Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

According to Shopmaster at MyMaddenPad, not only will we see sideline and back of the endzone interceptions, we will also see a slight change in the way the camera rotates after interceptions.

GoMadden has posted the differences between NCAA Football 13 and Madden NFL 13 interceptions and the way the camera is handled. As you notice, in Madden NFL 13, there is a pause or freeze in the action as a pass is intercepted, then the camera rotates. In NCAA Football 13, there is no pause. Madden NFL 25 will go the non-pause route.

UPDATE: Shopmaster chatted with the developers and let me know that the screen does in fact freeze, during interceptions. It may have been the build he played, sorry for any confusion.

What are your thoughts on this?

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Jarodd21 @ 05/13/13 06:34 PM
FINALLY! I been pushing for this for the last couple if years. http://www.operationsports.com/forum...rceptions.html It really got frustrating after a while seeing my defenders drop sideline or back of the endzone picks. I know my boy TNT helped push for this because we been discussing this issue for years.. I also wonder if defenders are now forced to come down with both feet on the ground before they call it an INT while the defender is in the air. That was another issue with the picks.

# 22 Jr. @ 05/13/13 06:45 PM
One step in a long list of additions to make pass defense more realistic.

Now they just need to tune the aggressiveness of defenders going for INTs rather than knockdowns, improve the WR/DB interaction, and work on passing so the ball isn't tethered to the WR or thrown 5 yards off-line (i.e. throws into the ground at the receiver's feet, just out of the reach of the WR, low and behind the WR, etc.)

# 23 Steve_OS @ 05/13/13 09:06 PM
Sorry gents. Shop just notified me, after getting w/ the devs, that Madden NFL 25 will freeze on INT's. It's possible the build he was playing had it, but it will ship with the freeze.

Sorry for getting any hopes up, for those that were happy about the possible addition.

# 24 adub88 @ 05/13/13 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Sorry gents. Shop just notified me, after getting w/ the devs, that Madden NFL 25 will freeze on INT's. It's possible the build he was playing had it, but it will ship with the freeze.

Sorry for getting any hopes up, for those that were happy about the possible addition.
that sucks

# 25 speedy9386 @ 05/13/13 09:17 PM
I honestly didn't care about that I was more impressed with the sideline ints. I feel like I'd like it better with it freezing anyway the camera probably would just mess me up if it didn't.

# 26 EMbow513 @ 05/13/13 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

No big deal to me. Gives me time to adjust and see where I'm going

# 27 Jr. @ 05/13/13 09:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I understand people saying the like the pause because it gives them time to "adjust" but it's yet another element that reminds us we are playing a video game. Like LT posted, at some point hopefully they just provide a defensive game play view.

Also, I think it's necessary to remove the "pause" to have receivers become the defender to strip potential INTs from defenders.
No idea why the took the defensive lock-on camera/feature out. Options, EA.. continue to give us options, not take them away.

# 28 Trick13 @ 05/13/13 10:05 PM
Quote:
I understand people saying the like the pause because it gives them time to "adjust" but it's yet another element that reminds us we are playing a video game. Like LT posted, at some point hopefully they just provide a defensive game play view.

Also, I think it's necessary to remove the "pause" to have receivers become the defender to strip potential INTs from defenders.
I agree with both sides here - I like the pause for "adjusting" to the return - I hate the pause because as you said Big it seems to render the WR useless in terms of attempting to break up the play, and while I would be cool with a new defensive centric camera angle as an option, I would want the option to be just that - an option - as it would likely take me a month a week and a two years to adjust to it...

# 29 Only1LT @ 05/14/13 10:06 AM
I don't understand the trepidation with having to learn something new and never have. It's 2013. How long do you want to play Football videogames the exact same was as 25yrs ago?

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm so ready for something, ANYTHING to change with the way that a Football game is played, that I almost can't stand it.

Playing defense from the offense's camera is just silly. Just another crutch that allows you to see what no human can see, which is namely everything that is going on around you at once. That's why passing is so God awful. Just more "fun factor" and less sim.

There's a lot of disdain for casuals in general, and on this site in particular. Maybe you should be more mindful of who you call a casual.

Playing Football is hard. Playing defense is even harder. As Microsoft would say, #DealWithIt.

# 30 tfctillidie @ 05/14/13 10:15 AM
As usual, why can't it be an option we can toggle?

# 31 Only1LT @ 05/14/13 10:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
As usual, why can't it be an option we can toggle?
Why can't learning something new that benefits the realism of the game be an option?

lol

# 32 Hova57 @ 05/14/13 10:30 AM
the freeze part kinda suck, but i am glad to see my corners can make plays on sideline and not just stand there. I would like to see better animations for corners tho because they make some unrealistic picks.

# 33 tfctillidie @ 05/14/13 10:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
Why can't learning something new that benefits the realism of the game be an option?

lol

Just like turning rules on and off is an option?

Just like turning speed to overpowered or irrelevant, is an option? We can literally play god and modify the rate in which everyone moves in step with one another, yet you mock me suggesting to have an option for this?

lol?

# 34 Only1LT @ 05/14/13 11:11 AM
Quote:
Just like turning rules on and off is an option?

Just like turning speed to overpowered or irrelevant, is an option? We can literally play god and modify the rate in which everyone moves in step with one another, yet you mock me suggesting to have an option for this?

lol?
It was a joke.

I just want to live in a world where realism isn't an option for once, but is the default, with no way to turn it off, and people don't complain about it being too real, or having to adjust, when they have claimed that this was exactly what they wanted all along.

I've played 25yrs where arcade was the default with no way to turn on sim. Turnabout seems like fair play to me...

