Home
NBA Live 14 News Post

As mentioned earlier by Kotaku's Owen Good, NBA Live 14 looks to be a next-gen title. Frank Gibeau, President of EA Labels let the cat out of the bag during the EA quarterly earnings call today.

Quote:
Gibeau told investors the company plans "a full reveal at E3 including more next generation titles in development," for the coming year. "This will include breakthroughs in graphics and gameplay for some of our biggest franchises including Battlefield, FIFA, Madden, NBA Live, and Need for Speed."

Source - NBA Live Will Be a Next-Generation Title (Kotaku)

Game: NBA Live 14Reader Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS4 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 17 - View All
NBA Live 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 m1ke_nyc @ 05/15/13 09:59 PM
I think 2Ks commentary is better than Live. Live had the same recycled commentary for years. Also Lives arenas look better yea but the players look much better on 2K. Of course this is my opinion. With all that said I'm ready for this game to launch. The more basketball the better.

# 42 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 05/15/13 11:44 PM
Competition is good from a buyers stand point.

# 43 Boilerbuzz @ 05/16/13 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mars5541
As far as presentation Im referring to lives commentary . I don't like the set up of 2k menu. I do like the modes better and gameplay by far in 2k tho . It's a give and take. We need NBA LIVE 2k14 lol.
Presentation encompasses SO much, I don't know how you can make the statement that one kills the other.

I give you this: Lives menus (flow), crowd audio, and artistic style of the interface (the JayZ influence of 2Ks were a complete miss in my opinion compared to the familiar ESPN influence) are better. But every other area I can not say the same. Those areas include; commentary, camera, ambiance (pregame, post-game, half-time show, etc - the meatiest part of what one would consider "presentation"), cut scenes, sound effects, and music soundtrack. Frankly, I think there's just too much to stake a claim to overall presentation, but to each his own.

# 44 Goffs @ 05/17/13 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Presentation encompasses SO much, I don't know how you can make the statement that one kills the other.

I give you this: Lives menus (flow), crowd audio, and artistic style of the interface (the JayZ influence of 2Ks were a complete miss in my opinion compared to the familiar ESPN influence) are better. But every other area I can not say the same. Those areas include; commentary, camera, ambiance (pregame, post-game, half-time show, etc - the meatiest part of what one would consider "presentation"), cut scenes, sound effects, and music soundtrack. Frankly, I think there's just too much to stake a claim to overall presentation, but to each his own.
This! 2k took a hit this year because of all the swag gold trimmings....2k12 had little animations of upcoming games which I wanted to see go further in 2k13....like advertising other 2k games...

# 45 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 05/17/13 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz

On second thought Yup that's pretty much what I'm referring to. I forgot about those other areas like camera angles and cut scenes etc.. menus -and espn integration I like a lot. But yeah as a whole package 2k does have the advantage. damn from startup up to opening tip amd commentary I really do like Lives presentation a lot. Oh well everybody's opinion is their own

# 46 King_B_Mack @ 05/20/13 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Dub
I disagree. Even a mediocre game would show that all that time off just wasn't worth it. They need to blow our socks off with something, and I hope that is why they cancelled the two last versions that were set to be released.
I will say this much. EA absolutely cannot afford another failure to launch. At this point in time releasing a ****ty game does less harm to their rep than not releasing anything at all again. I don't forsee that happening this time, but it'd be a death blow for EA basketball.

# 47 44drob @ 05/21/13 09:44 PM
finally competition !!! competition is good

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.