Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Amazon has an exclusive Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition, according to Polygon's Samit Sarkar, which will be available for pre-order starting tomorrow at a cost of $99.

What's so special about it? Well, it's not as special for those of you that already have the DirecTV service with NFL Sunday Ticket. But for those that aren't subscribers, you can get $10 off every month for the first year and get a full season of NFL Sunday Ticket Max (normally $299.95).

You also get this...

Quote:
... exclusive content for Madden Ultimate Team, the series' popular digital trading card mode. Anniversary Edition buyers will receive 17 special Ultimate Team packs of cards, one for every week of the 2013 NFL season, with each pack containing two rare players, four silver players and four bronze players.

UPDATE:
  • For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.
  • For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.
  • For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.
UPDATE #2 - According to Anthony Stevenson, Sr. Director of Marketing for EA SPORTS, there will be a unique code inside every box.

More details here.

Quote:
Is a DIRECTV subscription necessary in order to view NFL Sunday Ticket via computer, mobile or tablet?

No, it is not necessary to have a DIRECTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition aspecial code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet and mobile devices.

Can I use this service to access NFL Sunday Ticket on my PS3?

This service is available on your computer, mobile and tablet applications only.

Source - Amazon-exclusive Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition includes free year of NFL Sunday Ticket (Polygon)

Madden  NFL 25 screenshot gallery - Click to view
Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 mestevo @ 05/17/13 09:08 PM
If you don't already have DirecTV and Sunday Ticket in your country then no, promotions related to those services won't be available to you.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

# 62 MXVinny @ 05/18/13 12:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon48xbox
What I want to know for sure is, if I don't have DirecTV and I don't want it installed, but I could get it, can I get the computer/mobile access for free or can I only get it for free if for some more technical reason I can't get it (not I just don't want to pay)?
This is what I'm wondering as well.

# 63 aholbert32 @ 05/18/13 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.S.T.X.B.
Lol. Is EA worried the game won't sell by itself?
No. They want to sell the anniversary edition. Its not like this deal comes with the regular game. Also, there are only 50,000 copies of this edition which is minuscule when looking at EA's total sales.

# 64 aholbert32 @ 05/18/13 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
No, because they will go by your zip code and if DTV is available in your area you have to subscribe to it to get this deal.
Thats not true. Direct TV is offered in every zip code in america. I live in a city where the apartment building next to mine has DTV but mine does not. Someone posted a link that shows how people without DTV will access ST on their laptop. Here is the link that shows that you just have to agree that DTV is not available where you live.

http://www.sportsgeekery.com/748/can...ticket-online/

# 65 Steve_OS @ 05/18/13 11:29 AM
UPDATE #2 - According to Anthony Stevenson, Sr. Director of Marketing for EA SPORTS, there will be a unique code inside every box.

# 66 Steve_OS @ 05/18/13 11:37 AM
More details here.

Quote:
Is a DIRECTV subscription necessary in order to view NFL Sunday Ticket via computer, mobile or tablet?

No, it is not necessary to have a DIRECTV subscription. Each Anniversary Edition aspecial code for eligible gamers giving them the opportunity to unlock a special, 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computer, tablet and mobile devices.

Can I use this service to access NFL Sunday Ticket on my PS3?

This service is available on your computer, mobile and tablet applications only.

# 67 DirtyJerz32 @ 05/18/13 12:00 PM
So then what's the point of having the Sunday Ticket App on the PS3 if I can't even get this? SMH!!!

# 68 ODogg @ 05/18/13 12:11 PM
So I already have DirecTV and buy the NFL Sunday Ticket. Could I buy this and give my code to my mom who can't get the ticket and doesn't have DirecTV so she could watch the Cowboys where she lives in Ohio?

If so I'll probably get it just for her sake as we have to scramble each week the Cowboys aren't on tv to find it for her to watch and it's quite the pain..

# 69 Lodeus @ 05/18/13 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32_OS
So then what's the point of having the Sunday Ticket App on the PS3 if I can't even get this? SMH!!!
Sort of a concern for me, but I figure I'll just hook my computer to my TV. I am sure it'll be an HD(or near at least) stream.

