Home
Tiger 14 News Post

The Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 patch is available now for PS3 users, weighing in at 28 MB. The team is currently awaiting Microsoft to approve the patch before giving a release date for 360 users.

UPDATE: The 360 patch arrives Friday, May 3rd.

To go along with this patch, a total statistical online reset will occur on the servers. Created golfer level, XP points, coin bank, and all offline stats will remain unaffected.

EA Sports and the Tiger 14 team are crediting everyone's account with 25,000 coins as a thank you for your patience.

Below is a list of fixes.
  • Fix for H2H online issue where players get incorrect stats after completing event (including DNFs, etc...)
  • Fix for Legends of the Majors multiple part challenges not working in rare instances.
  • Fix to move aiming spin back to right stick if right stick is your hit stick
  • Restored original follow camera for putting
  • Fix the camera button from defaulting back to regular view when changing holes
  • Fix for H2H cameras so they no longer pull back after a ball comes to a rest
  • Fix for H2H opponent cameras not tracking the ball and instead staying behind the user
  • Fix for Country Club stat "Double Eagle" always displaying "0"
  • Fix for some Country Club stats not tracking correctly
  • Fix for wrong stats in info module on the event select screen for events that have closed in Connected Tournaments.
  • Fix for some career stats not matching front-end stats correctly
  • Fix for some career stats that show incorrect information
  • Fix for issue where country flags are incorrectly showing on club world ranking in-game banners
  • Fix for shot preview arc not drawing completely when using shot preview pin
  • Fix Strike Meter to always be 'sticky' for Move players
  • Fix for Loyalty Bonus timer (currently display days, will be hours)
  • Fix for user's score not displaying in the front-end leaderboard when submitting a score for play the pro event
  • Fix for 'next hole' stats not appearing correctly in live tournaments
  • Fix for score column showing incorrect information after playing multiple rounds in Play the Pros.
  • Fix for playoffs sometimes going to night (if choosing to play night or live time of day, playoffs can still go to night)
  • Fix for opponents sometimes not animating during H2H games.
  • Fix for various issues that occur on the final round simulation leaderboards in career mode
  • Fix for clubs resetting to default after having played a historic challenge in legends of the majors
  • Fix for aiming info and other on-screen indicators disappearing at times.
  • Fix for boost pins in H2H matches not working for users that did not set up the game
  • Fix for eventual crash that would happen if game loads into demo mode when start is not pressed in time
  • Fix for live tournament round screen not showing the proper time remaining in tournament
  • Fix for incorrect display of XP Pin Bonus amount
  • Fix for crash in golfer level purchase flow where coin price is incorrectly set to 0 coins
  • Fix for mute user functionality where user becomes un-muted when a new user joins the session or a user leaves the session
  • Fix for connected tournament banners not showing #1 ranked user in the banner
  • Removed debug 3 hole setting from play now as this setting was never intended to be in final game

Game: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 13 - View All
Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 OnlookerDelay @ 04/29/13 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjamierocks
Just received the update, 28mb, have fun.
Thanks and hope it all goes as planned! Please let us Xbox 360 users know how you like that new Follow putting camera and how well the Head to Head cameras are working in multiplayer online. Hopefully they're working at least as good as they did in Tiger 13, True-Aim not withstanding.

One additional question; does the Follow cam still rewind back toward the point from which the shot was struck after it has followed the ball to its destination in all modes of play, online and off? The patch notes weren't clear on this and in fact read that like was only a problem in H2H.

# 2 Stormyhog @ 04/29/13 01:44 PM
What really sucks about the patch is that it resets all online stats and leaderboards. This effects country clubs, online h2h and connected tournaments. They have a message of the day at the main menu stating this.

# 3 MrArlingtonBeach @ 04/29/13 05:47 PM
It's too bad we can't buy DLC courses with coins like we could last year...that 25K coin bonus would have paid for unlimited use at a course, plus some.

# 4 MrArlingtonBeach @ 04/29/13 06:16 PM
Also, the patch is causing a club reset issue after H2H online matches. Here's confirmation from a dev and the way to work around it.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9476932.page

# 5 PES3Paul @ 04/30/13 12:25 PM
Still no 360 patch as I send this...

# 6 ImTellinTim @ 04/30/13 12:44 PM
I still haven't downloaded the patch. It seems that all issues are related to online H2H so far, is that correct? If so, I'm just going to go ahead and download it later because I don't play online H2H.

# 7 CRIP4LIFE @ 04/30/13 12:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PES3Paul
Still no 360 patch as I send this...
why would there be? the date for the xbox360 patch has not even been announced yet. the original post clearly states:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjamierocks
The Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 14 patch is available now for PS3 users, weighing in at 28 MB. The team is currently awaiting Microsoft to approve the patch before giving a release date for 360 users.
bolded for clarity.

