Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

EA Sports has just released Madden NFL 25 playbook #3. Some of the things added back into the game are full 32-team control, new commissioner tools, and a league transaction log. You can also import draft classes from NCAA Football 14 into Madden NFL 25.

Read on to find out what else Connected Franchise in Madden NFL 25 has in store for you.

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 SoxFan01605 @ 05/21/13 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Exactly, now all of sudden Tiburon has taken Owner mode to the hilt, lol. Look at some of the threads and ideas around OS, with any number of posters stating "I don't want to have to control all that" yet suddenly everyone is supposedly enamored by NFL Tycoon mode. Beyond the traditional stuff of 32 team control, import draft classes and the basics of Owner mode, I think the majority of people will be delegating that stuff to the CPU. I wonder how many of the people supposedly so excited about a fully fleshed out Owner Mode, ever play HC09. The micromanagement in that game was far more player/team performance based than Tycoon mode, yet many gamers could deal with all that.

It's just funny to me the way the Madden community seems to have very little idea what the actually want but they wonder why the game itself has lacked an identity for so long.
This is more an issue of people generalizing than other people not knowing what they want. Many of the people (myself included) excited for owner mode additions have been on EA about it for years. Many of the people who said that they don't care for years are still saying so now...lol. It's a common issue here...OS is made of individuals with their own ideas, but is often discussed in terms of one or two main groups.

It's inaccurate to correlate the lack of identity in Madden to the lack of consistency with the gamers for that very reason. Gamers (as a collective group) are inconsistent in their desires for every game. There is no "Madden Community" beyond the common link of playing the game. EA's developmental schizophrenia is their own mess.

# 162 kehlis @ 05/21/13 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoxFan01605
This is more an issue of people generalizing than other people not knowing what they want. Many of the people (myself included) excited for owner mode additions have been on EA about it for years. Many of the people who said that they don't care for years are still saying so now...lol. It's a common issue here...OS is made of individuals with their own ideas, but is often discussed in terms of one or two main groups.

It's inaccurate to correlate the lack of identity in Madden to the lack of consistency with the gamers for that very reason. Gamers (as a collective group) are inconsistent in their desires for every game. There is no "Madden Community" beyond the common link of playing the game. EA's developmental schizophrenia is there own mess.
Perfectly said.

I cannot stand when ANYONE views their ideals more important than others (even if I agree with them).

I just don't understand why it is so hard to understand that some play games different than others.

# 163 jerwoods @ 05/21/13 07:27 PM
i just am so happy i can play Madden the way i want now
Honestly i am Stunned in a great way that we got these things back so quick
this was a test and if we did not speak up we would have as gamers lost more control in the long run

the thing now is to build for next-gen so we can all win as gamers

# 164 roadman @ 05/22/13 12:42 AM
Quote:
I think my point was missed, maybe due to articulating it poorly. If before this year, someone were to have made a thread about adding Owner Mode with all the depth being currently touted for M25, even those that love that type of depth and micromanagement options for that mode would have likely considered it too much to expect. Look around this forum whenever someone makes a suggestion for depth in Madden, it's almost conditioned at this point for it to be looked at through a prism of the expectations Tiburon has set this console gen. Now Tiburon goes all out on a Tycoon Mode with seemingly all kinds of depth and nuance but very few people seem to be asking if they could do this, why not other things that have been lacking for 9 years?

To try to put it plainly the idea for this mode in a thread would have been moved to a wishlist and considered a pipe dream a year ago but the moment Tiburon actually does it, it's suddenly all good. I am not hating on anyone that is happy about Owner mode, I think the additions are great but I am tired of the community as a whole limiting their POV about what's a reasonable expectation versus a "wishlist" request based of what Tiburon chooses to do.

I'm probably still doing a poor job of clarifying or maybe I am just wrong and making a poor point, it's been known to happen. In closing, rabble rabble rabble, the NFL exclusive sucks.
The way I look and see things Big, is this.

I've been here several years and I've seen hundred if not thousands of post of people wanting owner mode back. It's not something that's requested once in a blue moon and buried in some wish list forum, it's something that is requested on a continual basis.

Also, I've learned in life, that my number 1 priority is not always someone else's #1 priority.

I'm happy as a lark a lot of people are happy with the return of owners mode, but it doesn't mean I'm personally happy with it. Not sure if I'll be able to spend many hours in owner mode and playing a game, as games last over an hour for me anyway.

