Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA Sports has just released Madden NFL 25 playbook #3. Some of the things added back into the game are full 32-team control, new commissioner tools, and a league transaction log. You can also import draft classes from NCAA Football 14 into Madden NFL 25.

Read on to find out what else Connected Franchise in Madden NFL 25 has in store for you.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 aholbert32 @ 05/20/13 06:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
Yeah. This year there's Madden share, there's an entire play book devoted to that for later and that will benefit the OS roster makers since there's now a 2K Share like feature.

After watching this play book, I was like, cool, Im seeing what Madden did back around the 6th gen with the owner mode. I hope Madden NFL 25 is a mixture of what they did right and needed to do right (then actually doing that) during the 25 years, and it looks like they could be trying knowing that next gen is almost here.

But, I gotta see what my fellow OSers say about that gameplay. All these features are cool, but if it can't play like football, its most likely a no buy.
Are we sure Madden Share is about rosters? Could be a social media related "share" feature.

# 82 MarvinOida @ 05/20/13 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Are we sure Madden Share is about rosters? Could be a social media related "share" feature.
On the edge it says Download... Bottom says Share My... It could be both! But its guaranteed to have an Upload/Download system like 2k Share. I GUARANTEE THAT AT THE VERY LEAST.

# 83 CM Hooe @ 05/20/13 07:20 PM
Glad to see 32 team control and draft class importing added back into the game.

It looks like multiple upgrade packages can be purchased at once based on the Ray Rice player progression screenshot, which is a plus.

Also glad to see player regression matter more, per a blog by Shopmaster.

I wish that there was more done for direct football gameplay, though. Owner Mode is kinda "meh" for me. I would have liked to see things like more fleshing out of the coaching staff (though at least the Scout and Trainer are there now), practice squad, player morale, team chemistry, etc. etc. More team management gameplay aspects which more obviously relate to what I do on the field, in a nutshell.

The focus by the dev team this cycle isn't quite where I wanted it to be, it appears. That said, I'll still get the game, because I enjoyed what was already there.

# 84 m1ke_nyc @ 05/20/13 07:22 PM
Move my favorite team the Giants to my home town of Brooklyn or the Jets. Gonna think about this until August.

# 85 SteelerSpartan @ 05/20/13 07:23 PM

Yes, yes Tiburon...keep rolling out more news and features like these

Im hoping this means they've realized how important it is to give control over to the the user as much as possible in regards to AI management/Options

Look I know the goal is to have your logic and code so rock solid that you shouldn't have to bother players to go in and use a bunch of tools to setup the game to put out a great sim experience.....but that is a very tough task, and giving the user a bunch of powerful tools to customize their game at least allows the user to remedy

# 86 DJG @ 05/20/13 07:28 PM
So... Somehow EA is able to get at least $120 off me for the first time in like 5 years. Glad to see owner mode & all it's glory is back. With NCAA draft classes back I'm no doubt gonna pick up NCAA for the first time in years. The video go me so excited, I haven't felt that way since Madden '01 came out. The aspect of moving a team to LA & keeping its name excites me (I'm not from there, but the NFL needs a team there, it's weird without one).

# 87 Ace23 @ 05/20/13 07:34 PM
Relocating teams, importing draft classes, 32 team control? This sounds so great! Just hoping that you can import draft classes in the PAL version of Madden 25, this was a huge thing for me in Madden 12 since I live in germany and importing a US version just to import draft classes s*cks.

# 88 cowboy_kmoney @ 05/20/13 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBorn81
Bah, some people are never satisfied. We get a true owner mode this year, but now it's not enough. Lol...This will be a day one buy for me, as I said before in the previous thread that was made weeks ago, if Connected Franchise was what I thought it was, which it has been revealed it is, I'll purchase this. Can't wait to see all the mode has to offer, I'm stoked.
Man u r so right ppl r something else. But yeah i already paid my Ncaa 14 in full and kant wait for M25.

# 89 SoxFan01605 @ 05/20/13 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Hooe
Glad to see 32 team control and draft class importing added back into the game.

It looks like multiple upgrade packages can be purchased at once based on the Ray Rice player progression screenshot, which is a plus.

Also glad to see player regression matter more, per a blog by Shopmaster.

I wish that there was more done for direct football gameplay, though. Owner Mode is kinda "meh" for me. I would have liked to see things like more fleshing out of the coaching staff (though at least the Scout and Trainer are there now), practice squad, player morale, team chemistry, etc. etc. More team management gameplay aspects which more obviously relate to what I do on the field, in a nutshell.

The focus by the dev team this cycle isn't quite where I wanted to be, it appears. That said, I'll still get the game, because I enjoyed what was already there.
I agree, but I resigned myself to this reality when I saw how they handled introducing Connected Careers last year. I think they grossly underestimated the desire for some of the typical franchise/dynasty type "basics" (I know opinions vary on what is considered basic) that are now being reintroduced this year, essentially putting them a bit behind on fleshing out already present features added in 13. There was simply too much work left to be done.

So, if logic for their development process and supposedly renewed commitment to steady progression follows, this is another year of groundwork and only minor additions for the mode's individual aspects.