# 70 AUChase @ 05/18/13 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyJerz32_OS
I don't understand why they are not allowing people to use an app on a console, in which the game will likely be purchased for.

As crazy as it may sound, I was on the fence about purchasing Madden this year and that would have made me lean in the direction of getting it.

# 71 Robcards @ 05/18/13 01:13 PM
I wonder what quality watching it on a computer is, seriously considering this as a directv subscriber who doesn't have Sunday ticket and hooking my comp up to my big screen with an hdmi cable.

# 72 ODogg @ 05/18/13 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robcards
I wonder what quality watching it on a computer is, seriously considering this as a directv subscriber who doesn't have Sunday ticket and hooking my comp up to my big screen with an hdmi cable.
If you have a fast connection it's as good as watching it on the TV..

# 73 robbins @ 05/18/13 05:01 PM
I'd still like some clarification before I buy the Anniversary Edition.

I *could* get Direct TV in my area but I can't because I am already locked in with Dish and I don't want to change anyway.

If I buy this special Anniversary Edition, will I be able to get the Sunday Ticket online for the full NFL season or will they deny it because technically, Direct TV service would work at my address?

Has anyone from DTV cleared this up yet?

# 74 Gabeking @ 05/18/13 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbins

I *could* get Direct TV in my area but I can't because I am already locked in with Dish and I don't want to change anyway.

If I buy this special Anniversary Edition, will I be able to get the Sunday Ticket online for the full NFL season or will they deny it because technically, Direct TV service would work at my address?

Would like to know this too

# 75 ODogg @ 05/18/13 05:43 PM
Quote:

This is no official answer by any means but realistically DirecTV isn't going to really know if you can get them or not...I mean come on, they can't investigate each instance of whether or not DirecTV is available. Just saying. I think you'll be alright..just my opinion..

# 76 aholbert32 @ 05/18/13 06:19 PM
Quote:

LOL. You guys are over thinking this. As I stated before, damn near every address in the US is technically able to get DTV. Satellite providers are different than cable providers. In my area, we are only able to get Verizon or Comcast for cable (so if Time Warner wanted to sell service in my area it would have to get approval from the local government).

Satellite providers are able to offer their service anywhere w/o local gov approval. As long as the dish can pick up the signal, DTV is available in your home. The only exceptions are if you rent in an apartment building (like mine) that doesnt allow tenants to install dishes) or if your apartment doesnt face out to the direction needed to pick up the signal.

So there is no true verification of whether you can get DTV or not. DTV cant actually do that without coming to your house and they arent going to waste money to do that for a promotion thats only offered to 50,000 people.

# 77 ODogg @ 05/18/13 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
LOL. You guys are over thinking this. As I stated before, damn near every address in the US is technically able to get DTV. Satellite providers are different than cable providers. In my area, we are only able to get Verizon or Comcast for cable (so if Time Warner wanted to sell service in my area it would have to get approval from the local government).

Satellite providers are able to offer their service anywhere w/o local gov approval. As long as the dish can pick up the signal, DTV is available in your home. The only exceptions are if you rent in an apartment building (like mine) that doesnt allow tenants to install dishes) or if your apartment doesnt face out to the direction needed to pick up the signal.

So there is no true verification of whether you can get DTV or not. DTV cant actually do that without coming to your house and they arent going to waste money to do that for a promotion thats only offered to 50,000 people.
or...read what I said..LOL

# 78 aholbert32 @ 05/18/13 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
or...read what I said..LOL
Didnt even see your post, man.

# 79 adamgod8 @ 05/19/13 01:41 AM
Quote:

Yes. The people from EA have verified that every single game comes with a unique code that can be entered online to watch the 17 regular season weeks

# 80 LaserRocketArm31 @ 05/19/13 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgod8
Yes. The people from EA have verified that every single game comes with a unique code that can be entered online to watch the 17 regular season weeks
All EA has confirmed is that each box comes with a code. Every package would have to come with a code rather or not people were eligible. Most likely you will have to click a box and give a wink and a nod that you cannot get DirectTV at your home to be able to use the code. This is why it is all worded so funny.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.