Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Madden NFL 25 gives you the option to relocate your franchise within the Connected Franchise mode. Follow along with Shopmaster, as he relocates the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Source - Connected Franchise: Relocating Your Franchise in Madden NFL 25 (MyMaddenPad)

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 jpdavis82 @ 05/21/13 10:13 AM
I know this article briefly mentions Adam Schefter, Shop said on the GC Radio show last night that he expects them to have his voice in the game in some sort of capacity similar to what they did with Trey Wingo.

# 2 Indyboy180 @ 05/21/13 10:35 AM
Hopefully a full list of potential team names and uniforms will be leaked by E3.

# 3 khaliib @ 05/21/13 10:45 AM
What's going to kill this fast is EA's mantra "Limitations".

Something that could be really good but is so restrictive that the all excitement is gone by the time the gamer finishes reading the article.

At least expand the Logo selections as there is "No" justly reason as why you can't, none at all...

"We want more, we want more"
It's really that simple!!! (per AT&T)

# 4 Mauler97 @ 05/21/13 10:53 AM
Is it possible to post the choices of team names for the relocation cities? Also pics of the uniform options?

If it's done well and everything flows together, like if becoming the Brooklyn Dodgers gives the same sense of realism as being he Minnesota Vikings, then I don't mind the limitations. It would be nice for small customization like uniform number and name plate styles, that wouldn't affect the flow.

# 5 ijgator @ 05/21/13 11:18 AM
Come on man! Can't they pick another franchise to relocate? Jags aren't going anywhere.

# 6 khaliib @ 05/21/13 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler97
Is it possible to post the choices of team names for the relocation cities? Also pics of the uniform options?

If it's done well and everything flows together, like if becoming the Brooklyn Dodgers gives the same sense of realism as being he Minnesota Vikings, then I don't mind the limitations. It would be nice for small customization like uniform number and name plate styles, that wouldn't affect the flow.
It just stinks that vs every other sports game in the genre, football remains the "Only" sports game were so much is still "Pre-determined" and restrictive.

The whole point of going into Owner Mode is have the sense of "being in control", but in reality, everything about this Mode is already Pre-determined what can be done.

You can choose a new stadium, but you really can't build a stadium.
You can choose a new uniform, but you really can't tailor your uniform.
You can rename your team, but you can't name your team.

Not complaining, just pushing for more control so that gamer really feels like they are in control (ie owner).

Just having the ability to fully create uniforms would do so much and really add some "WOW" to customization.

There's still time, maybe something could happen between now and then.

# 7 NDAlum @ 05/21/13 12:21 PM

I support the restrictions that have been placed with a few exceptions. I'd like to be able to change the color of the logo which would then change the primary/secondary colors of the uniforms.

Giving us 17 cities with a back story of the fan base is awesome and ties into owner made perfectly. Isn't that how the relocation process works? There needs to be research done on an area to see if it is a wise decision. I'm excited because it looks like they streamlined this process for us and gave us a fair amount of choices.

So let's see...

17 cities
51 new mascots with the option to keep the original team names, so 68 choices
51 new uniforms with three variations = 153 new uniform sets

I think it makes perfect sense to have everything predetermined. Personally I don't want to see ridiculous uniform combos or team names like the North Korea Rockets.

I'm very pleased with the concept and how they've gone about implementing things. I do not want 100% freedom. This is the NFL and this current setup keeps the integrity of the NFL in tact while allowing some freedom.

# 8 jpdavis82 @ 05/21/13 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum

I support the restrictions that have been placed with a few exceptions. I'd like to be able to change the color of the logo which would then change the primary/secondary colors of the uniforms.

Giving us 17 cities with a back story of the fan base is awesome and ties into owner made perfectly. Isn't that how the relocation process works? There needs to be research done on an area to see if it is a wise decision. I'm excited because it looks like they streamlined this process for us and gave us a fair amount of choices.

So let's see...

17 cities
51 new mascots with the option to keep the original team names, so 68 choices
51 new uniforms with three variations = 153 new uniform sets

I think it makes perfect sense to have everything predetermined. Personally I don't want to see ridiculous uniform combos or team names like the North Korea Rockets.

I'm very pleased with the concept and how they've gone about implementing things. I do not want 100% freedom. This is the NFL and this current setup keeps the integrity of the NFL in tact while allowing some freedom.
Exactly, in the real NFL the fans get to help determine what names the teams are given, they vote on a select few and then the owner picks his favorite. That's how it is in Madden 25, so I agree it's keeping with the integrity of the NFL.

I also agree about changing the logo with primary and secondary color options, in fact I'm going to tweet the devs about that right now, I know they have like a month left of development time so maybe it can be added in.

# 9 Mckinley Cash @ 05/21/13 01:55 PM
I just wish that if a team leaves a city behind, you can move your franchise there. Ex: If Baltimore moves to Toronto, I can move Jacksonville to Baltimore.

# 10 bwburke94 @ 05/21/13 02:00 PM
Given the way this worked in the PS2 era, I'm not exactly sold on it. I do NOT want AI-controlled teams moving without the player's control.

# 11 cuttingteeth @ 05/21/13 02:15 PM
Do anyone know if you can move/relocate right away, before a season, or are you forced to struggle the first season away? We've had both options in the past...just wondering what options we have this go around..?

# 12 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 05/21/13 02:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaliib
It just stinks that vs every other sports game in the genre, football remains the "Only" sports game were so much is still "Pre-determined" and restrictive.

