Home
NCAA Football 14 News Post

It’s Episode 22 of the Press Row Podcast, a special Press Row One-on-One with NCAA Football 14 producer Ben Haumiller (@benhaumiller) and host Richard Grisham (@richgrisham) dedicated to the all-new NCAA Ultimate Team Mode – also known as “the mode they said couldn’t be done.” We talk all about how Ultimate Team came about for a college game, the different ways that players are being incorporated into the mode, and all the details about how the game is structured and played. In other words, everything you ever wanted to know about Ultimate Team but were afraid to ask.

This is the second of a series of shows we’ll do with Ben as NCAA Football 14 information comes out, so let us know what you think and send us some questions and thoughts you’d like us to ask Ben in the future.

Do it one of these ways:

1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at [email protected]
3) Respond to this post

Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes, so subscribe and rate it too! The link is here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/o...563624090?mt=2

Enjoy the show!

Run Time: 53:01

If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.

Game: NCAA Football 14Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 54 - View All
NCAA Football 14 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jpdavis82 @ 05/15/13 09:05 AM
Skip to 8:40 for ncaa ultimate team info

# 2 jpdavis82 @ 05/15/13 09:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Skip to 8:40 for ncaa ultimate team info
Have the rights to nflpa, will have 2500 players, their cards will show them from different years of their college career. All 126 teams will be represented.

2013 draft class will also be included.

Former and current players will be in the game, will be able to play as both Al and Nick Toon, went out to get some players like Al Toon that you wouldn't expect.

Players will wear their college unis in their card pics, but you can have guys from the nfl on the same team representing the same college they went to. Peyton Manning, Jason Witten,Arian Foster, C Patterson all in their Tennessee orange by choosing their uniform as your Home or Away uniform.

Solo Challenges and Season Mode Online similar to FIFA Ultimate Team. 10 game season with Playoffs that determine if you level up or stay at same level or drop down.

For those who are new to ultimate team, there will be a starter pack, fills roster. In the demo, there will be some boosts for Ultimate Team to give incentive for people to play it.

Will be tied to the Skills Trainer. I.E. if you complete the ball hawk tutorial you get Charles Woodson card, screen play-Aaron Hernandez card.

Heisman Hopefuls- Barkley, Doug Flutie

Players will have different cards for different years. Tyrann Mathieu only has one card for his one year at LSU. Eddie Lacy 1st rd vs Regular Lacy card.

Current plan with retro cards is for most former players from the 90s and forward. There are players from 60s, 70s, 80s too. Didn't want to go too far back with majority of cards to where most people don't know who these players are.

Playbooks, uniforms, stadiums, not coaches though. Weren't able to get scans for coaches, but may in the future.

55 active player roster with all positions including special teams

# 3 Sausage @ 05/15/13 09:13 AM
Quote:
Have the rights to nflpa, will have 2500 players, their cards will show them from different years of their college career. All 126 teams will be represented.
Thanks JPDavis82.

# 4 TryHard_Nation @ 05/15/13 09:34 AM
This is sounding really awesome.

# 5 avwhitechic @ 05/15/13 09:49 AM
I have NEVER played an ultimate team mode....and don't think ill start now. Cheers to those that do but I cant see myself buying a game to buy a game.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

# 6 jpdavis82 @ 05/15/13 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avwhitechic
I have NEVER played an ultimate team mode....and don't think ill start now. Cheers to those that do but I cant see myself buying a game to buy a game.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
You don't have to spend money to play it or even have a decent team

# 7 TDenverFan @ 05/15/13 10:09 AM
This actually sounds pretty cool.

I wonder what players some of the smaller teams, like Charlotte, Old Dominion, or UTSA will have?

Also, I wonder if any players from the FCS (Like Flacco) will be available.

# 8 grabursock55 @ 05/15/13 10:16 AM
Quote:
You don't have to spend money to play it or even have a decent team
I will play this as long as you dont have to pay.. but I wont pay for players...

a couple of questions I have though...
You said the players are in their college uniforms, does that mean they are in the uniforms that they wore in college? for example, antwaan randle el wearing the black indiana helmet while peyton manning wears his tennessee gear? Or do you just get a team uniform in a pack like (I think) madden did.

