Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA Sports has just released Madden NFL 25 playbook #3. Some of the things added back into the game are full 32-team control, new commissioner tools, and a league transaction log. You can also import draft classes from NCAA Football 14 into Madden NFL 25.

Read on to find out what else Connected Franchise in Madden NFL 25 has in store for you.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 aholbert32 @ 05/21/13 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still2REal
Seriously though, "what is classified as constructive criticism"? I've never understood why it's acceptable to post "This is awesome" but then get threatened with being banned for saying "I'm not impressed."

I actually thought Connected Careers was great/fantastic/etc. To me that represented progress. Bringing back features not so much.
That is an oversimplification of what I was saying and you know it. First, if you think "I'm not impressed" is "constructive criticism", you need to pick up a dictionary and read the definition of the word "constructive."

I dont know how this post.....

"Crazy, everyone is praising Madden for simply bringing back features that were in the game since 08. Everyone seems to be drooling at the mouth over recycled features. Its a real shame! This is not an effort whatsoever from EA, I don't care what anyone says. "

.....could be considered constructive. It ignores that the "recycled" modes have new features that werent in previous versions. It also puts the dev in a no win situation. If they dont add those features back people are pissed off and complaining. When they do add them back, people like you complain that they shouldnt have removed them. Finally, it belittles the people who are excited about the features and the additions made to them.

I hold simple posts like "This is awesome" and "I am not impressed" in the same regard with one difference. Neither of those comments add much to the conversation but the negative one is more likely going to lead to an argument. I dont give a **** what your opinion is about the game is as long as you make intelligent, fact supported arguments either way.

# 142 swiftychampleone @ 05/21/13 11:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Yes it is trolling because it serves no purpose. You dont have to sing their praises. You dont have to say anything at all and thats the point. There are people here that are legitimately happy about the features they added back in. I'm one of them because I was pissed they took out 32 team control last year. While I'm happy about that feature coming back, I'm not "singing anyones praises." I recognize that its a feature that should not have been taken out but whats the point in saying that now other than to rain on others' happiness about the features being back.
Point taken and we're in the same boat on the 32-team control. Since this is a replacement of a feature that should've never been taken out, only stance I can have is, Let's see what else happens or how does EA build on this going forward?

# 143 swiftychampleone @ 05/21/13 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorneydave866
All of these shiny new features, but we all know there are going to be horrid logic and AI problems as there have been in the past.

If draft classes and all the other stuff work as intended...that's great. But I'm not holding my breath.
That's what scares me as well, but the workaround would be the 32 team control if we see some weird stuff go down with teams we don't control.

# 144 aholbert32 @ 05/21/13 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
That's what scares me as well, but the workaround would be the 32 team control if we see some weird stuff go down with teams we don't control.
I promise you that the franchise AI is going to be screwey. No sports game ever has been able to get that part right. Thats why 32 team was so important to me.

# 145 swiftychampleone @ 05/21/13 11:47 AM
Quote:
I promise you that the franchise AI is going to be screwey. No sports game ever has been able to get that part right. Thats why 32 team was so important to me.
That's something all sports games need to have as an option. We need these games to truly be "our game" and not their game. No matter how well-tuned the AI logc is for roster management, there's going to be something we don't agree with. Yeah, the Packers drafted a star QB in 2015 and traded Aaron Rodgers. Nope, I want him to retire as a Packer, let me go fix that.

# 146 ShaneTheMaster @ 05/21/13 11:49 AM
So, let me get this straight.... we can control how much we charge for hot dogs? I'm so excited!!!

# 147 aholbert32 @ 05/21/13 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
That's something all sports games need to have as an option. We need these games to truly be "our game" and not their game. No matter how well-tuned the AI logc is for roster management, there's going to be something we don't agree with. Yeah, the Packers drafted a star QB in 2015 and traded Aaron Rodgers. Nope, I want him to retire as a Packer, let me go fix that.
Exactly. Every game I love (NBA 2k, The Show, even FIFA) has some sort of full league control. Looman didnt realize how important this feature was to people until people like me where harassing him about adding it back in.

