Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Simfballcritic has posted a new Madden NFL 25 video where he gives out some exclusive blocking information.

Here is a list of some of the things he covered (via californ14), watch the video for more detailed information.
  • 5 new "Pull Block" animations.
  • 8 new Run Block double team interaction animations.
  • 6 new "Reach Blocks."
  • 20+ new Pass Block/Pass Rush interaction animations.
  • New zone step blocking interaction animations.
  • New lateral & vertical displacement animations for OL & DL interactions.
  • 30 new blocking schemes.
  • All new pass blocking locomotion.
  • All new open field targeting system.
  • Completely reworked impact blocks and decleaters.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 hotsauceme @ 05/17/13 01:21 AM
As long as they improve OL/DL interaction so that the 3-4 zone blitz schemes actually work now and then I'd be happy. I'll withhold judgment until I see footage from E3. You can't gather much from a doctored up video IMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 42 infemous @ 05/17/13 02:08 AM
just because the animations are new does not mean that they are guaranteed to be better.

I hope these animations trend towards realism and that the bulldozer pass rushing move that plagued Madden a few years back is not now reversed as a block and we see millions of pancakes etc.

I just hope that we see double team pass blocks... I think thats one single thing I want to see.

# 43 SteelerSpartan @ 05/17/13 04:24 AM
Quote:
Here is a list of some of the things he covered (via californ14), watch the video for more detailed information.
  • 5 new "Pull Block" animations.
  • 8 new Run Block double team interaction animations.
  • 6 new "Reach Blocks."
  • 20+ new Pass Block/Pass Rush interaction animations.
  • New zone step blocking interaction animations.
  • New lateral & vertical displacement animations for OL & DL interactions.
  • 30 new blocking schemes.
  • All new pass blocking locomotion.
  • All new open field targeting system.
  • Completely reworked impact blocks and decleaters.

Hmmm, this is the 1st bit of news that has really peaked my interest. The Footage better back it up though. I won't be buying another Madden game anywhere close to full price again until the OL/DL starts to function realistically and has the depth that it deserves.

With that area of the game being so shallow, your essentially playing Defense with only half the bag of tricks you should be able to use....and the blandness has just worn me down over the years, last year I finally got tired of spending 60+ for it.

# 44 simfballcritic @ 05/17/13 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by charter04
I know, from following Simfbcritic on youtube for years, that he wants the game to be sim as much as anyone. Having him working with devs has and will pay off. Even he says that we should only judge Madden based on M13 and on because that is when the current dev team really started. It seems they are at least listening to the sim community.
Appreciate the continued support man. They are listening, but they are at a point where they have to rebuild/cleanup and innovate at the same time. They are committed to producing the most authentic simulation football game, but it will take some time. I don't expect it to take a long time, just saying on a year to year basis people will see how much the game will approve. If they pull off some of the stuff they discussed with me people will be very surprised and happy about future titles. I'm excited about the next consoles dropping this year, that's going to allow them to do so much, that's why I said it shouldn't take a long time to get where they need to be.

# 45 simfballcritic @ 05/17/13 08:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Alright man so spill the beans, lol, what's up with the QnA session you mentioned? Can you go into further detail about the things you were allowed to reveal and how they play out? Have you even seen any of the stuff in action yet?

I'm kind of hoping you haven't considering Shopmaster keeps saying he hasn't seen a huge difference in the pass rush/blocking. Is anyone scheduled to go back to play a later build at some point?
I've seen most of it in action, some stuff is still being added. Shop was down with me earlier in the year when none of that stuff was in the build. He wasn't down with me a few weeks ago, and that's when I saw the stuff I mentioned. As of then it played out pretty good, but there are still things to be added and tuned. Pass Rush was nice in my opinion, at least for the state the game was in at that point. You can get pressure with DE's now, real pressure, which is something I could rarely do in 13. The be real with you the reason why I can't go into detail about certain things concerning blocking is because stuff is still being added, so they advised me not to be specific. They just allowed me to tell you guys what you can expect now, doesn't mean other things aren't there. I'll keep it 100, I hate being in a position where I know stuff whether it be good or bad and I can't talk on it. I can't wait for E3 cause at that point I'm going to give my impressions of the game based on my recent trip to EA.

