Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA was scheduled to release everything we wanted to know about Connected Franchise mode in Madden NFL 25 (or at least the first half of everything we wanted to know) tonight with Madden 25's Playbook #3. Tweets are flying online that suggest EA might have cancelled their reveal tonight, pushing it back to May 20 instead with a two part reveal of the 'new' mode. It's possible EA felt they couldn't reveal just part of Connected Franchise and wait a couple of weeks to reveal the rest, so they're doing it all on the same day.

Update: EA confirms the playbook has been moved back, "We're going to reveal all Connected Franchise features on the 20th so fans can get all the news about the mode and it's features at one time. So we're not canceling the first Connected Franchise Playbook, but are rather combining it with the other one so that all the details are announced at the same time (May 20th). We'll also be supporting the announcement with assets (blogs, videos, etc.) in the days after the announcement, like what we've been doing with the already-released Playbooks."

Here is the updated schedule.
  • Connected Franchise - (May 20th)
    Cement your legacy as one of the all-time greats and take ultimate control of your franchise.
  • Madden Share - (June 24th)
    The best content from around the Madden NFL universe, right at your fingertips.
  • Madden Ultimate Team - (July 1st)
    Enjoy new ways to play and build your team in this year’s edition of Ultimate Team.
  • All-25 (July 8th)
    Celebrating 25 years of Madden NFL's best of the best.
So there you go. Are you bummed? Understanding? Anything in between?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 121 DeuceDouglas @ 05/06/13 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I feel I'm underwhelmed this year because there isn't the webcast they had the last few years. At least, we were able to meet the team behind the game and put a face to some of the players. Feels like I'm reading a magazine from the early 80's waiting for the next game to come out.

I still have hope there will be an announcement at E3 something regarding game play.
It feels like they have to have something big planned. Everything has been so low-key compared to the last few years. It's almost as they're trying to lull us to sleep. Even last year, we got gameplay clips and looks before E3 during the presentation casts and that's when they didn't want to show ANY gameplay. This year we've got 3 upgrades, strictly gameplay related, with no IE to hide and all we've gotten is a couple of teaser trailers relating to only one.

Just makes me wonder if that's why we haven't gotten anything else is because they'd rather show it off on next gen. I don't know, just seems a lot different this year.

# 122 splff3000 @ 05/06/13 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I'm getting old. I've been a member of OS for damn near 2 decades now. Ive been here when EA didnt know what the hell OS was. I was here when 2k recognized what OS was and people said we were biased towards 2k. I was here when the exclusive deal started and the site damn near blew up because of it. I was here during the bad David Ortiz years. I was here when Ian and the rest of his cronies buttered up the members at OS and tried to sell us on how they wanted the game to be sim. Suffice it to say I've been here a long time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
I was there with you brotha!!! Ahh good times, lol.
LOL, I remember those days. It kinda reminds me of Terminator with the exclusive license being "judgement day" lol. Everything changed that day lol.

Anyway, I can see why the reveal got pushed back in light of the Star Wars news. I think Tiburon should have made some kind of good faith gesture tho and released some footage or some kind of small nugget of info. They didn't have to, of course, but I believe it would have squelched a lot of the angst that has come in light of the news of the delay. Say what you want about Ian, but he was good for giving little pieces of info that aren't in blogs and aren't on the back of the box. He would have given us something today to try to make up for the delay. Anyway, it's definitely not the end of the world, but I can understand why some would be frustrated.

I don't feel for EA tho. They make people like this. If they would just be honest with people, I doubt you would see so much backlash. They pushed the game back to May 20th and no one really knows why. All they need to say is "We're pushing the CF blog back to May 20th because ......." then fill in the blank. I haven't even really seen an official announcement of the delay, yet I saw "stay tuned for the first part of the connected franchise blog on May 6th" or "the first part of the connected franchise reveal will be at 9pm on May 6th" for the better part of a week. Hell, I just saw the latter yesterday. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with delaying the reveal, but I'm sure EA could have handled it much much better. Oh well, I guess we'll see if it was worth the wait on the 20th.

# 123 SageInfinite @ 05/06/13 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I feel I'm underwhelmed this year because there isn't the webcast they had the last few years. At least, we were able to meet the team behind the game and put a face to some of the players. Feels like I'm reading a magazine from the early 80's waiting for the next game to come out.

I still have hope there will be an announcement at E3 something regarding game play.
Yeah they spoiled us last year with those webcasts. They've got to have something up their sleeves. I mean those were a pretty good idea and it was nice to see the raw stuff as well as see the guys from Tiburon speak, so I really don't understand why they didn't continue, unless they cost too much and they weren't influencing any extra sales.

Who knows though, I mean it's not like Tiburon owes us any explanation, but I think that's my biggest problem I have with them. When things disappear or regress, they never step up and tell us why or what happened. I mean some guys wouldn't believe their "excuses" anyway, but personally I would appreciate them explaining why they do some of the things they do, because at times the things they do, are mind boggling to me.

# 124 fsufan4423 @ 05/06/13 11:18 PM
Man! I just read every post for 16 pages. This is what makes OS my favorite site, dudes get crazy about their gaming.

If I cared, I could see why people would be upset. But I don't, so I can see why other members don't understand. So many good points both ways, I just would like to see the reaction if Madden's release date was pushed back two days.

I hope EA shows some Madden PS4 footage....wishful thinking, I know.