Heck, I've wanted penalties to work out of the box since the beginning of time, but I guess it's not a priority with EA, at this time.

Hoping it makes a dent soon.

# 165 SoxFan01605 @ 05/22/13 12:40 PM
Quote:
I think my point was missed, maybe due to articulating it poorly. If before this year, someone were to have made a thread about adding Owner Mode with all the depth being currently touted for M25, even those that love that type of depth and micromanagement options for that mode would have likely considered it too much to expect. Look around this forum whenever someone makes a suggestion for depth in Madden, it's almost conditioned at this point for it to be looked at through a prism of the expectations Tiburon has set this console gen. Now Tiburon goes all out on a Tycoon Mode with seemingly all kinds of depth and nuance but very few people seem to be asking if they could do this, why not other things that have been lacking for 9 years?

To try to put it plainly the idea for this mode in a thread would have been moved to a wishlist and considered a pipe dream a year ago but the moment Tiburon actually does it, it's suddenly all good. I am not hating on anyone that is happy about Owner mode, I think the additions are great but I am tired of the community as a whole limiting their POV about what's a reasonable expectation versus a "wishlist" request based of what Tiburon chooses to do.

I'm probably still doing a poor job of clarifying or maybe I am just wrong and making a poor point, it's been known to happen. In closing, rabble rabble rabble, the NFL exclusive sucks.
I get you, but I think you are speaking of two separate issues. Being pleased with an addition is not necessarily the same as satisfaction. In other words, I'm pleased with owner mode additions, but certainly not satisfied with where Madden is in relation to where I feel it should be. It's an important distinction because I feel it's at the heart of some of the misunderstanding that happens here.

Now, in terms of expectation, that's tricky for two primary reasons. One, as I already mentioned, trying to pinpoint "reasonable" and generalized expectations for such a diverse group of people (even just looking at OS) is difficult since we aren't, as is often implied or even expected, speaking of even just a few primary views, but of many different ones (which are often conflicting to varying degrees).

Two, EA and their performance in respect to other competitors in their overall genre (sports), has made it difficult to gauge what realistic expectations are in regards to this series. In other words, I could argue (and have) that holding EA to the standard of not only on being on par with prior direct competitors, but with the totality of features they once offered themselves is not only reasonable, but necessary. On the other hand, one could fairly argue that a more realistic view falls within examining the track record of EA and Madden in recent years (which is, IMO, a more limited view, I agree, but valid nonetheless).Or, one could take it further and argue that EA should, by virtue of the current landscape and their wealth of resources in respect to some other sports developers, be well ahead of the game (a bit demanding, IMO, but also not unreasonable).

In any case, it still comes down to perspective. This again goes back to my earlier point about the dangers of generalization. It's hard to come up with even a basic outline of what can be considered "community" expectations. We are all going to vary on what we want.

None of that is to say that those who are unhappy or lukewarm need to stop talking or anything (For example, I firmly believe that outcry over CCM last year is what led to the focus on owner mode this year-which speaks to a larger issue of proactive vs reactive development that has doomed EA for years, but I digress...). It's only to say that some will be satisfied each year, other won't ever be satisfied, and the rest of us will fall in various places between those two extremes.

For the record (to make my perspective clearer), in terms of my thoughts on 14, I would be described as "pleased, but with resignation." I also explained this briefly in another post, but basically, the omissions and what I deem as missteps with 13 resigned me to the fact that 14 would be another year of catch-up. I am not satisfied based on where I want Madden to be, but I let EA's stated vision and 13's results dictate where I thought Madden would be.

# 166 CJG050 @ 05/22/13 01:05 PM
New to the site and had a question.

Is there any news on the imported draft classes and if they work in online cc?
Can someone paste a link if there is one? Thanks

# 167 SoxFan01605 @ 05/22/13 03:35 PM
Heh...I've been frustrated by the same for years, so I get you. We could probably keep going 'round and 'round on expectations (and drive everyone else nuts in the process ), so there isn't much more to add.

As for the licensing, I don't spend too much time worrying about the issue, simply because I can't impact it at all and there's nothing productive to come from me dwelling on it. I can (and do) hope it won't get renewed, but that's about it.

Like I said though, I definitely understand the frustration.

# 168 cowboy_kmoney @ 05/22/13 05:46 PM
I just want to b able to enjoy the game through drafting right and seeing real time injuries take place. Do anyone know if thats in this years game?

