.

Mark Muphy by default?

Maybe for Packers owner the 12th fan or something like that.

Good one TracerB, almost lost it over a soda.

# 22 DeuceDouglas @ 04/22/13 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
I'm excited but just so tentative about what to expect. A real owner mode could go so many directions. Guessing there's no GMs, just owners and coaches (making AI the GM, if you 'give up control' of some elements of running the team)? Personalities and traits that influence drafts, trades, coaching personnel decisions? Will Irsay tweet? Can *I* tweet and have owners/press react, influencing my relationship with other owners (even canned agressive/passive/neutral responses to events/tweets). Competition Committee, allowing you to tweak the rules as long as you can get the other owners to go along?

Not exactly a transient position either, so harder to reasonably see that in Connected Franchise. And what does an owner bring to Ultimate Team I wonder? If you can figure out that last one then you can probably figure out the lowest common denominator for what the position brings to Connected Franchise.
I say make control just like Owner Mode was before. Basically you're in control of the franchise. You're the GM, the coach, the players everything. You have control who is the coach, who you're players are and everything. The more control the better, they should have learned that by now.

# 23 CM Hooe @ 04/22/13 01:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
And what does an owner bring to Ultimate Team I wonder? If you can figure out that last one then you can probably figure out the lowest common denominator for what the position brings to Connected Franchise.
The fine print of the ad says Eddie DeBartolo Jr is only available within connected franchise. Presumably, Joe Montana and Bill Walsh are available within connected franchise and Ultimate Team, just as they were last year, because there is no special note by their names in the ad.

# 24 CM Hooe @ 04/22/13 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Packers don't have one, lol.

Mark Muphy by default?

Maybe for Packers owner the 12th fan or something like that.
I want to believe this has more to do with General Manager responsibilities than anything else, in which case it might make more sense for Ted Thompson to be in the game.

Alternatively, they could call me up, I'm a Packers' stockholder.

# 25 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 04/22/13 02:09 PM
I wish I could go back and see how owner mode worked in the old Maddens again. I remember the owner mode in MVP Baseball was both extremely frustrating but very rewarding if you were successful (I was also pretty young back then, so I probably didn't know that much about how to be successful lol).

It would be kinda cool if you could do "Fan Appreciation Day" (pretty sure it was in the old Maddens) and have like a towel giveaway or something and they'd show a cut scene before the game of everyone waving towels and mention that there was a giveaway before the game or something like that. Or if you raise ticket prices too high, fewer people show up and the commentators mention that, etc.

Also, the old uniform editor (the one where you could actually choose the NFL team logos along with a lot of generic logos) would be nice to have back, though I thought I remember hearing that there was some sort of copyright issue with that or something.

# 26 tfctillidie @ 04/22/13 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brettmickey
If this turns out to be what we think it will be, what will happen if I get to the 20th year of my franchise as the Bills? Will Ralph Wilson be like 113 years old????
This is interesting really.

Will we see "Ralph dies" popping up on twitter? Then a random new owner buying the Bills and deciding to move them to Idaho?

# 27 PacMan3000 @ 04/22/13 04:08 PM
I was a 2K head back in the day, so remind me--what was so great about owner's mode?

I know that you could sort of...improve your stadium (I think?) or set season ticket prices. But what else could you do that is remembered so fondly that we cannot do now in CCM?

Change unis? Build new stadiums? Other things? For some reason, all I remember was the Tony Bruno show, which I liked, but I didn't play a whole lot of Madden games once the first 2K game dropped.

# 28 happymadison @ 04/22/13 04:13 PM
i'd be lamar hunt and show people how to be a superbowl winning owner.

# 29 PantherBeast_OS @ 04/22/13 04:31 PM
Owner mode would be nice to have back since Madden2007 ps2 days. But I hope that means I can still control the HC stuff and players in the game as well. Owner mode is only so fun and then it becomes boring fast. But adding this would be very big indeed. I've missed it for many years now. But please for the love of God please let them fix the cap glitch bug that is in the offline off line CCM. That needs to be address as well. I would love to once again to be able rebuild staduim or move my team to a state and fix ticket and food prices and stuff like that. Also to play as Panthers owner JR. Nice to play as a old man.