# 148 jpdavis82 @ 05/21/13 12:10 PM
Quote:
I hear what you are saying, but I'm not in the "Let's give these guys a chance" mode. I did that for 10 years and it didn't really work out well. Also, I'm not really concerned with how many hours they work. Many people work hard at their jobs, but I'm not giving any slack to the dude at a restaurant when they jack up my order. I'm not bashing EA but we have to call a spade a spade. When they improve on features, then I"ll give due praise. Were I to say "EA sucks or is laxy" I would understand, but my statement is simply that companies should not get credit for bringing back old features that never should have been removed.

Let's not forget that the move to this current gen basically started the game over again. Should we expect this on the PS4 and XBox too. Is all this just a last grab for sales on a dying platform for the cycle to repeat itself?

Seriously though, "what is classified as constructive criticism"? I've never understood why it's acceptable to post "This is awesome" but then get threatened with being banned for saying "I'm not impressed."

I actually thought Connected Careers was great/fantastic/etc. To me that represented progress. Bringing back features not so much.
Have you read my thread about "Maybe it's not the "suits" that were the problem? If so, go back and read it again, because I just added some very interesting quotes from Rex Dickson about how in the past the game play team had little voice as to the direction of the game, but with the new execs the direction of the game is coming from the devs and is tied very closely to what the community is asking for.

# 149 speedy9386 @ 05/21/13 12:26 PM
Quote:
Yes it is trolling because it serves no purpose. You dont have to sing their praises. You dont have to say anything at all and thats the point. There are people here that are legitimately happy about the features they added back in. I'm one of them because I was pissed they took out 32 team control last year. While I'm happy about that feature coming back, I'm not "singing anyones praises." I recognize that its a feature that should not have been taken out but whats the point in saying that now other than to rain on others' happiness about the features being back.
Sorry but it's everyone's right to give their opinion on a matter whether it be positive or negative. If I were uber excited about this like some people on here it wouldn't matter to me that someone else isn't. Basically I'm saying everyone's entitled to state their opinion and no one has the right to say they can't or shouldn't.

# 150 aholbert32 @ 05/21/13 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
Sorry but it's everyone's right to give their opinion on a matter whether it be positive or negative. If I were uber excited about this like some people on here it wouldn't matter to me that someone else isn't. Basically I'm saying everyone's entitled to state their opinion and no one has the right to say they can't or shouldn't.
LOL! I love this. This isnt America. This is a privately owned site named Operation Sports. So while you have the right to state your opinion...I (and our team of mods) have the right to delete your post and ban you from accessing this site if your post is considered trolling. State your opinion all you want but if it crosses the line, it will be the last statement you make as a member of OS.

# 151 N51_rob @ 05/21/13 01:15 PM
I am worried about them tweaking the XP given out for practice and games. There isn't enough information out there yet, but are we going to see teams full of 99 players? I can only assume the whole system got revamped, but I don't fully trust EA to really implement the system w/o needed a patch or two at release.

# 152 cuttingteeth @ 05/21/13 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I am worried about them tweaking the XP given out for practice and games. There isn't enough information out there yet, but are we going to see teams full of 99 players? I can only assume the whole system got revamped, but I don't fully trust EA to really implement the system w/o needed a patch or two at release.
...and is there now an option to turn it off/tune it (if full editing is allowed in-season, of course)? I haven't yet read a definitive answer on in-season full editing, so if it's not allowed, I'm guessing that XP is why..? If I can at least take custom rosters into a season, I'd be okay with that trade off. It wouldn't be the best option...but far from not having a decent option at all.

# 153 sportzbro @ 05/21/13 02:11 PM
Recycled features... YAY

# 154 Ueauvan @ 05/21/13 02:12 PM
my simple questions?

custom playbook?
formation subs?
player edit position/number?
play design?
other nice bits from hc06/09/ncaa13?
camp even if text like the madden 08 amp add on? ^^
roster size start of season?
temp ir? like r lewis

etc etc yes lots of info but need more detail. it wont be in the game it will have a pdf file manual again methinks ...

