Home
Madden NFL 25 News Post

Madden NFL 25 gives you the option to relocate your franchise within the Connected Franchise mode. Follow along with Shopmaster, as he relocates the Jacksonville Jaguars.

Source - Connected Franchise: Relocating Your Franchise in Madden NFL 25 (MyMaddenPad)

Game: Madden NFL 25Reader Score: 5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox OneVotes for game: 54 - View All
Madden NFL 25 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Mckinley Cash @ 05/21/13 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
Nope i read in one of articles released from my madden pad or. Under the code (can't remember) that you can't move to city a team moved out of.

So once 17 relocations are made that's it.
I know. I just wish... lol

# 22 Caveman24 @ 05/21/13 02:58 PM
Wait so you guys want to be able to move a team to say South Dakota? There giving you jersey layouts along with realistic moves I'm sure once you have the Rams you move them to L.A. it would trigger the L.A. Rams theme.

Isn't this what we wanted? The ability to move a team but also have history along with the team etc? Why should every team be allowed to move anyway? There giving us real life moves with customization but also keeping the integrity of sports.

I like the restrictions honestly. It will prevent alot of confusions especially when in a 32 online league which I am apart of.We all have to remember this is a yearly game this is not GTA or other games that comes out every 3-5 years. Dev's have a guideline they have to abide by to.The predetermined cities/jerseys etc aligns perfectly with the Twitter feed keeping history going etc what's the problem?

# 23 Kaiser Wilhelm @ 05/21/13 03:04 PM
Quote:
Since the uniforms are pre made for new teams I think changing unis while keeping the same name is out of the question.
It looks like you keep the Jerseys, but if you are the Rams, wouldn't you just use the old uniforms?

# 24 Gronk4M13 @ 05/21/13 03:15 PM
I'm really happy this is back in the game. Also, the feature's much better than in was, by the looks of it, than Madden 12.

# 25 d11king @ 05/21/13 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Wilhelm
It looks like you keep the Jerseys, but if you are the Rams, wouldn't you just use the old uniforms?
I mean I wouldn't have had a problem keeping the same uni's as I do in fact love them (as long as I can keep the gold pants, which idk why the Rams decided to ditch) but if some of these new uni's were pretty dope, I'd just wanna have a look you know haha.

# 26 moylan1234 @ 05/21/13 03:26 PM
no customization kills the mode for me personally. nice try i guess, but these guys still don't get it.

# 27 Jakeness23 @ 05/21/13 03:29 PM
Since the NCAA team has TeamBuilder, why not just incorporate that into Franchise mode for relocating teams or creating expansions?

Also, I would love to have the ability to update jerseys every so often. I love my Panthers, but our jerseys haven't really changed since we joined the league, all we have is a slightly sleeker looking logo, would love to add my own imagination to it.

# 28 cuttingteeth @ 05/21/13 03:34 PM
Reading the confirmation that I can indeed bring back the Houston Oilers is a huge thing. Here's to hoping the uniforms can be the same as when Sir Moon was QB.

# 29 DeuceDouglas @ 05/21/13 03:46 PM
The reason for the limitations I think was to keep things within the realm of realism. They apparently had Nike design uniforms for all of these fake teams and the reason why the names are pre-determined is to prevent them from being referred to as 'home team' or 'away team'. That way, when you relocate or another team relocates, you still keep the perception that everything is somewhat status quo and the new teams fit into your current NFL like they should. I wouldn't mind seeing the ability to change colors, or create your own logos and uniforms to go along with a pre-determined city and name but I'm excited to see how this plays out this year.

# 30 juicer420 @ 05/21/13 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
The reason for the limitations I think was to keep things within the realm of realism. They apparently had Nike design uniforms for all of these fake teams and the reason why the names are pre-determined is to prevent them from being referred to as 'home team' or 'away team'. That way, when you relocate or another team relocates, you still keep the perception that everything is somewhat status quo and the new teams fit into your current NFL like they should. I wouldn't mind seeing the ability to change colors, or create your own logos and uniforms to go along with a pre-determined city and name but I'm excited to see how this plays out this year.
I think this stuff will be expanded on with the next gen consoles. But for now, this is a nice add.

You're right, having specific locations and team names, units, etc., just allows for a smooth transition. They can add specific environments depending on the location and the announcers and media types could actually say the new team names.