# 30 infemous @ 04/23/13 07:37 AM
Sounds promising but I hope they focus on the real important aspects of Owner Mode or any career mode and that is the creation of a backroom staff, the development of a roster (so fixing progression) and realistic contract negotiations.

The loss of OCs, DCs, QB Coaches and all staff members (as well as some official coaches, I mean, really?) really impacted the longevity of CCM for me. Likewise, seeing coaches get fired for losing in the NFC Championship, or Coaches leaving teams after winning Superbowls to coach another team etc. was really frustrating to see. A real coaching carousel with backroom staffs would be HUGE.

I liked the XP approach to progression but felt that it placed too much of an emphasis on drafting players and playing them immediately as well as them already coming out with certain (expensive) skills highly rated. I'd like to see your coaching staff really having an effect on players' ability to earn XP and progress, and with a real fleshed out traits system to differentiate players within gameplay as well as their ability to fit within your scheme.

Realistic contract negotiations (both with staff and players) would be crucial, including things like making a contract top or back loaded, certain incentives, re-structuring of contracts and just better CPU AI to know who to give that long term deal (Why re-sign 34 year old Running Backs and let Matt Ryan go? EVERY YEAR) that is based on production as well as their importance. I'm sick of seeing 26 year Old QBs in their prime being let go and replaced with 3 QBs in the resulting draft.

Anyway, I'm going off on a tangent.

Basically, I'm cautiously optimistic for what the mode can bring, but it needs certain things in order for it to work in my eyes, or have any merit.

Maybe owners could just be playing a role as you are a coach though? Part of the negotiations for your new contract or determines how they manage the team? Some owners are trigger happy with firing coaches, others are more stable, some may want marketable players (Tebow for Jax for example) while others are dedicated to winning? Would make each job different and every coach face different issues.
Could be implemented like the board in Football Manager....

# 31 infemous @ 04/23/13 07:39 AM
OK "PLAY" as an owner ruins the last bit lol ignore that.

# 32 secondsolution @ 04/23/13 08:05 AM
First off, jpdavis82 you're on fire with finding these little leaked bits and pieces about Madden, Great work mate. Second of all, my excitement for Madden 25 has risen considerably. Can't wait for the Connected Franchise blogs

# 33 secondsolution @ 04/23/13 08:08 AM
I wonder if this means we will have three options for Connected Franchise. Be a player (play as an individual), be a coach (similar to head coach, call plays etc.) or be an owner (control the whole team). Either way I'm excited to find out more about it.

# 34 jpdavis82 @ 04/23/13 09:24 AM
May 20th looks to be the day we find out about this.
http://www.madden-school.com/madden-...dule-unveiled/

"Take ultimate control of your Franchise."

# 35 cuttingteeth @ 04/23/13 10:21 AM
Dear football Gods (EA monopoly),

Houston Oilers...give 'em back...that is all.

# 36 NYBorn81 @ 04/23/13 03:44 PM
That would be awesome. Gives me incentive to buy this year, if true.

# 37 Cnada @ 04/23/13 11:46 PM
The Awkward thing about Next-Gen Release is that it would not be until the mid to end of the NFL season long after Madden current Gen is out

It will make alot of people buy Madden 25 twice? Kinda sucks big time.

Would be nice to see EA give code for Next-Gen but it would never do that maybe pre-order code for it then?

# 38 Cpre5 @ 04/24/13 12:04 AM
I'm excited about Eddie, but don't forget Gamestop said you could coach B.Sanders with J.Madden and that wasn't true.

# 39 Graffititech @ 04/24/13 01:37 AM
I really hope this marks the return of owners mode. Really excited to see how the next gen maddens turn out though, especially given the announcement of the ps4 share button and "madden share"

# 40 RJTurneR @ 04/24/13 03:42 PM
Anything gives you more control and more options when playing as your franchise, I'm up for. The one thing that used to annoy me a little is say, playing as someone like the Raiders. You take over them, re-build, make them a true contender. But your still stuck in the same stadium, you can't upgrade the look of your stadium for your new look team.

Hell, imagine if they went as far as being able to play as an OC or DC like an NCAA? Work your way up, become a coach. As with every Madden every year, one can only dream...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.