In theory, if they are truly more organized, this also bodes well for next generation, as this provides a near-complete foundation for the major forms of career play and clear direction for moving forward. That all remains to be seen though. I'm still skeptical, but at least there is an appearance of real planning here (and I would also hope they learned their lesson from their previous transition to "next gen").

# 90 niftyed @ 05/20/13 07:46 PM
So adding previous features that were suppose to be in last years title is the big thing now. EA ran out of ideas. And owner mode is stale too. Madden 13 2.0

# 91 splff3000 @ 05/20/13 08:06 PM
Sooooo, what I got from this blog is that EA just put a lot of stuff back into franchise that had been taken out at some point over the years. Is there gonna be anything else?

# 92 trey2k198003 @ 05/20/13 08:12 PM
lol i love it EA cant win they tried going a different route for years and all the "fans" said is we want back our old stuff we like, they do it and now some "fans" are saying that EA is getting lazy and that they are out of ideas, so if they listen to us or if they dont they cant please some people lol. I know its not perfect but its a game thats all there are w whole lot of other things you bug for 60 dollars or more that dont give nearly the same type of entertainment lol, Anyway im happy. still way better than madden 07 lol

# 93 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 05/20/13 08:15 PM
Lol, there's a typo in the picture under "Finances". They use the wrong "too".

...yes, I read through everything and that was one of the things I picked out...

Edit: They actually make that same mistake twice in the same picture lol. They do it again under "Staff".

# 94 Gosens6 @ 05/20/13 08:16 PM
So, can someone direct me to other blogs about CFM? This tells me about absolutely NOTHING I care about.

What about the draft? Free agency? Details about how progression and regression are improved. This was all so underwhelming.

# 95 ch46647 @ 05/20/13 08:17 PM
I am very surprised they did not put "Training Camp" back into franchise mode. Also, I wish they would add a feature where assistant coaches actually mattered.

# 96 Armor and Sword @ 05/20/13 08:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvinOida
On the edge it says Download... Bottom says Share My... It could be both! But its guaranteed to have an Upload/Download system like 2k Share. I GUARANTEE THAT AT THE VERY LEAST.
If Madden share is indeed a 2K share like feature with the ability to create and share rosters.......$$$$$

Classic Rosters would be amazing and change the entire complexion of the game.

Fingers crossed.

# 97 I Peench @ 05/20/13 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
Sooooo, what I got from this blog is that EA just put a lot of stuff back into franchise that had been taken out at some point over the years. Is there gonna be anything else?
I wouldn't think of it quite like that - these features are way more in depth than they used to be. For instance, you have advisors (marketing, financial, etc), player popularity and fan support. Player popularity is going to play a big role, as it drives jersey sales and can add/detract from fan support based on who you acquire and let go (which in turn, can have a huge financial impact on your team). Progression and regression have been totally re-tuned. Lastly, non-storyline players will now have branching and dynamic rating systems in place, which is huge for me personally.

We got a ton of new stuff last year, one would hope the next iteration would focus on fine tuning that. I'm really pleased with the feature set, and recognize sports games have way less time and flexibility in their dev cycles. The question for me isn't about how much thought or effort was put into new features, it's about execution. That will remain to be seen.

# 98 splff3000 @ 05/20/13 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Well I just found out listening to Looman on the part 3 Grisham podcast that draft class ratings are SUPPOSED to be randomized for M25. He specifically talked about doing this in response to people complaining about the draft guides, I know how you hate them Spliff.
That IS music to my ears. Looks like I'm gonna have to check out this podcast. You got a link?

# 99 infemous @ 05/20/13 08:48 PM
Quote:
While all that stuff is cool, I am going to be highly disappointed if they chose to ignore other elements of general Franchise. After listening to that Looman interview he stated some things that concerned me. He specifically talked about having fan morale for the most part and it effecting revenue but absolutely no mention of player morale. I really hope they didn't add all this stuff for Owner, aka Tycoon mode, while ignoring fleshing out core aspects of team management involving the players.

I've read that there is no team morale aspect.

Your megalomaniac control of a team has no impact on how the team plays... Your expectations affect basically nothing because there is no incentive to run a team correctly in all honesty.

I think I will have one save file of Owner Mode where I am the Bills or Jags but stick to coaching and hope that the presence of Owner Mode means that I can get a new contract offered or mounting fan pressure for my firing or the firing of other coaches.

I also hope that the interview elements that are present for the Owner Mode are also there for Players and Coaches.

# 100 Gosens6 @ 05/20/13 08:57 PM
Quote:
I don't think they are and I believe a lot of people around OS are going to be disappointed after all this "hype" wears off. Not just about the lack of player morale but over what I think may turn out to be a complete oversight of other legacy franchise issues, in favor of creating this "Tycoon" like Owner Mode.

AJ's Twitter comment, "don't bother" concerning the future of Franchise Mode is echoing in my mind. He specifically said that game play should be fine and headed in the right direction but Franchise mode, not so much.
I'm glad i'm not the only one who feels this way. Congrats to all the people that are happy about all this, but, I just wish they would have focused on the meat and potatoes of franchise mode instead of JUST focusing on owner mode like it seems.

Ah well, let's hope for next gen.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.