Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Quote:
Check out the latest Madden NFL 25 playbook, Defensive Control, highlighting the game’s enhancements on the other side of the ball that fans can expect to see in the latest installment of the game. The video features San Francisco 49er NaVorro Bowman and showcases defensive game improvements, including more realistic momentum transfers, the most impressive hits yet, improved pursuit angles, as well as new dive and lunge tackles and heat seeker tackling.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 TreyIM2 @ 05/15/13 06:51 PM
Now, I haven't played Madden 13 in quite some time, mainly cuz I need to replace my PS3, heh, but is it me or are the natural head snap animations missing from the results of hits that were in Madden 13??? THAT was one of the first things I noticed that was actually pretty great and realistic when they first started showing off IE for Madden 13 and now it's completely missing. I'm starting to wonder if they over tuned IE with IE 2.0. Could be another example of EA going backwards when "going forward."

# 42 jpdavis82 @ 05/15/13 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Now, I haven't played Madden 13 in quite some time, mainly cuz I need to replace my PS3, heh, but is it me or are the natural head snap animations missing from the results of hits that were in Madden 13??? THAT was one of the first things I noticed that was actually pretty great and realistic when they first started showing off IE for Madden 13 and now it's completely missing. I'm starting to wonder if they over tuned IE with IE 2.0. Could be another example of EA going backwards when "going forward."
I think it's still there, Jamaal Charles' head whips back at :41, so does D Williams at :52

# 43 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/15/13 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
SO the run free trailer was bad because it was all hype, but this one is too boring because it's just "normal gameplay" and doesn't show much? SMH
The speed in this video is just to fast. They really need to slow the overall speed down some. If they do it then it would look a little better. Looks like they are moving at warp speed.

# 44 jpdavis82 @ 05/15/13 07:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
The speed in this video is just to fast. They really need to slow the overall speed down some. If they do it then it would look a little better. Looks like they are moving at warp speed.
It's just for the trailer, Simfballcritic addressed the game speed vs the trailer speed in the last analysis video of the 1st feature playbook run free trailer.

# 45 The_Balm @ 05/15/13 07:24 PM
Looks pretty good. A lot better than the other trailers, good thing they took their time to make this one halfway decent. I wish there was more wrap up tackles though, a lot of the tackles they could've wrapped up, instead their arms really didn't do anything and they just shoved.

# 46 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/15/13 07:35 PM
Quote:
It's just for the trailer, Simfballcritic addressed the game speed vs the trailer speed in the last analysis video of the 1st feature playbook run free trailer.
I really hope so. Because that kind of speed worries me when it comes to madden. Last year Madden even on super slow still felt a little to fast.

# 47 PantherBeast_OS @ 05/15/13 07:42 PM
Aside from the speed deal. I thought the video looked pretty good. I'm looking forward to full gameplay videos next month at E3. Bring it on baby!!

# 48 marshallfever @ 05/15/13 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by carvis#15
Maybe if it happened two generations in a row with the same dev team. That was only 1 generation transition and now they have a new dev team. The only way for that claim to be justified is if a bad generation of gaming actually happens that way for this next gen or if it already happened. All we can do is sit back and wait. Not get worked up over one messed up gen.
Madden on the PS4 and Xbox Infinity will truly be very interesting. This last time, they decided to rewrite their entire engine from scratch with a short minded vision and sadly it wasn't very good for the long run nor did it allow them to be able to bring features from the previous generation from the get-go.

This time, they mentioned not starting from scratch so they could carry features over, and now the most recent news is talking about ONE engine to be used throughout their sport games like they do with their Frostbite engine. Frostbite in their case was written and developed by Dice, i'm interested to see whose developing their sport engine.

I would hope they would take the smart minds from all of their sport team to engineer an engine that can be used for a variety of sports without sacrificing what makes each sports unique.

This can either be very bad or very good, can't wait to see

# 49 Skyboxer @ 05/15/13 08:19 PM
I liked it..
Showed some nice things. Just hope the "hit stick" isn't a fumble making machine but I also know they probably just showed those since it's a trailer etc..

Anyways, I'm still excited to grab it day 1 as well as seeing what next gen brings.

# 50 carvis#15 @ 05/15/13 08:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallfever
Madden on the PS4 and Xbox Infinity will truly be very interesting. This last time, they decided to rewrite their entire engine from scratch with a short minded vision and sadly it wasn't very good for the long run nor did it allow them to be able to bring features from the previous generation from the get-go.

This time, they mentioned not starting from scratch so they could carry features over, and now the most recent news is talking about ONE engine to be used throughout their sport games like they do with their Frostbite engine. Frostbite in their case was written and developed by Dice, i'm interested to see whose developing their sport engine.