# 46 simfballcritic @ 05/17/13 08:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsutygurfan
Wait, I'm confused!

They are adding new "Animations" to the blocking game? I thought madden went to an all Physics engine (Infinity?).

So, Is OL/DL not physics based? Only parts of Madden physics? If so, which parts are NOT physics?

Hmm, i'm just saying.
The Infinity Engine augments the animations, the game doesn't run purely off of physics. Victor Lugo mentioned that last year when talking about the Infinity Engine. Basically it's like this, animations are triggered and the physics determines the outcome. That's why sometimes you still see the same animations because it's pulling from the animation library, but the physics can make the animation play out different. The goal is to eventually have the physics drive the game fully. I expect we will see stuff like that on next gen.

# 47 simfballcritic @ 05/17/13 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
This sounds great as does JP's point about working with a sort of inherited mess. I think one of the biggest problems that has plagued this franchise over the years is the constant shuffling in and out of people that work on the game.

I get it that Ian and few others left on their own, but we all know that a new guy coming in with new ideas is more than likely not going to be able to execute everything even in a two year cycle. I believe that Ian was on the right track as far as ideas and where to take the game. I also believe that the current dev team has some good ideas up their sleeve as well. Let's just hope they stay in place long enough to execute because any change in the structure will bring new ideas on how to implement and in what order they should be implemented.

FYI, David Rutter has been the face of FIFA since 2007. A lot of people have come and gone underneath him, but his vision and direction for the game for the last 6 years are why FIFA continues to build on it's success of minimal back of the box marketing nonsense and solid acceptable and believable gameplay that improves every year.
Absolutely! I couldn't have said it any better. Trust me, this team is all about simulation. I was actually shocked the first time I met some of them. Good amount of people on the gameplay team has played football on the college level, Clint Oldenburg played in the NFL. They have the right vision now, they just have to execute. In my opinion M13 and M25 should show people that they are trying, both games have focused on gameplay. True not everything has been addressed, but they are going in the right direction. We as a community are all frustrated with Madden's progress on this gen, but all we can do is go with the current time. I can honestly say that I believe in this team, if they prove me wrong in the future I will put that on blast.

# 48 simfballcritic @ 05/17/13 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan

Hmmm, this is the 1st bit of news that has really peaked my interest. The Footage better back it up though. I won't be buying another Madden game anywhere close to full price again until the OL/DL starts to function realistically and has the depth that it deserves.

With that area of the game being so shallow, your essentially playing Defense with only half the bag of tricks you should be able to use....and the blandness has just worn me down over the years, last year I finally got tired of spending 60+ for it.
I don't blame you there. I've always said it has to start with the trenches, they are finally making improvements in that area. They are laying a foundation, non of the stuff that is being advertised this year is a one year implementation, they are putting things in place that they can build on year after year.

# 49 BezO @ 05/17/13 09:08 AM
Quote:
6. new lateral & vertical displacement animations for OL & DL interactions.
Sim, hopefully you can answer this as this sounds like what I've been asking for since I've been on OS.

At 1:12 of the vid, the Rams' #79 drives a SF defender WAAAAY down field. I'm hoping that's the vertical displacement in action. If so...

What I'm more concerned about is the lateral displacement. Are engaged players able to move laterally?

One of my biggest issues has been that engaged players are stuck in one spot until someone wins. It kills the spacing on outside runs since none of the engaged defenders can flow toward the play. Because of that, RBs end up one-on-one with CBs way too often. Unlike real life where an engaged edge defender can still do his job, contain, Madden defenders have to disengage to have an impact. If lateral displacement is what I think it is, this issue may be addressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simfballcritic
...You can get pressure with DE's now, real pressure, which is something I could rarely do in 13...
I've seen DEs get pressure before, but it always required quick disengagement. Can DEs get up field while engaged? Can they make a strong edge rush but have the OT ride them beyond the QB? If so, is the speed of these animations on par with real life?

