Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

The Big East conference, soon to be completely defunct as a football conference, is being replaced by it's successor, the American Athletic Conference (or American for short) in NCAA Football 14 this year.

Quote:
I recently caught up with an EA representative who set the record straight with all of the conference changes that will go into effect in this year's NCAA Football game. The most notable being the removal of the Big East, as it is now basketball only. Well, technically the Big East is still in the game as the remaining members -- USF, UCONN, Cincinnati, Rutgers, and Louisville -- are joined by newcomers Temple, Houston, SMU, Memphis and UCF. Things will change for the conference, once again, next year, but for now this is the make-up. However, the conference will now be known as the American Athletic Conference, and its new name will be represented in NCAA Football 14.

EA's Brad Hilderbrand confirmed to me that the Big East name has been replaced with American, "their preferred shorthand name rather than AAC." Since the conference has yet to finalize their logo, EA is using the NCAA pennant as a placeholder; it will be updated once the official American conference logo is decided.

There is no indication yet that future conferences moves will be incorporated into the game's dynasty mode, such as Tulsa becoming a member of the American later on, leaving Conference USA. We've submitted a request for comment and will update if we get anything back!

Thanks The Gaming Tailgate!

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 LambertandHam @ 04/22/13 06:09 PM
I'll have to get used to Pitt playing FSU and the gang in the ACC.

# 2 DeionAfterPicks @ 04/22/13 06:34 PM
Was really wondering about this. I'm pumped. My only remaining question regarding this, is if the future realignment will be possible, unlike last year. For instance, are there still:

1. Limits on Independents
2. Limits on Conference Size (Min and Max).
3. On-Going Scheduling Conflicts if you Manually Change Conferences, such as teams only playing 10 or 11 games.
4. Also, what about the BCS becoming history in a year??...

# 3 DeionAfterPicks @ 04/22/13 06:36 PM
Oh and of course, are Patches on Jerseys going to change if we switch them between conferences?? Rather than just the field art.

# 4 BA2929 @ 04/22/13 06:47 PM
Them sliding this into the game makes me hopeful they'll put in the tiny playoff option they're going to implement next year into the game this year.

# 5 Cowboy008 @ 04/22/13 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeionAfterPicks
Oh and of course, are Patches on Jerseys going to change if we switch them between conferences?? Rather than just the field art.
I would like to know this as well. I know it's not a big deal but it would be nice if they added that.

# 6 BA2929 @ 04/22/13 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy008
I would like to know this as well. I know it's not a big deal but it would be nice if they added that.

It's a pretty big deal to me, as I like to change around conferences quite a bit so the game doesn't get stale. Seeing the PAC 12 logo on Oregon's uni instead of whatever conference I put them into really annoys the heck out of me, and I'm not one to give a poo about uniforms. This is actually the only uniform issue I care about.

# 7 EAGLESFAN10 @ 04/22/13 07:11 PM
Being a Big East fan well was a Big East Fan everything that has happened to the conference has been a disgrace Football and Basketball wise especially Basketball ugh

# 8 CM Hooe @ 04/22/13 07:15 PM
Good to know that the conferences (big-picture speaking) will be up-to-date.

# 9 DeionAfterPicks @ 04/22/13 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Good to know that the conferences (big-picture speaking) will be up-to-date.
Except the absence of Appalachian State, Charlotte and UT-Arlington?? I think it's them. This leaves some Conferences without the option for championship games in future Dynasty Years (Realistically speaking). I wish EA would allow at least the ability to add teambuilder teams to a dynasty. Even a limit of >5 or >3 who cares it'd be nice.

# 10 CT Pitbull @ 04/22/13 07:30 PM
its a disgrace how money has ripped apart the GREATEST college basketball conference of all time. As a UConn fan, its really tough to see us left "holding the bag" as every other geographical rival migrates to bigger and better conferences. we needed to be more aggressively searching and finding a way to get in to either the ACC or B1G 10. Its gonna be hard knowing our supposed "rival" in football is now gonna be cincinnati? and not rutgers. Sad

# 11 CM Hooe @ 04/22/13 07:31 PM
Quote:
Except the absence of Appalachian State, Charlotte and UT-Arlington?? I think it's them. This leaves some Conferences without the option for championship games in future Dynasty Years (Realistically speaking). I wish EA would allow at least the ability to add teambuilder teams to a dynasty. Even a limit of >5 or >3 who cares it'd be nice.
I'm confused; none of these schools are listed as pending members of the AAC. What am I missing?

# 12 DeionAfterPicks @ 04/22/13 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
I'm confused; What am I missing?
No I was just commenting on him saying that the future conferences will be accurate. I just saw what he said a different way. I forgot Georgia Southern on that list. AAC wouldn't be affected but the conferences they are taking from will be because of some of those teams.

# 13 DeionAfterPicks @ 04/22/13 07:49 PM
It'd be cool if they could fix this with some sort of auto-add system. Such as program in the moves these schools will be making; substitute their names in like FCS-Boone for Appalachian, and FCS-Charlotte and so on so you know to replace, and have the ability to replace them with your teambuilder teams. Then have the option, when starting your dynasty, to do Auto-Adds (Yes/No). They would have to have to scheduling logics I suppose though.

# 14 TDenverFan @ 04/22/13 08:20 PM
Quote:
None of those schools will be in the FBS this year. UT-Arlington doesn't even have a football team, so why would they be in the game?

# 15 DeionAfterPicks @ 04/22/13 08:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
None of those schools will be in the FBS this year. UT-Arlington doesn't even have a football team, so why would they be in the game?
I know that's not what I'm saying. I know it's off the topic of AAC.

# 16 erod328 @ 04/22/13 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
2013 FCS Independent Old Dominion is in this years game, so why not Charlotte and App State?!

# 17 TDenverFan @ 04/22/13 08:52 PM
Quote:
I know that's not what I'm saying. I know it's off the topic of AAC.
Then I'm not really sure what your point is.

App State, GSU, and Charlotte will probably be in next year.

UT-Arlington will be added if they create an FBS football team.

# 18 BA2929 @ 04/22/13 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erod328
2013 FCS Independent Old Dominion is in this years game, so why not Charlotte and App State?!

How did a thread about the new AAC go in this direction?

# 19 DeionAfterPicks @ 04/22/13 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
How did a thread about the new AAC go in this direction?
My fault haha. Someone just commented on how all the conferences will be accurate for the future in Dynasty and I just mentioned that some teams in the future will still be missing. Like I said it'd be cool if they programmed these moves in (with FCS-(...) and let us replace FCS-Boone and FCS-Charlotte, etc. with Teambuilder teams. Just a crazy idea

# 20 Sundown2600 @ 04/23/13 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Pittbull
its a disgrace how money has ripped apart the GREATEST college basketball conference of all time. As a UConn fan, its really tough to see us left "holding the bag" as every other geographical rival migrates to bigger and better conferences. we needed to be more aggressively searching and finding a way to get in to either the ACC or B1G 10. Its gonna be hard knowing our supposed "rival" in football is now gonna be cincinnati? and not rutgers. Sad
The irony of it. We all love football, but football killed the Big East. In UConn's case they wanted to join the ACC but the ACC did not and does not need them. They have the New England and New York market sewed up with Boston College and Syracuse respectively. It's all about football, tv and money.

Glad to see this American Athletic Conference in the game but it also makes me wonder. The announcement of the new name came in early April or late March if I'm not mistaken. That's very short notice for it to be included in this game that releases in July. How many times have we heard about something not being added to the game because there was not enough time to add it? Just wondering.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.