# 125 jWILL253 @ 05/07/13 01:30 AM
The terrible analogies in this thread made reading every page worth it...

# 126 secondsolution @ 05/07/13 04:45 AM
I haven't read every page in this thread because I don't have time to read 16 pages. However, it appears rather apparent that EA could have avoided this uproar by simply announcing the delay a week ago. I'm sure Josh and the other EA employees didn't wake up on the 6th and think this change was needed.

I hope that EA approaches similar circumstances in the future differently. Simply announcing it on their official twitter would prevent any major issues arising.

As for the complainers (which I agree with), think of it this way. Would you like a pizza with just regular toppings? or would you like a pizza that is loaded with toppings and full of deliciousness? Deliver some delicious pizza on the 20th EA or the operation sports servers may experience some down time due to the sheer amount of venting that will be required.

# 127 TreyIM2 @ 05/07/13 06:22 AM
The whines and complaints over nothing. Overreaction by most, period.

# 128 trigga58 @ 05/07/13 10:02 AM
Why didn't EA post this pushback on Facebook? Scared to upset the 2.5 million followers?

# 129 roll2tide @ 05/07/13 10:12 AM
Given our ravenous barracuda style for information, maybe they put together the 1st release and realized that it would cause more questions than it would answer.

# 130 djordan @ 05/07/13 11:12 AM
IMO This may by due to coincide with MS XBOX 720 reveal. They may show the 1st screen/footage of Next Gen Madden during MS's keynote.

# 131 splff3000 @ 05/07/13 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djordan
IMO This may by due to coincide with MS XBOX 720 reveal. They may show the 1st screen/footage of Next Gen Madden during MS's keynote.
I've seen quite a few people say this, but given their history of spreading info out as much as they can(for marketing purposes), I doubt that this is the case. Especially since this is a connected franchise reveal and any reveal during the MS press conference would be in the form of some kind of montage or something that has nothing to do with a franchise mode. It could just be that they just want to have all the info together so people wouldn't be asking questions that were gonna get answered in the 2nd part of the reveal. It could be that simple.

# 132 jpdavis82 @ 05/07/13 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I've seen quite a few people say this, but given their history of spreading info out as much as they can(for marketing purposes), I doubt that this is the case. Especially since this is a connected franchise reveal and any reveal during the MS press conference would be in the form of some kind of montage or something that has nothing to do with a franchise mode. It could just be that they just want to have all the info together so people wouldn't be asking questions that were gonna get answered in the 2nd part of the reveal. It could be that simple.
I agree, I think they just wanted to make it less confusing and not leave anything up for questioning as far as what would be in part 1 vs part 2. I also think if we are shown anything at the MS Next Gen Press Conference, it will be a very brief trailer or a screenshot. I think EA will try and keep as much attention to current gen Madden as possible, until Madden 25 is released on 360/PS3, because they don't want people overlooking their current game for the next gen one. I would expect a good amount of info in September for next gen Madden, along with a nice teaser at E3 (of in game footage, they don't want another 2005 on their hands.)

# 133 darkxsacrificex @ 05/07/13 03:44 PM
i think anyone think it push back for xbox 720 is crazy

connect franchise mode ? what that have to do with xbox 720 its a
madden game mode

if it was a trailer i see but they wont even talk about xbox 720 till xbox reveals there new xbox on the 21st till
to push connected franchise mode to the 20 has nothing to do with xbox 720 if im wrong ill come back here on the 20 or 21 and even admit im wrong

# 134 BreaksoftheGame @ 05/07/13 05:08 PM
From a business standpoint if you cannot hit public deadlines, just imagine how many internal deadlines they miss.

I just get the feeling EA is a crumbling empire. NBA Live and the college basketball series were complete ineptitude. I just don't get why this company struggles so much at the process of making these games.

They had 25 years to get the timing right?

# 135 roadman @ 05/07/13 05:55 PM
Well, the business deadline they won't miss is the street date.

Agree about the 25 years, but that's another topic.

# 136 kehlis @ 05/07/13 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BreaksoftheGame
From a business standpoint if you cannot hit public deadlines, just imagine how many internal deadlines they miss?
They didn't miss a deadline they made a decision to push it back and explained that decision.

Disagree with the decision but it had nothing to do with missing deadlines.

# 137 ryan36 @ 05/09/13 02:42 AM
It strikes me as 2k-ish. Meaning "hey an announcement's coming by 9am... I mean 1pm"...

The die-hards thrive on this stuff... to push it back makes no sense, and I disagree

# 138 jpdavis82 @ 05/09/13 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan36
It strikes me as 2k-ish. Meaning "hey an announcement's coming by 9am... I mean 1pm"...

The die-hards thrive on this stuff... to push it back makes no sense, and I disagree
I'm sure at some point they will say why they pushed it back, either through a blog or from a developer like Josh Looman in a interview.

# 139 DeuceDouglas @ 05/09/13 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
I'm sure at some point they will say why they pushed it back, either through a blog or from a developer like Josh Looman in a interview.
I don't know if they ever will. I don't feel like they will but I also definitely don't feel like I'm owed an explanation. I couldn't understand why they separated them in the first place, especially by two weeks when they're both covering pretty much the same thing.

As starved as I am for some CCM/Connected Franchise details, I think it would be hilarious if they pushed it back again like a week, just so everyone can go all December 12, 2012 again. For me right now though, all I'm really interested in is E3. The only word I can use is intrigued. I'm not excited. I'm not pessimistic. I'm just severely interested in what's going to happen and what my eyes will see.

Can't wait until the 20th, but the whole time I'm going over what they release I'll be thinking 'is this in next gen?, when's E3 again?, etc.'.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.