# 155 gzenius @ 05/21/13 02:13 PM
it looks good so far and i dont wanna be that dude but it kinda sucks that almost every "new" feature is just something that used to be in the game

# 156 Jblack900 @ 05/21/13 02:29 PM
Quote:
Crazy, everyone is praising Madden for simply bringing back features that were in the game since 08. Everyone seems to be drooling at the mouth over recycled features. Its a real shame! This is not an effort whatsoever from EA, I don't care what anyone says.
I'm kind of with Still2real on this one, I mean, we all go from bitching up a storm to EA about getting rid of the feature in Madden 13, then when they bring it back, we give them all the praise in the world, by the way, I wasn't praising EA when i got excited about this, I was praising the fact that imported draft class is back, I don't really wanna give EA any credit for that except that they understand what they did in 13 was foolish. I give them praise for recognizing their mistake. I don't necessarily give them praise for bringing an important feature like imported draft class BACK. Cause like Still2real said, it should have never been taken away in the first place.

# 157 Still2REal @ 05/21/13 03:30 PM
Quote:

I hold simple posts like "This is awesome" and "I am not impressed" in the same regard with one difference. Neither of those comments add much to the conversation but the negative one is more likely going to lead to an argument. I dont give a **** what your opinion is about the game is as long as you make intelligent, fact supported arguments either way.
Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Have you read my thread about "Maybe it's not the "suits" that were the problem? If so, go back and read it again, because I just added some very interesting quotes from Rex Dickson about how in the past the game play team had little voice as to the direction of the game, but with the new execs the direction of the game is coming from the devs and is tied very closely to what the community is asking for.

Honestly my dude, that sounds exactly like something Ian Cummings said and his Madden didn't exactly plan out either.

Again, my goal is not to bash EA. I actually distinguish between games rather than the company. My goal was simply to deny props to the company/dev team on THIS ISSUE (caps representing emphasis, not anger or yelling). I'm one of Owner modes biggest fans, but years ago when I was calling for it's return, everyone said "Dude no one cares it's not a big issue", now all of a sudden it's a huge feature.

# 158 swiftychampleone @ 05/21/13 05:59 PM
Quote:
Fair enough.

Honestly my dude, that sounds exactly like something Ian Cummings said and his Madden didn't exactly plan out either.

Again, my goal is not to bash EA. I actually distinguish between games rather than the company. My goal was simply to deny props to the company/dev team on THIS ISSUE (caps representing emphasis, not anger or yelling). I'm one of Owner modes biggest fans, but years ago when I was calling for it's return, everyone said "Dude no one cares it's not a big issue", now all of a sudden it's a huge feature.
Yep, I remember these days, too. Everything was all about online when we talked about this.

# 159 LambertandHam @ 05/21/13 06:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Exactly, now all of sudden Tiburon has taken Owner mode to the hilt, lol. Look at some of the threads and ideas around OS, with any number of posters stating "I don't want to have to control all that" yet suddenly everyone is supposedly enamored by NFL Tycoon mode. Beyond the traditional stuff of 32 team control, import draft classes and the basics of Owner mode, I think the majority of people will be delegating that stuff to the CPU. I wonder how many of the people supposedly so excited about a fully fleshed out Owner Mode, ever play HC09. The micromanagement in that game was far more player/team performance based than Tycoon mode, yet many gamers could deal with all that.

It's just funny to me the way the Madden community seems to have very little idea what the actually want but they wonder why the game itself has lacked an identity for so long.
With the amount of time I usually put into a franchise/dynasty, Owner Mode is icing on the cake. I actually have more fun building a team via recruiting or drafting/scouting. Again, that is just the way I play.

# 160 kehlis @ 05/21/13 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Exactly, now all of sudden Tiburon has taken Owner mode to the hilt, lol. Look at some of the threads and ideas around OS, with any number of posters stating "I don't want to have to control all that" yet suddenly everyone is supposedly enamored by NFL Tycoon mode. Beyond the traditional stuff of 32 team control, import draft classes and the basics of Owner mode, I think the majority of people will be delegating that stuff to the CPU. I wonder how many of the people supposedly so excited about a fully fleshed out Owner Mode, ever play HC09. The micromanagement in that game was far more player/team performance based than Tycoon mode, yet many gamers could deal with all that.

It's just funny to me the way the Madden community seems to have very little idea what the actually want but they wonder why the game itself has lacked an identity for so long.
Why do you keep repeating the same thing in different threads?

We get it. Some people are going to be happy with the additions of the old features they loved and some want more.

It's nothing new from any other year but I don't see the need to continually post the same thing.

I agree it's not perfect but I don't see the need to continually post the same thing.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.