# 35 tfctillidie @ 05/14/13 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1LT
It was a joke.

I just want to live in a world where realism isn't an option for once, but is the default, with no way to turn it off, and people don't complain about it being too real, or having to adjust, when they have claimed that this was exactly what they wanted all along.

I've played 25yrs where arcade was the default with no way to turn on sim. Turnabout seems like fair play to me...
I don't see it that way, this isn't "my game". I believe it's entirely wrong to expect the game to be made solely for the way I like to play it.

Which is why I advocate for options. What the heck does it matter to you, me, or anyone, if some fud in Wyoming wants to turn an unrealistic option on in his offline chise?

Who cares.

Options allow the end result of "having the game made for me" because I can make it that way, but so can the fud in Wyoming. Everyone wins.

# 36 tfctillidie @ 05/14/13 11:28 AM
Quote:
I think you maybe misunderstanding where LT is coming from, which is more about gamers generally being selective about realism based on their comfort level versus wanting the most realistic game possible, all around. Also the point that, especially with Madden, when the arcade aspect is always the first resort, not realism or an option, which is azz backwards in a sim game.

The priority should be realism and if possible an arcade or disabling option, not how it is now in Madden with arcade/"fun" being the default/starting point.
I get it, but it's not realistic to expect EA to narrow their market by forcing the game into a style...especially considering the state of their organization. (CEO's leaving, 10% of workforce axed, executives selling stocks, etc)

There's no perspective for the whole picture when you argue for having a customized/forced game to your own desire. It's not going to happen, so why not give me what is possible?

# 37 Only1LT @ 05/14/13 11:32 AM
Quote:
I don't see it that way, this isn't "my game". I believe it's entirely wrong to expect the game to be made solely for the way I like to play it.

Which is why I advocate for options. What the heck does it matter to you, me, or anyone, if some fud in Wyoming wants to turn an unrealistic option on in his offline chise?

Who cares.

Options allow the end result of "having the game made for me" because I can make it that way, but so can the fud in Wyoming. Everyone wins.
That's great, noble even, in principle, but it doesn't work that way in the development world. Something will suffer by having an arcade and a sim mix, because the game will have to be developed to compensate for both ways of playing. The way that it compensates for playing unrealistically WILL cross over into the realistic part of the game. There is no way around it.

You can not have a setting where the camera is zoomed into the QB and you must switch targets via the right stick to actually look at your receivers, while in the same game, have a setting where the passing game is as it is now, with no look mechanic and a God cam. It's not possible. You would need to write two separate AIs. One where the defense reacts to where you are looking, and one where they don't. It doesn't even need to be that extreme. When we had Vision Cone the defensive AI didn't function properly. You could turn it on and the defense would cheat where you were looking. Turn it off and what do they key off of? Probability? One simple change and you are playing two totally different games. How do you expect to design a game with hundreds of sim vs arcade options in it and expect it to work seamlessly when some or all are turned on or off? The answer is it won't. The proof is Madden.

The game is made to try and cater to the sim and the casual or arcade or tourney or what ever you want to call them, and the end product is the absence of all sim despite their efforts to put SOME sim into it. That kind of marriage can't sustain itself.

You will get a realistic game, when the game is built from the ground up to be realistic, arcade be damned. Options are great, but not when they are used to make the realistic, unrealistic, just so that everyone can be good at it.

You say it isn't my game, and I could not agree more. It will never be my game until they make it a sim. Until that happens I will continue to hope that they make it "my game" and will do what ever I can to make it happen. Don't much care what kind of person that makes me. Would make me a happy one. That's for sure.

# 38 Only1LT @ 05/14/13 11:38 AM
Quote:
I get it, but it's not realistic to expect EA to narrow their market by forcing the game into a style...especially considering the state of their organization. (CEO's leaving, 10% of workforce axed, executives selling stocks, etc)

There's no perspective for the whole picture when you argue for having a customized/forced game to your own desire. It's not going to happen, so why not give me what is possible?
I do not buy the argument that people will not play a realistic game for one minute. People will buy Madden for the same reason they do now, because it is the NFL. You think that will change because it more closely resembles what it's trying to recreate? Not a chance.

FIFA has tried to be more and more realistic and the sales go up and up. Ditto NHL. The Show's sales, likewise, have increased year after year. Battlefield 3 tried to be more realistic and it was the best selling Battlefield game ever.

I see absolutely no evidence that a realistic approach to Madden would result in lowered sales. I see only evidence of the opposite.

# 39 87Birdman @ 05/14/13 11:42 AM
So if the defensive camera becomes default for when you are on defense what happens to head to head on the same console??? It would have to have an option to revert since there would be someone on offense and on defense so things like that would have to have option to turn on and off because with out it you would have to eliminate head to head.

So while some things would help add realism some times there needs to be options to keep it playable for all. But I would like to see an option for defensive camera would make playing safety feel a lot more satisfying then it is now lol.

# 40 Only1LT @ 05/14/13 11:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87Birdman
So if the defensive camera becomes default for when you are on defense what happens to head to head on the same console??? It would have to have an option to revert since there would be someone on offense and on defense so things like that would have to have option to turn on and off because with out it you would have to eliminate head to head.

So while some things would help add realism some times there needs to be options to keep it playable for all. But I would like to see an option for defensive camera would make playing safety feel a lot more satisfying then it is now lol.
The answer is simple. Splitscreen. Even simpler still. Play with your friends online lol.

I enjoyed beating my brothers on the same TV as much as the next person, but this is 2013. There are so many advantages to playing on a separate Tv, from wider view, to not tipping plays and being able to view play art, that I don't know why anyone would want to play on the same set.

To each their own though.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.