# 50 LBzrule @ 05/17/13 09:34 AM
Sim,

I need to know some things because right now I haven't gotten excited about anything that has been said which is why I haven't posted. I'm only going to ask on the stuff that I think can be talked about based on blog releases.

Now, the way EA has done things is their marketing feature has always been overpowered. This year they are touting the running game and I can only guess it is based off Adrian Peterson's body of work from last season, along with Cam Newton the year prior and RGIII this past season as well.

But I don't want to see every game end up with 200 + rushing yards. My question to you is the same one I asked Shop on his site. What is being done run defense wise with respect to the following:

1) Primary Support/Force Player
2) Cutback Player
3) Secondary Support/Play Action Responsibility
4) Spill Player
5) Chase/Boot Action /Reverse

Can you go into what they are doing IF they are doing anything on defense in reference to this or are they still going with run commit?

When you or anyone gets some time with the game again could you do us all a favor:
1) Call cover 3, Cover 6, Cover 2 Zone, Cover 2 Sink, Cover 1.
2) Line up in any under center 2 back or singleback formation.
3) Call Zone Stretch/Toss Sweep/Off Tackle
4) Is anyone on defense coming up aggressively and forcing the play back inside?
5) Is there someone on the inside of this force player establishing or attempting to establish position as the immediate cutback defender?
6) Does the play side corner, on the cloud safety side automatically bail on the snap because he should, he's the over the top player. The safety should be crashing his a$$ off playing force.
7) What is the OLB on that side doing?
8) What are the back side defenders doing?

I appreciate them working on the run game again, 2nd time in like 3 years, but I'll be damned if I want some overpowered a$$ running mechanic with no defensive principles in place and the only thing we have to deal with it is some sell out run commit BS.

Thanks

# 51 Hova57 @ 05/17/13 09:40 AM
LB they are crying out for some of your ideas for defense i think defense is at the point where alot of the stuff you talk about over the years is necessary now. I believe if this is true about the line and how it works you have start with defensive assignment, now that the oline is playing assignment based . alot of the offensive line stuff added falls in line with defense playing gap controlled premise .

# 52 aspengc8 @ 05/17/13 10:00 AM
Quote:
The Infinity Engine augments the animations, the game doesn't run purely off of physics. Victor Lugo mentioned that last year when talking about the Infinity Engine. Basically it's like this, animations are triggered and the physics determines the outcome. That's why sometimes you still see the same animations because it's pulling from the animation library, but the physics can make the animation play out different. The goal is to eventually have the physics drive the game fully. I expect we will see stuff like that on next gen.
Any idea why their engine is so far behind 2k's? I mean, APF2k8 was using using this stuff 6 years ago, without canned animations. In that time frame EA could not do a little research or reverse engineer what they were doing?

# 53 speedy9386 @ 05/17/13 11:41 AM
Quote:
I've seen most of it in action, some stuff is still being added. Shop was down with me earlier in the year when none of that stuff was in the build. He wasn't down with me a few weeks ago, and that's when I saw the stuff I mentioned. As of then it played out pretty good, but there are still things to be added and tuned. Pass Rush was nice in my opinion, at least for the state the game was in at that point. You can get pressure with DE's now, real pressure, which is something I could rarely do in 13. The be real with you the reason why I can't go into detail about certain things concerning blocking is because stuff is still being added, so they advised me not to be specific. They just allowed me to tell you guys what you can expect now, doesn't mean other things aren't there. I'll keep it 100, I hate being in a position where I know stuff whether it be good or bad and I can't talk on it. I can't wait for E3 cause at that point I'm going to give my impressions of the game based on my recent trip to EA.
What about the differential in pressure between the RE and the LE, does the LE still get more pressure?

# 54 infemous @ 05/20/13 08:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
What about the differential in pressure between the RE and the LE, does the LE still get more pressure?
THIS!!!!!

PLEASE LET IT BE FIXED.

And also, please let DTs like Mt Cody be able to chase down a QB like Sam Bradford (with 70 speed) it shouldn't be a contest.

« Previous 123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.