Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Quote:
Watch the official insider look video featuring exclusive gameplay footage now to find out how the new precision ball carrier moves in Madden NFL 25 will allow you to run free.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 MAGboyswifT27 @ 05/02/13 07:52 PM
I'll have to admit that I was disappointed with this because of the way the RBs look as they run. It doesn't seem realistic (arcade like) and unless its Barry Sanders, none of the RBs in the league should be able to pull off combo moves or make runs like that. And for most Madden gamers one of the biggest problems in the franchise have been the defensive side of the ball. Whether its with coverage or defensive line interaction, I just hope that there's some kind of balance to the gameplay or some kind of effort on EA's part to bring a good football product back to their customers. I hope other playbooks and sizzle videos can leave some kind of hope to us. I wish that EA was like how they used to be back in the day, being innovative, and making fans/customers excited for the next game the following year instead of being inconsistent and having us as fans/customers rant about the problems. I tried to find some positives in this video but couldn't. And I didn't want to be that guy that just complains about everything, I'm just sharing my opinion for what I saw..

# 42 Kevin26385 @ 05/02/13 07:52 PM
I am really interested to see this fatigue system implemented into the game. We will obviously have to wait for our first gameplay video which probably will come at E3.

These moves are all being done within the first 15 yards from the line of scrimmage...hopefully you can see the player fade/slow down after pulling these types of "combos".

Not so pleased with the running styles, especially since I am a Bears fan and Forte runs very "tall". However, I agree with JP...best part of the video was the stiff-arm animations.

# 43 The_Balm @ 05/02/13 07:53 PM
The way these videos are going I wish they just would've scrapped Madden 25, give us roster updates for Madden 13 and put all hands on deck for next gen. Because either next gen is going to be horribly disappointing or they're going to be scrapping all of this anyway, because they desperately have to get a new animation engine, new animations and start over.

# 44 RandyBass @ 05/02/13 07:53 PM
Not really feelin' it... The hop back move looks awkward... So does the juke hop... The stiff arm actually looks okay... And a guy still gets trucked off his feet? SMH @ 1:09.

I don't know, if it plays well and the AI plays smart, any negative shown here can be forgiven.

# 45 The_Balm @ 05/02/13 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmurphy31
Serious question. How do the running animations look do unrealistic if they use motion capture technology. Not sure how hard it is to use it but, if they capture a person running shouldn't it look the same in the game?
Their animation engine is bad, outdated and badly tuned for a lack of a better word (for example their animations override their physics engine causing impossible things that happen).

# 46 ch46647 @ 05/02/13 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon48xbox
The way these videos are going I wish they just would've scrapped Madden 25, give us roster updates for Madden 13 and put all hands on deck for next gen. Because either next gen is going to be horribly disappointing or they're going to be scrapping all of this anyway, because they desperately have to get a new animation engine, new animations and start over.
10000% co-sign to this. This has to be one of the worst animation engine for ANY large video game release in any genre. It has been this way the whole generation and it has to be an engine issue that they just dont feel they can address...

# 47 ncaafootball14markus @ 05/02/13 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broken Stixx
I see the talking horse sold you some kool-aid
...and u should read more since ea specifically mentioned a new stamina bar that will affect all of your players, so that you can't continue to make plays such as the ones shown in the video. this is old news.

# 48 SageInfinite @ 05/02/13 08:17 PM
DeMarco Murray broke his own ankle, lol. Serious juking going on there.

# 49 Guapo516 @ 05/02/13 08:19 PM
Good to see some of you guys actually understand that what's being highlighted in the demonstration is what the purpose of this demonstration is! I'm sure the moves you see being displayed wont be cheesy, I would have to guess all this is being played on the lowest gameplay level just to showcase the moves. I gotta question what would you consider Arcady looking moves? Cause from what I see are a bunch of combo moves you were unable to do before but from personal experience I have either done or seen first hand. Also to me None of the moves covers to much space either, I just think they probably look unnecessary or over the top and super effective in some cases cuz the gameplay level. But again I think that's the purpose to show you what's possible. I can't lie haven't been excited for a football game in years but I'm liking what I see!

# 50 ncaafootball14markus @ 05/02/13 08:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTruth437
I shouldn't have used the word "highlight".

All I'm trying to say is a running back can use his arsenal of moves in the backfield or any other part of the football field, so EA can showcase the Run-Free without most runs going for a lot of yards. Watching the NFL provides all the evidence I could ever need to back-up my point.
why would they showcase "fun-free moves" for running backs tackled after barely hitting the line of scrimmage or behind the line of scrimmage for negative yards? its make sense for them to show "fun-free moves" to show that they can be effective in juking defenders and hitting daylight.

# 51 ncaafootball14markus @ 05/02/13 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite

LMFAO! hilarious. of course...who's gonna pause their game and turn it off because of this.

# 52 SageInfinite @ 05/02/13 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaafootball14markus
LMFAO! hilarious. of course...who's gonna pause their game and turn it off because of this.
I certainly would!