However, it would be nice if they included the ability to take it a step further and allow full customization for those who don't want the predetermined locations, stadiums, and uniforms. Those who do take that route have to be prepared to accept a less interactive experience though.

# 31 T-Moar @ 05/21/13 04:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuttingteeth
Reading the confirmation that I can indeed bring back the Houston Oilers is a huge thing. Here's to hoping the uniforms can be the same as when Sir Moon was QB.
Welp, I'm moving the Titans back and creating a cross-town rivalry. Of course, I'll be using the Texans, though.

# 32 NYBorn81 @ 05/21/13 04:28 PM
As said, some people are never happy. The limitations are in place to keep things within the realm of realism. To say "these people still don't get it" is ridiculous, IMO. They've given you what you've asked for, and when they do that, it's never enough.

On a positive note, I'm glad they brought it back, and I'm happy with the way it is.

# 33 DeuceDouglas @ 05/21/13 04:33 PM
Quote:
So what happens when I move the jags to LA do I still play in the AFC South?
I would assume so. LA is kind of towards the South.

# 34 TDenverFan @ 05/21/13 04:38 PM
I hope they throw on at least a few more options by the time the game is released.

A few markets they missed that I can think of are Virginia Beach, Vegas (I know it's not a likely real life destination but neither is a second Houston team or Mexico City), Louisville, Albuquerque, and Omaha.

# 35 sportzbro @ 05/21/13 06:03 PM
Quote:
When creating the team relocation feature, EA went to the NFL and procured a list of viable NFL cities. After doing that, they created a selection of team names and back stories for each city. Want to move to Brooklyn and recreate the Dodgers, go ahead! How about move another franchise to Houston and resurrect the Oilers? You can do that too. In one of the smarter design decision in my opinion, EA took each city/name combination and asked Nike to create various uniforms for each combination. That means each uniform will be professionally done, so I won’t ever have to play a team that uses “grass green” as a main color choice.
This is from tradition sports review.. I feel a little better after reading this part. With Nike designing realistic uniforms, I'm a little more OK with this.

# 36 T-Moar @ 05/21/13 06:05 PM
Quote:
So what happens when I move the jags to LA do I still play in the AFC South?
Good question. Like, can you imagine if the Seahawks moved to OKC and still played in the NFC East? How ridiculous would that be?

# 37 TDenverFan @ 05/21/13 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Moar
Good question. Like, can you imagine if the Seahawks moved to OKC and still played in the NFC East? How ridiculous would that be?
I get what you mean, but if Seattle moved to OKC I'd guess they'd stay in the West. Who else could replace them?

# 38 d11king @ 05/21/13 10:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies67
But in real life, an owner can choose his own color scheme, name, logo and uniforms. He doesn't have to choose from a predetermined options that were "voted on by fans".
• But in real life, only 5 teams realistically would relocate, if at all.

• But in real life, the Houston Oilers probably aren't coming back.

• But in real life, Mexico City???

I'm not trying to troll but come on. I get people play the game however they want to play, but hey, I want to relocate the Seattle Seahawks to Brooklyn! I want to move Jacksonville to London and call them the London Keyes. We should be able to choose our own logos, our own color scheme, but with this being the first year of reimplementing this system, including the last year on this current gen, I'm completely fine with everything here. My relocations will probably be the Rams back in LA, the Giants to Brooklyn (although with their new stadium I'd doubt I'd be able to) and maybe Jacksonville to Orlando and Buffalo to Toronto. Give Minnesota and San Diego, new stadiums, and I'm set, because

• In real life, these scenarios realistically could happen.

# 39 JaymeeAwesome @ 05/21/13 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies67
But in real life, an owner can choose his own color scheme, name, logo and uniforms. He doesn't have to choose from a predetermined options that were "voted on by fans".
But a true owner will listen to his city. You have to earn respect of the fans and choosing between the 3-4 ideas that they brought forth is essentially the best way to do it.

For the announcers to call a game correctly and not use generic sounding phrases, you need the game to limit choices. Life is decided by the choices you make, not everything can be limitless.

# 40 ACardAttack @ 05/21/13 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDenverFan
I hope they throw on at least a few more options by the time the game is released.

A few markets they missed that I can think of are Virginia Beach, Vegas (I know it's not a likely real life destination but neither is a second Houston team or Mexico City), Louisville, Albuquerque, and Omaha.
Totally agree! No reason for Mexico City, London or Dublin. I was hoping for louisville myself

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.