Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA was scheduled to release everything we wanted to know about Connected Franchise mode in Madden NFL 25 (or at least the first half of everything we wanted to know) tonight with Madden 25's Playbook #3. Tweets are flying online that suggest EA might have cancelled their reveal tonight, pushing it back to May 20 instead with a two part reveal of the 'new' mode. It's possible EA felt they couldn't reveal just part of Connected Franchise and wait a couple of weeks to reveal the rest, so they're doing it all on the same day.

Update: EA confirms the playbook has been moved back, "We're going to reveal all Connected Franchise features on the 20th so fans can get all the news about the mode and it's features at one time. So we're not canceling the first Connected Franchise Playbook, but are rather combining it with the other one so that all the details are announced at the same time (May 20th). We'll also be supporting the announcement with assets (blogs, videos, etc.) in the days after the announcement, like what we've been doing with the already-released Playbooks."

Here is the updated schedule.
  • Connected Franchise - (May 20th)
    Cement your legacy as one of the all-time greats and take ultimate control of your franchise.
  • Madden Share - (June 24th)
    The best content from around the Madden NFL universe, right at your fingertips.
  • Madden Ultimate Team - (July 1st)
    Enjoy new ways to play and build your team in this year’s edition of Ultimate Team.
  • All-25 (July 8th)
    Celebrating 25 years of Madden NFL's best of the best.
So there you go. Are you bummed? Understanding? Anything in between?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 EASPORTS_AJ @ 05/06/13 01:45 PM
You guys are assuming A LOT based on one Playbook being pushed back to a later date. I can assure you NO features were removed from the game or sacrificed. We merely want to have all the info on the same day. Sorry this disappoints you guys. I know you were looking forward to it today, but I assure you we are not trying to hide stuff. Just a simple communication change.

Let's all breath a little.

The full Connected Franchise reveal will be on 5/20.

# 22 moneal2001 @ 05/06/13 01:46 PM
and now we have confirmation

# 23 CM Hooe @ 05/06/13 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTS_AJ
You guys are assuming A LOT based on one Playbook being pushed back to a later date. I can assure you NO features were removed from the game or sacrificed. We merely want to have all the info on the same day. Sorry this disappoints you guys. I know you were looking forward to it today, but I assure you we are not trying to hide stuff. Just a simple communication change.

Thanks for the clarification, AJ. We will look forward to the reveal on the 20th, this being the case.

# 24 Kingd803 @ 05/06/13 01:50 PM
Quote:

Are you the same AJ that left EA and went on the rant on twitter?

# 25 roadman @ 05/06/13 01:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingd803
Are you the same AJ that left EA and went on the rant on twitter?
No, he is not.

# 26 howboutdat @ 05/06/13 01:51 PM
Quote:

glad you waited till the last minute to decide that you needed to let it all out on one day 9 hours before it was supposed to happen, and mr looman gets to cancel his apperance on radio show tonight as well. Nice touch. coulda just told us all that a week ago, and not gotten people excited to hear something. is that really hard to understand? i mean only reason people think its much more to it, is because of something called track record......

# 27 roadman @ 05/06/13 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
glad you waited till the last minute to decide that you needed to let it all out on one day 9 hours before it was supposed to happen, and mr looman gets to cancel his apperance on radio show tonight as well. Nice touch. coulda just told us all that a week ago, and not gotten people excited to hear something. is that really hard to understand? i mean only reason people think its much more to it, is because of something called track record......
Maybe that decision wasn't made till late on Friday or early today??

# 28 howboutdat @ 05/06/13 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Maybe that decision wasn't made till late on Friday or early today??
i kinda doubt it , since it was just reported like sat or sunday that looman was gonna be on a radio program tonight to talk about the info gonna be released today.........

# 29 EASPORTS_AJ @ 05/06/13 01:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by californ14
If it is about same day presentation then move the 20th release up to the 6th....

Would be nice to see a game play video of the most recent build....Even 3 plays, 2 runs and a pass would be cool....
Welp... I want to see 5 minutes of GTA V gameplay too.

# 30 LovejoyOTF @ 05/06/13 01:56 PM
i never understood why connected franchise was being revealed split over a two week period so this makes more sense but i think bottling it on the day of the first reveal and deciding to do this is a bit of a ***** move.

# 31 CM Hooe @ 05/06/13 01:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteriousPanther
Was CCM that big of a mess in Madden NFL 13 last year? One question, is connected franchise mode online?
For a little while, it was pretty buggy, likely as a result of the aggressive push it took to get the feature into the game in the first place. It took a couple title updates to straighten out the mode into something completely useable, but once in that state I thought it was quite enjoyable.

That said, above all else I think it is important that Madden have a bug-minimal release this year with regard to the game's career mode. Bugs upon rolling out a new feature can be forgiven by some, but having major bugs in the same feature two years in a row would be a bit discouraging.

# 32 howboutdat @ 05/06/13 02:00 PM
Quote:
i kinda doubt it , since it was just reported like sat or sunday that looman was gonna be on a radio program tonight to talk about the info gonna be released today.........
it was actually only announced 17 hours ago... so in last 17 hours , they decided this .....just shows poor management to me . show it all today if you just wanted to let it all out on one day. prove us wrong....

# 33 roadman @ 05/06/13 02:00 PM
Quote:
Well, then, a final decision was made today.

Out of our hands and control.

# 34 EASPORTS_AJ @ 05/06/13 02:02 PM
Quote:
Dude... I understand you are disappointed, but this is not some marketing ploy. Instead of releasing half the picture, we are releasing the whole thing at once. I don't know what else to tell you. It's not malicious.

Obviously I can't say anything right now, but your questions about CFM will be answered on 5/20.

# 35 SageInfinite @ 05/06/13 02:05 PM
The day before the Microsoft reveal, hmmm........Should be an interesting week.

# 36 jbd345 @ 05/06/13 02:12 PM
I just want to know why this was pushed back. Was the blog not written by today or did they find a bug last minute. Just don't understand the move, but the way it looks now is a marketing ploy.

# 37 roadman @ 05/06/13 02:15 PM
According to EA, they are just releasing the info all at once.

We'll need to wait patiently.

I don't worry too much about stuff that is out of my control.

# 38 DaBlackGoku @ 05/06/13 02:15 PM
Geez people, chill. There are a lot more things to be worried about that something be pushed back for two weeks. I'm slightly disappointed, but honestly, it's not like it's getting pushed back by months. You guys need to chill....

# 39 aholbert32 @ 05/06/13 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbd345
I just want to know why this was pushed back. Was the blog not written by today or did they find a bug last minute. Just don't understand the move, but the way it looks now is a marketing ploy.
How is it a "marketing ploy"? How is this good marketing? This is the opposite of this actually. By failing to deliver on what they promised, some people are mad about not getting a blog today. Thats bad marketing.

# 40 aholbert32 @ 05/06/13 02:19 PM
Also, arent we 3-4 mos away from release? How does having to wait 2 weeks for more information affect whether you are going to buy a game in August.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.