# 53 Guapo516 @ 05/02/13 08:30 PM
To the dude that mentioned next gen I can sympathize with you there! I bought my ps3 when it first came out and was disappointed year after year with almost all my sports games. Madden and nba live mostly and I had to stop purchasing them but NCAA football started making games good games that just functioned correctly! Then ncaa just started feeling repetative and i stopped purchasing those too. Madden never really caught on for some reason like live.

I kinda feel we won't go through that this this time around. Maybe it's wishful thinking but I feel like the console creators and the game makers had to learn from the last generation transition and are going to do a way better job with bridging the gap.

# 54 CT Pitbull @ 05/02/13 08:30 PM
Quote:
Bingo. I'm still gonna have my eyes open and see what they come up with, but honestly I don't think Tiburon has the capability. I mean they supposedly captured all of the animations this year for these jukes, and they just look awful. Screen shots of the cuts and jukes look like they would be awesome, but you see footage and they are some of the goofiest animations I've ever seen, and they're cool with that. I mean unless the animation engine or whatever is causing the animations to look so bad, they captured these thinking they looked good. I just don't think these guys have what it takes. I love football so much that I hope with every ounce of me that I'm wrong, but it doesn't seem like it. I mean they worked on the passing game last year, and glitched the sig throws so guys are throwing the ball like it's a baseball. I mean qb's really getting their back foot off of the field on the follow through. It just looks awful, and this is what they focused on. I mean I don't see how some of this stuff doesn't bother them.

Hate to bring up APF, but I was playing it last night, and the animations are really smooth, but as far as transitions and foot planting, there's still a bit of sliding. The difference I noticed is that the animations look like football player moves. They look like athletes. In Madden they look like goof balls. I noticed one video the back doing a cut and he has his head looking toward the sideline instead of downfield. It's like they tell these guys to do moves and they just do them without thinking, hey this is supposed to be like I'm actually in a football game. Unless the head tracking is separate, which is something they still should've fixed. IDK man, this thing can go either way, but I dont think it's gonna turn out well for guys like me. I just don't know anymore....
exactly how I feel ..the core of this games movements are fundamentally so off. The basic football movements are just non-existent. Running, throwing, wrap tackling, vision awareness, etc etc is broken. Also the speed of it all together(no matter what speed you play the game on) just doesn't seem to be "in sync". Maybe their technology is just not suited to make an outstanding football simulation. I ask how this could be when the same company makes FIFA and NHL games that clearly use a more advanced engine/technology. Obviously there's no "show and tell" day at EA. Or maybe there is and the Madden dev team wasn't invited. I just don't get it. Its just killing me that the number 1 sport I wanna play a video game of is soooo far behind all the other sports games that exist.

# 55 Skyboxer @ 05/02/13 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaafootball14markus
Yep you can take the best game and go to replay...slow down etc.. and find stuff that looks wacky.

# 56 GoToledo @ 05/02/13 08:55 PM
What I would like to know is will the AI finally run as aggressively as they do in that video?

# 57 carvis#15 @ 05/02/13 08:57 PM
Lol you guys crack me up. It's a trailer. You know when you have a highlight tape of someone? They obviously won't show the offensive players getting creamed by the defense if it is a "run free" trailer. For a trailer, I thought this was good though. The Pros are at :24, Oh my goodness, his ankles are on the ground. The cons are the weird running form and that ridiculous truck they keep showing. Also Doug Martin made that linebacker look like a kid with that stiff arm. Overall, it still looked pretty fun. I'm guessing live game play would be much better so we can actually see a challenge from the defense because then again, who in the world makes defensive trailers?

# 58 SageInfinite @ 05/02/13 09:08 PM
yeah personally I'm not trippin about the broken tackles and trucking, I understand it's a highlight video and that's what they're promoting. The new NHL trailer showed a whole bunch of hits knocking guys all over the ice and I'm sure that won't be happening every second. I try not to dissect the gameplay with these type of trailers. E3 will be a clearer indication.

# 59 carvis#15 @ 05/02/13 09:13 PM
Quote:

LMBO..."aye do the stanky leg"!

# 60 jpdavis82 @ 05/02/13 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvis#15
Lol you guys crack me up. It's a trailer. You know when you have a highlight tape of someone? They obviously won't show the offensive players getting creamed by the defense if it is a "run free" trailer. For a trailer, I thought this was good though. The Pros are at :24, Oh my goodness, his ankles are on the ground. The cons are the weird running form and that ridiculous truck they keep showing. Also Doug Martin made that linebacker look like a kid with that stiff arm. Overall, it still looked pretty fun. I'm guessing live game play would be much better so we can actually see a challenge from the defense because then again, who in the world makes defensive trailers?
Apparently EA because the next video up is the IE2 video which is supposed to show how it counters run free on defense according to the last paragraph of the How to Run Free blog that they posted tonight.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.