Also, do the players wear the gear that they wore in their day? I'm not a gear junkie, but something about seeing 90s players in a revo helmet takes away from the "specialness" of it.

# 9 NikeBlitz @ 05/15/13 10:58 AM
Ultimate Team is fun yeah but the idea of seeing Tom Brady into an Ohio State uniform, Peyton Manning as a Longhorn ... ugh ...

Needless to say, these players wont be available outside of UT.

# 10 tHurley2010 @ 05/15/13 11:13 AM
This mode is sounding pretty neat. By the way, in FIFA Ultimate Team, you don't have to pay to play the game. So there shouldn't be any concerns regarding paying to play NCAAUT

# 11 BLACKjersey53 @ 05/15/13 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeBlitz
Ultimate Team is fun yeah but the idea of seeing Tom Brady into an Ohio State uniform, Peyton Manning as a Longhorn ... ugh ...

Needless to say, these players wont be available outside of UT.
The impression I get from reading JP's post is that each player will be representing their respective college. So Tom Brady will always be in a Michigan uni. Meaning there could be 22 different uniforms on the field at any given time? That sounds interesting. It'd give an all-star game feel to Ultimate Team games. Any word on filling card collections and using the reward in Road to Glory? I'm at work, so I can't listen to the podcast myself.

# 12 jpdavis82 @ 05/15/13 11:53 AM
I'm a MUT veteran and I usually don't spend a dime. Since the content release and collections are supposed to be similar to MUT, here are some tips.

#1 Be Patient- In the first few weeks or even months don't spend your coins. Do the easy collections and play solo challenges and h2h to earn more coins. At the very beginning of new collections prices are sky high but if you wait a week or two they always will come down.

#2 Think long term- If you pull a card and think it may one day be in a collection, put it in your reserves. You never know what random cards will end up being rare in collections, sometimes in MUT it's guys like DT Shaun Smith that end up being the rare coveted card to finish the DT collection instead of Haloti Ngata.

#3 Lower level packs are your friend- The main mistake people usually make is buying the highest level packs possible, thinking it will earn them the best cards. While the best cards may be in those packs, the odds are much lower in them of pulling a card that would be worth keeping/selling/trading. Instead buy the cheaper packs and sell what you can on the auction house. If the auction house is like MUT, you can sell 25 cards at a time, so 25x 1000 would be 25000 and you do that everyday, that's 175k per week.

#4 Keep your Block Full- To piggyback off my last statement, keep your auction block full. Once your cards sell, put more up for sale, every empty space is a missed opportunity to make coins.

#5 Enjoy the Experience- Ultimate Team takes time, most people try it for a few days then quit. To really appreciate the mode, stay with it for a few months. If by let's say September you still aren't enjoying it then maybe it's not for you, but don't give up on it in late July. It really takes a good 3 months or so for the good content and promos to start happening.

Hope this helps anyone curious about Ultimate Team.

# 13 sub9er @ 05/15/13 11:58 AM

# 14 jpdavis82 @ 05/15/13 12:02 PM
Sorry if there was confusion regarding unis, i just spoke to a GC and he said all players will wear whatever uniform you choose for their team, just like in other UT versions. I updated my OP.

# 15 jpdavis82 @ 05/15/13 12:04 PM
Your starter pack will give you the stadium, Playbook, and uniform of whatever you choose as your favorite team.

# 16 sub9er @ 05/15/13 12:08 PM
Quote:
Your starter pack will give you the stadium, Playbook, and uniform of whatever you choose as your favorite team.
so if I choose oregon as my favorite team does that mean I get 70 uniforms out of the first pack?

i kid i kid

# 17 BLACKjersey53 @ 05/15/13 12:20 PM
Ah, bummer Still looking forward this though. I'm assuming contracts are still used for the players? Hopefully my shotty connection to EA's servers doesn't screw me out of as nearly as many contracts as it did on MUT13.

# 18 tinfire @ 05/15/13 12:23 PM
who cares.. show us the better parts of the game already.. not this crap.. seriously

# 19 jpdavis82 @ 05/15/13 12:34 PM
Mascots are also included

# 20 volstopfan14 @ 05/15/13 12:42 PM
Since they have rights to these players, will it be possible that we see them outside of UT mode?

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.