The whole point of going into Owner Mode is have the sense of "being in control", but in reality, everything about this Mode is already Pre-determined what can be done.

You can choose a new stadium, but you really can't build a stadium.
You can choose a new uniform, but you really can't tailor your uniform.
You can rename your team, but you can't name your team.

Not complaining, just pushing for more control so that gamer really feels like they are in control (ie owner).

Just having the ability to fully create uniforms would do so much and really add some "WOW" to customization.

There's still time, maybe something could happen between now and then.
What sports game allows you to custom build a new stadium? Every game I remember that had a stadium builder feature had incredibly generic stadiums that had no character or soul. If EA has done this correctly, these new stadiums will have some character that make them feel like they belong. Also, this isn't a stadium building game. Its a sports game.

I suppose they could add in a uniform editor like Diamond dynasty, but this is such a small aspect that the returns might not be worth the investment. You don't invest at a loss. Again, it is not a uniform creator game, but a sports game.

They have made this well know and it is a good reason. They are making sure that the audio works well enough. If the audio sounds organic, and the general feel of the move flows, then it is a good move. What is the point of making your own name if you are just going to be called the "Home Team" or "Away Team." Again, if done correctly, it is a better decision and has a better return.

What game even allows you to move the team other than Madden?

# 13 DeuceDouglas @ 05/21/13 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
Do anyone know if you can move/relocate right away, before a season, or are you forced to struggle the first season away? We've had both options in the past...just wondering what options we have this go around..?
I think you have to play at least one season to go through the relocation process before you can move. And only certain teams are eligible to relocate so soon. There are certain requirements like your stadium being a under a level 40 so you couldn't move a team like the Cowboys immediately but you could easily move a team like the Raiders in Season 1.

# 14 juicer420 @ 05/21/13 02:24 PM
So...I can't just move the Niners to Santa Clara? I want to move them there and keep the same name just so I can build the new stadium.

We'll know soon if the Niners are going to get Super Bowl 50. Is there any word on if the new stadium will be in the game for use after the first season? It would be nice to be able to play the final season at candlestick and move into the new stadium. It would be awful if you play Super Bowl 50 at candlestick.

If they don't include it...at least give me the chance to move them on my own!!

# 15 LambertandHam @ 05/21/13 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94
Given the way this worked in the PS2 era, I'm not exactly sold on it. I do NOT want AI-controlled teams moving without the player's control.
This. I was always 4-5 years into a good franchise, only to have a team move and ruin it.

# 16 Noble Evildoer @ 05/21/13 02:31 PM
Not a fan of being limited in name/color/uniform choices. The names shown (other than the original) are generally unintersting. We get two names of baseball teams essentially with Yanks and Dodgers and then the other choice is the Arena-esque Beats. Plus, being unable to choose and customize the colors or uniforms is very disappointing.

As much as we here at OS malign NCAA's TeamBuilder feature for not doing anything over the years, it's still the best creatn system in the business and it would be great to have that in Madden, especially with the ability to relocate teams.

# 17 DeuceDouglas @ 05/21/13 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicer420
So...I can't just move the Niners to Santa Clara? I want to move them there and keep the same name just so I can build the new stadium.

We'll know soon if the Niners are going to get Super Bowl 50. Is there any word on if the new stadium will be in the game for use after the first season? It would be nice to be able to play the final season at candlestick and move into the new stadium. It would be awful if you play Super Bowl 50 at candlestick.

If they don't include it...at least give me the chance to move them on my own!!
The 49ers will play one season in Candlestick and then move to their new stadium in Season 2 without anything having to be done.

# 18 davo1021 @ 05/21/13 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by juicer420
Is there any word on if the new stadium will be in the game for use after the first season? It would be nice to be able to play the final season at candlestick and move into the new stadium.
"Incidentally, if you play as the San Francisco 49ers, your first season will be in venerable Candlestick Park, and then you will move to the newly christened Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif., meaning that venue will debut in Madden NFL 25 a year before it will in real life."

http://kotaku.com/keep-the-fans-happ...-own-508914667

# 19 juicer420 @ 05/21/13 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
The 49ers will play one season in Candlestick and then move to their new stadium in Season 2 without anything having to be done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davo1021
"Incidentally, if you play as the San Francisco 49ers, your first season will be in venerable Candlestick Park, and then you will move to the newly christened Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, Calif., meaning that venue will debut in Madden NFL 25 a year before it will in real life."

http://kotaku.com/keep-the-fans-happ...-own-508914667
Really?! Oh man, that's awesome! They took out the ability to build a stadium around the same time the new stadium was announced. So it's been frustrating that I could never move and retain the team name and uniforms in my franchises. I love candlestick, but I can't wait for Levi's Stadium to open.

Thank you guys for the quick response. This game was dead in the water after last year, but instantly becomes a day one buy for me.

# 20 d11king @ 05/21/13 02:54 PM
I sure do hope the Rams are able to do the relocation process after the first year being since their stadium should be well under 40%. Gonna take those bad boys and move them back to Los Angeles, and then sign Tim Tebow so I can get some jersey sales and more money !!! Gonna choose a Delixe Futuristic Stadium (it's LA come on) hopefully it'll be downtown, and you can see the skyline behind the stadium; that'd be amazingly awesome. If I keep the same team name does that mean I have to keep the jerseys too? Haven't really found an answer on this specific scenario.

« Previous12345Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.