# 8 dcherry @ 04/30/13 12:54 PM
It seems like the cut line bug is still there. I don't know if that was supposed to be fixed, but it's still frustrating. I was excited that I birdied the last hole, which I thought guaranteed the weekend for me.

I shot a +4, the cut was +5, and I didn't make the cut.

There were golfers with worse scores ahead of me on the final leaderboard as well.

# 9 CRIP4LIFE @ 04/30/13 12:58 PM
patch notes don't mention a fix for that bug.. hopefully in a future patch? that's a bad bug to leave unfixed.

# 10 RumbleCard @ 04/30/13 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcherry
It seems like the cut line bug is still there. I don't know if that was supposed to be fixed, but it's still frustrating. I was excited that I birdied the last hole, which I thought guaranteed the weekend for me.

I shot a +4, the cut was +5, and I didn't make the cut.

There were golfers with worse scores ahead of me on the final leaderboard as well.
I know there were a ton of issues but this was the primary problem going in. Disastrous to say the least.

They might as well pull the 360 patch now. Not sure if they can but its better than opening up another can of worms.

# 11 dcherry @ 04/30/13 03:31 PM
That's the third time in my 2 years on the Web.com Tour that I was above the cut line and didn't make the cut. 2 pre-patch and now my first tournament post-patch.

I love the challenge and the grind of the game..trying so hard to at least hang around par and make the cut. But when you work so hard to make the cut and a glitch doesn't allow it. It makes me not want to play anymore.

# 12 rolltide1017 @ 04/30/13 04:11 PM
I'm not sure I want this patch after reading some the reactions by PS3 players on the EA forums. Sounds like it breaks more then it fixes. People are talking about clothes resetting, clubs resetting and disappearing club heads during matches. Some are saying they are experiencing more freezes post patch. Honesty, I'd rather deal with bad stats and a poor putting camera then graphics disappearing. Maybe I've just been lucky but I've had very few issues with the game, I'd hate to end up with more noticeable problems after the patch.

# 13 kamackeris76 @ 04/30/13 05:16 PM
The cut problem and players winning events scoring worse scores than the guy in second place on career mode is my biggest problem with this game.... This better be fixed on the 360!

Hull City FC for life

# 14 lrarkman @ 04/30/13 09:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamackeris76
The cut problem and players winning events scoring worse scores than the guy in second place on career mode is my biggest problem with this game.... This better be fixed on the 360!

Hull City FC for life
I totally agree with you. I have the PS3 game and have been waiting until the patch before I start my career but it sounds like some people are saying the "cut issue" is still a problem. I don't play online, so this is a big deal to me.

# 15 kamackeris76 @ 05/01/13 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrarkman
I totally agree with you. I have the PS3 game and have been waiting until the patch before I start my career but it sounds like some people are saying the "cut issue" is still a problem. I don't play online, so this is a big deal to me.
Agreed.... If this isn't even being looked at then all my faith in ea sports is gone. This is a great game, the only game I'm playing right now.... But it needs fixing and imo this is the biggest issue

Hull City FC for life

# 16 RumbleCard @ 05/01/13 03:47 PM
Any comments from EA or on their forum? I have to wonder if there will even be a 2nd patch with them gearing down and cutting jobs. I'm not from the camp that believes they were retooling to make a better game, I believe they were downsizing to cut costs.

So with that said are they currently equipped to even push out another comprehensive patch?

This game is right on the bubble. If they can fix the patch or the problems that were missed then it will easily go down as the best golf game ever released. If they fail to fix it then it goes down as yet another "what could have been".

# 17 manny2012 @ 05/01/13 07:16 PM
Its weird to me that so many of these glitches aren't happening to me. I am at level 96 and not one single freeze in ANY mode mentioned.

# 18 kamackeris76 @ 05/01/13 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny2012
Its weird to me that so many of these glitches aren't happening to me. I am at level 96 and not one single freeze in ANY mode mentioned.
Play career mode pga tour.. Cut is messed up and the winners of tournaments messed up.... And from sounds of it not fixed on ps3 patch... Hoping 360 is showed a bit more love

Hull City FC for life

# 19 OnlookerDelay @ 05/01/13 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manny2012
Does all modes include Legends? It seems that those who avoid playing Legends mode have had fewer to no problems. I can only guess since I'm an XBox 360 version owner.

# 20 bwiggy33 @ 05/01/13 08:30 PM
I thought that cut glitch was one of the big fixes for the patch? If that isn't fixed that's pretty ridiculous. Hell they shouldn't have even needed us to find that glitch. That's something that is just flat out obvious from playing the game. To me this is as bad a bug you can get. I have 360 so maybe it will be fixed for that, but I highly doubt it.

« Previous1234Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.