I would hope they would take the smart minds from all of their sport team to engineer an engine that can be used for a variety of sports without sacrificing what makes each sports unique.

This can either be very bad or very good, can't wait to see
I'm actually feeling like it's gonna be really good. There is no way that the next gen will be as bad as this one. I know they had to learn from that. it's either start with a superb new engine or add and take out bad stuff from the current. From hearing recent news, it is a fresh new engine for next gen that is capable of very good gameplay.

# 51 rudyjuly2 @ 05/15/13 09:03 PM
That was disappointing. There was nothing really there that was much different from the past. Just more buzz words like "heat seeker" to fill out the bullet points on the back of the box. I'm getting sick of all the catch phrases like IE, forces system, hit stick, etc.

The video spoke volumes in what it DIDN'T talk about. That is no modifier system on defense, no advanced controls for the DL and no improved system to break blocks. Disappointing but not unexpected.

# 52 FreAk47 @ 05/15/13 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
That was disappointing. There was nothing really there that was much different from the past. Just more buzz words like "heat seeker" to fill out the bullet points on the back of the box. I'm getting sick of all the catch phrases like IE, forces system, hit stick, etc.

The video spoke volumes in what it DIDN'T talk about. That is no modifier system on defense, no advanced controls for the DL and no improved system to break blocks. Disappointing but not unexpected.
They need to just combine all their catch phrases into one super, mega, ultra, unstoppable catch phrase.

How about a brand new re-imagined tuned and tweaked "Contextual Dynamic Situational Awareness Engine?"

# 53 Guapo516 @ 05/15/13 09:11 PM
Still a lot of nit picking but I knew this trailer wouldn't be bad when I didn't read anyone reference "back breaker" or "nfl 2k5" lol. With that said ea should be ashamed to a degree that it almost took a decade to catch up to what 2k captured. So I completely can understand not trusting this game to meet your expectations. But it's almost impossible to make the game or any sports game perfect. The real life game ain't even played perfect! It's what makes some players better then others and allows miracles/classics to happen before your eyes.

So lets not get too crazy about the blocking on this play and that play where somebody foot didn't plant but it still looked right And just hope the game is realistically fun and you can actually become skilled then allow your skill to determine the outcome.

How bout we jus put our big boy pants on, biaaah! giv the demo a chance biaah!! and then decide whether we buy this game or not! Biaaah! WHOSE WITH MEEE!!!

# 54 iamgramps @ 05/15/13 09:15 PM
I liked it, a lot.

# 55 Guapo516 @ 05/15/13 09:17 PM
That message was brought to you and paid for by the group of guapo516.
VOTE FOR GUAPO 2013.
GUAPO516 "I approve this message!" Lol

# 56 KG @ 05/15/13 09:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
The hits all seem exaggerated. I hate that running in place, 1 on 1 standoff animation you get because how often do guys really stand up each other for that long? I wish they would just focus on getting a smoother and more natural player movement. I think if they could nail the way players move, it will help make the running, the blocking, the tackling more natural and less animation heavy and exaggerated impact.
That Mayo/CJ Spiller animation needs to go.

# 57 jpdavis82 @ 05/15/13 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
How much yall wanna bet their is only one outcome to that leg grab drag animation and that's the ball carrier gets tackled every time. If they are going to use canned animations they should at-least capture two out comes for some of them, I mean how hard can that be, but knowing EA this won't happen, not this gen anyway.
Not true in fact one of the GC's said you can even fly into the RB while he's being held up like that.

# 58 BezO @ 05/15/13 10:08 PM
Did I see some engaged player mobility? At 1:12, Rams #79 against 49ers defender. It's not lateral but that's the farthest I've seen engaged players travel. Encouraging. Hopefully that can happen laterally (contain & maintaining outside leverage) and the other way up the field (pass rushing / pocket formation).

The angles & speed make it hard to analyze, but overall, I like the vid.

# 59 Trick13 @ 05/15/13 10:12 PM
Quote:
Not true in fact one of the GC's said you can even fly into the RB while he's being held up like that.
That would be awesome - you are talking a "cleanup hit" yes?

I will have to see it to believe it is actually in the game, because this will be the third time now that someone got me excited about this possibility...

# 60 Trick13 @ 05/15/13 10:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Wasn't clean up hits in past Maddens too? You tell me they took that out too!
True "cleanup" hits have never been in Madden - I am talking ball carrier is held up in "struggle" animation and the user can come "hit stick" him, both him and my own defender, the whole pile. There have been occasional "consecutive" hits, but never "initiated" by the user...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.