# 169 Uselesscrab @ 05/23/13 12:43 AM
This is nice, but the transition needs to be better for some players. There need to be good development players in the later rounds, like in generated classes.

# 170 ItsOrangeBaby @ 05/23/13 10:50 AM
Did they say anything about storylines for imported draft classes?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

# 171 roadman @ 05/23/13 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsOrangeBaby
Did they say anything about storylines for imported draft classes?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
Yes, no storylines for imported draft classes.

# 172 swiftychampleone @ 05/23/13 12:30 PM
So if it's 32 team control, does that mean I can draft for every team in a draft?

# 173 Instant C1a55ic @ 05/23/13 01:55 PM
Ok, I am a little excited, I passed on last years due to all the bugs (jersey duplicate and scheme issues) but the main question is, if I choose owner mode, do I get to handle transactions and be able to play my games?

# 174 DeuceDouglas @ 05/23/13 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexbraun
Ok, I am a little excited, I passed on last years due to all the bugs (jersey duplicate and scheme issues) but the main question is, if I choose owner mode, do I get to handle transactions and be able to play my games?
Yes. Owner Mode = God Mode, essentially.

# 175 Instant C1a55ic @ 05/23/13 04:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Yes. Owner Mode = God Mode, essentially.
Good deal, thanks man, appreciate it

# 176 CJG050 @ 05/23/13 06:08 PM
can someone please confirm if the imported draft classes WILL work in online connected careers with multiple users. Thanks.

# 177 Jimbo614 @ 05/23/13 08:04 PM
This is the first optimistic news I've read about Madden in three years.
If done correctly as advertised, it could bring me back as a customer.
But, forgive me EA, previous management decisions have rather broken my trust with your company. I hope the recent resignation of your CEO signals that heads are now more tilted in my favor as a CPU vs CPU Franchise advocate.
As such, I am instinctively waiting for the other shoe to drop.. What's the catch? Is this only going to be for PS4? Will we get Broadcast camera? Are we going to turn on the game and find that the gameplay is broken?
I will be anxiously be scouring the boards regarding impressions. This is your big final chance with me..make it count.

# 178 Argooos @ 08/12/13 01:06 AM
I'm really glad they added this. I have no intention of buying Madden 25 mind you, but it still looks like a really good addition. It's a sign that I might not be done with Madden after all (I'm still happily playing Madden 12). I have no idea if this is the last game for current gen, but if the next one is still released for current gen it might actually be worth buying. I've already decided that I'm not going to buy a new Madden unless the franchise mode is genuinely better than any franchise mode in previous football games. Even with the stuff they've announced so far, they're still not there in my opinion. Heck, they aren't even allowing you to change players' positions during the season.

Overall though it's always good for a bit of a laugh when Madden's highly touted new feature is one that was fully functional in a previous version of the game.

# 179 sk @ 08/12/13 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSKS240
I don't know about you guys but other countries like New Zealand. They have laws to protect consumers. Everything you purchased like electronics, video games, etc. You have like a 7 day period to return the item full refund. You notice here in America even if you just bought the game and wanted to return it the same day nope were screwed like it or not not their problem because they already got our money. I don't understand their logic why video games cant get refunded. I mean even if the game is opened its still brand new because you cant put wear and tear on it. It just sucks because some people they have to save up months just to buy games and when they don't like it their stuck with a disk that turns into a frisbee.
1) No it is not brand new if you open it, put it in your console, and then play it. This is like saying you buy a car from a dealership, drive it for a couple of miles and expect the dealer to refund you the car full price because you think it's still brand new. Just because you can't put wear and tear on a product doesn't mean it's brand new.

2) That's why there are demos and reviews. Yes it sucks that you can only return an opened game for the same one, but that's the policy.

3) If people know this policy, they should take every precaution possible before buying a game. Download the demo, read reviews, watch game play on YouTube, borrow it from a friend if somebody has one.

You can just go to Gamestop and buy a used one, or use GameFly.

# 180 Maelstrom-XIII @ 08/12/13 04:36 AM
Cautiously optimistic. The demo now will make or break whether I buy this for the first time since Madden 11.

Quick question (I might've missed it): As I'm in Australia and don't have NCAA 14, will the Madden Share be capable of downloading Draft Classes? Or is there a way to get draft classes from, say, here on OS and USB transfer them to my PS3?

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.